PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure

GamingGuru
10-15-09, 3:05 pm
Sup fellas. i've been using pak products for a long time now. however, recently, i noticed my blood pressure is high. my mother is a physician and she strongly believes its all the products i'm taking. At the mo, i'm only taking Pak+Pump plus some 3rd party whey protein. I actually just purchased Stak as well, but haven't started it. She thinks i should stop taking all animal products but i'm disagreeing with her.

My diet is semi-normal and not completely healthy. I try to drink lots of water each day as well.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking i'm gonna stop pump and stak once my 3 week cycle of Stak is over. Pak, I might stick with it, not sure yet

Cstlfx
10-15-09, 3:08 pm
You noticed your bp was high? How did you notice, actually took your bp or just based on how you're feeling?

Caffeine and other stimulants can cause one's blood pressure to rise. You can take out the stim pill in pump and see if that makes you feel better.

Aggression
10-15-09, 3:12 pm
Caffeine and other stimulants can cause one's blood pressure to rise. You can take out the stim pill in pump and see if that makes you feel better.

This. How did you 'notice' your blood pressure was high?

IRBS
10-15-09, 3:13 pm
Clean your diet up and introduce cardio 5 days a week. It will do wonders for your heart health.

If you want to know for sure, stop taking the products and see if your blood pressure drops. Each product will affect everyone differently, just make the best decision for you.

GamingGuru
10-15-09, 3:16 pm
Dudes, my mom took my BP. It was high. I dont even take the stim in Pump.

The day my mom took my BP, I had no caffeine in my system.

This is a problem IMO.

GamingGuru
10-15-09, 3:17 pm
Clean your diet up and introduce cardio 5 days a week. It will do wonders for your heart health.

If you want to know for sure, stop taking the products and see if your blood pressure drops. Each product will affect everyone differently, just make the best decision for you.

yeah, part that sucks about doing cardio is that i'm a hard gainer and need all the calories i can save. fuck.

Aggression
10-15-09, 3:25 pm
Dudes, my mom took my BP. It was high. I dont even take the stim in Pump.

The day my mom took my BP, I had no caffeine in my system.

This is a problem IMO.

If you weren't on any stimulants at that point, then I'd suggest seeing a doctor. How much do you weigh, what's your height?

Cstlfx
10-15-09, 3:28 pm
So you dont know what your BP is?

Cause there can be high for you, and actually high.

But, like IRBS said, if you want to know for sure, stop taking them, and see if your Bp goes down. If your Mom says your Bp is high but wont tell you what it is, dont tell her you're not taking the supps and then see what she says ;-)

IRBS
10-15-09, 3:30 pm
yeah, part that sucks about doing cardio is that i'm a hard gainer and need all the calories i can save. fuck.

Cardio at 60-70% of your max heart rate shouldnt impact your gains. It's basically a nice brisk walk.

GamingGuru
10-15-09, 3:32 pm
No, I do know what it was and it WAS high. she recommended me to watch my salt intake and to drink lots of fluids. i'm going to work on that for a week or so and check my BP. if its still high, then i'll get off the paks.

GamingGuru
10-15-09, 3:32 pm
Cardio at 60-70% of your max heart rate shouldnt impact your gains. It's basically a nice brisk walk.

hmm, maybe i'll implement some cardio in my workouts. what do you suggest? moderate jog for ~10mins before I lift?

Aggression
10-15-09, 3:41 pm
How much do you weigh, what's your height?

^^

IRBS
10-15-09, 3:44 pm
hmm, maybe i'll implement some cardio in my workouts. what do you suggest? moderate jog for ~10mins before I lift?

30min brisk walk post workout on training days. 30-45min brisk walk on non training days. Youll feel great and be on your way to better health. It will also aid in recovery from your training sessions.

GamingGuru
10-15-09, 3:50 pm
^^

5'8: 154

GamingGuru
10-15-09, 3:51 pm
30min brisk walk post workout on training days. 30-45min brisk walk on non training days. Youll feel great and be on your way to better health. It will also aid in recovery from your training sessions.

30 mins?! damn, im usually in and out of the gym in an hour. guess I'll be needing more time in there.

Cstlfx
10-15-09, 4:04 pm
There are some herbal supplements ("folk remedies") that have been known to work well. Lower salt is a good way to go and getting just a bit more potassium then usual in as well. Also stay away from ibuprofen and things of that nature, they'll raise it as well.

Getting cardio wont work in a week, but in the long run its definitely going to be beneficial.

Anything else in your diet that you may have recently introduced that could cause a spike?

What bp are we looking at here 140/90, higher? Lower?

GJN5002
10-15-09, 4:22 pm
have her retake it. I get "white coat anxiety" or whatever you call it. whenever a doctor takes my bp my blood pressure goes up. point is, one reading can be off. get another.

Mr. Dead
10-15-09, 4:45 pm
have her retake it. I get "white coat anxiety" or whatever you call it. whenever a doctor takes my bp my blood pressure goes up. point is, one reading can be off. get another.

This... Also... Did you roll your sleeve up, or were you wearing a short-sleeve shirt...??? Was your arm elevated to heart level...??? Was the proper cuff size used...??? Was the Blood Pressure taken manually, or with a machine...??? All these variables can make a difference, as well as diet, stress level, stims, activity level, "White Coat" syndrome, etc...