PDA

View Full Version : Drama vs. Passion

Wasteland
10-15-09, 4:57 pm
On most forums I've visited, there's a lot of "drama". What's the difference between drama and passion? I think this place, the Forvm, is about "passion", not drama. Do you think the Forvm needs more passion or more drama?

Mr. Dead
10-15-09, 4:59 pm
I think it's just right... Passion sometimes is mistaken by others as drama, and vice versa... The terms sometimes are very subjective...

Wasteland
10-15-09, 5:01 pm
I think it's just right... Passion sometimes is mistaken by others as drama, and vice versa... The terms sometimes are very subjective...

Since its inception, I've seen many say that this place is over-managed or even over-censored. Does this take away from the passion (in addition to the drama)?

Mr. Dead
10-15-09, 5:23 pm
Since its inception, I've seen many say that this place is over-managed or even over-censored. Does this take away from the passion (in addition to the drama)?

Maybe to a degree... But, in a lot of the forums I've seen, they are inundated with drama... Almost to the point of that's all there is to it... I understand one's passion, but, when the heads constantly butt, there has to be an intervening force to keep it from continuing... Especially if neither party is willing to budge... It then becomes a case of "I know you are, but what am I..???" schoolyard behavior...

Wasteland
10-15-09, 5:24 pm
Maybe to a degree... But, in a lot of the forums I've seen, they are inundated with drama... Almost to the point of that's all there is to it... I understand one's passion, but, when the heads constantly butt, there has to be an intervening force to keep it from continuing... Especially if neither party is willing to budge... It then becomes a case of "I know you are, but what am I..???" schoolyard behavior...

Yes but drama keeps us coming back for more, no?

Mr. Dead
10-15-09, 5:26 pm
Yes but drama keeps us coming back for more, no?

Not necessarily... After a while it gets mundane... A certain desensitizing occurs, and you just flip through the B.S.... Or, you leave and find greener pastures... Which happens a lot...

Wasteland
10-15-09, 5:29 pm
Not necessarily... After a while it gets mundane... A certain desensitizing occurs, and you just flip through the B.S.... Or, you leave and find greener pastures... Which happens a lot...

I disagree. Rubbernecking will always exist, as will daytime talk shows, as will the irresistible pull of good e-drama.

Mr. Dead
10-15-09, 5:34 pm
I disagree. Rubbernecking will always exist, as will daytime talk shows, as will the irresistible pull of good e-drama.

It will exist, and there will always be a niche for it, but eventually it lacks an appeal if one is exposed to it, over too long a period...

Wasteland
10-15-09, 5:35 pm
It will exist, and there will always be a niche for it, but eventually it lacks an appeal if one is exposed to it, over too long a period...

Or, the need for this "fix" will increase over time.

JUGGERNAUT
10-15-09, 5:36 pm
Drama: Great for fictional movies, bad for forvms and relationships.

IronWilson
10-15-09, 11:07 pm
Some people just need a good e-fight every now and then. Mostly, people don't like to be told that they are wrong.

What they don't realize is that once you stop learning, what else can you do?

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
10-15-09, 11:10 pm
I think the FORVM has the perfect balance. Sure you will see a little drama from time to time, but for the most part everything stays on subject, informative, and motivational.

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 11:34 pm
i hate drama, waste of time

Dr.Platypus
10-15-09, 11:35 pm
WHOEVER VOTED FOR DRAMA IS A STUPID BITCH

(see what i did there?)

JBlackapple
10-16-09, 12:14 am
one leads to another
name calling and headbutting is a personal and emotional outburst = DRAMA that comes from strong feelings of LOVE or HATE = also considered PASSION
DRAMA =
4. any situation or series of events having vivid, emotional, conflicting, or striking interest or results: (according to dictionary.reference.com)

PASSION is a bit more complicated regarding our purpose for it in the Iron Life
6. a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or DESIRE for anything: a passion for ---
that about sums up what OUR true passion should be

did we all forget that word DESIRE

everything will be fine as long as we agree to disagree and not confuse PRIDE with EGO and DISCUSS our differences rather than ARGUE....we create DRAMA wether we admit to it or not...and when we start dick measuring and talking shit to one another HATING each other ....thats not what this forum is about and we know that...

violator
10-16-09, 7:02 am
^^good post^^

i just had the displeasure of reading a post on RXmuscle about the knock-off "bros vs pros" comp they got goin on...beside the biter issue, that thread is unbelievable...members blatantly mocking and disrespecting one another...

u dont see that BS over here...big ups to the watchmen for keeping out the crap...respect.

Wasteland
10-16-09, 9:01 am
Drama is like any guilty pleasure. Everyone wants to criticize it, but no one wants to admit they've just indulged, lol.

Crash
10-16-09, 9:53 am
...Censorship will not affect the amount of passion in a environment, so long as the ownership element does not get involved...I am confident that I have passion for what I do...Yet the fact that I can respect the Gun Monkeys, because at least they are in the fucking gym; shows that I have sucessfully avoided the Drama element...That particular element comes in to play when people feel the need to project their sense of rightousness upon others...Again, I am confident that my program is superior to theirs...Yet I lack the need to go tell them to change out of their fucking jeans and get in the squat rack...To each his own...

...To be honest, how many times can you dice this shit up?..We aren't involved in rocket science here...You move weight from point "A" to Point "B"...You insert food into your mouth and shit it out the other end...You get on ur particular torture device and sweat your fucking nuts off...You take XXX product to give you an edge because you are not a novice athlete...It all fucking works...The diversity comes when we insert our own prospective into it...Some use Hate, others Desire, Obligation, Fear, Pressure, etc...

...Again the KISS philosophy applies...Find out what works for you and drive it till the motherfucking wheels fall off...Then bolt those fuckers on and drop the hammer again...That my Brothers is Passion...

...Strength and Honor...

GJN5002
10-16-09, 10:14 am
Drama is like any guilty pleasure. Everyone wants to criticize it, but no one wants to admit they've just indulged, lol.

exactly. Drama keeps it interesting. Too much drama is a bad thing but you need just the right balance.

I read through all 9 pages of the bros vs pros thread on rxmuscle and was laughing my ass off. You can only discuss benchpress technique so many times, review so many diets, or the shortcomings of someones program, it starts to get boring. I think once you start understanding the iron game a bit, sites become more of a social network and a place of entertainment more than learning.

Animalpak can be a bit overcensored at times, but its a company website not a free for all. The conversations stay on topic most of the time and most people can discuss things in a civil manor. I think passion allows for civil disussion, drama kicks in when you can no longer defend your thoughts with facts or solid opinion and you must resort to throwing stones.

naturalguy
10-16-09, 10:35 am
Save the drama for yo mamma

Wasteland
10-16-09, 10:50 am
Save the drama for yo mamma

Drama: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28070

Lol.

naturalguy
10-16-09, 11:04 am
Drama: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28070

Lol.

You calling me out? lol

I didn't start that for drama, at least that was not my intention.

Big C
10-16-09, 11:06 am
Where's the option for Neither?

There is never a lack of passion here and the drama is kept low just how I like it.

naturalguy
10-16-09, 11:10 am
Where's the option for Neither?

There is never a lack of passion here and the drama is kept low just how I like it.

Agreed. There is a ton of passion here.

Some sites need drama, we don't

Wasteland
10-16-09, 11:12 am
You calling me out? lol

I didn't start that for drama, at least that was not my intention.

Yes, you and the horse you rode in on. Drama has a way of creating itself, even in a vacuum, lol.

There are been some threads with drama in the past though.

naturalguy
10-16-09, 11:20 am
Yes, you and the horse you rode in on. Drama has a way of creating itself, even in a vacuum, lol.

There are been some threads with drama in the past though.

If it's real drama that just happens then I guess it could be entertaining in a way however some of the stuff I read on other boards feels manufactured

Wasteland
10-16-09, 11:25 am
If it's real drama that just happens then I guess it could be entertaining in a way however some of the stuff I read on other boards feels manufactured

Is this manufactured? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=297

naturalguy
10-16-09, 11:42 am
Is this manufactured? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=297

That seems real

naturalguy
10-16-09, 12:00 pm
Here is a perfect example:

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=21268

They admit that things were said to stir up drama and entertainment

Ragnar13
10-18-09, 1:54 pm
[QUOTE=Crash;825467

...To be honest, how many times can you dice this shit up?..We aren't involved in rocket science here...You move weight from point "A" to Point "B"...You insert food into your mouth and shit it out the other end...You get on ur particular torture device and sweat your fucking nuts off...You take XXX product to give you an edge because you are not a novice athlete...It all fucking works...The diversity comes when we insert our own prospective into it.....[/QUOTE]
^^^^^^^^
FUCKING QUOTE OF THE YEAR CANDIDATE!!!

As to the drama vs passion argument, we are all here cuz we love this way of life. And, as Animals we are superior to other forumposters since we are a brotherhood and do not need to resort to bashing and e-bitchfighting. Most are hear to help and give advice in their areas of expertise, and all the rest want to learn. So, no drama for me.