PDA

View Full Version : My First Bulking Journey

JamesRange62
10-17-09, 5:28 am
So I had surgery on my kidney on December 31, 2008. The surgery didn't go well, and I was limited to no physical activity. I had to sit at home on my butt for two months with nothing to do. Needless to say, I got FAT.

But on February 26, 2009, I was cleared to exercise again. That is when I decided to seriously get into shape. I am 5'9'', and I weighed 185 lbs. Since then I have shed my bodyfat significantly. I am down to 160 lbs and bodyfat is about 9%.

Now I am ready to add mass. I want to get back to 185 lbs, but I want it to be muscle. I realize this is going to take time, but I am determined. I am starting a new stack on October 26th.

My stack includes:
-Animal Pak
-Animal M-Stack
-Animal Nitro
-Superpump 250
-Glutamine
-Creatine
-100% Whey Gold Standard

I am now a part-time personal trainer at ETSU's CPA so I want to add MINIMAL bodyfat while doing this. I figure gaining 1 lb per week will assure that I gain more muscle and less fat.

So I guess that's all I got to say about that. If you have some advice (especially on how I should go about my diet), PLEASE let me know. I will need all the help/support I can get.

C.Coronato
10-19-09, 11:34 am
Yo brother, i have seen your pics, and what you can achieve. Dont let a minor set back, hang you up my man. You have a solid head on your shoulders and know how to do it right. But of course we are here to help my man.

Whats your diet looking like now?

JamesRange62
10-19-09, 7:05 pm
Yo brother, i have seen your pics, and what you can achieve. Dont let a minor set back, hang you up my man. You have a solid head on your shoulders and know how to do it right. But of course we are here to help my man.

Whats your diet looking like now?

Thanks man. That means a lot to me.

Right now its consisting of mainly grilled chicken and shakes for my protein sources. I get my carbs from oatmeal, green beans, and brown rice, and I get my fats from almonds and animal omega.

I know what I need to do training wise to add muscle, but dieting is the part I have trouble with (knowing what, when, and how much I should eat).

C.Coronato
10-20-09, 9:37 am
Thanks man. That means a lot to me.

Right now its consisting of mainly grilled chicken and shakes for my protein sources. I get my carbs from oatmeal, green beans, and brown rice, and I get my fats from almonds and animal omega.

I know what I need to do training wise to add muscle, but dieting is the part I have trouble with (knowing what, when, and how much I should eat).

Yea i hear ya man, dieting is certainly the hard part.

We will start with basics .. 6 meals a day, 3 hours apart. How much do you weigh now. and how tall are you?

JamesRange62
10-20-09, 10:05 am
How much do you weigh now. and how tall are you?

I am 5' 9'' and weighed 161 lbs this morning.

JamesRange62
10-24-09, 12:51 pm
Ok so last week I posted that I am going on my first bulking cycle. I used this week as sort of a test week with my diet, workout schedule, and supplements. I weighed every day to keep close tabs on my progress, and this is what I have concluded about this week:

Workouts

My workouts went great! I worked out like crazy and was extremely focused in the gym. The muscles I worked out were sore the next day which felt great because I knew that I got a good workout the previous day.

Supplements

The supps I used were Animal Pak, Animal Nitro, Animal M-Stak, a certain nitric oxide supp, Creatine Monohydrate, L-Glutamine, Whey Protein, and Casein Protein. To be short, I loved all of these products. They all do exactly what they claim, and I give them a lot of the credit for me being able to workout really hard this week.

Diet

This is the only part of the week that I have had trouble on. I have a clean diet that mainly consists of chicken, rice, oatmeal, green beans, and almonds. I ate 4 times a day and had 2 protein shakes a day (1 PWO and the other before bed), but I still was only able to get in about 2300 calories. This actually caused me to lose 1 lb this week, and I really don’t want that considering I am trying to bulk up. I am thinking about changing my before bed shake to a mass gaining shake so I can get in more calories right before I go to sleep. If you guys have any recipes for a mass gaining shake that I could try, they would be greatly appreciated!

Week 1 Conclusion

I believe this week went rather well. I have more of an idea of what I am doing right and what I need to change. Hopefully next week will be even better now that I have a grasp of what I should do.

JamesRange62
10-31-09, 10:44 am
Well…This week has been great! It seems that M-Stak has been working just the way it claims to. I gained 1.6 lbs this week, and I look and feel leaner! This is awesome I pray that I can keep up progress like this. My diet seems to be in check now. I think I found out how to do it the right way so I wont gain bodyfat.

The only thing that I have run into that has been sort of a problem is my NO product. At first it was great, but now its tearing up my insides. Twice this week I have had to stop mid-workout and go to the bathroom. I will still finish this tub of NO, but after that, I think I might switch to a different NO product. Which ones do you guys take or recommend?

JamesRange62
11-25-09, 7:07 am
So after my first time ever taking M-Stak (2 cans), I have gained 5.2 lbs! That means I am up to 164 lbs, and maybe I am being too optimistic but I feel like the 5 lbs has been pure muscle! I have been true to my diet, and I dont see any extra fat anywhere on my body. So hard work has truly paid off this time.

My lifting stats have gone up as well. I am now benching 245 (goal: 275), squatting 290 (goal: 315), and power cleaning 210x2 (goal: 250). So I am getting closer, and I can't wait to run M-Stak again in a few weeks!