PDA

View Full Version : Grandma knows her stuff

androidhinter
10-19-09, 5:32 pm
Anyone here ever realize some of the nutrition wisdom of their grandparents? Not many people will believe this but my 86 year old grandmother carries calves by hand, carries 5 gallon buckets full of feed in each hand every day, does construction with her construction company, paints her rent houses, and here is the unbelievable part. My uncle had to take her ladder because she kept climbing on her roof and and adjusting her tv antenna herself. I kept thinking to myself for awhile, what did she eat all her life? Its all shredded wheat and whole grain bread and homegrown fruits and vegetables. She drinks lots of water and occasionally butter milk and ate lean meats. eggs and liver and her own chickens. She and my grandpa used to eat sardines and salmon too. I want to be like that when I get old. She is in better shape than some 25 year olds I know.

msktyshha
10-19-09, 10:18 pm
its totally against body building but if u want to be healthier when ur old.........eat less throughout ur life. when i mean eat less i dont mean starve urself....eat enough that ur hunger is gone. ur stomach should be filled by 3 things in portions. 1/3 food, 1/3 water, 1/3 air(so start breathing some fresh air)

violator
10-21-09, 9:45 am
its totally against body building but if u want to be healthier when ur old.........eat less throughout ur life....

do you have any solid proof to back this statement up?
sounds like hearsay rubbish to me....

to the OP: nice post...old skool know how to rock it!, hope ive got the energy & life in me to do all she does when im that age...respect

Beach91
10-21-09, 9:54 am
Hey Android,

Just take the lessons from your Grandma, adjust the calories for yourself and create a diet plan based on the foods she consumed and you ll be set. I think what you can take from it is to eat several small meals throughout the day, dont overindulge in foods, and base your diet on simple grains, meats and healthy sources of fat.

Thanks Grandma! The information you can take from her diet plan and apply it to your own is Gold.

msktyshha
10-24-09, 10:58 pm
do some research yourself ....all this shit loads of food we eat every 3 hours doesn't turn out to be so healthy, we just do it for the love of bodybuilding. I know by the time i turn 50 i'll have some disorders in me but i don;t care. ur system is full of toxins and that's why u fart every second. gastric problems, heart problems u name it. if ur over 30 and on a bodybuilding diet then get urself a chekup, u'll surely find out u got ur bad cholestrol levels up maybe high blood pressure. Most of all u need some colon cleanse.

androidhinter
10-26-09, 1:33 pm
Ok guys. Some nice thoughts here. About the bodybuilding food, if you want to reduce negative health effects like GI problems andn cholesterol etc. Its pretty simple. ADD WHOLE FRUITS VEGETABLES and piles of whole grains. Fiber, enzymes. I do eat all those things and they dont replace any of my meat. It just helps me process it better.

violator
10-26-09, 2:15 pm
.... if ur over 30 and on a bodybuilding diet then get urself a chekup, u'll surely find out u got ur bad cholestrol levels up maybe high blood pressure. Most of all u need some colon cleanse.

Seriously bro...not everything uve heard thru the grapevine is true, stop posting absolute rubbish...FYI...im 30, had a full checkup done & theres nothing wrong with me, in fact, ive got a cholesterol count of 3.9, have no gastric issues & regular blood pressure...& i eat 3-6 whole eggs a day...the doc says im fitter & healtheir than 95% of the cats she consults...how do you explain that?, am i some freak of nature?

..., if you want to reduce negative health effects like GI problems andn cholesterol etc. Its pretty simple. ADD WHOLE FRUITS VEGETABLES and piles of whole grains. Fiber, enzymes.

true dat....

closeyourbox
10-26-09, 2:26 pm
actually the cholesterol levels in food do not play a role in blood cholesterol...look it up...im with you violator...8 whole eggs a day...cholesterol = good...look it up...