PDA

View Full Version : Toxins and Bad Attitude

androidhinter
10-20-09, 11:57 pm
I am going to talk about some known toxins in our food supply and I don't expect it to get a good reception. Put it in bullshit, whatever at least some will still read it. For some reason people get REALLY defensive about ingredients and foods that they may or may not even consume. I am not trying to tell you what to do. I dont care if you keep using these things, I just felt bad not saying something. No it wont kill you once but long term use of these thing will harm you. I personally had severe liver damage (only 20 never drank in my life) diagnosed by multiple doctors from (their words) aspartame poisoning. I was getting about a 12 pack of diet cokes worth a day from 2 separate powder supplements from another company. I was experiencing daily migraines, nausea, and nose bleeds. I stopped taking them and immediately started getting better. It took 6 months to get back to normal since it builds up in the body. The worst thing was that the company had no feedback mechanism.

ASPARTAME: Aspartame is made from phenylalanine, aspartic acid, and methanol. Thats right methanol. The toxin in bad moonshine that makes you blind. When aspartame is broken down in the liver, methanol is released causing liver damage. It even crosses the blood brain barrier. It breaks down brain tissue and causes tumors.

In the liver methanol is broken down into three other chemicals, formaldehyde (yep as in cigarettes and dead bodies) , formic acid, and a diketopiperazine. all carcinogens. Formic acid is even a germline cell mutagen. That means it screws up your sperm.

For these reasons Air Force pilots are not allowed to drink diet soda and doctors sometimes use it to induce seizure.

Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn5slnNB8h0

Fluoride:
Developed by Nazi scientists for use in the drinking water in the concentration camps. It was developed as a drug to make the population docile. Also used by soviet russia in the gulags. Ever wonder why toothpastes have a poison control warning? Because it will kill a small child if they eat it. It is used as roach and rat poison.
Fluoride increases aluminum absorption in the body by 300%

Now please people, dont take what I am saying about a food or water additive personally. You did not develop it nor have any personal stake in them. The WORST attitude when it comes to diet information is that "it aint gonna kill me" attitude after hearing how it is going to kill you. If you agree or disagree about what I said about the chemicals I would like some constructive feedback.

androidhinter
10-21-09, 12:08 am
I forgot to add that I actually started to use animal products because of their purity and lack of these things.

t_mh
10-21-09, 12:36 am
Good post. I'm pretty sure universal keeps aspartame out of everything as it's a very controversial chemical, but it's a good reminder that there are companies who throw any shit in.

"No it wont kill you once but long term use of these thing will harm you."

I think that's an important point.

androidhinter
10-21-09, 1:11 am
Thanks man, I'm gonna have some studies posted in the morning. Dont wanna just throw some facts out there. If anyone else has anything to add that would be great. My big 4 are aspartame, msg, trans fats, and fluoride.

xMATT182x
10-21-09, 2:56 am
Good post bro. I've been reading up on how nasty aspartame is too. If you find more good stuff feel free to post, i'd be glad to learn more.

violator
10-21-09, 6:44 am
nice post man...can u PM me with the name of the pre W/O powder that fuct u up?

Wasteland
10-21-09, 9:57 am
Knowledge is only as good as where you get it from, and while the internet has made a lot of information available, this is not without real and tangible consequences.

GJN5002
10-21-09, 10:22 am
Sodium Fluoride is a waste product from factories producing aluminum. Sounds like something I would liketo drink . It can accelerate bone loss over the course of your life time, gastro upset, cause seizures, there is a correlation between high fluoride exposure and low I.Q. Ive read that its the main ingredient in ra poison along with warfarin, that I cant validate though. You also cant sue the water company if they ever conclusively prove fluoride screwed you up due to the water act.

Wasteland
10-21-09, 10:26 am
Whey protein was originally a waste product that was dumped after the manufacture of cheese.

GJN5002
10-21-09, 10:35 am
Whey protein was originally a waste product that was dumped after the manufacture of cheese.

you can eat cheese, whens the last time you drank aluminum water or ate what they scrape out of the smokestacks in a factory?

Dr.Platypus
10-21-09, 11:08 am
also whey was never solely a waste product, the liquid part of cottage cheese is whey.

Wasteland
10-21-09, 12:09 pm
you can eat cheese, whens the last time you drank aluminum water or ate what they scrape out of the smokestacks in a factory?

The point is, perception has a lot to do with we believe is good and bad, not necessarily "science" or opinions and agendas that assume the mantle of science. Or, too often, anecdotal information is embraced as fact and then perpetuated as the truth on the internet. Perception is based on the "information" we come by and the key here is our ability to discern good information from bad and how to contextualize and make sense of that information once we have it. That's why some believe that aspartame is toxic, while others think it's perfectly safe; why some believe sucralose is good because it's natural and "made from sugar" while others think it's harmful. Threads like this can be extremely beneficial or become extremely sensational. They can pass on good information to help people make good decisions or they can further ignorance and misinformation. Let's just be careful and responsible about what's said and what's presented here as the "truth", that's all.

GJN5002
10-21-09, 1:13 pm
The point is, perception has a lot to do with we believe is good and bad, not necessarily "science" or opinions and agendas that assume the mantle of science. Or, too often, anecdotal information is embraced as fact and then perpetuated as the truth on the internet. Perception is based on the "information" we come by and the key here is our ability to discern good information from bad and how to contextualize and make sense of that information once we have it. That's why some believe that aspartame is toxic, while others think it's perfectly safe; why some believe sucralose is good because it's natural and "made from sugar" while others think it's harmful. Threads like this can be extremely beneficial or become extremely sensational. They can pass on good information to help people make good decisions or they can further ignorance and misinformation. Let's just be careful and responsible about what's said and what's presented here as the "truth", that's all.

I know, unfounded information can cause reactions. I think too often, we look at things from the aspect of "prove that its harmful," when in reality we should want the safety and need to be proved first. My point: Fluoride for instance has never been conclusively proven safe or effective. There really isnt enough time to debunk or research every topic on here thats why most of it relies on opinion. Hopefully opinion wil spark interest and someone will go learn more about whatever topic it is and make their own decision about it.

Wasteland
10-21-09, 1:18 pm
I know, unfounded information can cause reactions. I think too often, we look at things from the aspect of "prove that its harmful," when in reality we should want the safety and need to be proved first. My point: Fluoride for instance has never been conclusively proven safe or effective. There really isnt enough time to debunk or research every topic on here thats why most of it relies on opinion. Hopefully opinion wil spark interest and someone will go learn more about whatever topic it is and make their own decision about it.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about the flouride. I would prefer it if municipal water did not contain flouride. That's just my OPINION and one that's shaped by my understanding of the science of flourine. But, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a scientist and I'm not a leading expert on toothpaste (though the toothpast business is probably more exciting than I give it credit for). My general point wasn't lost, and that's what matters I think.

GJN5002
10-21-09, 1:20 pm
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about the flouride. I would prefer it if municipal water did not contain flouride. That's just my OPINION and one that's shaped by my understanding of the science of flourine. But, I'll be the first to admit, (though the toothpast business is probably more exciting than I give it credit for). My general point wasn't lost, and that's what matters I think.

just put a disclaimer in your sig "I'm not a scientist and I'm not a leading expert on toothpaste "

Wasteland
10-21-09, 1:24 pm
just put a disclaimer in your sig "I'm not a scientist and I'm not a leading expert on toothpaste "

Done and done.

GJN5002
10-21-09, 1:36 pm
Done and done.

Nice, now onto the toothpaste research

Hercules
10-21-09, 1:44 pm
The National Institute of Health (NIH) is a decent source of information. I have received multiple quality teaching resources from them for my classroom/students. Their website is www.nih.gov. They have a ton of information on the topics discussed in this thread.

GJN5002
10-21-09, 3:40 pm
The National Institute of Health (NIH) is a decent source of information. I have received multiple quality teaching resources from them for my classroom/students. Their website is www.nih.gov. They have a ton of information on the topics discussed in this thread.

I checked it out. They are using research from 1990/1991 to justify the safety of fluoride.

Wasteland
10-21-09, 5:04 pm
I checked it out. They are using research from 1990/1991 to justify the safety of fluoride.

Alternative groups (community oriented, like Mercola) are skeptical of institutionalized science/medicine (like NIH) and vice versa. Again, perspective and perception is the name of the game. One's take on any given subject says more about the individual's belief system than on the science itself, IMHO.

GJN5002
10-21-09, 6:00 pm
Alternative groups (community oriented, like Mercola) are skeptical of institutionalized science/medicine (like NIH) and vice versa. Again, perspective and perception is the name of the game. One's take on any given subject says more about the individual's belief system than on the science itself, IMHO.

how much faith can i put in a self proclaimed non scientist?