PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Arizona ABC

charlievanriper
05-19-09, 9:58 am
If anyone is interested and wants to get together to train, I am creating The Westown Animal Barbell Club in North Phoenix Arizona I hope to build a local lifting Club for Friendship support and to Train like the Beasts we are. Lets get together.

C.Coronato
05-19-09, 11:06 am
Awesome brother. Good to see you are making your stay here more vivid. Do you have any fellas you train with now?

charlievanriper
05-19-09, 11:35 am
I used too when I trained at the Church, but I havent met anyone up here on the North side yet. so Its me and my Safety rack lol.
I am working on a couple guys they train at the metro 24 hr fitness, I am trying to convince them to train with me at my Studio.
I am working on increasing the amount of Olympic plates I have but Iron is getting really expensive these days, I am always checking for used stuff. I have a little over 600 lbs of Olympic and 200 standard, so I'm not too limited. I am also Looking for a leg extention/ leg Curl machine that I can do both prone and standing leg Curls, the one I want thru Deltec fitness has been temporarily out of stock. I keep emaailing them but so far nothing new. Outside the Studio I have a boxing tower, a Hyperextention bench, and an Ab Chair. So the gym is comming along slowly but its comming along.

C.Coronato
05-19-09, 11:48 am
I hear ya man. Well keep it going, and im here to help if you need any!

G Diesel
05-19-09, 12:20 pm
Good to see you taking the initiative Charlie Van... There are a lot of serious bbers in Arizona, so I'm sure you can put together a good event. BrandonA is the AZ coordinator, so I'll make sure he is hip to your plans.

Peace, G

charlievanriper
05-19-09, 2:36 pm
Thx G

charlievanriper
05-27-09, 6:00 pm
Good to see you taking the initiative Charlie Van... There are a lot of serious bbers in Arizona, so I'm sure you can put together a good event. BrandonA is the AZ coordinator, so I'll make sure he is hip to your plans.

Peace, G

Hey Diesel did you ever get word to Brandon, I have not heard anything from him. I'm kinda stuck with how to get this thing going, I'll get down to NPBC and talk with some of the guys down thier also.

charlievanriper
08-27-09, 8:09 pm
Well still training alone, cant seem to fiind anyone to train with, everybody has some excuse or another. I know thiers some serious guys up here, just dont know any and they dont seem to want to know me so I dont know, I'll just keep plugging away with my saftey rack.

C.Coronato
08-28-09, 9:18 am
Yo brother, try posting these around:

http://forum.animalpak.com/media/ABCFlyer.pdf

That should drive some people.

jaenat
09-29-09, 5:54 pm
I am currently living in phoenix and would like to train with other members of the animal crew. Lets get this thing rolling! Where exactly do you train at? Let me know of anything I can do to help get things in motion.

charlievanriper
09-29-09, 6:14 pm
I am currently living in phoenix and would like to train with other members of the animal crew. Lets get this thing rolling! Where exactly do you train at? Let me know of anything I can do to help get things in motion.

Dude I have built my own training studio in my Backyard in North Phoenix, ( Metro area ) I train around 8 am in the morning's. If you live in the Area swing by.

Shoot me a messege and I'll let you know where I am.

VinceRkg
10-05-09, 7:09 pm
Hey you guys getting together? I am in Mesa, but will travel.........

charlievanriper
10-05-09, 10:20 pm
I have not heard from any one yet, My Studio is large enough for a couple but hell we can still do it. I am thinking about talking to a friend of mine the Fitness director at NPBC on Central and see what he thinks of a get together at the Church Gym, maybe on a large scale to promote Local Bodybuilding and Powerlifting Events. Maybe we can get the National level guys involved and have some pro's do Exhibition, all for Local Charity ( food Banks and such). For anyone not familiar with NPBC they build a full sized Gymnasium years ago and have one of the better Weight Rooms In the valley, Thier is a NCCA full sized indoor basketball court its pretty Awesome I used to train thier till I moved back up on the noth side. I dont know where we can go with this but I am insenced to make something big happen in Phoenix not only for us but also for the kids. The State Coordinator has not even responded to me as yet and I have seen nothing what so ever hapening in Phoenix, this to me is just not cool as this is the 9th largest City in America thier are what 5 Million people living here. Thiers not enough activity in this State and its time it changed.

Vinny G
10-22-09, 7:36 am
i will be competing on saturday, february 20th 2010 in the Phoenix pro 202

i dont know if there are any animals in the area, but i'll be available for an ABC the following sunday.

C.Coronato
10-22-09, 10:19 am
i will be competing on saturday, february 20th 2010 in the Phoenix pro 202

i dont know if there are any animals in the area, but i'll be available for an ABC the following sunday.

Charlie Van Riper is your man Vin! he has his own Animal home Gym!

Vinny G
10-22-09, 11:17 am
Charlie Van Riper is your man Vin! he has his own Animal home Gym!

i have never heard of him, he sounds like he should be the lead singer for a metal band.

behind VH1 with Charlie Van Riper at 8:00pm....i can see it now.l

can you tell i'm not dieting yet....lo

C.Coronato
10-22-09, 11:23 am
lol .. here is his thread.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=25385&highlight=charlie

charlievanriper
12-11-09, 11:35 am
Well so much for getting some interest in Phoenix.

C.Coronato
12-11-09, 11:36 am
Dont give up man! Plenty of people are around. It just takes some time.

Keebler
12-22-09, 5:11 pm
which gym do you all go to? im seeking a serious lifting bud email me if interested im 24 5'6" 230lbs and preparing for my first bodybuilding show. hit me up!

charlievanriper
12-22-09, 5:18 pm
I train in my own gym off 31st and cactus.

C.Coronato
02-22-10, 2:15 pm
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

charlievanriper
02-22-10, 5:46 pm
Nope no chance at making it this yr, sorry.

Also I'm joining 24 hr fitness at metrocenter since I cant find any serious Animal fans in Phoenix to train with, or to help stimulate some Animal activity here. So i'll be doing some weight training (the stuff I can use a training partner with like pushing skullcrushers, bench work the rest I like training alone) and most of my cardio work. I found a coach for my Posing I'm suposed to talk to him next month ( he actually promotes the Best of the West and trains select clients here in Phx ( I met him at the Pro here and he's really positive I can do well in my show). I just dont get why people send me mesages about training together or getting together and then I respond and I never here fom them again. Other than a select few like you Chris, jim and a couple others thier seems to be a lot of flakey guys coming on board. Ya know not one of these guys other than you and G in this thread have ever responded to my answers or my emails. And God forbid the so called Az coordinator get off his ass and talk to me, you said you messeged him last year and he has never even tried to reach me.

C.Coronato
02-23-10, 9:31 am
I hear ya man, some people just come and go, its part of the internet world. Here check out the AZ thread, i think he is trying to get an ABC going.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11636&page=7

Thumper
02-25-10, 7:44 pm
looking for a no frills lifting gym, check out thorbeckes gym, google it. no contract and two dollars a day. I am going to get started hitting in next week after a good break from lifting.

It is by Tempe Marketplace

charlievanriper
02-26-10, 2:35 pm
Sorry I dont do travel over 10 miles one way, I have my world here in North Phoenix with my own fully outfitted Training gym for free! and now I have found a new home at 24 hr fitness in Metrocenter.

Join me or be square and stay small lol.

God I forgot how much I liove using Hammer Strength Equipment.

TTL after yesterdays Monster bloody Back Session I think I gained another inch everywhere lol. Check it out on my Bodyspace and when you gonna come say hi to me on my facebook page?

Thumper
02-26-10, 6:49 pm
I am just getting back into the gym from a long break due to work and school. I am currently playing semi-pro football and may have to give that up due to work. I was posting the gym for the Eastern Phx guys. Also last year I was getting great meats thru Midwestern Meats (under fitness sections) out of Mesa they deliver. Pre-packaged, cooked and weighted out and not too expensive for what you are getting.

charlievanriper
02-26-10, 10:59 pm
I am just getting back into the gym from a long break due to work and school. I am currently playing semi-pro football and may have to give that up due to work. I was posting the gym for the Eastern Phx guys. Also last year I was getting great meats thru Midwestern Meats (under fitness sections) out of Mesa they deliver. Pre-packaged, cooked and weighted out and not too expensive for what you are getting.

Ya I love thier Greek chicken

charlievanriper
03-19-10, 10:41 am
Just no Hardcore men in North Phx, Many talk, but then dont show up or follow thier talk with the Walk...... Oh well I have found a couple guys that have asked to train with me after a couple weeks of watching me around the Gym, steady having guys ask me to spot ( as they are pretty much unwilling to ask most in the gym, def hard to find someone that knows his shit and can spot the right way), Lots of guys asking and turning to me for help in the gym with thier training ( its a great feeling to walk in to a gym and constantly get greeted from young and older lifters alike ). Already I have had 6 guys that I corrected on proper form come back with wow thx bro lol, I'm finding alot of the mistakes are simple, but some are technical.

Well its great I have 2 guys prepping for contests right now that I have known from my early days in the game, and its good to see them and talk shop again, we train differently but still push each other daily. ( 1 is more into Cardio than I am, but as a Bantamweight cuts are more important than Muscle tone, I will be coming in on the high side of Middle weight and want to have more obvious muscle tone)
Well anyway its nice to be back in the local circuit again making friends and getting my face and name out thier again.

Oh and as for my training I now have a couple guys that have trained other guys both Natural and Pro giving me advice so this is new to me ( although we are finding that I am pretty much in line with thier concepts and have been told I have great potential and my knowelege of this industry and the Training guidelines that will produce Champions are invaluable ) those comments did nothing to humble me lol. Daily I get critiques and instructions of what to put emphasis on and training tips which I have found to be Completely invaluable.
Advice on Shoulders that have resulted in huge gains and development, Legs which are starting to show. Oh how I could go on but I need to hit those legs today 10 sets 10 plus pre exhaustion work and leg Press with high rep calf work today!

It doesnt look like I will get to put together an ABC at 24 hr Fitness but I'm building a nice following and a solid friendly group of serious weight lifters, which will lead to a solid support structure for both myself and those that join me on this Journey and OH what a fun, exciting and wonderous Journey it has started to become!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlievanriper
06-29-10, 12:44 am
Nice try TTL, but he never even tried, but I found out later that he cx his show or something. I did meet Andy Haman and am trying to get him to come and train with us next time he comes thru town. Oh well I have 3 more guys interested in getting together at 24 hr fitness my main gym now, That makes 7 and we will be putting a training session together in the next month ( we have Mongollian grill, Hometown Buffet and a couple other great eating places within walking distance of us. I will keep you posted.

Well 24 hr aint hardcore abd it may be pretty but ubtil I become famous and can buy a gym and turn it into a Hardcore gym I guess were stuck with it lol.

Oh this is my new thread below

C.Coronato
06-29-10, 10:03 am
Awesome bro. 7 guys and Mongolian Grille sounds like a winner to me! Let me know if you need any help with anything!

charlievanriper
06-29-10, 10:09 am
One of my Clients just posted this on Facebook bro, Is this the shit or what!!!!!!

A cool comment from a client "Charlie: Great workout yesterday! Feeling the transistion from pain to strength. If anyone ever wanted my opinion, and regardless they will get it anyways; you're one of the best trainers I've ever worked with. thanks bro Micheal!

Thx for your support although I dont think I am going to get much support from anyone other than you and Deadman, but I hope to pound some Iron with you both soon!!!!!!!

C.Coronato
06-29-10, 10:13 am
Thats great man. Changing one persons life, is something everyone should try to do. That one person will be forever grateful, and hopefully help someone else. Itll make this sick and twisted world a much better place.

One day ill make it out there .. Any thoughts of making it to the Olympia this year?

charlievanriper
06-29-10, 10:22 am
Possible Vegas aint that far from me 5 or 6 hrs( even if we can drive up and stay in Henderson, thier I can get rooms for dirt cheap, truck is fixed now so its a possibity). And It doesnt cost much to come see the Vendor show, I dont need to go to the main event, maybe the pre judging. The Cage would be fun though.

C.Coronato
06-29-10, 11:43 am
Awesome my man. It should be a good time for sure!

charlievanriper
06-29-10, 3:32 pm
I just got an Email from jeff Willet he has told me he might be coming thru Phoenix later this year and he might be able to stop in and train with my boys and I, he told me to check back with him later in the year. This is awesome news, I am still waiting to here from Andy Haman on whether he would be game to stop in for a visit. I will be talking to Troy Alves soon ( he has sold his Supplement store and I am not as yet sure of his plans. My friend Landley Manning has tentatively agreed to participate and said he will hook me up with some of his connections. I have a couple other Competitive and Powerlifters that I know from the past who I still have to talk to. So along with an approval from my 24 hrs GM, 7 vary interested big guys and myself, a hell ya from the Mongollian Grill and Homestead Buffet it looks like I have some busy planning ahead of me!!

Phoenix Will Rock the West Coast Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlievanriper
06-29-10, 7:04 pm
Ha got a new batch of flyers to hand out, gonna pic them up on my way to the gym. Even got a new Logo for the club, I'm getting it put into JPEG so I can post it. ( I stole it of the internet lol) A zombie doing a Barbell row lol.

charlievanriper
06-29-10, 7:21 pm
What could be better than THE IRON, THE BARBIE "FOOD", SOME PRETTY GIRLS ALL COMBINED TO MAKE FOR A GREAT TIME IN AZI!!!!!!!!

charlievanriper
06-30-10, 12:19 am
another 1 wants in, Everybody wants to train with Charlie The Ripper lol.

charlievanriper
06-30-10, 1:08 am
This is my new logo and will be a signature from now on!!! The Beast has arisen from the desert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

http://i47.tinypic.com/id9jyh.jpg

Even looks like me lol

charlievanriper
06-30-10, 6:00 pm
I am looking into the cost of getting some tank tops made with this graphic., anyone got a suggestion for somnething cool to say on the back.

charlievanriper
07-01-10, 5:00 pm
Tentative First Phoenix Event with possible local Pro guest couple weeks after my brother LM's victory in Vegas in 4 weeks.

charlievanriper
07-01-10, 6:17 pm
Tentative First Phoenix Event with possible local Pro guest couple weeks after my brother LM's victory in Vegas in 4 weeks.

Bump

off to the gym to train like a pro and hand out some more flyers, we are gonna rock.

charlievanriper
07-02-10, 1:31 am
Way cool I guess were official now. Its mine and up to me to bring this off and make this ABC the best in the Country!!!!!!

charlievanriper
07-03-10, 2:35 pm
Going to re instate my certifications as well as get the sports nutrition performance specialty cert. Within 3 months I will havemhy Masters level Trainer Certification. As I plan on getting on Staff now with 24 hr fitness, I've found a comfortable home. The really funny thing is ( I must have bodybuilders syndrome since I think I am small and others look at me like wow dude your getting huge) Well as of last night the word has leaked that I am trying to get on Staff and last night I had 3 guys come up and tell me they wan me to Train them.
So my Dance card is getting full and I aint even at the dance yet lol.

The word is getting out.

charlievanriper
07-06-10, 11:51 pm
I will be posting a Roll Call list soon, the guys who currently are interested are slowly sending me thier names and addresses with Email listings. Which as soon as I have most of the list made I will post new members names.

C.Coronato
07-07-10, 9:43 am
Awesome progress. Who are you certified through for your PT? I am ISSA, and sometimes i feel like it isnt the route i should have went as its not yet collegiate recognized.

charlievanriper
07-07-10, 9:47 am
I chose to stick with NFPT along time ago, I like thier training philosophy hard heavy resistance training. I had ISSA also but I did not like the overall constant cost for CEC's so I let that one go.

charlievanriper
07-08-10, 9:37 am
Well with the dieting crash in full swing everything I quess is on hold again. I have no energy, motivation, excitement or fucking desire to do anything right now. Stress levels are thru the roof, I am extremely weak ( sub 9% now ) like I said in my journey thread everyone that knows me is all worried I am heading for a heart attack ( to many stims and not enough food) but at least I'm getting rid of the bodyfat. Another week of under 30 carbs. 2 sometimes 3 - 30 minute cardio sessions ( I cant make it thru more than 30 )now per day, plus weights using a 2 day split. I am still going to try to make this first event happen within 6 to 8 weeks, but I dont know what shape I'll be in as far as being able to participate. I hope the energy goes back up and the weakness goes away soon.

C.Coronato
07-12-10, 4:05 pm
Heart Attacks would not be good brotha. Get that shit under control first, i think that would be the best and most important!

charlievanriper
07-12-10, 4:09 pm
Ya I came off the zero carbs, and started eating again ( well restricted calories now, but I feel better)

C.Coronato
07-12-10, 4:12 pm
Good, good. Glad to hear brotha!

charlievanriper
07-12-10, 4:13 pm
I had to, going back to work I have to have energy, so the experiment in extremes has come toa close ( temporarily)

charlievanriper
08-05-10, 12:00 am
Well 5 members of the North Phoenix ABC met today at 24 hr Metrocenter ( my shirt was dirty from yesterday and nobody as yet has thiers) anyway the Vids will be posted in Charlies Video thread. One of my bro's worked Back today and the rest of us worked Chest and it was another day of extremes. Currently the vids are being uploaded on Utube and are available here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cvrfitness

Also G or Christian I would like to get this threads name changed to North Phoenix ABC

plasmosis
09-16-10, 7:35 pm
arizona seo (http://www.seocompanydirect.com/)

I live in Payson and although it is hot the winters are great.

CavScout1980
10-05-10, 12:38 pm
Whats up fellas? I will be moving to Flagstaff Arizona in Jan 2011. I am very interested in getting involved in your ABC. Tried to get one going here in Germany but with most the people being Military and very busy it never happened. Always wanted to be a part of an ABC. Let me know whats up.

charlievanriper
10-05-10, 12:48 pm
Just get a hold of me when you get thier, Then we can plan something or at least plan out a strategy.

CavScout1980
10-06-10, 1:35 pm
Sounds good man!

sabarnes44
10-08-10, 11:35 am
i'm an NJ kid out in AZ for school (at ASU). I don't have a car out here but i'm pretty good with the light rail and buses. If there's anything going on soon i'd be happy to attend, it would be great to lift at a real gym with some serious people.

thanks,
steve

scals
10-28-10, 10:00 pm
Yo Charlie, I'm thinking I'll be out in Phoenix Jan 11th-15th. Lemme know if you're gonna be around, and if others wanna join in and get something going.

charlievanriper
10-28-10, 10:18 pm
yo Scals that sounds cool, CavScout should be here by jan and I have my boys here we can get something planned. Jum should be coming thru soon I am not sure when maybe he will be able to make it. The other guy well he posted once and I havenot heard from him since. Keep me posted

scals
10-28-10, 10:22 pm
yo Scals that sounds cool, CavScout should be here by jan and I have my boys here we can get something planned. Jum should be coming thru soon I am not sure when maybe he will be able to make it. The other guy well he posted once and I havenot heard from him since. Keep me posted

Awesome bro. I have a few business things to take care of, and plan on hitting up a Suns game too. Should be an awesome time!

charlievanriper
10-29-10, 1:08 pm
So who wants to Hit a killer Shoulder building routine with me today?
I need a training partner for this afternoon at Metrocenter any men here in Phoenix or the valley that have the desire and passion to lift some IRON?
My bro has a child EM and cant make it today.

charlievanriper
10-29-10, 4:47 pm
Any Men here in the Valley have the passion and desire to lift some Heavy Ass IRON. I'm Training at Metrocenter 24 hr today around 2:30 pm and I need a Partner. Any Takers?

maybe I am to intense for the Average little gym rat around here, who know's Guess I'll be doing alot of smith machine work if this stays like this.

charlievanriper
10-30-10, 2:37 am
Any Men here in the Valley have the passion and desire to lift some Heavy Ass IRON. I'm Training at Metrocenter 24 hr today around 2:30 pm and I need a Partner. Any Takers?

maybe I am to intense for the Average little gym rat around here, who know's Guess I'll be doing alot of smith machine work if this stays like this.

Home from Shoulers / vertical Back / Traps / biceps and I am fried. Hit some ggod numbers and volume, Had trouble on heavy DB presses so I lowered the weight and did reps. My Freaking Delts and Arms are so sore right now!
All of you that could have come ( with the exception of my brother Dustin) to the gym and trained with me today lost out on a great Training Session. Your Loss!

BigKO89
11-06-10, 8:06 pm
Hey Charlie, Im a 21 year old lifter here in Phoenix, Im located about 5 miles from Metro Center. I was an avid lifter back in high school and finally got back into the game after a few years of knee problems. Trying to pack on some muscle before I shred the fat Ive gained over the years. Let me know about this club.. Im currently training with my cousin at the gym in his apartment up on the north side of town.. but I want to take it way over the top

charlievanriper
11-08-10, 2:19 pm
Hey Big K or anyone else residing in Phoenix

This is just a last minute hope that maybe someone local around here would care to put thier upper body thru some seriou work?
This is what I am tackling today, Dustin has training all week and will have to train on his own later than I can, So here is another Opportunity to Take your training to the next level. Here is what I am tackling today

See Below:

If you want to join in I will be at the gym by 3 pm ready to Rock & Roll

•RC work couple sets for warm-up
•Bench Press 6 sets - % based see below
•Barbell Bent Row 6 sets 15,8,6,4,4,HR- % based see below.
•Barbell Incline Press 1x 4 to 6 (SS T-Bar Row)
•Incline Dumbbell Press 2x 6 to 8... (SS T-Bar Row)
•Sm Mach Incline Press 2x 6 to 8 (SS T-Bar Row)
•Bar Row 5x 15,12,10,8,HR - % based see below
•Pec Dec Fly’s 2x 8 to 12
•Dumbbell Pullovers 1x 10
•Dumbbell Fly’s 2x 12 to 15
•Lying Triceps Ext 2x 6 to 8 ( with Close grip Press)
•Dips 2x wtd for Reps ( weight for no less than 10 reps)
•Triceps pushdowns 2x Higher reps for finishers
•Incline Cable Fly’s 2x 12 to 15

Week 2 – Desired projections
With Bench Press Percentages
60% of max x 12 reps – 190 - (235)
75% of max x 6 reps – 235 - (272.5)
80% of max x 5 reps – 252.5 – (292.5)
85% of max x 2 sets of 4 reps - 267.5 – (310)
72% of max x max reps – 225 – (260)

With Barbell Rows Percentages Based on 255
60% of max x 15 reps - 155
75% of max x 8 reps - 195
80% of max x 6 reps - 205
85% of max x 2 sets of 4 reps - 215
65% of max x max reps - 165

With T – Bar Row –Percentages based on 275 max
65% of max x 15 reps – 180 = 4p
75% of max x 12 reps – 205 = 4p+
80% of max x 10 reps – 215 = 4p+
85% of max x 8 reps – 235 = 5p+10
65% of max x max reps – 180 = 4p

The above numbers would be based on your current abilities. Let me know if your interested!

charlievanriper
11-08-10, 9:23 pm
Well boys ya lost out on a great training day!

Introvert
12-17-10, 12:16 am
Yo AZ right here! I train at Gold's Gym in peoria. Hit me up anytime! If I'm free I'm sure we could hit a session together.

charlievanriper
01-14-11, 11:09 pm
And to show what you other Az boys are missing by not playing well with old people like me!!

http://i55.tinypic.com/nwhojs.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/29awemp.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2js2ds.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2s8qrmu.jpg[/QUOTE]

C.Coronato
02-24-11, 1:01 pm
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

CavScout1980
05-27-11, 6:49 pm
Whats up guys? I am now in Flagstaff, took awhile to get the whole military to civilian transformation over with lol. I am nowhere near where I want to be right now. Lets just say 4 kids and a wife who works full time does not leave me much time for the gym. So I am now lifting out of my garage, give me about a month and I will be ready to train if you guys are going to get together.

Mindlessmaniac
09-20-11, 3:25 am
Posting here and in the other AZ thread. Looks like neither are particularly active. Any Zonies left on here? I'm in the Tempe area, but I wind up in the northwest side too. If anybody can get to ASU, we got an awesome outdoor weight room worth checking out.

charlievanriper
03-30-13, 3:18 am
lol those old photos lol anyway I decided to stop in and may start posting again. Currently training at Metroflex phx Hardcore Animl at its Best so If anyone wants to get together up here just let me know

charlievanriper
04-02-13, 12:30 am
I posted an announcement in a new thread but it has not been approved yet by the Watchmen, So Anyway Everything is set We are hanging our Banner at Metroflex Phx and I have a dozen or so commitments. By Wednesday I will have an official sign up sheet with links for the Forum so they can sign up. We Begin planning for our first Meet to coincide about the time of the Culver City show. Please if any Az Animals want to join us let me know,. This May soon be One of the largest ABC's on the West side soon

charlievanriper
04-05-13, 7:07 pm
Banner is up, New Posters up, with more ordered., METROFLEX GYM- PHX is Officially an ANIMAL GYM.

Pics will be posted tonight I am just to tired to edit them for posting. Hung Flyers and got a pile printed to leave at the gym and give out. Promoting of the ABC is in full swing. I may even have a guest or 2 at our first meet as there are some big Named Pros that live in Phx and Train here at Metroflex on and off, but I'll keep you that are following updated

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 1:11 am
Also Michael Squires has registered and now is now officially a member of the Legion so lets welcome him Please

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 1:11 am
Planning our first meet for May 4th 2013 9 am Metroflex Gym Phoenix Az lets get behind this and get some support and promotion going in the legion. There are other Animals in Arizona so Lets get them the news

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 1:14 am
First Official New Member of The Phoenix Animal Barbell Club

Originally Posted by seth_lars
finally got all signed up and approved. looking forward to the first meet! my name is Seth Larsen btw and my primary sports are strongman and highland games, but i also compete in raw powerlifting and am planning to try out an olympic lifting comp and possibly crossfit comp at some point.
Welcome Seth, Looking forward to Many future events that we can put together as a group

Posted by Charlie Van Riper
Welcome Seth, Looking forward to Many future events that we can put together as a group

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 1:15 am
My Animal banner hung above the Atlas Stone Rack while the gym awaits there new one
http://i46.tinypic.com/bg5zz5.jpg

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 1:17 am
Motivation to say the least Big Frank McGrath on our Gym Walls
http://i46.tinypic.com/dgi2v8.jpg

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 1:17 am
Yes At Metroflex We emphasis Deads and Squats Baby
http://i50.tinypic.com/347jgrc.jpg

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 1:31 am
our first meet for May 4th 2013 9 am Metroflex Gym Phoenix Az lets get behind this and get some support and promotion going in the legion. There are other Animals in Arizona so Lets get them the news

Yes Saturday May 4th 9 am at Metroflex gym- Phoenix, Arizona

Well so far I still have 14 commitments with 2 officially signed up here, I have told everyone I wanted all signups by the weekend so I can get a count to Christian but it is what it is. They will be at the meet and in the pics I just can only do what I can do to motivate them to come sign up.

Well I can only do what I can do, Me I will be sporting my Red Iconic and a cool Red fitted baseball hat that I had made with Animal across the front and MetroFlex Phx on the back in Black letters :)

seth_lars
04-11-13, 9:15 am
Seth Larsen checking in. looking forward to hitting some PRs at the meet on the 4th, which also happens to be my 26th bday!

charlievanriper
04-11-13, 2:37 pm
Seth Larsen checking in. looking forward to hitting some PRs at the meet on the 4th, which also happens to be my 26th bday!

Awesome Brother we'll hit it hard, I got a idea i'll show you Friday

charlievanriper
04-12-13, 2:49 am
http://i49.tinypic.com/2cqi5io.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2z3qk2t.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zdumvs.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/nf5tmx.jpg

the necklace is a gift from an Iron brother 2 stainless steel dog tags 1 has the chinese Sybol for strength and the other has ANIMAL etched in Black

My true Core and Heart Animal Period

AmandaLugo
04-12-13, 8:31 pm
If anyone is interested and wants to get together to train, I am creating The Westown Animal Barbell Club in North Phoenix Arizona I hope to build a local lifting Club for Friendship support and to Train like the Beasts we are. Lets get together.

Hi All!

I am moving to Tempe this summer and am looking for a gym to train at.

Amanda

charlievanriper
04-13-13, 1:04 am
Hi All!

I am moving to Tempe this summer and am looking for a gym to train at.

Amanda

Amanda there's a lot to choose from, but we hope you wiill consider the drive once a month to Metroflex in North Phx (bell rd & I-17 )

AmandaLugo
04-13-13, 10:05 am
I will for sure!

Amanda there's a lot to choose from, but we hope you wiill consider the drive once a month to Metroflex in North Phx (bell rd & I-17 )

charlievanriper
04-13-13, 1:42 pm
I will for sure!

Let me know when you get here and where you will be in Tempe and I will help you find a Home Gym out there ( :) I know em all )

charlievanriper
04-17-13, 2:22 pm
My young friend Wyatt (Freight train) Franco is just awaiting his Confirmation email but he is on board now.

Matt.Steele
04-18-13, 1:46 pm
Matt Steele checking in. Looking forward to starting my path to what it means to lift heavy.

charlievanriper
04-18-13, 5:40 pm
Matt Steele checking in. Looking forward to starting my path to what it means to lift heavy.
Welcome Matt

charlievanriper
04-20-13, 1:23 am
Welcome my Wife Crystal to the Legion, I've already ordered her a Red Iconic as she has earned the title and Right to wear that Red shirt. She is pushing herself to her limits and making Me and everyone at Metroflex Phx proud of her.

The Chapter is Growing

CrystalVan
04-21-13, 9:05 pm
Welcome my Wife Crystal to the Legion, I've already ordered her a Red Iconic as she has earned the title and Right to wear that Red shirt. She is pushing herself to her limits and making Me and everyone at Metroflex Phx proud of her.

The Chapter is Growing

Super happy to be a part of this and am excited to watch and grow with this Chapter as Charles and Josh build this into a great and exciting Club.

AustinFinley93
04-22-13, 11:39 am
Austin Finley Checking in. Looking forward to grow with everyone. I love seeing people improve their lives and would like to be apart of that. Metroflex-phx son!!!

charlievanriper
04-22-13, 6:57 pm
Austin Finley Checking in. Looking forward to grow with everyone. I love seeing people improve their lives and would like to be apart of that. Metroflex-phx son!!!

Glad your gonna be a part of this Brother

charlievanriper
04-25-13, 3:47 pm
So much to do 10 days I think away from our first meet

charlievanriper
04-28-13, 11:22 pm
Another sign up just waiting on confirmation. 7 official members with more invites accepted, The Phoenix Chapter is looking good Brothers

Brandon said He gets out West and travels alot so we may be able to host Brandon lilly at an Event soon, that would be so amazing

charlievanriper
05-04-13, 9:29 pm
Results of first inaugural Meet of the Phx Animal Barbell club

5/04/2013 ABC meet PT 1:

http://t.co/y8pw5DMwZB via @YouTube

Phx ABC 05/04/2013 PT 2
http://youtu.be/j_hIJqXla7k

http://i39.tinypic.com/2a0goef.jpg

charlievanriper
05-07-13, 12:23 am
My Friend and Fellow Animal IFBB Pro Michael J. Morris, Please check out his Athlete Page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/IFBB-Pro-Mike-Morris/129118450496126

Everyone! Mike and Metroflex Gym-Phoenix will be hosting a Posing Clinic this Saturday at 12 noon. He will be going over relaxed stance, mandatory poses, quarter turns, and free posing!This is a great opportunity for "YOU" to get hands on instruction from one of the best. Mike is an IFBB Pro Bodybuilder and has Been on the Olympia stage. If your in Town on Saturday Metroflex Gym-Phx will be the place to be "Remember 12 noon "
($15 nonmembers/$10 members).

charlievanriper
06-15-13, 1:48 am
date for the next ABC meet June 29th

@ Metroflex Phx - 28th and Bell rd

Email me if you ned directions

charlievanriper@q.com

lets get a Huge Chest day in and or any other upper body work you want.

charlievanriper
06-21-13, 1:13 am
next ABC Meet will be June 29th @ 9 am

charlievanriper@q.com

charlievanriper
06-29-13, 1:26 am
next ABC Meet will be June 29th @ 9 am

charlievanriper@q.com

charlievanriper
06-29-13, 6:28 pm
Great Great together for the Animal barbell club Phx today I rocked by myself,but I made sure the meet happened even alone

hit Metroflex for Our Animal Barbell Club meet
after warming up w/ Tricep and RC, Delt work I then alt RC work between each following set
Flat Barbell Press w/ 35 plate under front of bench
135x25, 155x15, 185x6, 205x6, 215x3, 225x6, 245 (as RP 1 rack 1 rack ect) x4, 155x(rp)2, 265x(rp)2, 275x(rp)2. 285x(rp)2. 295x1
Decline Drag Press with chains
135x30, 155x15, 185x10, 205x7
Plate lateral raises
25x12, 25x12, 25x10
25 degree Smith incline Press
45psx25, 45ps+25x15, 45ps+35psx11
High Cable Crossovers
30x25, 40x20, 50x17
Low Cable
20x25, 30x15, 40x11, 50x9
Finished with 1 arm Reverse Pressdowns
20x25, 30x17

then off to lunch 1300 cals

charlievanriper
06-30-13, 6:49 pm
just not sure if this is going to continue, now I know why Brandon gave up

charlievanriper
07-11-13, 3:25 pm
After the no shows and lack of interest in June, I have no plans for a July meet. I am considering a possible Aug meet as I just received 2 emails from some Guys at ASU that are interested and want to join up in Aug. Dont know but may have to change the name and focus as the legion has forgotten about us

Luke.
08-03-13, 10:22 am
I'm lifting at Metro-Flex gym currently. Want to lose 20lbs of fat and gain 20 of muscle. What should I focus my training on first, adding muscle or losing the fat?

charlievanriper
08-08-13, 12:58 am
Losing the bodyfat should be first goal, thru intensity style training stay in an 8 to 12 rep range and make use of Time under tension, Drop sets and Super sets to fire up the intensity levels. If you need help Luke just ask me

charlievanriper
08-08-13, 1:00 am
Meet will be last Saturday of August this may end up being an Afternoon session if everyone is okay with that

charlievanriper
08-16-13, 1:26 pm
Not that anyone will read this or cares, but I am feeling like shutting down this thread, this chapter just giving up on the whole Barbell club idea.

naturalguy
08-16-13, 2:15 pm
Not that anyone will read this or cares, but I am feeling like shutting down this thread, this chapter just giving up on the whole Barbell club idea.

Don't give up just yet we may be coming out there a few days before the Olympia on a Universal Road Trip and we'd like to set up an event at Metroflex

charlievanriper
08-17-13, 12:33 am
Don't give up just yet we may be coming out there a few days before the Olympia on a Universal Road Trip and we'd like to set up an event at Metroflex

Nice just let me know, Just been pretty frustrated trying to get this going.

flexfanatics
02-19-15, 8:04 pm
Anyone still in phoenix willing to train with a young kid?