PDA

View Full Version : H1N1...Here it comes

FewL4no1
10-22-09, 4:09 pm
So today I found out that a guy in my house officially has H1N1, and it is basically just a matter of time before I come down with it, as it is also prevalent around my school as well. I want to know if there is anything supplement-wise that could buffer my immune system, such as vitamin C. I am on the pack and antioxidants, and I drink 1gallon+ of water per day, as I am determined to let H1N1 know who's boss :P.

Any tips you guys have you be great. Thank you!

TigerAce01
10-22-09, 4:22 pm
Wash your hands, keep you hands away from your mouth and eyes unless you just washed them, carry around hand sanitizer, make sure the person in your house who has it stays in one room, or at least one part of the house, and whatever they touch...immediately sanitize and/or throw away. Never let them touch public food areas, get food and drink for them. Drink green tea, and take extra vitamin c, my favorite is Emergen C Immune System Plus...it's got 1,000mg of Vit C, and a bunch of other immune boosting goodies.

Good luck brother! haha

-Ace

Dingo
10-22-09, 4:29 pm
move in with someone else for a while. you may want to add a glass or two of emergen-c to your daily supplementation.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IXPT5A

FewL4no1
10-22-09, 5:27 pm
Thanks for the input guys.

Thankfully the housemate was quarantined by the school, so at least he won't be around to get me sick.

I'll make sure to get the emergen-c ASAP.

Thanks again Ace and Dingo.

Dingo
10-22-09, 5:28 pm
Thats what this forum has been designed for. Thank Universal, lol

Btw, the emergen-c, it doesnt taste too good. I normally mix it in with gatorade or 100% grape juice from welches. worse comes to worse, chug a lug just like medicine, lol

belladiabla13
10-22-09, 5:44 pm
I am have been down with it for 2 weeks now. Started feeling better and all my kids have it!!! Haven't been to the gym in 21 days. I am so drained. My best advice is sleep and lots of advil. The advil cold meds helped me the most. Good luck!

Big C
10-22-09, 5:47 pm
My cousin is a doctor and recently sent me this statement in an e-mail.

"Nobody should fear swine flu, unless you have a chronic illness or other complicating health factors that I'm unaware of. If you are around young children or know of any pregnant women advise them to get the vaccination, since those are two of the highest priority for the vaccine. If you can not afford to miss time with illness, then by all means get the vaccination but for most people you'll just feel like crap for a few days.

For those who may have contracted swine flu or wonder what the signs are, you will get a sudden onset of high fever, feel very weak and may have some stomach disturbance (which is rare for normal flu), etc. Best treatment is to stay home and ride it out, drinking plenty of fluids (not beer) and eating chicken soup. If you do want professional help, the current medication will only be effective if it is administered within a day or 2 of the onset of disease and will only cut your recovery time by one or two days. If you are recovering from the swine flu, it is contagious until 1 day after your fever subsides."

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-09, 6:03 pm
Awesome feedback so far and they also seem to give a lot of credit to actually getting a lot of rest (full 8 hours of solid sleep per night) to combat getting it.

Dingo
10-22-09, 6:12 pm

"Nobody should fear swine flu, unless you have a chronic illness or other complicating health factors that I'm unaware of. If you are around young children or know of any pregnant women advise them to get the vaccination, since those are two of the highest priority for the vaccine. If you can not afford to miss time with illness, then by all means get the vaccination but for most people you'll just feel like crap for a few days.

For those who may have contracted swine flu or wonder what the signs are, you will get a sudden onset of high fever, feel very weak and may have some stomach disturbance (which is rare for normal flu), etc. Best treatment is to stay home and ride it out, drinking plenty of fluids (not beer) and eating chicken soup. If you do want professional help, the current medication will only be effective if it is administered within a day or 2 of the onset of disease and will only cut your recovery time by one or two days. If you are recovering from the swine flu, it is contagious until 1 day after your fever subsides."

The news has been helping to stress this locally, everytime they report a death from the swine flu they preface it with the fact the person has other illness issues.

Reacher34
10-22-09, 6:13 pm
A few weeks back I was tested for and diagnosed with swine flu. The docs gave me a 5-day course of Tamiflu. It knocked that fucker right out. Tamiflu is an antibiotic and antiviral, aka heavy artillery. Be sure to go see the doc and begin treatment within 48 hours, as after that, the medicine's efficacy drops dramatically.

Like already mentioned, wash your hands a lot and keep em away from your face. Keep your diet on point and keep taking your Pak and you'll be ahead of the game.

PS. I like the taste of Emercen-C.

Fury317
10-22-09, 6:16 pm
Awesome feedback so far and they also seem to give a lot of credit to actually getting a lot of rest (full 8 hours of solid sleep per night) to combat getting it.

Its actually vital for proper immune function to make sure you get a full 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Glad you brought this up Juggs, often overlooked by the masses.

Stay healthy everyone!

Dr.Platypus
10-22-09, 6:18 pm
I had it a week ago, I just made sure to drink a few gallons of water a day and to EAT regardless of how my stomach felt, after I ate I always felt better and it only kept me out of teh gym for a few days.

Naturally Huge
10-22-09, 6:23 pm
Don't get the shot--it contains thimerosal (mercury) and possibly squalene. I've researched this a lot over the past couple of months and have determined that increasing your intake of vitamin D3 (up to 5,000 IU's per day) is the best way to build your immunity to the flu. I've known many people who get sick shortly after getting the toxic vaccination. Just beef up your immune system and you'll be fine.

FewL4no1
10-22-09, 8:09 pm
All excellent advice guys, especially from Juggernaut on sleep. Gotta remember the important things.

Naturally Huge, is there a capsule form of Vitamin D3 that I could get at my local pharmacy? I haven't seen any symptoms yet, and I want to stay ahead of the game.

Keep the great info coming guys!

Naturally Huge
10-22-09, 9:03 pm
All excellent advice guys, especially from Juggernaut on sleep. Gotta remember the important things.

Naturally Huge, is there a capsule form of Vitamin D3 that I could get at my local pharmacy? I haven't seen any symptoms yet, and I want to stay ahead of the game.

Keep the great info coming guys!

I order my D3 from bodybuilding.com. You can get it in various doses. I also give it to my kids up to 2,000 IU's per day. D3 is actually a prohormone and since I've been taking more of it, my strength and appetite has increased noticeably. Give it a try.

rev8ball
10-22-09, 9:05 pm
I swear by Zinc. In addition to all of those mentioned above (constantly washing your hands, Vit C, etc.) it really seems to help me. As soon as I start to feel that tickle/burning sensation in my nose/throat, or if I've been around people who are hacking up a lung, I start popping Zinc drops. It supposedly works by blocking a virus from bonding to your body. It is also a great antioxidant. Taking a Zinc drop along with Vit C and some teas, may decrease its effectiveness, though, so be careful. Plus, if you do get sick, it doesn't seem as intense or last as long, and the zinc drops feel good on a sore throat.

Hey, who knows if it really works; maybe it's just a placebo effect. But it is a cheap $6 insurance during this time of year!

Best of luck......

BigChrisF
10-22-09, 9:20 pm
Don't get the shot--it contains thimerosal (mercury) and possibly squalene. I've researched this a lot over the past couple of months and have determined that increasing your intake of vitamin D3 (up to 5,000 IU's per day) is the best way to build your immunity to the flu. I've known many people who get sick shortly after getting the toxic vaccination. Just beef up your immune system and you'll be fine.

Stop it. Thimerosal is not mercury. It is sodium ethylmercurithiosalicylate. It has a mercury molecule in it, but it doesn't make it toxic like metallic mercury.

And what concern do you have about liver oil derived from cartilaginous fish?

ronnie
10-22-09, 9:45 pm
L-glutamine also helps strengthen the imune system as far as i remember.

as for the shot, its not needed at all. h1n1 is not nearly as dangerous as the media would like us to think. it is highly contagious and that is it. you would be better off to have h1n1 than the "flu"/influenza which kills between 250,000 to 500,000 people worldwide each year. h1n1 has now killed just over 1,000 people world wide... your more likely to choke to death on a crayon than die of "swine" flu.

sorry for ranting...

guess all i needed to say was: rest, water, orange juice(vitamin C), L-glutamine, wash hands, lift weights.

JasonG
10-22-09, 10:49 pm
Wife was told to drink tamiflu. Med professionals are taking that but they don't want it widespread or it will mutate and tamiflu won't work anymore they said. Guess that's one plus for being in the Middle East again over the winter lol.

Dr.Platypus
10-22-09, 11:27 pm
Stop it. Thimerosal is not mercury. It is sodium ethylmercurithiosalicylate. It has a mercury molecule in it, but it doesn't make it toxic like metallic mercury.

amen brother!

squattingtillipuke
10-23-09, 7:57 am

Big C - Good info here bro...my wife is a RN at a hospital and they said that unless your an idiot and don't take care of yourself you should be able to get this and your body should be able to fight it off as it would any other strain of the flu. Most people that aren't taking care of themselves are actually dying from things like pnemonia etc because they don't allow their body proper time to rest and recover.

mritter3
10-23-09, 8:23 am
Washing your hands and disinfecting household items is a good start, vit c and the immune pak are fine.....wear a mask if you got one..

adidas
10-23-09, 9:27 am
I live by one simple rule:

"An active immune system is a healthy immune system."

fuck washing hands unless you just wiped your ass or are workign with food...hand sinantizer is bull shit...how can one's body readily fight off shit if it is never exposed to anything...

GJN5002
10-23-09, 10:34 am

whether or not its truy mercury doesnt really matter. Look into how much testing went into the h1n1 vaccine, not a whole lot. The manufacturers have a get out of jail free card incase of bad sides. Why would any healthy athlete worry so much about the flu? I think a few days of laying around sleeping beats injecting myself with something no one is 100% the effects of.

IRBS
10-23-09, 11:34 am
Got the H1N1 vaccine 2 days ago at our Pediatrician's office. Nasal Mist.

Some of you guys crack me up...your "fear mongering" about the vaccine is just as bad as the media making a huge deal out of the virus...

We will be getting the seasonal flu vaccine in a month at our next trip to the Pediatrician.

Please note: I have never had a flu vaccine in my life until now. I have had the flu one time. I am not a big proponent of the vaccine (H1N1 or seasonal), as my track record of not getting the flu has been good, but the manner in which some of you guys form your arguments is based on hearsay and, in some cases, wrong information.

If you are a high risk person (old, a history of problems, or around small children) get it. If youre perfectly healthy, make up your own mind. But dont quote wives tales, rumors and internet message board "medicine" as to why youre not getting a shot...

ronnie
10-23-09, 11:38 am
whether or not its truy mercury doesnt really matter. Look into how much testing went into the h1n1 vaccine, not a whole lot. The manufacturers have a get out of jail free card incase of bad sides. Why would any healthy athlete worry so much about the flu? I think a few days of laying around sleeping beats injecting myself with something no one is 100% the effects of.

off topic, but as for the lack of testing that went into the vaccine you hit the nail on the head. in 1976 swine flu was suspected to sweep america, vaccine was pushed hard and not tested, much like the one we are seeing now (hint, hint). at the end of it all 1 person died from "swine" flu, the other 25 who died were killed by the vaccination. 25 people.

Mr. Dead
10-23-09, 11:40 am
I'm currently recovering from H1N1... My wife, so far, has been lucky enough to not get it... I live downstairs, she lives upstairs, while I heal up... She has disinfected the entire house, and only talks to me, via telephone... *LOL* As far as the Tamaflu goes, it depends on how far along you are with your symptoms, as to whether or not the Dr. will prescribe it... And, as far as the testing for it goes, there is a 25-75% chance of getting a false negative... The longer you've had your symptoms the greater the chance for a false negative...

Dr.Platypus
10-23-09, 12:40 pm
Got the H1N1 vaccine 2 days ago at our Pediatrician's office. Nasal Mist.

Some of you guys crack me up...your "fear mongering" about the vaccine is just as bad as the media making a huge deal out of the virus...

We will be getting the seasonal flu vaccine in a month at our next trip to the Pediatrician.

Please note: I have never had a flu vaccine in my life until now. I have had the flu one time. I am not a big proponent of the vaccine (H1N1 or seasonal), as my track record of not getting the flu has been good, but the manner in which some of you guys form your arguments is based on hearsay and, in some cases, wrong information.

If you are a high risk person (old, a history of problems, or around small children) get it. If youre perfectly healthy, make up your own mind. But dont quote wives tales, rumors and internet message board "medicine" as to why youre not getting a shot...

thank you for being sane and reasonable

GJN5002
10-23-09, 12:59 pm
[QUOTE=IRBS;829821]

but the manner in which some of you guys form your arguments is based on hearsay and, in some cases, wrong information.

QUOTE]

The safety and efficacacy of the vaccine is based on hearsay and incomplete information. Look into the research, there was a poll when it first came out asking pysicians if they would get it and something like 80% said they wouldnt due to lack of testing.

If you want to talk about fear mongering, then look to the media who tries to make this seem like the second coming of the bubonic plague.

If taking advice and information strictly because they are an "authority" or government run agency is being sane and reasonable, then I guess Im crazy.

IRBS
10-23-09, 1:22 pm
The safety and efficacacy of the vaccine is based on hearsay and incomplete information. Look into the research, there was a poll when it first came out asking pysicians if they would get it and something like 80% said they wouldnt due to lack of testing.

If you want to talk about fear mongering, then look to the media who tries to make this seem like the second coming of the bubonic plague.

If taking advice and information strictly because they are an "authority" or government run agency is being sane and reasonable, then I guess Im crazy.

I think I did say that the media was blowing it out of proportion.........Who said anything about taking advice from an authority like the government was a must? Maybe I am misreading your post, or maybe you misread mine...

There are side effects to nearly everything. Like I said, if you read it, if you are a healthy adult then make a decision for yourself on whether or not to take it. I have a 1 month old at home...I would rather kill myself with something that might work than do nothing, get the virus and bring it home only to pass it onto her.

Bottom line, people on the "dont take the vaccine, it will kill you" side of the debate are just as bad as the media telling us that we're all gonna die tommorrow from Swine Flu.

Give me a freaking break. It amuses me that so many guys, especially those who take supplements by the droves, get all bent out of shape over this stuff. How many million people are in the US? How many people will die from the vaccine? I would say less than 1%...if that much. Probably less than .5%. I would also argue that the percentage of people in the US who will die from H1N1 is about the same as the number of people who will die from the seasonal flu.

If I wasnt in a high risk situation with a baby at home, I probably wouldnt have gotten the vaccine either. But I sure as hell am not going to run around on the internet claiming that it will kill people. Unless you work in a lab that creates the vaccine, what you are spreading is rumor and hearsay. Do I trust the FDA, hell no. But am I willing to protect my family no matter the consequences for myself, hell yes.

My docs all recommended it. I have 4 of them. I trust them. They sure as hell put more effort into medicine than some annonymous poster on an internet message board....

GJN5002
10-23-09, 1:35 pm
Give me a freaking break. It amuses me that so many guys, especially those who take supplements by the droves, get all bent out of shape over this stuff. How many million people are in the US? How many people will die from the vaccine? I would say less than 1%...if that much. Probably less than .5%. I would also argue that the percentage of people in the US who will die from H1N1 is about the same as the number of people who will die from the seasonal flu.

Unless you work in a lab that creates the vaccine, what you are spreading is rumor and hearsay. Do I trust the FDA, hell no. But am I willing to protect my family no matter the consequences for myself, hell yes.

My docs all recommended it. I have 4 of them. I trust them. They sure as hell put more effort into medicine than some annonymous poster on an internet message board....

Even if less than 1% die from the vaccine those are people who dont need to die. To assume only the people who created the vaccine understand what the consequences are is not only short sighted but dangerous. I understand you arent going to take an annoymous person advice, you would be a fool to do so. You dont trust the FDA but you are going to trust them to protect you family?

Look, I dont want to make this a personaly thing, you are trying to do whats right for your family and I repsect that, just dont go lumping everyone who thinks the the vaccine is dangerous into an moronic conspiracy theory group.

I agree with you on the point that many people who will swallow any pill in the name of more muscles complaining cluelessly about it though.

IRBS
10-23-09, 1:39 pm
I agree with you on the point that many people who will swallow any pill in the name of more muscles complaining cluelessly about it though.

LOL I think we definitely have common ground there!

BigChrisF
10-23-09, 3:32 pm

Far, Far less. There are about 300,000,000 people in this country. 1% would be 3,000,000 people and would unheard of if a influenza strain killed that many. We're talking closer to 0.01% of the population may die from all influenzae stains.

As for testing, there is no good excuse for skipping steps. For those that are fearful of it, it is pretty much the same ingredients from last year with the dead virus from this year.

franklinX
10-23-09, 4:23 pm
drink warm tea or coffee to clean out your throat... also garggle (sp?) water when brushing your teeth...

GJN5002
10-23-09, 4:39 pm
As for testing, there is no good excuse for skipping steps. For those that are fearful of it, it is pretty much the same ingredients from last year with the dead virus from this year.

wouldnt it be the presumed dead virus from this year? isnt it true that they are wrong on the strain half of the time?

ronnie
10-23-09, 4:43 pm
I think I did say that the media was blowing it out of proportion.........Who said anything about taking advice from an authority like the government was a must? Maybe I am misreading your post, or maybe you misread mine...

There are side effects to nearly everything. Like I said, if you read it, if you are a healthy adult then make a decision for yourself on whether or not to take it. I have a 1 month old at home...I would rather kill myself with something that might work than do nothing, get the virus and bring it home only to pass it onto her.

Bottom line, people on the "dont take the vaccine, it will kill you" side of the debate are just as bad as the media telling us that we're all gonna die tommorrow from Swine Flu.

If I wasnt in a high risk situation with a baby at home, I probably wouldnt have gotten the vaccine either. But I sure as hell am not going to run around on the internet claiming that it will kill people. Unless you work in a lab that creates the vaccine, what you are spreading is rumor and hearsay. Do I trust the FDA, hell no. But am I willing to protect my family no matter the consequences for myself, hell yes.

getting the vaccine with a baby at home is the right thing IRBS, however there are facts that need to be taken into consideration regarding the vaccine, see my first 2 posts. hearing a load of crap come from someone who takes all kinds of supplements without any regard for what they are actually doin is one thing, you are right wbout that.

as for the shot, its not needed at all. h1n1 is not nearly as dangerous as the media would like us to think. it is highly contagious and that is it. you would be better off to have h1n1 than the "flu"/influenza which kills between 250,000 to 500,000 people worldwide each year. h1n1 has now killed just over 1,000 people world wide... your more likely to choke to death on a crayon than die of "swine" flu.

sorry for ranting...

off topic, but as for the lack of testing that went into the vaccine you hit the nail on the head. in 1976 swine flu was suspected to sweep america, vaccine was pushed hard and not tested, much like the one we are seeing now (hint, hint). at the end of it all 1 person died from "swine" flu, the other 25 who died were killed by the vaccination. 25 to 1, vaccine in 1976 was 25x more dangerous than h1n1.

lets hope that this time the vaccine was not rushed so much, as many more people are currently infected than in 1976. we all have a reason to be cautious of it considering the fact that this lame flu is one of the least deadly sicknesses around. im sure your doctors did put more into medicine, and im sure that medicine puts a little in your doctors pockets as well.

again, not a bad idea at all to get the vaccine since you have an infant at home, you need to protect her. but there is something to consider about what everyone is saying regardless. its not ALL lies.

peace.

BigChrisF
10-23-09, 8:01 pm
wouldnt it be the presumed dead virus from this year? isnt it true that they are wrong on the strain half of the time?

There is no presumption to it. The virus is very much dead/deactivated when it is put into the vaccine.

Every year there are several strains of the virus that are going to be prevalent during the flu season. Virologists try to make an educated guess as to which strain is going to be the most problematic and will start production based on that assumption. Sometimes they do guess wrong and last year was an example of this. There are not enough resources available in influenza vaccine production for them to make vaccines for more than one strain, so it is a bit of a gamble. When people get the vaccine and then get sick, in reality they have just caught another strain and it is not the vaccine that made them sick.

GJN5002
10-26-09, 4:05 pm
There is no presumption to it. The virus is very much dead/deactivated when it is put into the vaccine.

Every year there are several strains of the virus that are going to be prevalent during the flu season. Virologists try to make an educated guess as to which strain is going to be the most problematic and will start production based on that assumption. Sometimes they do guess wrong and last year was an example of this. There are not enough resources available in influenza vaccine production for them to make vaccines for more than one strain, so it is a bit of a gamble. When people get the vaccine and then get sick, in reality they have just caught another strain and it is not the vaccine that made them sick.

I meant the second part about guessing. I just dont get it I guess, take something that may or may not prevent the flu and may or may not have adverse effects. It seems to me your better off chancning it but thats just my .02

Pizzalamp
10-26-09, 8:32 pm
start rinsing your mouth w listerine 3x a day
there is a chemical in the listerine that the swine flu cannot live in

dominate77
10-26-09, 8:54 pm
I live by one simple rule:

"An active immune system is a healthy immune system."

fuck washing hands unless you just wiped your ass or are workign with food...hand sinantizer is bull shit...how can one's body readily fight off shit if it is never exposed to anything...

agreed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnmMNdiCz_s pretty funny and kind of goes with what your saying

Beowulf
10-27-09, 3:36 pm
I meant the second part about guessing. I just dont get it I guess, take something that may or may not prevent the flu and may or may not have adverse effects. It seems to me your better off chancning it but thats just my .02

As I understand it, they're not guessing. They're using the specific swine flu and then making the vaccine, jst as they would make any other flu vaccine any other year. So they're using the same methods, but on a specific flu variant because they know which one they want (H1N1). At least, this is what they're saying. So there would be no guesswork as with a typical flu vaccine.

GJN5002
10-27-09, 3:51 pm
As I understand it, they're not guessing. They're using the specific swine flu and then making the vaccine, jst as they would make any other flu vaccine any other year. So they're using the same methods, but on a specific flu variant because they know which one they want (H1N1). At least, this is what they're saying. So there would be no guesswork as with a typical flu vaccine.

I meant in regard to the regular flu vaccine, haha. sorry for the confusion. The seasonal flu vaccine is an 'educated guess' to the best of my understanding.

Beowulf
10-27-09, 4:56 pm
I meant in regard to the regular flu vaccine, haha. sorry for the confusion. The seasonal flu vaccine is an 'educated guess' to the best of my understanding.

That's right. The seasonal flu vaccine is a calculated guess.

Bootleg
10-28-09, 11:45 am
great info guys, really insightful

trady1990
10-29-09, 1:18 am
Hey bro, I was reading up on H1N1 and Vit C doesn't have much impact, they're saying D-3 is better for combating it. D-3 is in pill form at gnc but if you're looking for a natural way uncooked cod contains it.

Beowulf
10-29-09, 2:32 pm
Not to burst anyone's bubble but I don't think taking extra vitamins is going to help prevent getting H1N1.

GJN5002
10-29-09, 11:19 pm
Not to burst anyone's bubble but I don't think taking extra vitamins is going to help prevent getting H1N1.

not necesarrily, but a strong immune system can limit your chances of getting it so in a sense extra vitamins can have a collective effect of your health.

Beowulf
10-30-09, 9:26 am
not necesarrily, but a strong immune system can limit your chances of getting it so in a sense extra vitamins can have a collective effect of your health.

Limit your chances? I think you're delusional but knock yourself out. Doesn't hurt to try I guess.

GJN5002
10-30-09, 9:45 am
Limit your chances? I think you're delusional but knock yourself out. Doesn't hurt to try I guess.

haha delusional? go look up some studies on vitamin d supplementation and the immune system.

"The fact that this vitamin-D mediated immune response has been retained through millions of years of evolutionary selection, and is still found in species ranging from squirrel monkeys to baboons and humans, suggests that it must be critical to their survival, researchers say.

"The existence and importance of this part of our immune response makes it clear that humans and other primates need to maintain sufficient levels of vitamin D," said Adrian Gombart, an associate professor of biochemistry and a principal investigator with the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University."

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-08/osu-kfo081809.php

Beowulf
10-30-09, 11:31 am
haha delusional? go look up some studies on vitamin d supplementation and the immune system.

"The fact that this vitamin-D mediated immune response has been retained through millions of years of evolutionary selection, and is still found in species ranging from squirrel monkeys to baboons and humans, suggests that it must be critical to their survival, researchers say.

"The existence and importance of this part of our immune response makes it clear that humans and other primates need to maintain sufficient levels of vitamin D," said Adrian Gombart, an associate professor of biochemistry and a principal investigator with the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University."

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2009-08/osu-kfo081809.php

Course I'm not suggesting vitamins/antioxidant can't boost the immune system. They can. But I really doubt taking vitamin D (or any vitamin) will prevent you from getting H1N1 if someone who has it sneezes in your face. Your kinda thinking can give people a false sense of security, which can be dangerous. But like I said, knock yourself out if it makes you feel better as an individual.

williams_888
10-31-09, 6:31 pm
I wouldn't recommend the shot, but I think there is 3 things we should all take to prevent it.

1. Probiotic

2. Polysaccharide of some kind.

3. Oregano Oil

and train hard, peace