PDA

View Full Version : Help with diet and more

prosslaggerz
10-24-09, 11:29 am
hello Fellas..i want to ask ya all about meals..

Im having greats meals no dought with that 7 - 8 meals a day but im already as big as i want to be for this year now im having a big belly -.- ..i wanna keep this size of my muscles but im having problems with my abs since i started the gain diet with protein shakes and everything, i do a lot of abs rep but nothing...can you guys tell me how can i keep the size of muscle..and make lower the body fat of my body to get back my abs?

Dr.Platypus
10-25-09, 9:29 pm
you can't. period.

to see your abs you have to loose fat, probably a significant amount, which means you are gonna loose muscle. do it right and do it real slow and you shouldn't loose much muscle.

C.Coronato
10-26-09, 10:58 am
hello Fellas..i want to ask ya all about meals..

Im having greats meals no dought with that 7 - 8 meals a day but im already as big as i want to be for this year now im having a big belly -.- ..i wanna keep this size of my muscles but im having problems with my abs since i started the gain diet with protein shakes and everything, i do a lot of abs rep but nothing...can you guys tell me how can i keep the size of muscle..and make lower the body fat of my body to get back my abs?

Whats your diet like now? Also weight, height, age ect.

prosslaggerz
10-26-09, 11:35 am
My diet is

meal 1::5 6 eggs and outmeal,,
meal 2::Cornflakes and Milk
Meal 3::Rice, Beans and beef.
Meal 4::Protein Shake
Meal 5::3 Eggs whites and avocato
Meal 6:: Wheat bread or hole outmeal,

Im 18. 6,1

adidas
10-26-09, 12:30 pm
you can't. period.

to see your abs you have to loose fat, probably a significant amount, which means you are gonna loose muscle. do it right and do it real slow and you shouldn't loose much muscle.

BS

I have lost over 30lbs this year and maintained or improved my LBM...dropping from 220+lbs and 20+% bf down to around 195lbs and roughly 12-13% bf...

220lbs @ 22% bf =171.6LBM

195lbs @ 12%bf =171.6LBM

now is 100% percise measurement I took...doubtful but as you can see I shredded ~25lbs and managed to maintain my LBM...

so yes one can lose fat with out losing muscle...

and I am still losing weight...final goal %'age would be 10% @ what ever wt I can achieve it at...and then start to gain wt whislt maintaining my BF %'age of ~10%.

Aggression
10-26-09, 12:35 pm
My diet is

meal 1::5 6 eggs and outmeal,,
meal 2::Cornflakes and Milk
Meal 3::Rice, Beans and beef.
Meal 4::Protein Shake
Meal 5::3 Eggs whites and avocato
Meal 6:: Wheat bread or hole outmeal,

Im 18. 6,1

Its extremely tough, almost impossible to keep/gain muscle while dropping bodyfat. I can make some diet suggestions that could help clean up some of the diet. Drop the corn flakes and milk. Have a protein/carb meal instead (chicken/potato). As for meal 6, once again, add in some protein (chicken, fish, turkey), and drop the bread. Chicken and oats would be OK. Another idea could be Turkey and a sweet potato. This should make some changes in your physique. Also, maybe start doing a bit of cardio (20-25min) postWO

Dr.Platypus
10-26-09, 12:38 pm
ok, you're right: never say never

what i was trying to get across is that you can't make your abs show by doing crunches, you can't just make bodyfat disappear without dieting. and adidas, you have to admit that those results are not typical.

Aggression
10-26-09, 12:42 pm
never say never

that you can't make your abs show by doing crunches, you can't just make bodyfat disappear without dieting.

Spot on.

adidas
10-26-09, 12:43 pm
ok, you're right: never say never

what i was trying to get across is that you can't make your abs show by doing crunches, you can't just make bodyfat disappear without dieting. and adidas, you have to admit that those results are not typical.

yes true diet and hard work is what it takes to achieve abs..and even at 12-13% I can barely see the visability of mine...

however I don't see what isn't typical about my fat loss? I haven't dieted perfect by no means...but I did do my best to stay consistant with the diet approach I took.

mostly keto with cheat meals thrown in and a few cleansing weeks thrown in there...maybe I should post it all up in a differnt thread...lol

But I maintain the course of lossing/gaining wt is possible with out sacrificing muscle or gaining unneeded fat in both endeavors...