PDA

View Full Version : Finding yourself

LeeMc
10-25-09, 3:24 pm
I was just browsing over the internet and came across a video with Nelly the rapper/hip hop artist in. He talks about finding himself and the defining moment in his life.

I am wondering whether you guys have found a defining moment in your lives; a story, a moment, a person who helped you to find yourself or the right direction in life?

As the forum as a whole seems quite a deep thinking community; it seems appropiate to ask such a question..

If any of you guys are interested in the video... it is around 2mins 24secs long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcb-mf5siQE

jeff00z28
10-25-09, 3:31 pm
im usually pretty lost tbh

IronWilson
10-25-09, 10:41 pm
I think that there is not a single defining moment in our lives, but we are continuously finding ourselves. The influences of people and experiences we encounter mold and shape us into the people we are.

Crash
10-26-09, 2:33 pm
I think that there is not a single defining moment in our lives, but we are continuously finding ourselves. The influences of people and experiences we encounter mold and shape us into the people we are.

...I disagree...There is the old saying about the three types of people: Those that watch it happen, those that wonder what happened, and those who make it happen...I'd like to take it a step further and take a page from my own book saying that "Proaction begats Reaction"...

...I feel as though, it is when we stop waiting for shit to happen (reactive) and take an active part in determining our future (proactive)...That we experience a "Defining Moment"...All this talk about the Odds and The Gods is bullshit...Absolutely ANYTHING is possible if you are willing to pay the Price...Blood, Sweat, Tears, Pain; its all a drop in the Bucket compared to the Emotional Satisfaction of taking the World by the Balls and Blazing your Path through Life on your own Terms...

...Strength and Honor...