PDA

View Full Version : Cuts and Stak together

cmbom
10-25-09, 11:03 pm
hey guys. i am new here but have heard nothing but awesome things about the universal products. I hope this is posted in the correct section - if not, feel free to move it to the appropriate forum!

i am currently about 5'11" 220. I started back working out in June after a LONG absense. I have really gotten into it this time and am really motivated.

Anyway, I am looking to reduce some more BF as I seem to have hit a plateau in this area. This is primarily what I am looking to do right now, but I dont want to lose any muscle in the process either. I would guess to say I am in a "toning" phase since I am not really bulking, but not strictly just cutting either. I am pretty much still in the newbie phase of being able to gain some muscle while losing some BF. It has slowed down quite a bit though.

Anyway, I just picked up some Cuts and Stak. I got some answers from a Universal rep that said taking both of these together for the 3 week cycle would be good as to assist with the BF loss and not lose any muscle in the process. He also told me when to take the Cuts and when to take the Stak.

My question is this - do I take Stak even on my off day?
My current workout is this:

Sunday off
Monday weights then 20 min cardio
Tuesday 1 hour cardio
Wednesday weights then 20 min cardio
Thursday 1 hour cardio
Friday weights then 20 min cardio
Saturday 1 hour cardio

So should I take the Cuts and the Stak on Sunday too since that is my off day?
My diet is good and I know no other way but to work hard in the gym so all of that part is good. I also take a multivitamin and an omega supp (not universal but will be when these are done)

another question - should I take all my multivitamins and omeagas in the morning with the Cuts or spread those out over the day?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Little Z
10-25-09, 11:30 pm
My diet is good

too basic.. give us some more info on your diet.. run down of a basic day.. helps us out..

cmbom
10-26-09, 12:25 am
breakfast: 3-5 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal -or- cereal and some fruit

snack: Granola or nutrigrain bar with some tuna or turkey

lunch: turkey sandwich on wheat -or- 1 cup of brown rice with chicken breast

snack: 1 cup of brown rice -or- 4oz lean beef

dinner: 2 chicken breasts with tuna or vegetable -or- 2 lean pork chops with tuna or vegetable

All i drink is water...all day and with every meal

I mix it up so I dont eat the same thing every meal and/or everyday.

I take 2 multivitamin pills and 1 omega supp pill with breakfast, 1 omega with lunch, and 1 omega with dinner.

I take protein in the mornings, after workout, and again before bed - about 48g each time (3x a day = 144g/day of protein)

Considering what I am trying to do (trim BF primarily), if I need to change this I will! I am totally open to suggestions!

Thanks!!

Aggression
10-26-09, 8:43 am
So should I take the Cuts and the Stak on Sunday too since that is my off day?
My diet is good

another question - should I take all my multivitamins and omeagas in the morning with the Cuts or spread those out over the day?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Yes, take both Stak/Cuts EVERY DAY.

I usually take my Animal Pak with meal 1, Omega with meal 2, and then I'd take Stak around the same time you'd normally take it on training days.

Aggression
10-26-09, 8:47 am
breakfast: 3-5 eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal -or- cereal and some fruit - oatmeal is best here, but cereal would be an 'ok' substitute

snack: Granola or nutrigrain bar with some tuna or turkey instead of granola/nutrigrain bar, try something better: wheat bread, oats, potato, rice.

lunch: turkey sandwich on wheat -or- 1 cup of brown rice with chicken breast

snack: 1 cup of brown rice -or- 4oz lean beef have both rice AND beef, not one or the other

dinner: 2 chicken breasts with tuna or vegetable -or- 2 lean pork chops with tuna or vegetable

I've made suggestions in bold within your post ^. If you want to drop BF, take heed with all those suggestions. Cleaning up your diet using cleaner foods will produce some legit results right off the bat. Granola/Nutrigrain bars are filled with crap in the 'other ingredients', so opt for something better. Always have protein AND carbs for a meal. Never had a 'carb only' meal.

cmbom
10-26-09, 11:05 am
will do! thanks guys! i started both Cuts and Stak today - took first Cuts this morning, so we'll see where this takes me.

I drink a pretty good amount of water a day, not sure exactly how much though, is there a certain amount of water i should shoot for a day? gallon or so? less than a gallon? more?

Appreciate the responses!

Aggression
10-26-09, 11:09 am
I would suggest around a gallon. If you fall short a bit, or end up drinking more, so be it. But try to aim for at least a gallon per day.

cmbom
10-26-09, 12:14 pm
good deal, i can do that!

so just so i am straight: 1 pack of cuts first thing in the morning (usually around 6:30), breakfast 20-30 min later

second pack of cuts around 4 hours later (usully around 10:30)

1 pack of stak before workout (usually around 2:00)

is this correct? or should i wait to take the second cuts before workout with the stak (and take out a stim pill)?

Aggression
10-26-09, 12:29 pm
is this correct? or should i wait to take the second cuts before workout with the stak (and take out a stim pill)?

You can do it either way. You can take the whole pack of Cuts (with stim pill) along with Stak preWO, as Stak doesn't have any stimulants in it.

cmbom
10-26-09, 12:44 pm
i think i may wait and take the second cuts with the stak about 30 min before my workout....just to see! it just seems that the cuts would be more effective if i took it before working out - maybe it's just a head thing of mine!

thanks for the help! i appreciate it...

Lightnin'
10-26-09, 2:56 pm
I would bump up your protein intake to preserve your muscle mass. If you weight 210-220 I would eat about a gram per pound of bodyweight spread our evenly through the day. 220/5 meals per day = 44grams per meal. Or, something along those lines...

cmbom
10-26-09, 4:56 pm
thanks for the response -- i am assuming that includes the amount i get from my protein supp? i get about 48g/3x (144g) a day just through my protein supp. I can up that if needed, or i can simply try to get the rest (appx 76g) through foods.....

Also, i thought about this while working out today ---

what if i took the supps like this --

one pack of cuts when i wake up, breakfast 20-30 min later with mutivitamins and 48g protein

omega supp a little later (with mid morning snack)

stak 30 min before workout

second pack of cuts about 30 min or so into workout (appx 30 min before cardio)

48g protein after workout and another 48g protein before bed

would that work?

or should i take the cuts and stak together 30 min before workout?

i need to lose some BF - i am not looking for miracles, i know it takes hard work with it, i just want to do what i can to maximize results (ie timing of supps)

KiNG BLiTe
10-27-09, 12:25 pm
Cuts and Stak is a good combo. I started with Stak and then on my third cycle of Stak, which is my current cycle, I started Cuts. I'm 5'11" and went from 286 lbs. to 279 lbs. in the first week, I just started second week. Anything to help loose some mid-section flab with my cardio/weight training. I have a personal goal of getting down to 260 lbs. by early, mid December for a trip to Mexico I am taking to visit some in-laws. I personally think Cuts works great for what I'm trying to do. Stak is great, but that goes without saying. I started to actually make a serious attempt of dieting too, so with the result I see with the help of Stak and Cuts, it's encouraging to stick to the diet. I've seen the most increase in size on my shoulders.

My diet is pretty much as follows:
1st meal GNC AMP 30g protein shake
snack granola with banana chips and almonds
2nd meal ny strip/beef or chicken with either brown rice or potato, majority of the time it's a sweet potato
snack is more of the same granola mix
3rd meal(post workout) ny strip/beef or chicken with french cut green beans with no added sodium

Notes:
I don't add salt to anything unless its ground buffalo or grilled beef. And it's a small amount of sea salt. Not using salt is just a preference thing for me really. 2nd meal of the day on weekends changes to either some form of whole wheat pasta or some other home made dish. I make most purchase based on a budget, so I eat the best I can on a budget... As I'm sure most do...

Anyhow, here's to animal... I'm going to be reppin' Animal in Mexico when I go, cause I workout at home in my garage, and I'm having my cousins take me to the gym so I'll take pics..."VIVA CUTS y STAK"