PDA

View Full Version : Milk and glutamine before cardio

J 2the att
10-25-09, 11:56 pm
Sup fellas, i stopped doing cardio for a while and noticed myself getting winded in the gym and puttin on some unwanted fat during the mass gain process. So i thought im gona incorporate cardio back into my workout. I was thinkin doin three sessions a week in the morning but my question is should i drink a 16oz glass of milk and take glutamine before i go first thing in the morning or would that just defeat the purpose of running first thing in the morning? Thanx

BryanSmash!
10-26-09, 1:35 am
Taking the glutamine is fine, but if you're anything like me, you'll end up wearing any milk you drink before cardio, especially if you're doing it with any intensity.

machineman
10-26-09, 6:40 am
if you want to burn fat your AM cardio should be on an empty stomach....otherwise you are not burning the fat stores....

Aggression
10-27-09, 8:48 am
if you want to burn fat your AM cardio should be on an empty stomach....otherwise you are not burning the fat stores....

Exactly. Do your morning cardio on an empty stomach, right out of bed. Take a glutamine and/or BCAA supplement post cardio.

Dieselfumes
11-12-09, 9:19 pm
I read that is you put down 12-24 oz of water on an empty stomach in the AM and then do cardio it helps your metabolism get going and keeps you hydrated... I have been doing that for a year now and have slowly dropped over 40lbs of fat while gainin strength and size.
I would stay away from the milk.

TigerAce01
11-12-09, 9:45 pm
Try 1-2 cups of black coffee with splenda before your cardio, and sipping 2 servings of aminos and glutamine during/after. Works pretty damn well.

-Ace

C.Coronato
11-13-09, 10:31 am
I would usually take a Nitro plus Cuts in the AM as soon as i woke up, then hit the cardio. If you are not cutting, i would say drop the Cuts.

J-Dawg
11-13-09, 10:44 am
I would usually take a Nitro plus Cuts in the AM as soon as i woke up, then hit the cardio. If you are not cutting, i would say drop the Cuts.

This is an awesome combo. Nitro to help preserve lean muscle mass and Cuts to jack up the metabolism and further enhance thermogenesis.