PDA

View Full Version : Question about triceps outer part

Gio71
10-27-09, 3:30 pm
Which exercises hit the outer Triceps part good ?

Muscleguy93
10-27-09, 4:33 pm
bro, dont worry about the heads, just focus on getting the whole thing bigger. you cant really aim at one head. BUT i think skull crushers/ close grip benching do the job.

Gio71
10-27-09, 5:16 pm
Which exercises hit the outer Triceps part good ?

ok bro thanks, just wanted to know because the part of the back of the arm is hugeee just wanted to know maybe there was some special exerciese for theside part. anyway thank you

MrMonday
10-27-09, 7:15 pm
Some people like bench dips too, but reverse pushdowns are good for this I have found. I prefer to do them one hand at a time.

JBlackapple
10-27-09, 11:06 pm
one arm overhead dumbbell extensions

Gio71
10-28-09, 12:47 pm
gotta take your tips thank you !

live2lift
10-28-09, 2:00 pm
bro, dont worry about the heads, just focus on getting the whole thing bigger. you cant really aim at one head. BUT i think skull crushers/ close grip benching do the job.

best advice here. you cant seperate the heads from one another while doing exercises. Certain exercises may focus a little more on certain heads than another, but they are all still tricep exercises. Just keep it simple and work your triceps hard and heavy and you shouldn't have a problem.

Little Z
10-28-09, 4:02 pm
You want to remember to always shock the muscles.. change up your routine..

start doing rope pressdowns and at the bottom of the extension pull the rope apart to really blast your tris..

just keep it simple

Gio71
10-28-09, 5:55 pm
always do this on rope for triceps and holding it at the bottom on the last rep

FewL4no1
10-28-09, 5:58 pm

This.

From an anatomical perspective, all 3 heads of the tricep (Long, Medial, and Lateral) all work to perform elbow flexion. Thus, flex your elbow with lots of weight attached :D

Little Z
10-28-09, 5:58 pm
always do this on rope for triceps and holding it at the bottom on the last rep

alright then just change things up.. angles play a huge role in hitting any muscle group.. my latest thing has been ending triceps with
pressdowns and supersetting with overhead rope extensions.. 3 sets and then a drop set.. really kills at the end of a workout..