PDA

View Full Version : Morning Torrent

Never Big Enuf
10-29-09, 12:29 am
Any guys ever drink torrent first thing in the morning? Ive been drinking one serving while I make my eggs and oatmeal. Think torrent is a good substitute for whey at that time of day? I also take one serving post workout in the afternoon.

Refuge
10-29-09, 12:50 am
I usually save mine until 30 mins post workout, after my Nitro. It was engineered to meet your bodies requirements after an intense session. Perhaps something such as Real Gains? Or Milk / Egg protein would be better suited for morning consumption? Just my take.

TigerAce01
10-29-09, 1:04 am
It's expensive as hell, but I've seen a few people do this while bulking. It's basically an uber-MRP, so as long as it works into your goals, go for it. My favorite was always Hard Fast upon waking.

-Ace

On Letting Go
10-29-09, 7:15 am
If you have money to burn, go for it, haha. Dont expect anything magical.

BubbyLight
10-29-09, 7:18 am
y not try ultra iso whey in lemonade or tropical punch. i heard those are pretty delicious

Aggression
10-29-09, 9:13 am
I never understood why people have a shake while they're making breakfast. The first thing I have in the morning is a whole food breakfast, aside from water.

I'd save the Torrent for postWO, as its specifically geared for that. However, there have been people on here that drink it preWO/Intra-WO/postWO, and at other times as well. To each is own.

mritter3
10-29-09, 5:47 pm
I never understood why people have a shake while they're making breakfast. The first thing I have in the morning is a whole food breakfast, aside from water.

I'd save the Torrent for postWO, as its specifically geared for that. However, there have been people on here that drink it preWO/Intra-WO/postWO, and at other times as well. To each is own.

agreed 100%, seems like overkill having them that close together, start the day with the whole foods.

naturalguy
11-01-09, 8:27 am

People do it so that they can get their protein in their system quicker, remember your food takes a while to break down into aminos where the shake is quicker. I don't know how much of a difference it makes in the big picture but it's not a bad strategy.