PDA

View Full Version : Nitro G & Intra-Aid

Lightnin'
10-29-09, 8:49 am
can these be mixed together in 20oz of water or so? Any recommendations on taking these supps together or simultaneously?

Aggression
10-29-09, 9:11 am
can these be mixed together in 20oz of water or so? Any recommendations on taking these supps together or simultaneously?

Eh, personally, I wouldn't use both at the same time. I'd have the Nitro G pre/post workout and Intra-Aid during.

Lightnin'
10-29-09, 9:17 am
I tried that yesterday and since my workouts are only about 45 min, it made me feel like crap drinking 20 oz intra-aid immediatly followed by 20oz of Nitro G (EAA). Suggestions?

although for a brief moment I did feel like Superman....

Gambit
10-29-09, 9:59 am
This is one of my favorite things to do...just experiment. I wouldn't recommend taking a full scoop and a full pouch (if you have the old Nitro G) of each if you're only using 20oz of water. If you're using a full scoops, use at least a 64oz gatorade bottle or something good sized so it has enough liquid to mix in.

Or, if you use half scoops, try a 1 liter bottle from a local grocery store. This is what I've been doing and it's just the right amount of hydration for a workout. Just my two cents.

Aggression
10-29-09, 10:11 am
I would go with Gambit's. Use maybe 1/2 serving of each. But in reality, Intra-Aid is the best intra-workout supplement. It has over 10g BCAA's, along with some carbs, protein, etc. Adding in Nitro G would just be an overload of BCAA's, in my opinion. Maybe just save the Nitro G for off-days.

Lightnin'
10-29-09, 10:25 am
Good feedback. I think I will try all of it. My first test will be a half and half. I'm doing legs today so it should be a good test....

Gambit
10-29-09, 10:29 am
Good feedback. I think I will try all of it. My first test will be a half and half. I'm doing legs today so it should be a good test....

Depending on what flavor of Intra-Aid you have...wait, no, any of them...the amalgamation is going to look a little disturbing to say the least. But don't let that detract you

Lightnin'
10-29-09, 10:36 am
10-29-09

I've been drinking strange concoctions for a while now. Remember the old weider powder that tasted so aweful you thought "how am I ever going to hold this down?". Since then I can drink anything.

1/2 a scoop of Intra-aid and 1/2 a packet of Nitro G (EAA) in 20 oz water is today's test.

mritter3
10-29-09, 5:49 pm
10-29-09

I've been drinking strange concoctions for a while now. Remember the old weider powder that tasted so aweful you thought "how am I ever going to hold this down?". Since then I can drink anything.

1/2 a scoop of Intra-aid and 1/2 a packet of Nitro G (EAA) in 20 oz water is today's test.

looking forward to see how it is.....but i would save the nitro g for post workout.

Littlefry
10-29-09, 7:46 pm
10-29-09

Let us all know how it works out for yoou man.

Lightnin'
10-30-09, 9:56 am
10-29-09

Test 1 workout - Went very well. I was fueled very well through my leg work out. I did 8 sets of 8 reps on squats. Took about 1-2 min recovery between sets. Felt strong. In between I worked in bi's. 6 sets of 21's with barbell and 2 sets of "run the rack" starting with 45's going to 20's 6 reps eachs. I was pouring sweat.

Test 1 taste/mix - With a half scoop of intra-aid blueberry and 1/2 packet of Nitro G the taste was very good. Very similar to grape cool-aid with just a hint of blueberry. I prefer the grape over the blueberry personally. It mixes fairly well but needs a shake or two before each gulp.

Test 2-1/4 a scoop of Intra-aid and 1/2 a packet of Nitro G (EAA) in 20 oz water is today's test. Chest workout

Gambit
10-30-09, 10:31 am
Test 1 workout - Went very well. I was fueled very well through my leg work out. I did 8 sets of 8 reps on squats. Took about 1-2 min recovery between sets. Felt strong. In between I worked in bi's. 6 sets of 21's with barbell and 2 sets of "run the rack" starting with 45's going to 20's 6 reps eachs. I was pouring sweat.

Test 1 taste/mix - With a half scoop of intra-aid blueberry and 1/2 packet of Nitro G the taste was very good. Very similar to grape cool-aid with just a hint of blueberry. I prefer the grape over the blueberry personally. It mixes fairly well but needs a shake or two before each gulp.

Test 2-1/4 a scoop of Intra-aid and 1/2 a packet of Nitro G (EAA) in 20 oz water is today's test. Chest workout

Just wait until you get the idea to try out Hulk Juice...a scoop of Blue-Raz IA and Citrus Burst IA...it's a great concoction. Glad you dug this one yesterday.

Lightnin'
10-30-09, 3:12 pm
Test 2-1/3 a scoop of Intra-aid and 1/2 a packet of Nitro G (EAA) in 20 oz water is today's test. Chest workout Changed from 1/4 scoop, heavy day

Test 2 taste/mix - With a 1/3 scoop of intra-aid blueberry and 1/2 packet of Nitro G the taste was very good. still a bit strong blueberry taste. I think I will try 1/3 scoop intra-aid and 3/4 pack of Nitro G next rime. Again it mixes fairly well but needs a shake or two before each gulp.

Test 2 workout - Went extrememly well. I had plenty of energy through my chest workout. Also, I didn't have much time so I had to fly, again felt strong. 5 set of 5 incline press worked in 3 sets of 50 crunches on the ball, and v-knee raises. Took about 30-1min recovery between sets. Finished with 3 sets of 6 flat bench supered with 3 sets of 10 flyes. i felt very focused during the workout, at one point i fixated on the ceiling and just crushed out the reps on crunches and lost count. Was an awesome feeling to be strong and focused... Monday should be sweet.

Lightnin'
11-02-09, 11:32 am
I am going to have a bit more time today so I decided to bump up the test. to 1/2 scoop intra-aid and full packet of Nitro. Tastes awesome, more grape than usual. settles a little at the bottom and coould probably use a little more water but I like the strong grape taste so I'll just shake and sip.

Workout posted soon....

BTW, I think its the extra Dextrose that is getting me so amped. It feels great, and it's not too much energy. No jitters or mind wandering, just focused training.

Lightnin'
11-02-09, 2:19 pm
I am going to have a bit more time today so I decided to bump up the test. to 1/2 scoop intra-aid and full packet of Nitro. Tastes awesome, more grape than usual. settles a little at the bottom and coould probably use a little more water but I like the strong grape taste so I'll just shake and sip.

Workout posted soon....

BTW, I think its the extra Dextrose that is getting me so amped. It feels great, and it's not too much energy. No jitters or mind wandering, just focused training.

Today's back workout was a good one to say the least...

Heavy Day
Deads 2x8, 2x5
Low Rows 2x6, 1x8
Chins 3x7, Close Grip Chins 3x5
Pulldowns 2x10, 1x12

Calves
1x50, 5x20

I felt great through the workout, sweating like crazy but pumped and focused. The Nitro mixed with Intra-Aid really seems to give me focus and purpose. I was ready and prepped to de Deads before I even grabbed the bar. I really liked the 1/2 scoop of Intra with 1 packet of Nitro. I sipped it starting at about 11:20 and drank my last gulp at 12:45. It was nice to not feel waterlogged or slow. I'm trying this same mix tommorow except bumping up the Intra-Aid to 3/4 scoop and 28 oz of water.
BTW, I wanted to add that I am taking pump about 30 min before working out, but I have been taking PMP for nearly a year...

Lightnin'
11-03-09, 2:42 pm
Felt awesome today as I have all week. I felt a little full during my workout but it didn't stop me. i feel like I am hitting a new level of development and strength and it is just making me work harder and appreciate the life more. I am working hard on my diet too keeping it clean and full of quality protein and carbs.

Cruised through this workout and I think i am going to keep test 4 as my workout drink. Just was a great mix and replenishes during my workout.

lying side raises:
Dropset - 3x10, 3x8, 3x8

Standing barbell presses - 4x10, 1x12

Bentover laterals supered with Side laterals - 3x12, 3x10

Smith machine front raises - 3x10