PDA

View Full Version : What else is there to do in C-Bus

Beowulf
10-30-09, 9:29 am
You know, not during the expo hours? Restaurants? Clubs? Etc?

C.Coronato
10-30-09, 9:33 am
Well the expo is almost all day, then most of us train and then eat together and by that time im pretty sure most people are ready to kick it and call it a night ..

Litte Z and his boys would know better as they live out that way year round.

Fury317
11-23-09, 11:36 am
Honestly I can sit here and go through the clubs and restaurants but the post would be huge and I have to cook. The entire downtown area and "short north" are filled with quality restaurants and clubs, if youre into that thing. Other than that we have multiple shopping centers- Easton, Polaris etc. Columbus is fun. Its busy, especially around Arnold time, but fun.

InkdMuscle
11-23-09, 11:44 am
yeah hit up bella. she knows the night life around there. after training and eatting on sat it was close to 9ish i think. but im not sure whats around either.

rev8ball
11-23-09, 11:52 am
I stay at hotel across the street from the Convention Center on High street (which has some good resturants on it). Right behind it is a street with about 1/2 dozen bars on it. Nice place to relax.

Madcat
11-24-09, 8:26 am
The arena area has clubs such as the following;

Sugar, Spice, Mynt;

Bars like Lodge Bar, Park St. Patio, Bar Louie, Brothers, Gaswerks, Callahans, Charbar, Novaks, Frog Bear Wild Boar, and tons more.

This is the closest proximity to the Expo and all that good stuff.

Like Fury said, there is then the Short North, this is normally your classier hangouts, I won't name them because well, thats not my place, other then Press Grill, Macks, and Bar23. But there are a ton of local hole in the walls, that are a bit nicer and more pricey. Also Short North is prodomitly a non straight crowd. I am not dissing anyone, just stating.

When I used to go out, after college, and until about a year ago, it was always Arena District, just tons more to do there.

BUT as an adult and not heavy partier like I used to be, I would more opt for Short North, Easton, or local places.

My GF and I went to Easton on Sunday and I realized how many bars/resturants are there and that would be a better option for anyone looking to eat/party for sure. The kitchens are open way later and have better food. BD's is there, steakhouses, fast food, etc.

I personally work at the Elevator Draught House and Brewery and if I was going out I would go there and bring some people with me. Small, local, best food in Cbus, cooked to order, all prepared on the spot, no bullshit corporate stuff. You want to cook a steak to order, we bring YOU a hot rock to cook it on. Best beers in Cbus, possibly Ohio. Just ask Fury, his dad asked him for some for the holiday weekend, it's so good.

Shopping, Easton, Tuttle, Polaris, all depending on what you want.

Easton has the most young adult trendy kinda stuff, Polaris second, and then Tuttle is for the wealthy, I can't hang there.

Polaris also has a TON of resturants and things to do, but its a haul from the Expo etc.

Beowulf
11-30-09, 12:37 pm
Thanks everyone. Can anyone post the top 5 moderately priced restaurants in C-Bus? Don't have a whole lot of cash.

rev8ball
11-30-09, 12:42 pm
Thanks everyone. Can anyone post the top 5 moderately priced restaurants in C-Bus? Don't have a whole lot of cash.

Go across High street to the indoor farmers market (I think it's call North Market); it's about a block from the Expo center. Inside, they have dozens of types of foods, from Italian, Chinese, Greek, etc., and their prices are great - around $8 for a good amount of food.

Beowulf
11-30-09, 2:27 pm
Go across High street to the indoor farmers market (I think it's call North Market); it's about a block from the Expo center. Inside, they have dozens of types of foods, from Italian, Chinese, Greek, etc., and their prices are great - around $8 for a good amount of food.

North Market? Thanks for the info rev.

Fury317
11-30-09, 3:53 pm
Yeah the North Market is a great experience. It will probably be crowded, but its worth a shot. Its a bunch of little "restaurants" from all around the world. Good food. There are also some banging dessert places in there too.

Beowulf
12-02-09, 10:30 am
Yeah the North Market is a great experience. It will probably be crowded, but its worth a shot. Its a bunch of little "restaurants" from all around the world. Good food. There are also some banging dessert places in there too.

I'm there. Thanks.

belladiabla13
12-02-09, 10:33 am
yeah hit up bella. she knows the night life around there. after training and eatting on sat it was close to 9ish i think. but im not sure whats around either.

THIS WHOLE AREA (DOWNTOWN) HAS MUCH GOING ON. FROM LIVE MUSIC TO GREAT FOOD TO ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT. I PERSONALLY AM A KARAOKE JUNKIE AND WOULD LOVE TO GET A GROUP TOGETHER TO DO THAT WITH EVERYONE IN TOWN. JUST NOT SURE WHAT KIND OF TIME EVERYONE WILL HAVE. IF ANYBODY NEEDS HELP FINDING SOMETHING TO DO LET ME KNOW!!!

belladiabla13
12-02-09, 10:36 am
The arena area has clubs such as the following;

Sugar, Spice, Mynt;

Bars like Lodge Bar, Park St. Patio, Bar Louie, Brothers, Gaswerks, Callahans, Charbar, Novaks, Frog Bear Wild Boar, and tons more.

This is the closest proximity to the Expo and all that good stuff.

Like Fury said, there is then the Short North, this is normally your classier hangouts, I won't name them because well, thats not my place, other then Press Grill, Macks, and Bar23. But there are a ton of local hole in the walls, that are a bit nicer and more pricey. Also Short North is prodomitly a non straight crowd. I am not dissing anyone, just stating.

When I used to go out, after college, and until about a year ago, it was always Arena District, just tons more to do there.

BUT as an adult and not heavy partier like I used to be, I would more opt for Short North, Easton, or local places.

My GF and I went to Easton on Sunday and I realized how many bars/resturants are there and that would be a better option for anyone looking to eat/party for sure. The kitchens are open way later and have better food. BD's is there, steakhouses, fast food, etc.

I personally work at the Elevator Draught House and Brewery and if I was going out I would go there and bring some people with me. Small, local, best food in Cbus, cooked to order, all prepared on the spot, no bullshit corporate stuff. You want to cook a steak to order, we bring YOU a hot rock to cook it on. Best beers in Cbus, possibly Ohio. Just ask Fury, his dad asked him for some for the holiday weekend, it's so good.

Shopping, Easton, Tuttle, Polaris, all depending on what you want.

Easton has the most young adult trendy kinda stuff, Polaris second, and then Tuttle is for the wealthy, I can't hang there.

Polaris also has a TON of resturants and things to do, but its a haul from the Expo etc.

Easton is fantastic! We have a Funny Bone comedy club there as well as great food! We also have many dance clubs right downtown. And for those of you who like German food you have to check out Schmitts! Its a short drive to German Villiage and it is amazing!!

Fury317
12-02-09, 2:33 pm
I would like to add to those not dieting....try Thurman's burgers and Jeni's ice cream.....mmmmmmmmmm

Beowulf
12-02-09, 2:35 pm
I would like to add to those not dieting....try Thurman's burgers and Jeni's ice cream.....mmmmmmmmmm

Thurman's burgers??

Little Z
12-28-09, 1:05 am
Thurman's burgers??

yes..
The Thurman Cafe
183 Thurman Ave
Columbus, OH 43206

Home of the Thurmanator! I think my buddy is still having digestive problems from that burger lol..

and Fury also mentioned Jeni's Ice Cream.. that place is amazing.. they try to use as much organic and Ohio based ingredients as possible..

Phil800101
12-28-09, 4:36 am
Also for those not dieting...

I can't remember the name of the place, but there is a restaurant in Little Germantown that has excellent food, including an all sausage buffet!

It's about 10-15 minutes from downtown, if that. I ate there back in September when I was in town watching Illinois embarass themselves against OSU.

Little Z
12-28-09, 2:32 pm

I can't remember the name of the place, but there is a restaurant in Little Germantown that has excellent food, including an all sausage buffet!

It's about 10-15 minutes from downtown, if that. I ate there back in September when I was in town watching Illinois embarass themselves against OSU.

You talking about Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant?

Punisher
12-28-09, 2:49 pm
Not Much! haha

Phil800101
12-28-09, 3:42 pm

I think that's it.

belladiabla13
12-28-09, 4:21 pm

Shmitts in German Village

belladiabla13
12-28-09, 4:22 pm

the best brats and german potato salad HANDS DOWN

Phil800101
12-28-09, 10:16 pm
the best brats and german potato salad HANDS DOWN

Oh yeah! Their food is outstanding...and let's not forget the German desserts, lol.

fatbackgoal
12-28-09, 10:20 pm
I just remember the market area that is a block from the expo that has something like 10 different places to eat inside. Fat man heaven!

eutecticpoint
01-09-10, 5:50 pm
I just remember the market area that is a block from the expo that has something like 10 different places to eat inside. Fat man heaven!

The arena district is filled with food outlets, and arenas, and a gym or two if I remember correctly.

That and the short north is a fairly quick walk/jog north of the expo center, right down high street and they have loads of places to eat too.

Too bad city center is gone though.

You know, not during the expo hours? Restaurants? Clubs? Etc?

Hey! Who want's to take the COTA up north to OSU to take my lectures for me?

belladiabla13
02-17-10, 11:30 pm

We have White Castles lol :) cheap as you can get lol...

Razor
02-18-10, 12:29 pm
Well the expo is almost all day, then most of us train and then eat together and by that time im pretty sure most people are ready to kick it and call it a night ..

Can't really think of anything else in the world i would want to do that whole time.

BBWifey
02-18-10, 12:57 pm
Can you please list the top 5 clubs/lounges, that are semi-formal attire that I can hit up while I'm out there.. Price isn't a factor, but good music without riff raff is.

Thank you

ghost
02-18-10, 1:44 pm
Can you please list the top 5 clubs/lounges, that are semi-formal attire that I can hit up while I'm out there.. Price isn't a factor, but good music without riff raff is.

Thank you

riff raff? lol.
hilarious.

BBWifey
02-18-10, 1:48 pm
riff raff? lol.
hilarious.

yeah... No youngters bouncin around actin stupid.... LOL.

ghost
02-18-10, 1:52 pm
yeah... No youngters bouncin around actin stupid.... LOL.

youngsters? um........they will be everywhere. if you want to party, do it up in your hotel room.

BBWifey
02-18-10, 2:17 pm
youngsters? um........they will be everywhere. if you want to party, do it up in your hotel room.

oh that suck, I do plan on doin a little hotel room parting tho. We have clubs out here that are for 35 and up crowds, are there any out there?

ghost
02-18-10, 2:25 pm
oh that suck, I do plan on doin a little hotel room parting tho. We have clubs out here that are for 35 and up crowds, are there any out there?

doubt it.