PDA

View Full Version : pec tightness

intoodeep25
10-31-09, 4:28 pm
so lately setbacks seem to find me often. its frustrating but i do my best to keep on truckin as much as i can. my left pec, by my armpit, has been tight when lifting, and im afraid to do anything involving chest excercises because i dont want to tear it. there is no pain there really, its just an awkward stretching feeling, and its only in my left pec by my armpit. any opinions on this, what it could be and what i could do about it? any help would be appreciated.

prowrestler
10-31-09, 4:31 pm
so lately setbacks seem to find me often. its frustrating but i do my best to keep on truckin as much as i can. my left pec, by my armpit, has been tight when lifting, and im afraid to do anything involving chest excercises because i dont want to tear it. there is no pain there really, its just an awkward stretching feeling, and its only in my left pec by my armpit. any opinions on this, what it could be and what i could do about it? any help would be appreciated.

physio.

go find out why. or end up in the hospital and find out why. ur choice

BubbyLight
11-02-09, 7:42 am
physio.

go find out why. or end up in the hospital and find out why. ur choice

bold. but the truth

naturalguy
11-02-09, 8:49 am
I agree with the others, go get it checked out

intoodeep25
11-02-09, 1:50 pm
ya i know i need to. my problem is that i dont know how to properly stretch. i need to figure that out pronto

GJN5002
11-02-09, 2:12 pm
see a doctor, rest, foam rolling, a.r.t., proper stretching etc

desolation
11-02-09, 9:04 pm
every1 is right see a physio not a doc (doc will charge u nd tell u to see a physio, or in nz he will give u panadol - fukn bastards)

once u know wat it is nd get back into training u gota strech bud, tightness only leads to bad things, go online nd just check for some basic stretches nothing fancy required

Feel The Power
11-02-09, 10:07 pm
Well, I had something similar, but a little different.. let me describe what happened and what I did to see if it helps you out. I was doing chest a few months ago and doing sets of 3 reps. I didn't want to do too much of a warm up so I did 135 x 10, 225 x 3, 315 x 3, and then 365 x 3. On my 3rd rep of 365 I felt a really tight feeling in my chest in the same area you are describing in yours. I freaked out and didn't want to tear it. I was in the power rack so I immediately dropped the bar on the pins and crawled out. I dropped down to 135 to see if I could work it out, but no luck.. still a tight feeling on one side of my chest. I called it a day and went home. I did 10 mins elliptical and a few light stretches before I benched, but I feel my body still wasn't warmed up enough and thats what I figured had happened.

I took the next week completely off weights and did only cardio. The week after that I did all light weights for reps of 20 and for chest I did mostly machines and super light dumbells. The 3rd week I slowly starting bumping up the weights and now I am back full force. So if you have the same problem I had I took it slow for about 3 weeks total, hopefully rest is all you need. Remember its better to take 3 weeks off than 3-6 months off.

Hope this helps and you get feeling better. Keep us posted how you are doing and if you find out anything.

intoodeep25
11-12-09, 11:33 am
so i went to the doc after taking a week off...i am happy to say that i have no strains or tears, but i do have tendonitis in my pec. he said it was tight as a drum and gave me an antiinflammatory. dunno if im gonna take those though. recommended i started lifting again monday, just a bit lighter. doesnt seem to really be a big deal. anyone have tendonitis that can lend some advice or anything?

mcbeast
11-12-09, 12:47 pm
so i went to the doc after taking a week off...i am happy to say that i have no strains or tears, but i do have tendonitis in my pec. he said it was tight as a drum and gave me an antiinflammatory. dunno if im gonna take those though. recommended i started lifting again monday, just a bit lighter. doesnt seem to really be a big deal. anyone have tendonitis that can lend some advice or anything?

800 Mg Ibuuprofen? Either way, the doctor gave it to you for a reason. Its not going to give you bad side affects, or ruin what your working to build. I would say take it for at least a week straight. Now you have this problem, be sure to ICE. Ice after your workout. Ice days you have off. Even if its not hurting right then, ICE. And keep those anti-inflammatorys in case it flares back up.

intoodeep25
11-12-09, 12:55 pm
ya, it sucks, but its definitely manageable at least. i hear these things really dont completely go away, tendonitis nags, and that kinda sucks to hear. im only 21 i hate that im havin these set backs so early in my lifting career

mcbeast
11-12-09, 12:59 pm
ya, it sucks, but its definitely manageable at least. i hear these things really dont completely go away, tendonitis nags, and that kinda sucks to hear. im only 21 i hate that im havin these set backs so early in my lifting career

I know the feeling, im 20. Yeah, it will probably nag you forever. Its the price we pay. But between Ice, and takin your anti-inflmatories it should get better soon. Just keep icin' often.

intoodeep25
11-12-09, 1:15 pm
thanks bro. one thing i thought about was in icing after a lifting session. say i lift, take my torrent, wouldnt icing constrict blood vessels during a time i want them as open as possible so nutrients can get through better? should i wait and ice later on? also, tons of people bodybuild with tendonitis and carry on their normal routines right? doc said it shouldnt be an issue so i hope all is good

mcbeast
11-12-09, 2:13 pm
thanks bro. one thing i thought about was in icing after a lifting session. say i lift, take my torrent, wouldnt icing constrict blood vessels during a time i want them as open as possible so nutrients can get through better? should i wait and ice later on? also, tons of people bodybuild with tendonitis and carry on their normal routines right? doc said it shouldnt be an issue so i hope all is good

Man, people carry on day to do life, and bodybuiling, powerlifting etc with way worse.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/death_squat --Dave Tate Gives his injury list here..

You will be fine! As far as the Nutrition aspect. Im not sure to be honest. Icing 30 mins after would be fine Id think

intoodeep25
11-12-09, 6:43 pm
ya for sure ill be good its just something new to get used to. just like anything else i need to gather as much info about it as possible and move on. thanks for all the help EE i appreciate it man