PDA

View Full Version : 200+

ronnie
11-01-09, 3:09 am
getting my body weight over 200lbs was a big deal for me. many people here could have probably reached 200lbs without training and have never thought it to be a big deal.

both my parents are average size, both of them are large in comparison to the families they came from but still nothing huge by any means. i am just under 5'8", if i didnt work out and ate healty im willing to bet i would weigh in the neighbourhood of 150-160lbs. breaking 200lbs was a big deal for me.

i finally tipped the scale at 200 back in the early spring, i still remember that day, the excitement, it felt like an accomplishment. im still working hard and eating massive meals trying to pack on even more.

going over 200 i noticed a few things. the floor makes more noise than it did before, many of my friends are suprised and comment, women seem to stare a little more. throwing weight in the gym got easier. i fill up a mirror just a little more, i eat more. i train hard, i train smart. i had to buy new pants, there are a few shirts i just cant wear anymore. sometimes i even feel BIG.

i got on the scale again, said 214, im that much closer to 220lbs, gonna have to buy more clothes, gonna have to buy more food.

200lbs was a big deal for me. and i still want more.

naturalguy
11-01-09, 7:55 am
I feel ya bro. I struggled to gain weight and I remember every milestone, 170 was a big deal for me at one time, 180 was an accomplishment, 190 was awesome and I got stuck at 196 for the longest time but I kept pushing and eating and finally broke that plateau. Yeah I remember the day I hit 200, it was a good feeling.

I know exactly where you are coming from.

wedge
11-01-09, 8:34 am
For some of us, myself included, 200 lbs is a big milestone. Congrats brother. Best of luck on the rest of your journey.
Like you, I had issues reaching 200 lbs. Coming out of high school roughly ten years ago, I stood 5'6" and weighed about 150 soaking wet. I could eat anything I wanted it seemed and not gain a damn pound.
Eventually, through hard work, like you've done I am now sitting at 220. Sounds like you'll be joining me there soon bro.

mahscles
11-01-09, 9:20 am
good job bro

mritter3
11-01-09, 10:17 am
hey man, im in ur same boat, struggled for the past 3 years trying to hit that 200 mark, finally got it and staying above it, 203...and pushing to 220 just like you bro, congrats and keep pushing man.

C.Coronato
11-02-09, 1:22 pm
I absolutely hear ya too man. I was stuck at 195 for a longg time. I finally broke down that barrier and made it to 210 this past short offseason.

225 is next on the list.

charlievanriper
11-02-09, 1:32 pm
I absolutely hear ya too man. I was stuck at 195 for a longg time. I finally broke down that barrier and made it to 210 this past short offseason.

225 is next on the list.

Congrats on hitting 200.
Ya Hear ya guys I'm pushing hard to hit that 200 also, hit 190 yesterday and to me thats my first high point lol. next up 195.

ironshaolin
11-02-09, 2:13 pm
Good stuff, 200 isn't that hard for me to reach, but I was a real fat kid weighing in about 220 in high school. I dropped down to 175 for a while, and now I'm back up to 211, but I feel fat. I wanna just bite the bullet right now, go for 225 or 230 then cut down to a lean 210.

prowrestler
11-02-09, 2:32 pm
ive had an epic battle

last year this time, i got up to 198...and eventualy fell back down to like 185. i stoped caring about diet for months. first experience working full time, training and wrestling and relationships added up and i broke.

i finaly am back on track. gainin good, up at 192lbs now and will claim the 200lbs i shoulda hit last year.

charlievanriper
11-02-09, 5:26 pm
Wow PW I thought you weighed more than that.

prowrestler
11-21-09, 5:02 pm
Wow PW I thought you weighed more than that.

nope i just look that way cuz im short. if i had any form of a bone structure, id be alot heavyr lol

J A Y
11-21-09, 5:17 pm
suppose i should add in here too... being as i am around 5.8''/5.9'' i have once hit 200 at my very heaviest, back at anything between 194 and 198! depending on time and day!... but i have a feeling when i want to break that barrier its gonna take some time too.. real wierd because at the end of the day its just a number...who would of thought so many guys would have such an issue with it too!

good luck to all hoping to break it and congrats to all who have surpassed it! 220 here we come!

ronnie
09-27-10, 9:25 pm
broke 220 about a half year ago, now at 232.

Sprint
09-28-10, 8:45 am
Good stuff bros. As a chap who stands 5ft6 in his shoes, I look a lot more than I weigh. Most folk assume Im around the 190 mark, when in truth I struggle to stay at 170.
I even had to get on the scales to prove my weight to a couple of folk at work the other day.

It's good to see the "less-tall" guys getting some solid numbers on the scales.

ronnie
09-28-10, 2:12 pm
Good stuff bros. As a chap who stands 5ft6 in his shoes, I look a lot more than I weigh. Most folk assume Im around the 190 mark, when in truth I struggle to stay at 170.
I even had to get on the scales to prove my weight to a couple of folk at work the other day.

It's good to see the "less-tall" guys getting some solid numbers on the scales.

absolutly. many people around 6foot and above will reach 200 while being somewhat slim. and of them, and even the shorter guuys, some of them will reach 200 unintentionally and think nothing of it. for a hard gainer, short or tall, weight is a major concern and priority.

im sure we have all been in a situation where we are discussing BW with another gym rat and are horribly excited or pissed about our current weight when someone from outside the coversation pipes up and asks us why it is so important for us to weight a certain amount.

Aggression
09-28-10, 2:22 pm
Felt. I remember the day I tipped 200+. It was my sophomore year at college. I remember the exact moment. I've gotten to 210, 225, 230, and at my heaviest I was 235lbs. Just remember to keep the body fat at bay, bro. I got caught up chasing the elusive numbers on the scale. By the time I reached 235, I was a bit sloppy. Stay lean and when you get there, it'll be that much better.

ronnie
09-28-10, 8:25 pm
Felt. I remember the day I tipped 200+. It was my sophomore year at college. I remember the exact moment. I've gotten to 210, 225, 230, and at my heaviest I was 235lbs. Just remember to keep the body fat at bay, bro. I got caught up chasing the elusive numbers on the scale. By the time I reached 235, I was a bit sloppy. Stay lean and when you get there, it'll be that much better.

ya, im not so lean, but im fine with that because my goals are only strength and weight related, trimming the fat will come later.