PDA

View Full Version : equation for strength...do you know it?

BEASTOFRAGE
11-06-09, 8:10 pm
its simple. think about it. how is it that the strongest are what they are? just because they bust their ass in the gym i suppose. no its more than that. i realize that now. what separates a 320lb man from the average joe. what most people see as foolish or stupid, to us is just a challenge. "killer instinct". ive spoken about this before. it takes more than just rage. i'm surrounded by those daily who have the "killer instinct" with violent intentions in both their voice and their actions against the iron. if you don't possess those, you can't be stronger. its that simple. i've havin to learn this for the first time in years. its made a difference in my lifting. think about it. when your in the gym what do you think about? now what do you see in the gym? probably a bunch of people who just want to be average. who are "ok" with what they are. killer instinct=focus; violent intentions=drive...therefore...killer instinct plus violent intentions equals the unshaken resolve to be strongest. this is what bama barbell is about. this is why i'm not about numbers anymore...if there is weight on the bar, i will kill it!

let me explain more. before i went to the gym yesterday, 500 for reps was on my mind. that was it. raw bench. i walked into the gym just focused on that and not saying a word to anyone. warmed up to 455 for 1 raw. it was easy. i loaded up 500 on the bar. it was time. the equation was at work. i got under the bar and took it out. repped it out for 3 reps. when i looked at it on vid, it was speed and control...the factors for violent intentions. everyone had said it looked like a warmup. it was because of resolve to be and get stronger. there is no thinking about it. just doin it because you want to be stronger. police officers and firefighters do it to stay alive, people who have families and friends do it to protect their own; fighters do it to win the fight and we do it to be stronger cause weakness isn't an option. do it as if there is no tommorrow.

i think the same goes with life. you have to go after things in the same mindset. you have to be the toughest, strongest around cause in life there is no 2nd place. own first place. dominate them all and let fate sort'em out. there is no 2nd place and no tommorrow. and if you fall, get up and try again. keep fighting. a dangerous man is the one who is still willing to fight with no quit. i have to get it in my head once more than no matter what nothing is goin to break me. to stand in my path is to be standin on the tracks when a train comes through. then you become apart of the equation. in powerlifting, when you stand on the platform with others in your class, there are out for one thing...#1. do you need a reason? fuck no! it should be instinct. everyone wants to measure ones strength against another and prevail. strength is one thing. having the mentality i'm talking about is something else. its what separates the underdog from the champion. when the underdog is hungry and has that "killer instinct" in his eyes, unless the champ has it, he will win. will you do everything to do that? if you reading this, then lifting is more than just a way to release stress. its a way of life. who we are. getting stronger and doing what most can't is who we are. there is no other path...the only way to go foward.

i will take my strength and put it up against the best to be stronger. i will train myself to have that mentality day in and day out. i'm surrounded by people who have this already. i want to learn from them. lift with them. cause right now i'm the underdog...who knows the equation for strength...."killer instinct plus violent intentions equals the unshaken resolve to be the strongest"

do you possess the equation?
TB