PDA

View Full Version : Body wants more...Give it or relax?

BossDNA
11-07-09, 4:52 pm
Im training like crazy. Im pushing more weight than ever and getting better, bigger workouts and results every week. By then end of the workout the muscle group im lifting is done. Feels fucking great.

But i feel like im recovering fast and even the most brutal leg workout of my life which was 2 days ago, isnt really showing any painful signs. (Machines' leg routine)

So im thinking...Maybe I need to do each bodypart twice a week?!

What do you think? Risk of overtraining ya...but maybe my body is telling me to keep bringing it!! I feel like my body wants more...Fuck it, I think im gonna do each muscle group twice a week and see if its too much or just what the doctor ordered.

Your thoughts?

Dr.Platypus
11-07-09, 5:46 pm
you will definitely overtrain. This is how I felt two weeks ago and now I have tendinitis in both forearms and my CNS is fried.

DO you what you want but you aren't invincible bro.

MrMonday
11-07-09, 7:21 pm
In my opinion you shouldn't change something that is working. You can't measure your bodybuilding progress by whether or not you feel exhausted and fried... you measure your results by whether or not you are getting bigger and stronger.

And if you are getting bigger and stronger, just keep doing what you are already doing! Don't TRY to run yourself down... if you are recovering fully and rapidly that is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. Your body is telling you that it is in a good place.

Dr.Platypus
11-07-09, 7:26 pm
Mr. Monday is exactly right. You don't want to be hurting two days after your last leg workout. yeah it might make you feel like a badass, but you sure as hell wont feel like a badass when you are overtrained and out of the gym.

shizz702
11-07-09, 7:31 pm
While most trainees are guilty of being lazy and skipping workouts, some, such as ourselves can be guilty of being over enthusiastic and doing too much. You got to listen to your body and even if you're feeling gung ho and like you need more, you still have got to rest and recover.

Dr.Platypus
11-07-09, 7:41 pm
like a buddy of mine said: you have to have the discipline to take rest days.

shizz702
11-07-09, 7:58 pm
like a buddy of mine said: you have to have the discipline to take rest days.

Well said bro, and there is so much wisdom and truth in that quote.

BossDNA
11-07-09, 8:44 pm
Wow those are some great responses.

Yes Im getting bigger and stronger so Im happy its working. I definetly dont want to overtrain and cause and injury. I have quit riding quads/partying etc all so I dont risk an injury or fuck up my routine. Overtraining would be the opposite of what I want to do.

Thanks for the replies brothers...Im going to take this advice and roll with it. The workouts are going to get stepped up each week but Im going to keep up the routine and adhere to my rest days.

Today was a great arm day thanks to Schak's article ARMory:
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=272&section=training

Tomorrow is a rest day... Much thanks!!

Dr.Platypus
11-07-09, 8:47 pm
That arm routine is so fun, the only thing it lacks are incline DB skullcrushers which are the greatest arm exercise known to man haha.

BossDNA
11-07-09, 8:49 pm
Roger, Incline DB skullcrushers...Next week.

I thought of "burning out" on seated dips or something, but i stuck to the routine to give it a fair chance. Overall I was very happy with the lift.