PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up for The Cage: The Training Thread

LittleMan55
11-10-09, 9:58 am
Here is the deal we are 16 weeks and 3 days out from The Cage and with each passing second the day of reckoning draws nearer. So, since time is drawing nye I thought we should have a centralized location to keep everyone's training on point and support each over the next 16 weeks. Let's use this to state some personal goals we want to meet or surpass by March 5th when the doors are open and the fun begins. The Cage is by far the best booth at The Arnold Expo and we all need to do our part to ensure it stays that way. Lets put in the work now, so we can kick back to enjoy the weekend in Columbus.

I'll go first, I'm coming in at 225 (min.) with abs! No ifs, ands, or buts...

We all know we are Animals, now let's prove it to the rest of the world. Time to light the fire and push like hell!

Firefist
11-10-09, 9:59 am
good topic!

right behind ya buddy, im gonna be 215 with abs!

LittleMan55
11-10-09, 10:02 am
right behind ya buddy, im gonna be 215 with abs.

Hell yeah! Time to get growing...

Firefist
11-10-09, 10:03 am
Hell yeah! Time to get growing...

hahaha i had to edit my previous statement a bit. sounded a little bland hahaha.

definitely, bring in the REAL GAINS!!!!

B Con
11-10-09, 10:08 am
What have I stumbled upon here....

LittleMan55
11-10-09, 10:09 am
What have I stumbled upon here....

I dunno man... some crazy ass talking about goals for The Cage.

C.Coronato
11-10-09, 10:12 am
Im looking to be 225 for the Cage .. Hmmmm.

B Con
11-10-09, 10:13 am

Oh man.....

Rage
11-10-09, 10:31 am
Pose down between LittleMan and TTL...

I'll be about 280 4 weeks out, so I'll probably hit the Arnold right at about 270 lbs.

B Con
11-10-09, 10:33 am

I'll be about 280 4 weeks out, so I'll probably hit the Arnold right at about 270 lbs.

Massive.

I agree they need a pose down...

I'm not sure where I'll be... I'm just gonna be there in full force haha

LittleMan55
11-10-09, 10:37 am

Pose down!?!?

Rage coming in massive as hell!

Massive.

I agree they need a pose down...

I'm not sure where I'll be... I'm just gonna be there in full force haha

I expect nothing less from you! You will be in prep mode then won't you?

B Con
11-10-09, 10:38 am
I expect nothing less from you! You will be in prep mode then won't you?

Yeah buddy...

Mr. Dead
11-10-09, 10:45 am
To look good enough that Rage won't cut my carbs further, or up my cardio...

Q
11-10-09, 10:57 am

LOL, great answer...

rev8ball
11-10-09, 1:52 pm

Right with ya, beast. Looking at trying to level off around 260.....

mritter3
11-10-09, 1:55 pm
im sitting at 196 right now....and want nothing more to show up at the arnold and be sitting anywhere from 215-225lbs.....dont care about abs, so its go time!!

LittleMan55
11-10-09, 2:15 pm

That's always a plus... lol I'm looking forward to meeting you brother.

LOL, great answer...

Carbs are always a plus.

Right with ya, beast. Looking at trying to level off around 260.....

Rev's a large man! Looking forward to meeting you.

im sitting at 196 right now....and want nothing more to show up at the arnold and be sitting anywhere from 215-225lbs.....dont care about abs, so its go time!!

Hell yeah bro, get big and lift heavy! It's getting closer...

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
11-10-09, 2:57 pm
Imma be about 180, shredded. haha

Enforcer
11-10-09, 9:45 pm
Idk what I'll weight all I know is Ill be as large and in shape as I possibly can and as strong as ever.

This year its my time....time to overtake the throne

Big C
11-10-09, 11:03 pm
Tryin to get up to about 165 with 16 inch meathooks by the Arnold.....I will make it happen, mark it down.

weedlewott
11-10-09, 11:06 pm
Damn son... Massive..

Pose down between LittleMan, TTL, and ragingmuscle... just sayin... Just because you're big doesn't mean you can't.. Ha.

I WILL be sitting at 210. With abs. Yep.

weedlewott
11-10-09, 11:07 pm
Tryin to get up to about 165 with 16 inch meathooks by the Arnold.....I will make it happen, mark it down.

165 or 265? Just askin. Lol. I know you gotta have bigger guns than that.

InkdMuscle
11-11-09, 12:29 am
im going to be 215 with out a gut. Im sitting at 200-202ish.

LayzieBone085
11-11-09, 7:59 am
Sitting around 155 right now, been cutting pretty damn aggressivly. Hope to be around 165-170 at the cage this year, last year was 152 and small as a damn doll. Broc will vouch for that.

Time to add some muscle to this frame so i can toss around some weight with the pro's at the ABC...

GET BIG OR DIE TRYING!

LittleMan55
11-11-09, 11:15 am
I like where this thread is headed, but know there are a lot more Animals headed to The Cage than have posted already...

Keep this going. Head the CALL!

Aggression
11-11-09, 4:11 pm
Don't really care about the weight specifically. I think I was 215 at the Arnold last year. I'd like to come in at a totally new 215lbs, much harder and tighter, with more muscle. I have a big challenge ahead of me. Bring it on.

weedlewott
11-11-09, 8:12 pm
Don't really care about the weight specifically. I think I was 215 at the Arnold last year. I'd like to come in at a totally new 215lbs, much harder and tighter, with more muscle. I have a big challenge ahead of me. Bring it on.

If I weigh more than you, I don't know... Lol. Do work brother. You got it all day long.

Big Wides
11-11-09, 11:11 pm
Just want to show up bigger than last year and in better shape. I haven't jumped on a scale in a while so I'll say I would like to be in the 240-280lb range and stronger. I know showing up with abs is not going to happen

J-Dawg
11-12-09, 5:00 pm
I can feel the excitement building and the Cage is still months away. I'm really looking forward to an even bigger and better year.

dannynb
11-14-09, 11:00 am
Well if I can stay healthy and injury free I'll be topping off about 275-280 lbs. Bounced back to 250 with abs...LOL This is the first off season I've kept my abs. But all in all I will come in as heavy as I can and as strong as I can be in 16 weeks.

Thunder Chicken
11-15-09, 8:44 pm
we'll see what i look like, lol im 205 now with no abs and i might try to get 2 220 with abs if possible.

LittleMan55
11-17-09, 8:43 pm
Closing in on 15 weeks out! Keep things running full steam...

Also to clarify the first post: This is not a thread specifically to state a weight you want to come in at with abs. Use it for every goal! Power lifters it could be ripping 700+ from the floor. Squatting a buick... It's all irrelative as we all have distinct and indvidual goals. No matter what we are the Freaks of The Flock in Columbus, but only if we tend to the necessary work.

machineman
11-18-09, 12:45 pm
my goal for the Arnold this year is a 500# DL pull.....I am not as close as I would like to be at this point, but it is getting closer day by day and week by week......

weedlewott
11-18-09, 12:49 pm

Also to clarify the first post: This is not a thread specifically to state a weight you want to come in at with abs. Use it for every goal! Power lifters it could be ripping 700+ from the floor. Squatting a buick... It's all irrelative as we all have distinct and indvidual goals. No matter what we are the Freaks of The Flock in Columbus, but only if we tend to the necessary work.

That's true.. I'm looking at my particular goal from more of a BBing stand point.. As are most people who put their weights down. What do we have from the big dudes moving mountains?

dannynb
11-18-09, 6:53 pm

Put it this way, I usually am nervous about access gains in off-season trying to keep my bf in check and yet pack on the size. This time with my new trainer I'm just focused on growth and my back is wider and thicker than ever before and my legs have thickened up quite a bit. I'm so ready to do another show but won't until i get the go ahead from my family.

LayzieBone085
11-18-09, 8:49 pm
my goal for the Arnold this year is a 500# DL pull.....I am not as close as I would like to be at this point, but it is getting closer day by day and week by week......

Good call on pulling. 405 will be pulled for me, just a touch under 3x my bodyweight (157) should be cake.

LittleMan55
11-18-09, 9:34 pm

Right on Bob! Thats a big pull and it on my radar for around Cage time too. Let's go get that shit!

That's true.. I'm looking at my particular goal from more of a BBing stand point.. As are most people who put their weights down. What do we have from the big dudes moving mountains?

That's what I was interested in. I know there are some world class Power Lifters and Strongmen around here who will be showing up. I'm excited to see some freaky weights!

Put it this way, I usually am nervous about access gains in off-season trying to keep my bf in check and yet pack on the size. This time with my new trainer I'm just focused on growth and my back is wider and thicker than ever before and my legs have thickened up quite a bit. I'm so ready to do another show but won't until i get the go ahead from my family.

That is what AB broke things down with me on. I just train hard and heavy... Way less BF and I bet it stays that way for a while too. I can't wait to see the improvements bro.

Speaking of the family how is everyone?

Good call on pulling. 405 will be pulled for me, just a touch under 3x my bodyweight (157) should be cake.

DO IT!

machineman
11-18-09, 9:35 pm

get after it brother! 3X my BW would be a 690 pull~~~~~well that ain't gonna happen.....at least not THIS year!

weedlewott
11-18-09, 9:42 pm
get after it brother! 3X my BW would be a 690 pull~~~~~well that ain't gonna happen.....at least not THIS year!

SHIIITTT... You just gotta grow the beard.. Lol. You'll get it soon Bob...

LittleMan55
11-18-09, 9:45 pm

The Beard is key! lol

machineman
11-18-09, 9:47 pm

The Beard is key! lol

uhhhh, yea......the mrs. already has put the nix on that!

dannynb
11-24-09, 12:13 pm
That is what AB broke things down with me on. I just train hard and heavy... Way less BF and I bet it stays that way for a while too. I can't wait to see the improvements bro.

Speaking of the family how is everyone?

Def looking forward to showing off the improvements as well. Family is doing great, kiddos are growing so damn fast, Michi and I hit some bumps but are smoothing it all out. Looking forward to seeing ya at the Cage.

LittleMan55
11-24-09, 12:39 pm
Def looking forward to showing off the improvements as well. Family is doing great, kiddos are growing so damn fast, Michi and I hit some bumps but are smoothing it all out. Looking forward to seeing ya at the Cage.

Glad to hear all is well Danny! Keep doing what you're doing and everything will work out for the best.

LittleMan55
11-26-09, 10:55 am
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone... Use this as a chance to get in some rest and extra cals.

Black Friday marks the 14 weeks out mark! There is not time to waste... We must all push hard!

LayzieBone085
11-26-09, 12:48 pm
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone... Use this as a chance to get in some rest and extra cals.

Black Friday marks the 14 weeks out mark! There is not time to waste... We must all push hard!

I got a slice of Apple Pie with your name on it for later big man.
Train Hard, Eat Big, Sleep, Lift, and REPEAT!

Time to grow for these next 14 weeks!

Have a safe/happy holiday everyone.

NickW
11-27-09, 1:18 am
I hope to lift in the cage again, if so, I plan on freaking people the fuck out with some deads and squats! Plan on being between 330-350 and much leaner than last year.

arsilva
11-27-09, 2:11 am
Don't post around here much anymore..but I'll be in the house.

i'll try to be pulling 600 off the ground by then.

here's me a week ago deadlifting 525x3 at 197lbs...and i pulled 545 about 8 min after this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snS4iOLJ5EY

machineman
11-27-09, 2:41 pm
Don't post around here much anymore..but I'll be in the house.

i'll try to be pulling 600 off the ground by then.

here's me a week ago deadlifting 525x3 at 197lbs...and i pulled 545 about 8 min after this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snS4iOLJ5EY

great lift, bro.....looking forward to that 600 pull!

LittleMan55
11-27-09, 3:52 pm
I hope to lift in the cage again, if so, I plan on freaking people the fuck out with some deads and squats! Plan on being between 330-350 and much leaner than last year.

OH shit guys the human hydraulic jack is up in here! Looking forward to watching you do what you do Nick! Watching you last year was truly and inspiration.

LayzieBone085
11-27-09, 8:39 pm
Very close to a 2x bodyweight in Bench, bulking with rage now, it may not happen. But I will work towards it.

315-330 1RM at the Arnold or BUST!

stolzenator
11-28-09, 2:41 pm
i'm not even gunna try to predict where lifts will be at that time. squats and deads will both be over 2x bodyweight, and bodyweight may be as high as 200 if i do it right. should be a few weeks into prep though so ill be niiiiiice and moody hahaha.

either way lookin forward to seein everyone kill it that weekend.

Firedrake
11-28-09, 11:48 pm
I'm just gunning to compete in the "bench your weight" competition . . . here's hoping the shoulder clears up.

Firefist
11-28-09, 11:54 pm
well, this thread definitely has good direction and everyone posted up in here will definitely shock some people.

however......

I dont think we have a theme yet? haha.

im still holdin steady at around 200, gonna get some m-stak and swap out a few food choices for others and see where it goes.

scals
11-29-09, 8:08 am
I'll be be 8 weeks out at the Cage. I wanna be between 200-205 in great condition.

LittleMan55
11-29-09, 9:49 am
well, this thread definitely has good direction and everyone posted up in here will definitely shock some people.

however......

I dont think we have a theme yet? haha.

im still holdin steady at around 200, gonna get some m-stak and swap out a few food choices for others and see where it goes.

No theme needed to train hard! lol (I know what you mean though, I'm excited to see what the theme is too) We all got business to handle, this is just a tool to do it collectively. THat way when we are all hanging out all who walk by The Cage will fall victim to JDS (Jaw Drop Syndrome).

Consider this the biggest damn journey ever on the FORVM. The more we get the more its going to grow and the more accountable we all become to each other.

Those who would like throw some workouts up that are helping you in this quest. It may light a fire under our asses and get us going!

Firedrake
12-03-09, 2:38 pm
As of right now, I'm 257, but my bf% is probably around 18%. I was at the Cage this year at 229, and 19%. I'd like to show up at the Cage under 15%, but I'm not sure it's going to happen, because Rage has me bulking until the week -after- the Cage before I start my cut for the July show. If I were to guess, I'd say I'd be 270 and have no abs at all, but one never knows . . . I may hit a recomp cycle with my metabolism again.

B Con
12-03-09, 3:00 pm
I hope to be using the pink and purple DBs by the time I'm in Columbus.

Firedrake
12-03-09, 3:03 pm

For what, beard ornaments? <grin>

LittleMan55
12-03-09, 3:33 pm

Indeed! I got to put some work in to get there, but I may make it. lol

B Con
12-03-09, 3:38 pm
For what, beard ornaments? <grin>

Haha no beard growing for me. I look SUPER sketchy and grungy with 'em.

Indeed! I got to put some work in to get there, but I may make it. lol

Not enough time for me... it's going to be close.

LittleMan55
12-03-09, 3:45 pm
Haha no beard growing for me. I look SUPER sketchy and grungy with 'em.

Not enough time for me... it's going to be close.

LMAO... So help me if I set up a home gym I will paint the heaviest db's I have pink. Then I can invite all shit talkers over to lift the "PINK" DBs with me, only to burst out in laughter when they freak out because the are 150's! take that, take that...

B Con
12-03-09, 3:49 pm
LMAO... So help me if I set up a home gym I will paint the heaviest db's I have pink. Then I can invite all shit talkers over to lift the "PINK" DBs with me, only to burst out in laughter when they freak out because the are 150's! take that, take that...

That would be bastardly. But bad ass.

LittleMan55
12-03-09, 4:02 pm
That would be bastardly. But bad ass.

Yes it would be on both counts lol

stolzenator
12-03-09, 4:23 pm

what you should do is paint whatever the current weight is that you are using pink. that way you want to improve as soon as possible so you can stop using the pink weights. as soon as you move up, those new weights become pink. at the end you have the most alpha set of pink dbs ever

LittleMan55
12-03-09, 4:26 pm
what you should do is paint whatever the current weight is that you are using pink. that way you want to improve as soon as possible so you can stop using the pink weights. as soon as you move up, those new weights become pink. at the end you have the most alpha set of pink dbs ever

A one upsman and a genius you are!

Firedrake
12-03-09, 4:29 pm

I -like- it!

Oh, that's even BETTER!

mjsef88
12-16-09, 5:18 pm
I figure I'll chime in:
I'm coming into a new career field (EMS), new experiences and new ways of moving. You can't be too big or bulky, flexability is key, core strength is even more important.

I come from a background of Olympic Style Weightlifting. Injuries have kept me out of it for a long time. My goal for the Arnold is to be more flexable, more conditioned, more athletic.

It's kind of a mindfuck to have this new mentality, but that's what needs to be done.

Think P90X or Crossfit but more ANIMAL.

Hola Bola
12-18-09, 6:34 pm
2x BW Squat for 20 reps is my goal.

stolzenator
12-22-09, 10:42 am

i think itd be a good goal for the two of us not to get sick one of the days there again!!

unless its with another one of those brutal leg sessions...

LittleMan55
12-23-09, 1:44 pm

DAYUM!

Firedrake
12-23-09, 1:53 pm

A worthy goal, indeed!

LittleMan55
01-06-10, 6:30 pm
Slow in here!!!

How is everyone's training going? I hope everyone is kicking ass!

Stay strong, we are roughly 2 months away. The time will fly!

Mr. Dead
01-06-10, 6:57 pm
Slow in here!!!

How is everyone's training going? I hope everyone is kicking ass!

Stay strong, we are roughly 2 months away. The time will fly!

It's quiet in here, 'cause we's busy trainin'!!!

Big C
01-06-10, 10:11 pm
New goal:

Anywhere from a solid 260 to 265 lbs. Still on Rage's diet and lean mass is still increasing...throwing Test into the mix in a couple weeks hopefully it gives me a little spark.

Little Z
01-06-10, 11:34 pm
New goal:

Anywhere from a solid 260 to 265 lbs. Still on Rage's diet and lean mass is still increasing...throwing Test into the mix in a couple weeks hopefully it gives me a little spark.

with the way you train brother.. you're going to be coming in Bigger and Badder than last year.. now that you're adding Test to the arsenal..
they're gonna have to build a cage just for you HAHA

Big C
01-06-10, 11:42 pm
with the way you train brother.. you're going to be coming in Bigger and Badder than last year.. now that you're adding Test to the arsenal..
they're gonna have to build a cage just for you HAHA

Haha thanks bro.......no matter how big I get though, always bigger cats at the Arnold than me. It's a real humbling experience....but it adds fuel to the fire to improve myself day in and day out.

Little Z
01-06-10, 11:48 pm
Haha thanks bro.......no matter how big I get though, always bigger cats at the Arnold than me. It's a real humbling experience....but it adds fuel to the fire to improve myself day in and day out.

That could not have been stated any better my friend.. Ill be seeing you at the Cage bro

dannynb
01-07-10, 7:38 am
Just trying to stay healthy...damn upper respiratory infections always kicking my ass...that and allergies. But I'm still giving it my all. I'm just looking forward to seeing everyone again this year, doesn't matter how big or how much weight you can throw around...a family reunion is a family reunion.

Aggression
01-07-10, 12:28 pm
Zubas

Monika33
01-07-10, 12:33 pm

This is the best idea I have heard in awhile!!! HAHA I might just have to do that, but only cuz I love pink!!

LittleMan55
01-11-10, 5:32 pm
Zubas

Ordering a pair when my money gets here this week. I will be ready to rock!

LittleMan55
01-11-10, 5:34 pm
How the hell is it going? Time is ticking... Make every second count.

Let's Go! Let's GO!!

I'm holding up on my end... Who's still with me?

Mr. Dead
01-11-10, 5:44 pm
How the hell is it going? Time is ticking... Make every second count.

Let's Go! Let's GO!!

I'm still pluggin' away... And hopin' Rage doesn't drop my carbs at the Cage... *LOL*

Aggression
01-12-10, 12:11 pm

Here. On the daily grind. No excused for me.

and you know thisssss mmaaannnnnn

Monika33
01-12-10, 7:38 pm
Darn dont think I am gonna make it thursday night

C.Coronato
01-13-10, 10:31 am
225! 225! 225! 225!

Ill be there late Friday night, i have to hold down the fort at work Friday. So i will see all of you on Saturday.

LittleMan55
01-13-10, 10:49 am
I'm still pluggin' away... And hopin' Rage doesn't drop my carbs at the Cage... *LOL*

Here. On the daily grind. No excused for me.

and you know thisssss mmaaannnnnn

225! 225! 225! 225!

Ill be there late Friday night, i have to hold down the fort at work Friday. So i will see all of you on Saturday.

Hell yeah guys! Open the throttle up not much time left.

scals
01-13-10, 9:01 pm
225! 225! 225! 225!

I can't wait to see it bro.

Monika33
01-14-10, 2:27 pm
once I get there on friday night, who can I get ahold of to find out what is going on? can you PM me a number for someone? plz

Firefist
01-14-10, 2:35 pm
weight is going up, started Rages diet this week and feeling nice and full, starting SST/FN next week once i get set training partners situated, the shits gonna get real.

NickW
01-15-10, 9:22 pm
I am wearing my bowflex and perfect pushups out getting ready for this! I am about to start some jazzercise to get me all ripped up before it gets here!

mritter3
01-15-10, 9:24 pm
I am wearing my bowflex and perfect pushups out getting ready for this! I am about to start some jazzercise to get me all ripped up before it gets here!

damn bro, hows the perfect pushup treating ya....lol

dannynb
01-15-10, 11:13 pm
Been doing good except I did legs last night and woke up to my left knee swollen and hurting....sumbitch.

NickW
01-15-10, 11:24 pm
damn bro, hows the perfect pushup treating ya....lol

They are pretty brutal!

Aggression
01-18-10, 1:42 pm

Amen. I got some major preparing to do now. Can't wait for this shit.

naturalguy
01-18-10, 3:13 pm

I thought P90X was your program?

NickW
01-18-10, 9:16 pm
I thought P90X was your program?

It was, but now I am way too advanced for that!

Mr. Dead
01-20-10, 11:12 am
We got about 43 days left, correct...???

LittleMan55
01-20-10, 4:10 pm
We got about 43 days left, correct...???

Roughly that... I lost the exact count, but will have it on Friday.

Getting very close now!

Mr. Dead
01-20-10, 4:26 pm
Roughly that... I lost the exact count, but will have it on Friday.

Getting very close now!

I think yesterday, the Animal facebook page said 44...

mritter3
01-20-10, 4:28 pm

damn...its getting pretty close...cant wait.

LittleMan55
01-20-10, 4:33 pm

It did I'm pretty sure. That is what the Arnold Sports Festival twitter account said too.