PDA

View Full Version : Would love a judge/criticism on daily daily...

Jwnelsn1
11-11-09, 2:33 pm
Hey brothers,

Would love for ya'll to judge the diet and let me know what ya'll think.....
Quick Background: 22 yr old, 6 ft, 215 lbs, 12"ish"% bf - full time graduate student, full time job, part time job, work 18 hours a day 6 usually 7 days a week, average 4 hrs sleep..so not alot of time...this is my diet..... same thing every day b/c of lack of time... judge it judge it judge it! thanks ya'll

Meal 1 - 2 whole eggs, 5 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal w/ skim milk, gatorade
- or if i lift first thing, usually the oatmeal and a protein shake
Workout....
Meal 2 - postwork - 40g protein shake, bananna
Meal 3 - usually hour/hour and a half later - 1 piece chicken, 3/4 cups cooked brown rice
Meal 4 - 1 piece chicken, 3/4 cups cooked brown rice
Meal 5 - 1 piece chicken, 3/4 cups cooked brown rice
- yes, that's 3 chicken/rice meals...easy to cook/carry/control b/c lack of time
Meal 6 - maybe 2 cans of tuna or a 40g protein shake - this meal doesn't always happen though
Meal 7 - 93/7 lean ground beef (try for 12"ish" ounces) w/ spices and whole wheat angel hair noodles (don't know how much i use)
Meal 8 - Either just a shake w/ skim milk, or if I did cardio or missed a meal a "weight gainer shake" or 1,000 calorie shake (whey, oatmeal, milk, bananna, peanut butter)

Wednesdays - might have a cheat meal
Friday - have whatever for dinner, try to stay somewhat ok, rest of the day same diet
Saturday - complete cheat day
Sunday - usually 2 cheat meals - try to eat somewhat ok

Aggression
11-11-09, 2:38 pm
Not a bad diet at all man. I usually eat 2-3 of the same meals per day, every day as well. Consistency is key. If you're still progressing with those cheat days/cheat meals, then you're OK. But if you aren't progressing the way you'd like, I'd recommend getting rid of that 'entire cheat day' and eat your normal diet with maybe one cheat meal in there. Like I said, consistency is key, so eating legit 7 days per week is necessary

mritter3
11-11-09, 2:46 pm
judging from your schedule it looks crazy as all get up, but if you eat that consistantly, that is a great diet, chicken and rice, doesnt get any easier than that, i would assume with all that food that your on a bulk, 8 meals a day is a lot, but if you can handle it than go for it.

Jwnelsn1
11-11-09, 4:39 pm
honestly, not really a bulk...i'm just trying to keep what i have at this point. would love to make some gains yeah, but know i don't have the time so i try to keep it slow and steady i guess. yeah i might cut out that cheat day; hopefully over time that'll help me gain a little. guess it all adds up in the long run! thanks ya'll!

Artem_
11-11-09, 11:01 pm
honestly, not really a bulk...i'm just trying to keep what i have at this point. would love to make some gains yeah, but know i don't have the time so i try to keep it slow and steady i guess. yeah i might cut out that cheat day; hopefully over time that'll help me gain a little. guess it all adds up in the long run! thanks ya'll!

Just wanted to tell you, I respect your dedication in how much you work and still finding time to lift and have 8 planned meals.
Keep at it, man.

McFly
11-12-09, 9:40 am
solid to me...nice balance of strict mon-friday and enjoying life a bit more on the weekends. Gotta live. if I had to pick at it, I'd try to throw in some green veggies in on a meal or two....lots of benefits come from your greens.

Feel The Power
11-12-09, 10:06 am
looks like a really well planned diet to me.. I would agree with the above comment about having a whole cheat day on Saturday.. maybe make it only 1-2 meals instead of the whole day. I know a whole day cheat can really sabotage me, but otherwise looks great!

G Diesel
11-12-09, 10:19 am
Considering your workload this is outstanding.

With your base and a fast metabolism, I have no problems with your weekend cheating. Odds are it will help your psyche and keep you accountable on the other days. Plus, big guys eat. That is a fact.

I agree with McFly that I would add some veggies and maybe some fruit too.

Keep it up bro.

Peace, G

BobbyB11
11-12-09, 11:52 am
As someone who did the grad school thing while working 1 full time job, nevermind the part time job, I commend you on your dedication. The diet looks great, I don't think the cheat meals would hurt especially if you were solid on your diet throughout the week. Plus cheats on the weekend make you lesss likely to cheat during the week. Veggies might be helpful, I do see fruits listed in your diet.

Kain81
11-12-09, 1:12 pm
everyone has great points above. i also have to eat on the run and live by things like oatmeal, nuts, cottage cheese, jerky, and fresh veggies.

but one thing you said that can't be helping in any way/shape/form... is... FOUR HOURS OF SLEEP?? That's gotta be killing your regenerative time. I'm guessing work is the reason for the lack of zzz's and that it can't be fixed.

I wager that if you could double that time, you'd see a massive difference all around.

Kain

Jwnelsn1
11-12-09, 5:18 pm
dang brothers, i appreciate all the feedback...having all the support helps! yeah kain81, sleep can't be fixed haha, it's unfortunate! i only eat that 1 banana a day b/c i'm pretty sensitive to fruit...tends to tear me up real quick; could definately add veggies though.

Jwnelsn1
11-12-09, 5:21 pm
here's a question: i can't change the sleep...i definately take in alot of caffeine. not that sleep can be imitated, but anything ya'll recommend to maybe help my recovery since i can't sleep as much? I take my pak at night before bed since i'm basically fasting for 4-5 hours and have that big shake too. anything else?.....