PDA

View Full Version : Crippling abdominal cramp????

Kain81
11-12-09, 12:19 pm
Holy shit. Worked arms and abs last night. Got home and was getting up from the couch about 2 hours after my workout. Suddenly it felt like i'b been shanked in the stomach. I fell back on the couch and lifted my shirt... my rectus sheath ... or my second from the top ab was rock solid and contracted in a helluva knot. Shortness of breath, red in the face, left testicle half way up into my stomach... i sat there waiting for it to pass. I put a menthol patch on it, and heating pad after that... and FINALLY after about 30 minutes it relaxed. Fuck.

question is. what caused this? i've been cramping a lot lately. I drink tons of water, and keep up on my nutrition/diet with detail... anyone have an idea how to keep this from happening again?

thanks guys and gals.

( if anyone needs to know to help: i'm 28, 196lbs, BF% near 11, working out 5x a week for 3 years )

LegendKillerJosh
11-12-09, 1:19 pm
sounds like a hernia GO TO A DOCTOR

ghost
11-12-09, 1:24 pm
the only person who can accurately answer what it is, how it was caused, and how to fix it...... is the doctor. head there now.

McFly
11-12-09, 1:31 pm
yes I'd check with a doctor.

I've have abdominal cramps that literally put me on the floor in a ball and felt like my abs would tear if I moved. I've come to find out an electrolyte imbalance was/is the issue for me. but to be sure I'd hit up your doctor.

Kain81
11-12-09, 4:56 pm
thanks guys, that was the general consensus at the house as well. One thing to point out is, an hour later i was 100% back to normal, and (hesitantly) did my crunches this morning before work as usual.

-- an electrolyte imbalance? now that I've never thought or heard of. What do we consume that would supply those besides good ol'gatorade?

Frankie86
11-12-09, 11:04 pm
When it messes with the testicles thats a problem..check a hernia on your own while your waiting for the doctor..put 2 fingers a bit into your scrotum turn your head and cough a bunch or flex..if u feel a bulge come through then hit the docs immediately..if not id still go..good luck bro

GJN5002
11-13-09, 4:08 pm
thanks guys, that was the general consensus at the house as well. One thing to point out is, an hour later i was 100% back to normal, and (hesitantly) did my crunches this morning before work as usual.

-- an electrolyte imbalance? now that I've never thought or heard of. What do we consume that would supply those besides good ol'gatorade?

Im with McFly about the electro imbalance. Gotta remember, water is good, but you need more than just water especially if you are training hard. Ive been drinking the zero calorie powerades and powdered gatorades.

Kain81
11-13-09, 5:44 pm
thanks guys. it scared the hell outta my lil lady , when i mentioned the electrolyte thing, she came home w/ a case of it from Costco ... i'll give it a week and see if the cramps ease up.

thanks again for the input!

Kain81
11-19-09, 5:42 pm
McFly mad thanks.

i spoke with two of my close friends who are nurses and they said the same thing. Electrolyte imbalance.

The cramping continued and got worse, my forearms would lock up mid set, my chest, and my stomach still taking the trophy for the most painful.

A few days ago i bout a water additive electrolyte mix along w/ some magnesium tabs that i take before bed. I've now gone 36hrs w/o a single cramp and just generally feel more loose all over.

If i can go a week w/o any more cramps i'll call it good , if not, i'll def. head over to the Doc.

Thanks guys.

Mindaugas
11-19-09, 9:01 pm
magnesium also helps with cramping