PDA

View Full Version : Arnold's tip

Joseph V
11-13-09, 2:57 am
now and days theres pro bodybuilders setting bad examples to thoes who wanna be pro..my point is that theres guys who has guts that are enormously bloated..seems like there pregnant almost..

on one of my issues from flex magazine which is a few months old..he talks about the vacuum pose..where when you do ur posing, pretty much thorughout ur stomach is sucked in ..

i dont know exactly what he meant but what i understood is that bodybuilders need to shrink the size of there stomachs now and days

JasonG
11-13-09, 3:41 am
It's just a classic pose that isn't performed anymore. It's a good point though and maybe bringing that back to a mandatory pose would be good to award those who don't have distended guts.

Joseph V
11-13-09, 4:02 am
im hoping to bring back some posing routines, after i do the mandatory poses..(*i havent competed yet, but soon im hoping to do so in 2010, on a npc show*)..and if im able to do that its gonna be so awesome because everyday afetr my workouts i pose for about 1 hour, practcing, and practicing...i get pumped up everytime i imagine the crowd cheering back not for me but for some of the poses i bring back..its just a dream for now , but soon i hope it will become reality

violator
11-13-09, 5:38 am
yeah, the vacuum pose has long since disappeared....i blame GH...haha
but seriously, a lot of the things from 'the golden era' have been lost in the wind....
but then again, u cant compare todays pros to those of yesteryear, just like u cant compare mohammed ali to tyson...time has marched on...things have changed/ dare i say improved...
id dig to see the vacuum come back...represent it at ur show bro, then send us a vid...

but u gotta give it to frank zane for the vac pose, that dude looked like he had a 20'waist its so tight... http://www.clutchfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8118

peace

11-13-09, 10:54 am
Who'd want to be a pro looking the way they do? I mean seriously.

InkdMuscle
11-13-09, 11:14 am
The last MD mag that came out. i cant remember what month. but on the cover it has Mark Alvsi do the vacum pose and he has a kick ass physique. The pose is classic and only few can pull it off. Arnold was one Mark is another. But i havent seen to many do it.

prowrestler
11-13-09, 11:27 am
Who'd want to be a pro looking the way they do? I mean seriously.

me

rev8ball
11-13-09, 11:35 am
now and days theres pro bodybuilders setting bad examples to thoes who wanna be pro..my point is that theres guys who has guts that are enormously bloated..seems like there pregnant almost..

on one of my issues from flex magazine which is a few months old..he talks about the vacuum pose..where when you do ur posing, pretty much thorughout ur stomach is sucked in ..

i dont know exactly what he meant but what i understood is that bodybuilders need to shrink the size of there stomachs now and days

The only current pros that I've seen do that have been Dexter and Silvio. Not quite to the level of the Oak, but it looks sweet when they pull it off.

11-13-09, 11:43 am
me

Really? With their overly freakish physiques and their extravagantly excessive bellies? I'd rather look like a pro bodybuilder from the past, or an NPC athlete from today rather than a current IFBB pro (with few exceptions). Talk about excess.

RK
11-13-09, 12:34 pm
Future, here is what he was talking about

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hdgplv6GWXg/Skq6mEVOzXI/AAAAAAAAAwU/oIJ1JAmsnvw/s320/vacum+pose.jpg

Joseph V
11-13-09, 3:30 pm
im waiting for a show i can compete in 2010 in florida..if i do im gonna include some classic poses,..my favorite by far becuse i can do it fairly good is the vacuum pose..im at the part of the month now where i gotta maintain what i have until i need to start cutting down

but bro lemme tell you these videos here always and i mean always gets me going to workout..(the third one is my favorite because mike matarazzo is one of my favoite bodybuilders from the past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTMKhNKk1uI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPluftDxbXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z5WtnduONA

IronWilson
11-13-09, 6:18 pm
I personally find the vacuum pose to be unappealing.

Muscleguy93
11-13-09, 6:32 pm
You cant compare Classic bodybuilders to Modern bodybuilders...

jeff00z28
11-14-09, 12:01 am
i think its disgusting as well. what it comes down to is build the body you want to build, don't worry about what the trends are

Menace
11-15-09, 4:30 pm
Future, here is what he was talking about

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hdgplv6GWXg/Skq6mEVOzXI/AAAAAAAAAwU/oIJ1JAmsnvw/s320/vacum+pose.jpg

glad to see Frank Zane posted. by far the best vacuum pose! Pick up a copy of Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, you can read all about it.

naturalguy
11-16-09, 9:08 am
We are slowly starting to see a return of the classic physiques and poses like the vacuum, it's a good thing for bodybuilding.

11-16-09, 9:16 am
i think its disgusting as well. what it comes down to is build the body you want to build, don't worry about what the trends are

We're talking about competitive bodybuilders here. How they pose on stage is definitely not starting trends for casual lifters who will never compete, I think.

Whether you like the vacuum or not, I see the pose as a kind of symbol for what is wrong with competitive bodybuilding today.

Beowulf
11-17-09, 9:22 am
We are slowly starting to see a return of the classic physiques and poses like the vacuum, it's a good thing for bodybuilding.

I hope so naturalguy. Looking at the old pics, I have no desire to hit the vacuum myself, but when I see it done by the pros, it is impressive. Today's pros can't hit that pose. Can you imagine a pro athlete in a specific sport today not being able to do what a pro athlete from the 60s or 70s could do? Watch basketball. What these guys can do under the rim and over the rim defies belief sometimes. Players from the 60s couldn't do it. Today's ball players are stronger, faster and better conditioned. Could you imagine today's players if they couldn't dunk because their physiques changed? That's what it's like to me.

Alk
11-17-09, 2:07 pm
me

Seconded.

As long as you're happy with yourself, who gives a fuck?

Muscleguy93
11-22-09, 9:57 am
Seconded.

As long as you're happy with yourself, who gives a fuck?

Hell ya. As much as people say "they look pregnant" or "bad example", they"d give there left nut to be even close to ronnie colemen.

The_Legacy
11-22-09, 1:53 pm
It's true. I would give anything to be like Coleman etc. But I like the look of the classic bodybuilders, more natural etc. even if they were on roids as well.

LegendKillerJosh
11-23-09, 9:31 pm
Another piece of Arnold advice: the better the shape you are in during the offseason, the easier it will be to cut for a show. Another thing lost today, where now the trend is to be a fat fuck in the offseason and cut 50lbs in 12 weeks, that's why their hearts are stopping and the "supplements" are causing health problems.

dannynb
11-24-09, 12:03 pm

I second that.

Joseph V
11-26-09, 12:59 pm
the only point im trying to make is that if we can minimize the size of the guts of todays bodybuilders..we wouldnt have to sacrifice any size whatso ever.