PDA

View Full Version : The ABC Newsletter, Volume 1, Issue 6

G Diesel
11-13-09, 4:56 pm
Attention ABC hierarchy, distinguished members, Animal fans and iron warriors the world over,

In Review:

October was a busy and productive month for the ABCs, made even more special in that it marked the official second anniversary of the Animal Barbell Club movement.

As such, the Jersey/PA/DE crew re-assembled to tear it down for the third time at Body World in the rough, rugged and raw Passyunk section of the real Philadelphia. I was there to mix it up with Big Al, Big Ant, treetrunklegs, J-Dawg, naturalguy, Vinny G, Joey D, The Giant Killer, Aggression and the rest of the clan. The requisite hardcore training was followed by the traditional trip to South Philly cheesesteak landmark (and G Diesel favorite) Tony Luke’s.

Other noteworthy ABC gatherings included Central VA and Columbus, OH with KC and SoCal holding events on Saturday, November 14th and Colorado and Akron/Canton holding it down on the pre-Turkey Day tip with events on Saturday, November 21st.

Year End Preview:

The rest of the year has two huge events on slate, one in the Midwest and one close to home…

Rcrott1 and the motor city madmen are joining forces with ABCs across the mighty Midwest to hold what they’ve termed “The Big Session”, and big it will most certainly be. On Saturday, November 21st at 2pm, members from Detroit will connect with others from Chicago, Ohio and as far away as Central VA to bend iron and break bread in the presence of freaks like world class powerlifter Nick Winters—a legend of The Cage for his insane strength prowess. Much respect to all involved for stepping up and making this happen. To follow the hype and get the gathering specifics, check out their thread on The FORVM here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27969

In our neck of the woods, we’re ending the year right, with an ABC at what is considered the Animal “home” gym—the illustrious Diamond Gym in Maplewood, NJ. Big Duane and the fellas have opened the door to the ABC movement and we couldn’t be more pumped to train in a place so significant to the entire Animal identity. I’ll be there on Saturday, December 5th at 1pm and I’ve gotten word that many of my heavy hitter meathead brethren will be joining me to do damage in North Jerz. To follow the growing buzz for this event and and to join in on the action, check out the massive Jersey Animals thread on The FORVM here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11549

The 5th of December is a busy one as while we’ll be slangin’ steel in the Dirty, Southern Indiana and the Ice Warriors in Minnesota will also be holding gatherings. As of the time this hit the presses, December will be rounded out on the 12th by two vibrant chapters that always do work—Central Texas and Orlando.

Speaking of brothers that do work, here’s the monthly gospel from recent NPC East Coast Middleweight champ and my co-chair, treetrunklegs:

“There are a lot of good things to look forward to in the upcoming weeks. The ABCs seem to be spreading rapidly through the states. Big or small, it does not matter, as long as you guys get together and train hard, bullshit, and eat like bulls. It’s good to see people outside of your natural realm that you do not normally see--I know it amps me up personally for each show that comes closer. Philly was great and carried me through the final weeks of prep. The smell of the food afterwards was intense, but having a good support group, as well as competitors also dieting, around me, made it much easier to turn it down. I look forward to the upcoming months and training and eating again. Have a good end of the year, fellas. We made it through another one.”

As the holidays approach, take the time to spend with your loved ones and keep your priorities in line, but never lose sight of your goals. Eat big, enjoy the grub and a little rest and relaxation, but find the time to get your training in. Let your down time and the good holiday vibes aid your progress instead of halting it… Your goals and dreams don’t take vacations.

Until next time, go hard.

Peace,
G Diesel

ABC Newsletter Volume 1, Issue 5 (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28015&highlight=newsletter)

Wanna Be a Part of the Animal Barbell Club?
It’s easy. Find an event in your area, show up wearing your favorite Animal shirt and be ready to train, hard. If you can’t find a chapter close to you, find an interested gym, some motivated brothers and represent--take the initiative and step right up to start your own chapter by posting your details right here in a new thread on The Board http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71 For a complete and current list of ABC chapters, click this linkhttp://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075

Mr. Dead
11-13-09, 5:04 pm
Great stuff, G!!! Great to see how much the ABC's are spreading!!!

J-Dawg
11-16-09, 9:12 am
Great stuff G. Looks like the end of the year is bring a lot of awesome ABCs to the menu.

machineman
11-16-09, 12:12 pm
good write up G...there will also be another Toledo Oh ABC either the first or second Sat in December.....have not nailed it down yet.....

G Diesel
11-16-09, 12:32 pm
good write up G...there will also be another Toledo Oh ABC either the first or second Sat in December.....have not nailed it down yet.....

Awesome bro... Keep pushing it and let us know if you need any help.

Peace, G

machineman
11-16-09, 6:24 pm
Awesome bro... Keep pushing it and let us know if you need any help.

Peace, G

will do, brother.....

Firedrake
11-16-09, 11:55 pm
Great stuff, G. -- you need a report on last Saturday's SoCal?

G Diesel
11-17-09, 9:08 am
Great stuff, G. -- you need a report on last Saturday's SoCal?

Absolutely, my man... If ever I leave something out, which is possible with all of the ABC activity, this is the place for the various coordinators and ardent ABC supporters to catch us up to speed. Thanks.

Peace, G

ghost
11-17-09, 9:19 am
G, you are the Man. Your drive and dedication have shown to be a driving point for many of our chapters out there, taking notice of how it's done, and stepping up to get it done in their respective home towns. Mad props to you brother, for all your hard work and dedication.

G Diesel
11-17-09, 9:41 am
G, you are the Man. Your drive and dedication have shown to be a driving point for many of our chapters out there, taking notice of how it's done, and stepping up to get it done in their respective home towns. Mad props to you brother, for all your hard work and dedication.

Yo bro, thank you, but I've gotta be honest... Me, TTL, NG, Aggression, Enforcer and all of the guys out there working hard to push the ABCs and keep us rolling would accomplish little to nothing without all of the consistent enthusiasm and efforts made by coordinators like you as well as having the financial and moral support of The U behind us. The rise of the ABCs is very much a team effort.

Peace, G