PDA

View Full Version : Sugar cravings

HatemElAkkad
11-15-09, 12:26 pm
k major problem here.....a couple of months ago i started having a cheat meal every two weeks instead of every week.....and well even at that time, and especilly at night i get INTENSE SUGAR CRAVINGS as in i just wanna down chocolate or whatever the fuck down my mouth....sometimes throughout the entire day....this is increasing as the weather is starting to become colder from some reason......

im cutting, so all my sugar intake is from fruit, i even cycle those with my carbs to lose faster....i eat 1 to 3 fruits servings a day, from bananas and apples, cycled around the week....

anyone get the same problem? is this normal?

IronWilson
11-15-09, 12:41 pm
There is no way around it. On a cut, we all get sugar cravings. You just have to look at it as eating sugary foods is simply not an option right now, and you're not going to do it. It is something you develop over time.

PORTERHOUSE
11-15-09, 1:45 pm
Thats the pain of cutting bro.

Artem_
11-16-09, 10:11 pm
Then on that cheat meal, you hit up Jewel or whatever and get cookies and cake and whatever the hell; and it's glorious.

I'm sure you know of this seeing as half of the posts in the diet forum are about it, but on keto, you crave carbs a lot less than on low carb like you seem to be on... at least for me.

HatemElAkkad
11-17-09, 5:53 am
yeah i guess im gonna have to get used to it...

tried the cyclical keto diet, made my stomach bloat as hell and made my performance and body very sluggish...i have no idea why......

Animal Rep
11-17-09, 9:10 am
Look into Sugar Free Jell-O. Does wonders.

androidhinter
11-17-09, 8:09 pm
Yeah its gonna happen but try putting a little glutamine under your tongue for about 20 seconds then wash it down with water.

Muscleguy93
11-17-09, 8:20 pm
ya its normal, the pain of cutting like someone else said, but alwas remember your goals and that craving will seem like nothing, r u really going to let some chocolate get in the way of the goal? Its all about bad you want it.

androidhinter
11-17-09, 8:22 pm
Here's my other trick. When I get a craving for something I cant have I drop and do crunches.

Kryptonite
11-17-09, 11:24 pm
Bodybuilders always look right over all of the things these girls do to try and lose weight...

Thank God I work out with my mom and all of her girly friends occasionally because you guys don't take advantage of possibly one of the greatest creations ever created by a creator!

H-O-N-E-Y.

Honey. Whenever I'm having a sugar craving I'll add a tbsp of it to my protein shake or G Diesel pancakes, but it can pretty much go with anything... Try it out.

By the way... The crunches for cravings are a great idea also.

MELTDOWN
11-17-09, 11:43 pm
So are you cutting for a show or just dropping weight?

HatemElAkkad
11-18-09, 8:45 am
Bodybuilders always look right over all of the things these girls do to try and lose weight...

Thank God I work out with my mom and all of her girly friends occasionally because you guys don't take advantage of possibly one of the greatest creations ever created by a creator!

H-O-N-E-Y.

Honey. Whenever I'm having a sugar craving I'll add a tbsp of it to my protein shake or G Diesel pancakes, but it can pretty much go with anything... Try it out.

By the way... The crunches for cravings are a great idea also.

but doesnt honey have a shit load of sugar? i used to take 1 teaspoon in the morning and one postworkout when i was bulking

C.Coronato
11-18-09, 1:38 pm

Exactly what i would do. GREAT.

The_Legacy
11-18-09, 2:16 pm
It's just a sacrifice you have to make if you want to get shredded. If I get a sugar craving I just have some coke zero, maybe a glass every couple of days.

LittleMan55
11-18-09, 3:18 pm

Very good plan!

I know when I eat Cottage Cheese before bed I sprinkle sugar free chocolate pudding in it.

Kryptonite
11-18-09, 9:28 pm
but doesnt honey have a shit load of sugar? i used to take 1 teaspoon in the morning and one postworkout when i was bulking

Yeah, but it's nothing like the refined sugar you'll find in packets... It's natural! (Like fruit?)

I'm pretty sure it has some good for you cultures in it similiar to something you'd find in yogurt.

I eat to be healthy, I don't really eat looking to lose weight, gain weight, etc. But I stay lean and make great gains in the process anyway.

NJC_Manhattan
11-18-09, 9:35 pm
99% Lindt Cocoa

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/lindt/excellence-noirissime-99%25-cocoa

1 serving is one full bar. I have it with black coffee. Kills cravings. 1g sugar, tons of fiber

Kryptonite
11-18-09, 9:50 pm
99% Lindt Cocoa

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/lindt/excellence-noirissime-99%25-cocoa

1 serving is one full bar. I have it with black coffee. Kills cravings. 1g sugar, tons of fiber

I have never seen so much saturated fat in my life... Haha, wouldn't 15g of SATURATED fat be worse then let's say 25g - 30g of sugar? Assuming this sugar is from a natural, unrefined source.

NJC_Manhattan
11-18-09, 10:16 pm
I have never seen so much saturated fat in my life... Haha, wouldn't 15g of SATURATED fat be worse then let's say 25g - 30g of sugar? Assuming this sugar is from a natural, unrefined source.

The fats in chocolate are 1/3 oleic acid, 1/3 stearic acid and 1/3 palmitic acid:

Oleic Acid is a healthy monounsaturated fat that is also found in olive oil.
Stearic Acid is a saturated fat but one which research is shows has a neutral effect on cholesterol.
Palmitic Acid is also a saturated fat, one which raises cholesterol and heart disease risk.

IronWilson
11-18-09, 11:02 pm
You can also brush your teeth. It tastes good and plus, who wants to eat after brushing their teeth?

Kryptonite
11-19-09, 7:35 pm
The fats in chocolate are 1/3 oleic acid, 1/3 stearic acid and 1/3 palmitic acid:

Oleic Acid is a healthy monounsaturated fat that is also found in olive oil.
Stearic Acid is a saturated fat but one which research is shows has a neutral effect on cholesterol.
Palmitic Acid is also a saturated fat, one which raises cholesterol and heart disease risk.

Well... That still doesn't seem like on of the best choices, but I'd probably love to eat a bar here and there after reading up on chocolate benefits. Haha, where can you get those 99% chocolate bars? I looked 'em up, but found nothing.

HatemElAkkad
11-20-09, 8:28 am
Yeah, but it's nothing like the refined sugar you'll find in packets... It's natural! (Like fruit?)

I'm pretty sure it has some good for you cultures in it similiar to something you'd find in yogurt.

I eat to be healthy, I don't really eat looking to lose weight, gain weight, etc. But I stay lean and make great gains in the process anyway.

yeah i agree honey is great...but im cutting it out of my diet right now cause im trying to lose....

i guess i just gotta suck it up and stick to my diet.....i gotta work harder...

thnx for the advice....

eat, train, sleep!!

msktyshha
11-20-09, 10:37 pm
shit I am on a bulk and I am getting some crazy sugar cravings at night. Same as you I wanna eat some chocolate or ice cream and all those goody treats. I just ate dinner with some decent amount of carbs,protein and fat a good well balanced meal but I was full and didn't want more food but I don't know how I munched on 15-20 chocolate chip cookies with milk. Any solution to these sugar cravings?

Kryptonite
11-21-09, 7:35 am
shit I am on a bulk and I am getting some crazy sugar cravings at night. Same as you I wanna eat some chocolate or ice cream and all those goody treats. I just ate dinner with some decent amount of carbs,protein and fat a good well balanced meal but I was full and didn't want more food but I don't know how I munched on 15-20 chocolate chip cookies with milk. Any solution to these sugar cravings?

I know how you feel, bro. After I eat one of my "well-balanced" meals it's like I have a 2nd stomach reserved for junk food waiting to be fed. This should help out a lot...

Give yourself 2 cheat MEALS every week. Not cheat DAYS! Just a single cheat meal where you can eat some ice cream or a candy bar to substitute your carbs for ONE meal. This is what I used to do, but I never craved sugar... I just craved some greasy, fatty meat. Haha

NJC_Manhattan
11-21-09, 11:20 am
Well... That still doesn't seem like on of the best choices, but I'd probably love to eat a bar here and there after reading up on chocolate benefits. Haha, where can you get those 99% chocolate bars? I looked 'em up, but found nothing.

Normally you got to go to a Lindt chocolate store to get it. Or if you want to roll the dice, buy baking chocolate at a market.

Kryptonite
11-21-09, 3:40 pm
Normally you got to go to a Lindt chocolate store to get it. Or if you want to roll the dice, buy baking chocolate at a market.

Alright, cool. I'll give them a try. Thanks.

The_Legacy
11-21-09, 4:42 pm
You can also buy sugar free choclate, I'm sure I've seen it before, but I don't know it's nutritional value.

Kryptonite
11-21-09, 9:49 pm
You can also buy sugar free choclate, I'm sure I've seen it before, but I don't know it's nutritional value.

I've seen that too... But when I see 15-20g of sugar alcohols in ONE tiny piece of chocolate... I put it down. Doesn't all that Splenda shit make you bloated?

msktyshha
11-21-09, 10:28 pm
I've seen that too... But when I see 15-20g of sugar alcohols in ONE tiny piece of chocolate... I put it down. Doesn't all that Splenda shit make you bloated?

I've heard sugar alcohols make your stomach go bad and You wanna run to the bathroom right after you have them.

Kryptonite
11-22-09, 8:13 am
I've heard sugar alcohols make your stomach go bad and You wanna run to the bathroom right after you have them.

Personally I feel all of that crap is bull shit. The media and friends try to scare you from using a product because it's "dangerous" all the time. When it's really just dangerous for people who abuse it so much to the point their bodies cannot get rid of it alone.

Like steroids..?

The diet soda incident that occured a few years back was RIDICULOUS. Apparently some women was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) because of the aspartame in her diet soda. Then right after they made that statement they followed up with her consumption. Is over a quart of diet soda safe each meal? Mind you she had been keeping this up for years! Aspartame may cause MS, but I don't know... A glass or 2 a day of diet soda will not ruin your life forever. Just about every company in the world has at least 1 or 2 products made with large amounts of sucralose (Splenda). The way to prevent harm in your life is the word moderation. It can apply to pretty much everything, can't it?

But... Splenda does make ME bloated. Haha

cward
05-18-10, 2:05 pm
K why am I Craving sweets or sugar at night before bed. I'm eating 4500-5000 calories everyday. But sugar cravings are killing me at about 1030 11 at night. Chocolate milk is helping that but still wanting more like M&M's and Oreo's. Am I in need of more EFA's or Flax seed oil? Help me!