PDA

View Full Version : 4 days before a meet

Serpiente-6509
11-17-09, 3:15 am
Well Animals, four days before a powerlifting meet, this will be my first one so any suggestions are more than welcome

Big Wides
11-17-09, 7:19 am
relax, get your lifts squared away in your mind, eat some carbs and let loose come meet time

Chad Rahl
11-20-09, 12:43 am
Bro, you're going to kick ass! Just keep pushin' and fighting the good fight!

Serpiente-6509
11-20-09, 1:33 am
Bro, you're going to kick ass! Just keep pushin' and fighting the good fight!

Thanks brother

BigChrisF
11-20-09, 2:56 am
When you are calling your openers, call them low. Meets aren't won with openers. Get out there and get your first lift in, get yourself in the game and go up from there.

J A Y
11-20-09, 3:50 am
interesting thread, il be in this situation too in about 2 weeks time, so get the replies in people who have been and done it!!!

im going from what i have read and has been said to me from training partner and he said exactly the same as chris... get your openenor in.. should be a lift you can easily triple had you been up all night before throwing up... almost your last warmup attempt

a big one i guess too, is relax between now and then, and make sure you are 100 percent prepared and ready to rock

strivin for more
11-20-09, 7:50 am
a big good luck to both you and jay with the upcoming meets!!

Serpiente-6509
11-20-09, 9:40 am
Thanks to everyone for the great advice, tomorrow is the day, so after class I am just gonna meditate, and solidify my brain for tomorrow. All the best.

S6

Lightnin'
11-20-09, 1:41 pm
Thanks to everyone for the great advice, tomorrow is the day, so after class I am just gonna meditate, and solidify my brain for tomorrow. All the best.

S6

Let us know how it turns out. We are a family of Animals here bro.

Serpiente-6509
11-21-09, 8:39 pm
Let us know how it turns out. We are a family of Animals here bro.

took first in the 165 weight class, got all the maxes and wanted and broke my previous PR for deadlift, at 415 now. Thanks for the support. There is another one in January so I'll keep you guys updated.

ghost
11-21-09, 9:53 pm
took first in the 165 weight class, got all the maxes and wanted and broke my previous PR for deadlift, at 415 now. Thanks for the support. There is another one in January so I'll keep you guys updated.

what'd you get for squat and bench?

Serpiente-6509
11-21-09, 11:08 pm
what'd you get for squat and bench?

Kinda low, managed to stay with 225 on squat, and 205 for bench. This I will admit was just a local thing. No pro level stuff here.

ghost
11-21-09, 11:21 pm
Kinda low, managed to stay with 225 on squat, and 205 for bench. This I will admit was just a local thing. No pro level stuff here.

cool beans though. i am kind of surprised with a 415 dead that your squats aren't higher.

Serpiente-6509
11-22-09, 12:30 am
cool beans though. i am kind of surprised with a 415 dead that your squats aren't higher.

Ya my knees got a bit torn up from fencing from kindergarten through senior year of high school, so what is that like 13 years. I am working of the squat though.

ironshaolin
11-22-09, 7:20 pm
Good luck, bro. I've never competed, so I don't know anything about powerlifting but I do know about harnessing your mind for peak performance. If you're mediating, that's great. I would find that day, early on some time, to sit still and really concentrate on deep, diaphramaticbreathing. Retain each breath for3 seconds while gently contracting the 3 locks. after 5 mins of basic breathing, start to picture the situation, sights, sounds, touch, everthing. Hear them call you to the platform, and try to feel the weighton your back. Picture in detail, each set, leading up to your new max, beating out everyone else there.

I know thatwith proper focus and mind placement, it is definately possible to achieve more than you thought you could.

GOOD LUCK DUDE!!!!

Littlefry
11-22-09, 7:44 pm
Way to good, great that squat should be moving up steadily with time considering your deadlift is 415.

J A Y
12-05-09, 2:47 pm
instead of starting up a new thread i thought i would revive this one... im hours away, it is literally tommorow (sunday) so anybody got more things to add?

ive made all the food for the day, weigh in at 9, lift about 1...
all my back is packed, got all my kit etc..

Serpiente-6509
12-05-09, 7:50 pm
Good luck man, rest, meditate, eat. Get everything solid in your mind. Let us know how it goes!