PDA

View Full Version : When to eat evening meal?

dragon_unleashed
11-17-09, 1:56 pm
yo guys,

Here in the Netherlands there isn't much info available so I gotta keep buggin you all ;)

What I wanna know is, I get up at 5.30 do my thing, read this forum , go to work till 17.00, rush home

at 1800 clock I work-out till 20.30-2100, but

when should I have my evening meal?? before training ( between 1700-1800), but then I'm training on a full stomach or after training (21.30-21.00) , but then I'm training on a empty stomach and eating around 21.00 .

other times aren't an option for me

greetz,

chris

fenix237
11-17-09, 2:13 pm
hey bro, i see your time spent working out is 2 1/2-3 hrs- that's a long time hitting the weights! why not go an hour later? get your meal in when you get home- give yourself an hour or 2 to digest, then go hit the iron. you def do not want to skip your pre- workout meal.

the quicker you work out after your meal, you should eat a smaller, easier assimilated meal.
if you have 2 hours between, go ahead and eat a heavier meal- you don't want to go to the gym with a stomach full of heavy food. everybody is different when it comes to how fast they can digest their food. you need to find out for yourself and plan accordingly

...and don't forget to eat a solid PWO meal too!

C.Coronato
11-17-09, 2:17 pm
You should be eating every three hours. Have a meal an hour before workout, a shake immediately after workout, and then another meal within an hour of the shake. Then it starts every three hours again.

dragon_unleashed
11-18-09, 12:36 am
hey bro, i see your time spent working out is 2 1/2-3 hrs- that's a long time hitting the weights! why not go an hour later? get your meal in when you get home- give yourself an hour or 2 to digest, then go hit the iron. you def do not want to skip your pre- workout meal.

the quicker you work out after your meal, you should eat a smaller, easier assimilated meal.
if you have 2 hours between, go ahead and eat a heavier meal- you don't want to go to the gym with a stomach full of heavy food. everybody is different when it comes to how fast they can digest their food. you need to find out for yourself and plan accordingly

...and don't forget to eat a solid PWO meal too!

hey thanx wel it's excactly 2,5-3 hours with weights, I start out with weights and end with 40 minutes on the crosstrainer. Yeah I will probably try to go a little later or eat the half of it first and the rest an hour after training.

You should be eating every three hours. Have a meal an hour before workout, a shake immediately after workout, and then another meal within an hour of the shake. Then it starts every three hours again.

yeah man, I eat every 2,5-3 hours, and my shakes come right after the workout, I'll go and eat the second half of the meal an hour after training than. My girlfriend makes enough dinner so.

thanx mates for the advice.

kind regards,

chris

Razor
11-18-09, 10:09 am

Yeah i do that except since i'm done working out around 9pm i don't eat antyhing and hit the hay around 10pm and wake up around 6am then eat a good breakfast.