PDA

View Full Version : Decent breakfast/lunch?

Glory
11-17-09, 3:08 pm
I revised my morning/lunch a little bit to keep myself full-er throughout the day and to get in some more calories to gain pounds. I'm in highschool and I DO NOT cook in the mornings.

Breakfast:

- fibre bar
- low-fat yogurt (vanilla, blueberry, raspberry, peach, strawberry...)
- apple or medium sized banana
- 1/3 cup roasted non-salted almonds
- whole wheat pb&j

Lunch:

- 2 whole wheat sandwiches (turkey+ham, lettuce, low-fat cheese)
- low-fat hard cheese w/ whole wheat crackers
- whole grain bar
- cucumbers
- carrots

Decent breakfast/lunch for a highschooler? Let me know, thanks.

IRBS
11-17-09, 3:16 pm
I revised my morning/lunch a little bit to keep myself full-er throughout the day and to get in some more calories to gain pounds. I'm in highschool and I DO NOT cook in the mornings.

Breakfast:

- fibre bar
- low-fat yogurt (vanilla, blueberry, raspberry, peach, strawberry...)
- apple or medium sized banana
- whole wheat pb&j

Lunch:

- 2 whole wheat sandwiches (turkey+ham, lettuce, low-fat cheese)
- low-fat hard cheese w/ whole wheat crackers
- whole grain bar
- cucumbers
- carrots

Decent breakfast/lunch for a highschooler? Let me know, thanks.

I would do something like the following for breakfast:

6 Whole Eggs
2-4 Cups Milk
1-1.5 Cups Oats
Bannana & PB

I would be hungry in like an hour after that breakfast you listed above.

Lunch looks ok, but I would up the protien, depending on how much meat you are putting on those sandwiches.

I've seen a lot of High Schoolers do MUCH worse though.

Glory
11-17-09, 3:24 pm
What types of things should I add in my lunch for protein? Nothing advanced, I want to keep it nice and simple.

Glory
11-17-09, 3:30 pm
Another thing; How else can I eat the oats besides putting them in my shakes?

C.Coronato
11-17-09, 3:30 pm
What types of things should I add in my lunch for protein? Nothing advanced, I want to keep it nice and simple.

chicken, tuna, lean beef, eggs, ect.

G Diesel
11-17-09, 3:45 pm

Turkey or roast beef? Tuna or egg salad?

Another thing; How else can I eat the oats besides putting them in my shakes?

Microwave them in a bowl w/ milk, cinnamon and splenda. Technically you could add whey and a banana and you'd have a complete meal in a single bowl.

This isn't cooking. It only involves a bowl and a microwave.

Peace, G

Glory
11-17-09, 7:34 pm
Turkey or roast beef? Tuna or egg salad?

Microwave them in a bowl w/ milk, cinnamon and splenda. Technically you could add whey and a banana and you'd have a complete meal in a single bowl.

This isn't cooking. It only involves a bowl and a microwave.

Peace, G

This is a solid breakfast idea. Sounds delicious - I'm gonna try it tomorrow... Is there anyway to pre-cook eggs the night before and have them in the morning?

TigerAce01
11-17-09, 7:40 pm
This is a solid breakfast idea. Sounds delicious - I'm gonna try it tomorrow... Is there anyway to pre-cook eggs the night before and have them in the morning?

Plenty of ways...just cook them up the way you want and put them in the fridge. 2 of my favorite "night before" methods are hard boiled, or baking them in a glass pan with cheese. Comes out tasty and ready to go.

-Ace

SailinScotty
11-17-09, 8:01 pm

You could also micorwave them in a bowl for about 60-90 seconds in the mornings. Make sure you cover them though, i forgot once and it was a nice mess in the microwave.

Sphinx
11-17-09, 8:04 pm
That breakfast needs some fixing, I'd suggest something along what IRBS posted, perhaps not the same quantities since everyone is on a different level and has different goals, but definitely include some eggs or oats.

As for pre-cooking eggs, I fry 3 whole eggs the night before everyday and put them in the fridge. They come with me to school to eat post workout along with my lunch and dinner in case I stay longer than expected.

Glory
11-17-09, 8:29 pm
You could also micorwave them in a bowl for about 60-90 seconds in the mornings. Make sure you cover them though, i forgot once and it was a nice mess in the microwave.

That breakfast needs some fixing, I'd suggest something along what IRBS posted, perhaps not the same quantities since everyone is on a different level and has different goals, but definitely include some eggs or oats.

As for pre-cooking eggs, I fry 3 whole eggs the night before everyday and put them in the fridge. They come with me to school to eat post workout along with my lunch and dinner in case I stay longer than expected.

I'm going to mix 1 or 1.5 cups of oats & a sliced banana with milk and whey in a bowl and microwave it tomorrow. Sounds delicious... I'm going to rotate between the eggs and the oats every other couple days or every other day.

Max-Angle
11-17-09, 9:50 pm
The people on this site know what there talking about, they really helped me spruce up my meals, for my breakfast I have and this would work for you too since i'm 16, i make three eggs in the frying pan the night before put them on a paper plate and put some wrap over it and put it in the fridge to be warmed up in the morning and then in the morning i warm that up and make a half a cup of oats in a bowl and add a few tablespoons of peanut butter in it and a banana sliced up in it, a good glass of orange juice or milk and thats a pretty good meal

dragon_unleashed
11-18-09, 1:18 am
I'm going to mix 1 or 1.5 cups of oats & a sliced banana with milk and whey in a bowl and microwave it tomorrow. Sounds delicious... I'm going to rotate between the eggs and the oats every other couple days or every other day.

and? how was it? it really sounds tasty

Glory
11-18-09, 3:24 pm
and? how was it? it really sounds tasty

Tasted awesome... Filled me up for awhile. I'm going to try mixing the oats in PB tomorrow with a sliced banana and see what I like better!