PDA

View Full Version : Going from 5 days a week to 3 of lifting

braves561
11-17-09, 5:17 pm
I'm currently doing a 5 day split (2 days Power, 3 days Hypertrophy) averaging about 30-40 sets per workout. I am feeling totally burned out. Also, 2 cardio sessions a week.

I am thinking of moving to a 3 day program like Built like a badass from DeFranco.

Do you guys think there will be any negative complications? i.e. size loss

prowrestler
11-17-09, 6:49 pm
I'm currently doing a 5 day split (2 days Power, 3 days Hypertrophy) averaging about 30-40 sets per workout. I am feeling totally burned out. Also, 2 cardio sessions a week.

I am thinking of moving to a 3 day program like Built like a badass from DeFranco.

Do you guys think there will be any negative complications? i.e. size loss

nope. defranco is a good coach.

chances are if you actualy follow it for a while, youll be better then u are now

Pizzalamp
11-17-09, 7:56 pm
say hellooooooooooo to some new gains

msktyshha
11-17-09, 10:38 pm
dude tell me about it, I wanna know more about a 3 day split. if you got it please pm me thanx....

jeff00z28
11-17-09, 11:02 pm
whenever i do less days of lifting for a period then i do cardio on some of the off days or at least abs/calves days. It keeps me in a good mood

braves561
11-18-09, 5:23 pm
say hellooooooooooo to some new gains

haha. hopefully.

dude tell me about it, I wanna know more about a 3 day split. if you got it please pm me thanx....

PM'd!

whenever i do less days of lifting for a period then i do cardio on some of the off days or at least abs/calves days. It keeps me in a good mood

I noticed this too. I feel like garbage on 5 day splits. For some 5 day splits are perfect, for others such as myself, I think I respond better to 3-4 with conditioning work.

nope. defranco is a good coach.

chances are if you actualy follow it for a while, youll be better then u are now

Yeah he really knows his stuff.

MrMonday
11-18-09, 6:37 pm
If you aren't eating enough to be gaining bodyweight at a steady pace then it's obvious why you feel drained training that way. You could also be training incorrectly, but if you really want to be doing a 3-way split instead then by all means do so.

shizz702
11-18-09, 9:08 pm
What you'll probably notice when switching to 3x a week is your intensity will go up. With all that added recovery it will enable you to bump it up and go for more strength gains.

5 days a week is a tough regimen to keep up, and can really burn you out if eating, rest, or anything isn't up to par. It is best to switch things up occasionally to see how your body responds, try this out and see how it goes, and compare it to your previous cycle.

From there, apply what works, and drop what doesn't.