PDA

View Full Version : Natural training

priority
11-18-09, 4:32 pm
Hi,
i just wanted your guys take on full body workouts for natural bodybuilders. At the moment i perform 2 workouts per week. I perform 2 of the big power lifts followed by a few other lifts. for example;
1)Squats 3)Deadlifts
Deadlifts Bench
calf raise Bicep curls
barbell row Close grip press
2)Bench 4)Squats
Squats Deadlifts
Shoulder press Barbell row
Abs Leg curl

I complete the above split over a 2 week period. All lifts focus on heavy low rep movements, with the big three lifts sometimes going down to doubles and singles and the other lifts never going above 6 reps. This phase is a mass building phase and i have to say, since ive been doing it for approx 12 months ive had my best strength and size gains whilst remaining lean, since i first started training 6 years ago. I personally recommend
this to anyone.
My question is, does anyone see anything im missing or could change. I definatley believe less is more, and heavy is the way to gain. i do overtrain very easily hence whny i started this style.
Thanks

Mr. Dead
11-18-09, 4:35 pm
My first question would be... How are your energy levels, by the time you get close to the end of your session...???

omfgapolarbear
11-18-09, 4:58 pm
Honestly, I can't make heads or tails of what you're doing man.

strivin for more
11-18-09, 7:14 pm
Hi,
i just wanted your guys take on full body workouts for natural bodybuilders. At the moment i perform 2 workouts per week. I perform 2 of the big power lifts followed by a few other lifts. for example;
1)Squats 3)Deadlifts
Deadlifts Bench
calf raise Bicep curls
2)Bench 4)Squats
Squats Deadlifts
Abs Leg curl

I complete the above split over a 2 week period. All lifts focus on heavy low rep movements, with the big three lifts sometimes going down to doubles and singles and the other lifts never going above 6 reps. This phase is a mass building phase and i have to say, since ive been doing it for approx 12 months ive had my best strength and size gains whilst remaining lean, since i first started training 6 years ago. I personally recommend
this to anyone.
My question is, does anyone see anything im missing or could change. I definatley believe less is more, and heavy is the way to gain. i do overtrain very easily hence whny i started this style.
Thanks

his splits like this, it didnt post as he wanted;

week 1
workout 1
squats
deadlifts
calf raise
barbell row

workout 2
bench
squats
shoulder press
abs

week 2
workout 3
deadlift
bench
bicep curls
close grip bench

workout 4
squats
deadlifts
barbell row
leg curl

and in my opinion, you need a ton of energy for this split. youre doing 2-3 large compound movements a workout. i would split it up to 3 days a week, and just move some exercises around.

maybe monday, wednesday, saturday,

WO 1
squats
calf raises
leg curl

WO 2
bench
close grip bench
overhead press
lateral raises

WO 3
deadlift
pull ups
barbell row
bicep curls
abs

with something like that you may have more energy to lift more weight on other big movements and you only have to go to the gym once more a week. but if its working for ya, more power to ya bro!

NJC_Manhattan
11-18-09, 9:15 pm
Dude, Treetrunklegs is one of the most impressive natural bodybuilders I've ever seen. Id go to his journey and ask him. He's knowledgeable and willing to help.

shizz702
11-18-09, 9:24 pm
Just curious, are you familiar with Stuart McRobert's books, or anything on abbreviated training? Cause your routine looks like something he'd recommend.

No doubt I'm sure you're making great gains, you can't go wrong with a simple, abbreviated routine consisting primarily of compound movements.

G Diesel
11-19-09, 9:07 am
Dude, Treetrunklegs is one of the most impressive natural bodybuilders I've ever seen. Id go to his journey and ask him. He's knowledgeable and willing to help.

Fact. Between Big Ant, TTL and The Giant Killer you have a wealth of knowledge here on all things pertaining to drug free bodybuilding on the upper levels of the game. The dudes walk what they talk.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
11-19-09, 9:12 am
Fact. Between Big Ant, TTL and The Giant Killer you have a wealth of knowledge here on all things pertaining to drug free bodybuilding on the upper levels of the game. The dudes walk what they talk.

Peace, G

x2. Lotta knowledge between those three fellas in the world of natty bbing. Maybe they can peek in here and lend some words of advice.

C.Coronato
11-19-09, 10:02 am

Peace, G

x2. Lotta knowledge between those three fellas in the world of natty bbing. Maybe they can peek in here and lend some words of advice.

Thank you guys, i truly appreciate it. With the help of Big Ant and GK, i am certainly making strides towards good things!

C.Coronato
11-19-09, 10:05 am
Hi,
1)Squats 3)Deadlifts
Deadlifts Bench
calf raise Bicep curls
2)Bench 4)Squats
Squats Deadlifts
Abs Leg curl

this to anyone.
Thanks

Hey bro. If your making gains with strength, and mass. There would be no reason to change. I personally compete in natural comps and i do a split like this:

Chest
Back - (ill DL here) - 3 sets of bis at the end of the workout
Shoulders - 3 sets of tris at the end of the workout
Hams / Calves
Arms
Quads (Ill squat here)
Off

I don't like full bodies personally, because i feel like i could be doing much more, that being said, you could react completely different! But by reading that, you only workout 2x a week and take 5 days off?

GJN5002
11-19-09, 1:38 pm
i was doing full body for a while but I used a three day split which is what I think you should do. Ive switched to upper/lower instead of full body and like it a lot more.

The_Legacy
11-19-09, 2:11 pm
You'd probably be better off doing two body parts a day for 3 days.

Chest/Bi
Back/Tri
Legs/Shoulders

Something like that, you would probably gain more mass.