PDA

View Full Version : It's a personal Vendetta

justpushit
11-25-09, 2:11 pm
Sup bros,

I've been a member here for a little while and have gotten a lot of motivation from this site and decided to start a journey, to hold myself to my training schedule and goals.

A little background, I was born with chronic Lymphodemia, which affects the right side of my body. Or in essence the extremities on my right side look swollen all the time. But the reason this is a vendetta for me is that I was told I wouldn't walk past 12 and would never be able to play sports. And I pretty much have said fuck that and I'm now 22 years old and have played sports my whole life and lifted on and off. The past several weeks I have began to take my lifting more serious and that is why I'm starting my journey.

Listen, I will never be able to be a body builder or competitor in that standpoint, because of my condition, but my goal is to be able to move more weight than the next guy. Simple and to the point.

Here is what I'm working with.

22 years old
Height: 5-11
Weight: 175
Not sure what my bf% is, but its not very high.

My diet consists of:

7 meals per day. about 2-3 hours apart.

Proteins: eggs, chicken breast, steak, tuna, and turkey breast

Calories: Sweet Potatoes, Oats, and Rice

Throw in some greens every once in awhile. Don't really cheat much, but every once in awhile Ill eat a burger.

I hit ~2700 cals/day and 170g protein/day.

Any comments or improvements in this diet, they would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty new to the dieting part of it all.

My split:

Monday - Legs
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - Chest/Tris
Thursday - Back/bis
Friday - cardio
Saturday - Shoulders/abs
Sunday - Cardio

Once again any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be starting with Chest/tris later this afternoon. Lookin forward to it!

-Peace

C.Coronato
11-25-09, 2:16 pm
Looking good brother, and over coming adversity like that is no joke. Thats awesome man.

As far as the diet goes, are you trying to bulk or cut?

justpushit
11-25-09, 8:47 pm
As far as the diet goes, are you trying to bulk or cut?

Honestly I'm trying to gain as much strength as possible, while keeping it as lean as possible. Does that make sense?

justpushit
11-25-09, 8:55 pm
Today was Chest/tris...here's how it went.

Warmed up with 2 sets of push-ups, to get the blood flowin.

Flat Barbell - 115 X 10
135 X 10
145 X 8
145 X 6
155 X 2

Incline Barbell - 95 X 10
95 X 10
105 X 7
105 X 5

Iso Lateral Incline Machine - 45(each arm) X 10
55(each arm) X 8
55(each arm) X 5

Close-grip press - 95 X 10
95 X 10
95 X 8
95 X 7

Ez-bar Pull-overs - 40 X 10
50 X 10
50 X 10
50 X 10

Skull Crushers - 40 X 10,10,10

Rope pull downs - 50 X 10,10,9

Strait bar push-downs - 60 X 10,10,10
Strait bar pill-downs - 40 X 10,10,10

Flat Fly Machine - 85 X 10,10,10

Took me about an hour and twenty to finish. Got a great pump from it. Any comments or suggestions, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

- Peace

justpushit
11-27-09, 12:37 pm
Can't wait for tomorrow. The gym was closed yesterday and today. Will be back in the thick of things tomorrow morning.

- peace