PDA

View Full Version : The search for lunch today

Joey D
11-27-09, 2:32 pm
I did not want to eat my own food today,so I decided I would have a cheesesteak. My bright idea of the day was to go to Tony Lukes.12:30 on a friday,it had to be 35 40 deep today! Ok,not waitin in that line.next? John's roast Pork about 2 miles away. But I know that John's is closed today,I drive down anyway. next! How about a Nicks Roast Beef? 25 blocks away! To hungry for that! What about Chickies Italian Deli? Excellent idea. But that was a crap shoot too,yet anlther good spot where the line can get pretty bad. No one in the joint! 2 meatball sandwiches please and a fully leaded Coke. Outstanding!

Joe D

C.Coronato
11-30-09, 9:42 am
I did not want to eat my own food today,so I decided I would have a cheesesteak. My bright idea of the day was to go to Tony Lukes.12:30 on a friday,it had to be 35 40 deep today! Ok,not waitin in that line.next? John's roast Pork about 2 miles away. But I know that John's is closed today,I drive down anyway. next! How about a Nicks Roast Beef? 25 blocks away! To hungry for that! What about Chickies Italian Deli? Excellent idea. But that was a crap shoot too,yet anlther good spot where the line can get pretty bad. No one in the joint! 2 meatball sandwiches please and a fully leaded Coke. Outstanding!

Joe D

Damn .. all you Philly dudes have great food establishments. I need to venture out there soon.

Alk
11-30-09, 10:59 am
Dude Jim's Cheesesteaks on South Street when you're on an offday, freaking amazing.

On Letting Go
11-30-09, 11:03 am
I've only been to Philly one time, it was a day trip for work. Had a cheesesteak at a little shop called Pat's Steaks.

Not sure if thats one of the legit Philly spots or not... but it was DAMN good.

Joey D
11-30-09, 1:09 pm
Alk,

I live 3 blocks from South street,Jim's had a great steak, I agree.

Joe D