PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pump - how do i make it work?

keeny
11-30-09, 3:00 am
hi all ..

i've been reading through the forums for a while now & am just posting with my question, so its technically my first post .. i am currently using Pump pre-workout .. but somehow am not feelin it .. am i taking it all wrong .. should i increase my dosage or my diet .. how do i make Pump work ..

here're some details bout me ..

Am 33 yrs and I've been working out for years now, but more on-and-off style due to my work but would still call it regular. I can't let 2 days pass by without getting my workout, as the discomfort in the body becomes unbearable .. am happiest in the gym doing my thing..

my goal is to put on more muscle, increase some on mass, reduce fat and get definition while keeping myself around my current weight

weight - 73kg (161 pounds)
body fat - 15.6% (goal <10%)
food intake - am vegetarian by choice. I consume dairy products, egg whites are my main source of protein intake daily
supplements am taking - animal cuts (on the 2nd box, 2 packs / day), animal pak (first box), animal pump (first box), whey protein (2 scoops /day)

my route & diet:
0600/0630 hrs - animal cuts 1st pak
cardio for 15-20 min (have not been very regular with this, trying to get myself to workout in the morning. I workout in the evening)
0800 hrs - breakfast - 4 egg whites, 2 butter toast, 1 glass of milk + animal pak
1200 hrs - lunch - usually rice + veggies + 2 scrambled eggs
1500 hrs - am hungry again, but nothing specific planned for this time. Usually fill this up with pack of peanuts, couple of oranges and/or banana
1700 hrs - some more peanuts & oranges (am planning to bring in 2 scoops of my whey protein shake here)
1900 hrs - animal cuts 2nd pak
1930 hrs - animal pump
1945 hrs - am at the gym for 1.5+ hours (or whatever time it takes to complete my workout). I drink water regularly throughout.
I prepare my PWO shake (water & whey) before I start my workout & sip it when I feel like my body needs somethin more than water
2100 hrs - PWO drink
2130/2200 hrs - dinner - 4 egg whites, green salad, veggies (have moved away from rice)
2330 hrs - before hitting the bed - 1 glass of milk

my workout routine:
I work-out at least 5 days a week
Monday - back+biceps followed by HIIT
Tuesday - Body weight training routine*
Wednesday - Chest+triceps followed by HIIT
Thursday - Body weight training routine*
Friday - Shoulders + HIIT
Saturday/Sunday - legs+some back (as you would notice legs getting least attention)

* This was the IWSPA program that i completed; now in a different routine. Helped a lot to get my core & strength stronger

i drink plenty of water throughout the day and as a result of that i piss plenty too .. so that seems to be happening right (for the cuts)

before jumping to animal pump, i was taking up NO XXXXXX (of another brand), which was powder form. My body got used to it during the 2nd tub, but I always felt the rush and ofcourse coz I felt the taste. With Pump, I think coz my tongue doesn:t feel it or something else, am not feeling the pump through my workout..

sorry for the long post, but i wanted to put all the details that might be required to help me with my question ..

What am I doing wrong and how do I make Animal Pump work for me?

thanks in advance..

Aggression
11-30-09, 8:58 am
Your body has developed a high tolerance to stimulants, thus you are not feeling the 'energy effects' of Pump. I'm assuming you didn't take a break between Pump and NO-Explode, right? You didn't allow your body to recover from stimulants. Also, Cuts has a stimulant in each pack as well. So you're throwing 3 doses of stimulants into your system per day when your body already has a high tolerance for them due to previous products.

Pump won't give you the type of 'kick' that an NO-XXXXX will. If that's what you're looking for, take a look at Shock Therapy. But before that, I'd suggest taking a few weeks worth of a break from all stimulants (Cuts, Pump, etc), to reset your system.

keeny
11-30-09, 9:44 am
Your body has developed a high tolerance to stimulants, thus you are not feeling the 'energy effects' of Pump. I'm assuming you didn't take a break between Pump and NO-XXXXX, right? You didn't allow your body to recover from stimulants. Also, Cuts has a stimulant in each pack as well. So you're throwing 3 doses of stimulants into your system per day when your body already has a high tolerance for them due to previous products.

Pump won't give you the type of 'kick' that an NO-XXXXX will. If that's what you're looking for, take a look at Shock Therapy. But before that, I'd suggest taking a few weeks worth of a break from all stimulants (Cuts, Pump, etc), to reset your system.

Thanks Aggression .. I think get the point ..

a little bit more on the background, just to make sure I do the right thing moving forward ..

I've been taking only whey protein over the years, with creatine on & off and occassional glutamine intake .. took NO-Xplode starting September this year, and stopped in the middle of the second pack and yes, you're right, i didn't give a big break in between, only didn't take anything over the weekend before starting with Pump ..

However, i did cycle the cuts with 1 week off .. was taking 1 pack a day earlier, now am on 2 .. i do not consume any caffeine so i think my system should react to the stimulant pretty well ...

so here's what I understand i should do .. take myself off all the stuff (Pump, Cuts & Pak) for about 2 weeks and then resume them again .. I should continue with the whey intake .. was thinking of putting in Torrent as my PWO, as am running out of my Whey Protein in about 1.5 weeks time .. maybe put Torrent once I my system is brand new ..

would be great if you could also suggest - if there's anything else i should do / not do (in terms of consumption etc) during this time off from all the paks and/or any sequence I should follow when I resume in 2 weeks time wud be great help ..

thanks again for your response ..

MELTDOWN
11-30-09, 3:24 pm
One thing to keep in mind is that Pump sorta just hangs out and sneaks up on you (pump and energy wise) whereas Shock Therapy smacks you in the face and wakes you and your body up. I have alternated between both, ever since we built Pump, with good results and no need to wait between the 2 brands. Our course your results may vary, void where prohibited, blah blah blah

keeny
11-30-09, 6:25 pm
One thing to keep in mind is that Pump sorta just hangs out and sneaks up on you (pump and energy wise) whereas Shock Therapy smacks you in the face and wakes you and your body up. I have alternated between both, ever since we built Pump, with good results and no need to wait between the 2 brands. Our course your results may vary, void where prohibited, blah blah blah

That's exactly the feelin I was looking for with Pump .. guess gotta give Shock therapy a try .. will do after the recommended break ..

thanks man..

JasonG
11-30-09, 6:40 pm
Cycle off No products for a little bit and then give shock therapy a try or maybe even give pump another look. I will tell you shock will be a little bit more mild than the product I think you were taking but shock is better for you with "therapy" piece in it. When I cycle off No I take a bcaa drink with b vitamins in it for a different type of energy. It's not a huge kick of energy but it's good. EAA stack or EAA nitro are good ones. You can even add some creatine mono to it.

keeny
12-01-09, 9:24 am
Cycle off No products for a little bit and then give shock therapy a try or maybe even give pump another look. I will tell you shock will be a little bit more mild than the product I think you were taking but shock is better for you with "therapy" piece in it. When I cycle off No I take a bcaa drink with b vitamins in it for a different type of energy. It's not a huge kick of energy but it's good. EAA stack or EAA nitro are good ones. You can even add some creatine mono to it.

Starting today, I killed all Animal products intake; Cuts, Pump, Pak. Maybe it was too sudden a stop for my body, nothing major, but the workout today wasn't the best I've had and my body evidently felt depleted earlier. Maybe its a good thing, as it means when I start back with Pump / Shock Therapy, would have better effect.

btw Jason, could you help me with reference of "Therapy piece in it". Am sure i didn't get the point there.

JasonG
12-01-09, 5:16 pm
"It has a healthier formula. Since Shock Therapy helps your body produce more nitric oxide, you need an anti-oxidant complex to scavenge the harmful free radicals that are released as a result of the nitric oxide process. Our competitors aren't keeping your health in mind; we are."

That is the "therapy piece" of shock therapy. Sorry that was vague if you aren't familar with the product.

BTW pak is a foundational supplement which means you don't need to cycle off of it.

keeny
12-03-09, 11:12 pm
thanks Jason ..

In that case, I think I would get started with the pack and wait for another week and half to get back to Pump & Cuts.

Incidentally, Universal products are not available except for one specific store, here in Tokyo. And that one store, which is in US base (restricted area) doesnt have stock of Shock Therapy / Torrent. Guess I will be finishing these two packs before I reach shock therapy.

JasonG
12-04-09, 12:34 am
thanks Jason ..

In that case, I think I would get started with the pack and wait for another week and half to get back to Pump & Cuts.

Incidentally, Universal products are not available except for one specific store, here in Tokyo. And that one store, which is in US base (restricted area) doesnt have stock of Shock Therapy / Torrent. Guess I will be finishing these two packs before I reach shock therapy.

No problem bro. Do you live on base then? If so you could order online from bodybuilding.com, for example, if you have an APO/ AE address. I don't have access directly to any Universal products directly where I'm at, but the wife knows every 44 days it's time to send me a care package :-)

keeny
12-04-09, 1:59 am
No problem bro. Do you live on base then? If so you could order online from bodybuilding.com, for example, if you have an APO/ AE address. I don't have access directly to any Universal products directly where I'm at, but the wife knows every 44 days it's time to send me a care package :-)

Lucky you.. : )

I don:t belong to the forces. I just traveled to Tokyo for my day-time-work (will be heading back shortly). Had carried my supply of stuff for the time I thought I:d be sticking around, but then the time extended and supplies ran out

gotta be careful next time..

cheers..

keeny
12-07-09, 8:35 pm
folks .. i would be finishing my 2 week sabbatical from Pump & Cuts (started the Pack earlier this week, i.e. 1 week gap) .. the workouts have been fine, but I've missed the intensity & the pump ..

is there a recommended stack that I should follow to maximize the results & output .. given that I have no option to get my hands on torrent / shock therapy .. i have pack of pump & cuts with me .. along with whey ..

any recommendations?