PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Weightlifting PRs

TigerAce01
11-30-09, 7:46 pm
Huuuuge day for me brothers! Today was my final max effort day before the ABC on the 12th. It went even better than expected!

Snatch - 55lbs x 3, 105lbs x 1, 115lbs x 1, 125lbs x 1, 135lbs x 1 (PR) ...this has been a major goal for me since I first snatched, I have been wanting this for so long, and I finally got it!

Clean and Jerk - 135lbs x 1, 185lbs x 1, 200lbs x 1 (PR) ...another huge milestone, this is a bodyweight clean and jerk, the first big milestone for a weightlifter.

I very well could have gone heavier, everything felt so extremely light, but I am stashing my ego for the 12th. Expect big things for the Orlando ABC!!! My target weights are : 145lbs Snatch, 225lbs C&J.

Now it's time for my taper.

-Ace

shizz702
11-30-09, 7:54 pm
Right on bro!

I remember the first time I snatched 135 I was stoked too! Something about being able to just throw that kind of weight overhead in one motion that feels damn good. But in my case I never learned to actually snatch correctly and would just muscle it up lol, due to form issues I never pursued olympic lifting but still dab in it once in a while, cause they are fun.

Good going on that c and j too, a bodyweight clean and jerk is like you said the first major milestone, time to up the ante now and keep bumping it up!

You plan on competing in the future?

TigerAce01
11-30-09, 8:10 pm
Right on bro!

I remember the first time I snatched 135 I was stoked too! Something about being able to just throw that kind of weight overhead in one motion that feels damn good. But in my case I never learned to actually snatch correctly and would just muscle it up lol, due to form issues I never pursued olympic lifting but still dab in it once in a while, cause they are fun.

Good going on that c and j too, a bodyweight clean and jerk is like you said the first major milestone, time to up the ante now and keep bumping it up!

You plan on competing in the future?

Thank you very much brother, this is just the start, it's all out from here! I do plan on competing for the first time early next year. I feel like I finally found something with the iron that I truly connect with. I know these weights are small in comparison with the big picture, but it's only been about a month I've been truly training for Oly lifts only, and I absolutely love it. I have been doing almost only technique work for the past month, now it's perfect, and as you said, it's time to up the ante and push myself to the limits. My short term goals are my targets at the ABC. My long term goal is to eventually make it to a national level event.

I also tried a new focusing technique tonight. I took it from Diego Sanchez, the lightweight no. 1 contender of the UFC. While he enters the Octagon, he visualizes the fight, and everytime he visualizes himself making an action, such as a punch, he says "yes". I visualized my lifts intensely, and everytime I saw myself snapping the lift, I simply said "yes". It was the most focused I have ever been. Give it a try.

-Ace

t_mh
11-30-09, 8:12 pm
Awesome job, man. That 225 clena and jerk will be sweet. Keep it up.

shizz702
11-30-09, 8:20 pm
Nice bro!

I've recently been employing a new technique that was inspired from this scene off Facing the Giants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSM1mvMypWU&feature=related where before a maximal set or PR attempt I ask myself if I'm truly going to give it my very best and resolve that I'm going to have to ask myself if I really gave it my all afterward. And I'm gonna be damned if I fuck around with half hearted effort.

Anyways, imo learning truly correct technique on the big 2 oly lifts is worthy of merit in itself. I've read many articles and watched tons of vids on them, and appreciate how damn technical, and at the same time beautiful those lifts are when executed correctly. And from what I gather once the form is down, the weight goes up quick. Just stay dedicated like I know you will and I'm sure you'll leave your mark in the oly game!

TigerAce01
11-30-09, 8:45 pm
Nice bro!

I've recently been employing a new technique that was inspired from this scene off Facing the Giants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSM1mvMypWU&feature=related where before a maximal set or PR attempt I ask myself if I'm truly going to give it my very best and resolve that I'm going to have to ask myself if I really gave it my all afterward. And I'm gonna be damned if I fuck around with half hearted effort.

Anyways, imo learning truly correct technique on the big 2 oly lifts is worthy of merit in itself. I've read many articles and watched tons of vids on them, and appreciate how damn technical, and at the same time beautiful those lifts are when executed correctly. And from what I gather once the form is down, the weight goes up quick. Just stay dedicated like I know you will and I'm sure you'll leave your mark in the oly game!

That really means a lot to me brother, I appreciate your words. It's posts like yours that keep me and so many others on the FORVM dedicated and constantly pushing. I think I'll give that visualization technique. It's simple, to the point, and is real.

-Ace

Hercules
11-30-09, 8:51 pm
Nice work! I've never snatched in my life but I can clean and jerk. We'll see whatcha got on the 12th... ;)

TigerAce01
11-30-09, 9:08 pm
Nice work! I've never snatched in my life but I can clean and jerk. We'll see whatcha got on the 12th... ;)

Oh it's on haha You can be the judge on whether or not it's a good lift!

-Ace

mcbeast
12-01-09, 4:15 pm
[QUOTE=shizz702;852415]Nice bro!

Yeah, You got it from me! Ive had this link on my signature for some time now..THIEF!

Great work Tigerace!

calcaneous
12-01-09, 4:47 pm
damn impressive. I love that weight you are throwing around for the C+P.

squattingtillipuke
12-01-09, 5:24 pm
congrats bro...very impressive new prs!!!

rev8ball
12-01-09, 6:52 pm
Huuuuge day for me brothers! Today was my final max effort day before the ABC on the 12th. It went even better than expected!

Snatch - 55lbs x 3, 105lbs x 1, 115lbs x 1, 125lbs x 1, 135lbs x 1 (PR) ...this has been a major goal for me since I first snatched, I have been wanting this for so long, and I finally got it!

Clean and Jerk - 135lbs x 1, 185lbs x 1, 200lbs x 1 (PR) ...another huge milestone, this is a bodyweight clean and jerk, the first big milestone for a weightlifter.

I very well could have gone heavier, everything felt so extremely light, but I am stashing my ego for the 12th. Expect big things for the Orlando ABC!!! My target weights are : 145lbs Snatch, 225lbs C&J.

Now it's time for my taper.

-Ace

Great job, bro!

There is something special about putting up a PR in the O-lifts, isn't there? With such a high level of technique, and knowing that most people have no idea where to even begin with these lifts, being able to move that kind of weight like that gets the T pumping! I will never forget my first PR, and neither will you.

Looking forward to some big moves on the 12th!

shizz702
12-01-09, 8:29 pm

Yeah, You got it from me! Ive had this link on my signature for some time now..THIEF!

Great work Tigerace!

Actually I did lol, glad you have that in your sig cause it certainly is an inspiring scene!

I ended up renting the movie after watching that clip.

BryanSmash!
12-01-09, 8:52 pm
Nice PRs Tiger! Oly lifts are hella fun, and give you great explosive power!

TigerAce01
12-01-09, 10:29 pm

Great work Tigerace!

Thanks a lot brother! And at least he stole a good quote right?? haha

damn impressive. I love that weight you are throwing around for the C+P.

Much appreciated calcaneous, it'll only get better from here! Mark my words, 315lbs by 2011!!

congrats bro...very impressive new prs!!!

Thank you brother!

Great job, bro!

There is something special about putting up a PR in the O-lifts, isn't there? With such a high level of technique, and knowing that most people have no idea where to even begin with these lifts, being able to move that kind of weight like that gets the T pumping! I will never forget my first PR, and neither will you.

Looking forward to some big moves on the 12th!

I'm treating the 12th as a meet and tapering accordingly, so I'm very excited to see what I can do. And it's so true about hitting a goal PR in Oly lifting...it's a culmination of explosiveness, strength, technique, and sheer hard work...nothing like it. Thank you very much! I'll remember these PRs like I remember the first time I got a pump!

Nice PRs Tiger! Oly lifts are hella fun, and give you great explosive power!

Thanks brother, and so true! So much fun, and I can jump like crazy all of a sudden haha

-Ace