PDA

View Full Version : Meal Timing for a Desk Junky?

Extreme
12-01-09, 8:13 am
Anyone else out there have an office job, that has them sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day? And if so what does your diet look like and what are the timing of your meals?

I feel like I shouldn't be eating all that much while at work b/c my body is pretty much at rest and isn't burning up many calories. Am I wrong for thinking like this?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ladies and gents.

IronWilson
12-01-09, 11:30 am
You are not wrong in thinking the way you are. I am bulking and the only time I consume carbs is around my workout and at breakfast. Other than that, it's just protein and fats because those carbs will not be utilized while I am sitting at my desk.

Northman
12-01-09, 11:49 am
I sit in a truck for 12-16 hours a day yet I still eat a lot. I try to get in an average of 6000 kcals a day. These are primarily from protein and carbohydrates with still a good percentage (probably 25-30%) of my kcals from fats.

Beach91
12-01-09, 11:58 am
I have a desk/sales n service job, and when bulking I eat yams every 2 hrs. I think it all depends on how your diet is setup and how your calories are spread out through your daily meals.

I train about an hour after work, so i find it very beneficial to consume carbs at all my meals throughout the day leading up to my training session. When i finish training, it is later at night, i still consume a great deal of carbs after training, as well as in the middle of the night, so i dont really buy into the ideas that eating carbs while sitting is not beneficial and will simply be stored as bodyfat, or the ideas that carbs late at night are killer.

my experience and 2 pennies
beach

IRBS
12-01-09, 11:59 am
I am behind a desk most of the day when I am home. Eat your meals just as you would normally. I eat every 2.5-3 hours. As long as its clean and you arent over eating, you wont get fat. If your training and diet are in check, you shouldnt have anything to worry about.

Extreme
12-01-09, 12:25 pm
Thanks to all for the timely replies! I'll just continue to work the schedule I've been on, just concentrating harder on eating cleaner. I was just getting frustrated b/c I wasn't losing body fat as fast as I would like, and thought maybe me being inactive all day could have had something to do with. I guess I just need a little more patience!

C.Coronato
12-01-09, 12:56 pm
Thanks to all for the timely replies! I'll just continue to work the schedule I've been on, just concentrating harder on eating cleaner. I was just getting frustrated b/c I wasn't losing body fat as fast as I would like, and thought maybe me being inactive all day could have had something to do with. I guess I just need a little more patience!

Increase the cardio if you have a sedentary job like that, i wouldnt mess with the diet, as long as your eating every 2.5-3 hours and your metabolism is moving, your good.

NJC_Manhattan
12-01-09, 3:00 pm
Anyone else out there have an office job, that has them sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day? And if so what does your diet look like and what are the timing of your meals?

I feel like I shouldn't be eating all that much while at work b/c my body is pretty much at rest and isn't burning up many calories. Am I wrong for thinking like this?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ladies and gents.

I'm normally in the office for 9-11 hrs per day for about 6 days a week. A cooler should become your friend.

Take a quick walk every 2-3hrs for like 10mins for minimal exercise and some added sanity.

Up cardio in your workouts.

stumblin54
12-01-09, 7:42 pm
Your CHO will be burned in the same fashion whether you're sitting behind a desk or chopping wood in the yard. You'll be burning more cals with the latter of course, but if you are training with the right intensity and your workouts are going well then eat as you would no matter what you do during the day. Eating every 2-4 hours is ALWAYS necessary.

Stumblin