PDA

View Full Version : Arm mass exercises for tall people

cbk4
12-01-09, 10:06 pm
Yo guys, its bad enough being at a disadvantage on bench and most exercises, but im 6'5" and have been having trouble for years trying to add mass to my arms. Is there any exercises / rep schedules in particular that you have found to help? thanks

shizz702
12-01-09, 10:10 pm
I feel ya bro, I'm 6'3" and my arms are stubborn too.

Best thing for the tris in my opinion are weighted dips, close grip benches, and heavy extensions. For the biceps, weighted undergrip chins, barbell curls, and incline db curls.

Work those into a set and rep scheme that works for you. Focus on gaining weight if arm gains are your main priority.

stumblin54
12-02-09, 12:09 am
HEAVY compounds, mostly squats and deadlifts along with your arm workout will make them grow like weeds. Besides that, the same arm workouts apply to most of the population and will work. Try supersets/giant sets/heavy lifting low rep/light lifting high rep/anything else you can think of too. The key is to keep them guessing, but be STRICT in all your lifts, unless you're performing cheat curls or anything of that nature. Don't forget that genetics play a big role in arm development, just as they do in any other muscle.

Stumblin

prowrestler
12-02-09, 12:12 am
Yo guys, its bad enough being at a disadvantage on bench and most exercises, but im 6'5" and have been having trouble for years trying to add mass to my arms. Is there any exercises / rep schedules in particular that you have found to help? thanks

same as short guys...

your just gonna be bigger long term man

theharjmann
12-02-09, 5:21 am

train
eat
sleep

and give it TIME (i.e years and years, not months)

same as any muscle group for any sized person

GODSEY
12-02-09, 4:17 pm
to the OP, I have been very happy supersetting bis and tris for a nice pump, and of late really focusing on machine preacher curls for bis and skullcrushers for tris. Also adding weight overall is a must to add size to arms. Im 6 3", 235... Also doing an arm day all on its own has been good, despite those who say dont. :)

JasonG
12-02-09, 4:42 pm
I don't buy into the whole short vs tall thing. I think we are pretty much proportionate no matter the height. I am short and have shorter muscle bellies than a taller person. It might take longer to build the mass too look big but in the end you'll be bigger than a shorter person. Make sense?

BionicMasterPiece
12-02-09, 7:05 pm

everyone is built the same, some people are short and they cant grow muscle for shit, some people are tall and they cant grow muscle for shit....heres the reason....its mainly because they dont know how....thats the hardcore truth bro, here take this advice, are you a free weight only user? if you arnt you should be....dont even touch a damn machine, oh and eat like a bull!! 6-8 times a day whole food meals, loads of good fats, aswell....good luck and grow son grow!!

SailinScotty
12-02-09, 10:06 pm
Try this routine out.
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=272&section=
I've been doing it the last few weeks and really enjoyed it. The other day it had my arms feeling like they were going to rip through the skin.

Angst
12-02-09, 10:10 pm
Try this routine out.
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=272&section=
I've been doing it the last few weeks and really enjoyed it. The other day it had my arms feeling like they were going to rip through the skin.

X2 Schak knows his stuff. His routine for other bodyparts works great too.

SailinScotty
12-02-09, 10:38 pm
X2 Schak knows his stuff. His routine for other bodyparts works great too.

Yes he does. I've been following the rest of that routine. The leg day is brutal.

TigerAce01
12-02-09, 11:04 pm
Yes he does. I've been following the rest of that routine. The leg day is brutal.

Schak's routines were my first dive into serious training. I credit those routines with building my foundation.

-Ace

t_mh
12-02-09, 11:25 pm
same as short guys...

This was my first thought...

SolidTongan
12-03-09, 3:24 am
Focus on the negative though. You'll see a shit load of guys heavin' up weight with small arms because they neglect the negative. 2nd...how much do you weigh?

BionicMasterPiece
12-03-09, 10:09 am
Schak's routines were my first dive into serious training. I credit those routines with building my foundation.

-Ace

Just read his articles....insane....

jarHunter
12-03-09, 2:37 pm
I thought this was in interesting piece....

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_tall_guys_get_jacked

SailinScotty
12-03-09, 4:15 pm
I thought this was in interesting piece....

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/how_tall_guys_get_jacked

Nice find.