PDA

View Full Version : PerseverancE, The Name of the Game.

PerseverancE
12-02-09, 5:26 am
Perseverance: "Persisting in or remaining constant to a purpose, idea or task in spite of obstacles."

The word, perseverance means alot to me, it is tatooed down my left forearm, it has been a cold way of life at times, and at times meant prosperous achievement. Doubtlessly, the word and its meaning have much to do with the iron/strength game. I was known as diesel1976 on here previously. It is turning out again to be a rough year at the end, but training must stay in the frontline of my mind. The name of my game is Perseverance right now, hence the title, and by definition, describes our way of life to a T.

To those who do not yet know me, strongman competition and training to be big and strong are what I do. Trained twice today and have insomnia or I wouldn't be here now. I do miss you animal brethren on here and am glad to be back, although will probably be less than before.

On to training

I am training my basic movements heavy right now with 5or 8 sets of 5 with adequate rest, then hitting the rest of that bodypart with compound, drop, or supersets with fairly short (30-60 second rest time) rests and do cardio with my dog at the park in the early AM. I will elaborate more on the training as I go through the week.

Diet.
Cardio
8AM: Shake, 75gprotein, 25 carb
8:15AM: 1 cup oatmeal

11AM: 2 chicken breasts, noodles, marinara sauce

2PM: 10oz, flank steak, 1 cup rice and a shitload of hot sauce (sricha)

5PM: Repeat same shake
6:30: preworkout: preworkout NO stuff, beta ala9
Train7-8PM
8PM: postworkout: 3 scoops torrent
8:20: 50g whey in milk or water
9PM Dinner which varies from day to day right now.

Midnight: Shake before bed. 60g protein.

Will start posting workouts soon.

PerseverancE
12-02-09, 5:40 am
Here is todays workout:

Seated Military Press: pyramid style tonight. Reps of 25/15/8/5/2/20 Started and ended with 135 and peaked out at 315.

Seated side raise: 4x20-10 slow reps
Compound with
Rear Delt Machine: 4x 20-10

Seated one arm db raise: 55x8 quadruple drop (80x7, 55x10, 40x10, 25x13)

That was it tonight, In and Out

PerseverancE
12-02-09, 12:00 pm
On track so far today. Cardio in and dog tired in one fell swoop. And on track with nutrition so far.

Arms tonight

wedge
12-02-09, 2:22 pm
Nice military presses bro.

PerseverancE
12-02-09, 8:32 pm
Nice military presses bro.

Thanks wedge, had a video up on photobucket from a year ago of me barely getting a seated press with 405, and I mean barely. If I can remember my password, Ill post the links in my sig.

PerseverancE
12-03-09, 11:06 am
Last night I hit Legs, not arms, because my upper body was just too damn sore.

Legs:
Leg Ext:
super with 4 sets each of 25/15/10/8
Leg Curl:

45 Degree Leg Press: 4 sets of 50/25/15/12

Horizontal Leg Press: 4 sets of 20/15/12/8 with 3 drop sets to "glory" as pro says....

DB SL Dead: 2x12

DB step up: 2x10 each leg.

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did 35 minutes of cardio with my dog this morning. good start to the day