PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with my diet?

Vinnie Lota
12-02-09, 7:06 pm
I'm 16 years old and I need a Diet that will give me some serous lean mass. Does anyone have a specific meal plan for someone my age? I need to know what it is, when to eat, and how to cook it. My diet is not working out for me, I need to hear from the professionals or at least people who know what they are talking about. I'm 225 pounds with around 22% body fat I hope this helps, ask for more info. if needed.

Thanks I really Appreciate this!!!!

LegendKillerJosh
12-02-09, 7:10 pm
http://www.animalpak.com/html/main_sections.cfm?ID=4
^^^everything you need

Kryptonite
12-02-09, 10:05 pm
I would suggest trying to lose some of that body fat (cutting) before you go on a bulk trying to build lean mass, but here's my current diet. I'm about your age and all I've been hearing lately is how I'm really starting to pack on mass. Finally... Haha

Meal 1:
protein powder (~25g protein)
1 cup milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
an apple

Meal 2:
6 large egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup flax seeds
1 tbsp honey
(Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Cook on an oil sprayed/rubbed pan until golden brown, flip and cook opposite side. Add Splenda to taste.)

Meal 3:
8 oz chicken breast
1/4 cup brown rice
1 cup vegetables
1 oz almonds (~24)

Meal 4:
8 oz chicken breast
8 oz yams
1 cup vegetables
1 oz almonds (~24)

PWO:

Meal 5:
1 can tuna (~6-7 oz)
1/2 cup black beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 oz walnuts

Meal 6:
protein powder (about 25g protein)
1 cup milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
a banana

LegendKillerJosh
12-03-09, 11:50 pm
I would suggest trying to lose some of that body fat (cutting) before you go on a bulk trying to build lean mass, but here's my current diet. I'm about your age and all I've been hearing lately is how I'm really starting to pack on mass. Finally... Haha

Meal 1:
1 cup milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
an apple

Meal 2:
6 large egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup flax seeds
1 tbsp honey
(Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Cook on an oil sprayed/rubbed pan until golden brown, flip and cook opposite side. Add Splenda to taste.)

Meal 3:
8 oz chicken breast
1/4 cup brown rice
1 cup vegetables
1 oz almonds (~24)

Meal 4:
8 oz chicken breast
8 oz yams
1 cup vegetables
1 oz almonds (~24)

PWO:

Meal 5:
1 can tuna (~6-7 oz)
1/2 cup black beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 oz walnuts

Meal 6:
protein powder (about 25g protein)
1 cup milk
2 tbsp peanut butter
a banana

For someone thats already 225 and looking to gain mass this isn't enough protein or calories.

BionicMasterPiece
12-04-09, 12:28 am
For someone thats already 225 and looking to gain mass this isn't enough protein or calories.

how would know how much is enough? (please dont take this offensive friend) but bodybuilding is a game of myths, everyone has their own....maybe that diet works for the user, there is no actual amount anyone needs, its about quality not quantity when it comes down to diet, a good 4-6 meals with the "right" foods will get the job done with insane training and maybe some great sex to go along with it?! :)

TylerC
12-04-09, 6:59 pm
why would you put honey in a diet? That's pure sugar.

Too much protein powder too

Appollonian
12-04-09, 7:37 pm

Different sugars digest at different rates. Honey is one of the slower digesting kinds compared with table sugar.

Fury317
12-04-09, 8:07 pm
Different sugars digest at different rates. Honey is one of the slower digesting kinds compared with table sugar.

What? I really hope you are kidding....

trissynashville
12-04-09, 8:38 pm
Honey IS kind of a wonderfood, but it has no place in bodybuilding.

Appollonian
12-05-09, 1:01 am
Glycemic load for honey

http://www.carbs-information.com/glycemic-load/honey.htm

Glycemic load for Gatorade (what I meant to say)

http://web.mit.edu/athletics/sportsmedicine/wcrglycemicindex.html

I never said it was slow digesting, just relatively slower to other sources of sugar.

At the right time of day (morning, post workout) what is wrong with a natural source of sugar? I think it definitely can fit it with a person trying to add mass/lift with intensity in the gym.

Kryptonite
12-05-09, 8:01 am
Honey IS kind of a wonderfood, but it has no place in bodybuilding.

That's an opinion not a fact. But who are you to judge that anyway?

Honey is two things for me and that's why I take 1 tbsp everyday:
1. It tastes good.
2. It gives you energy.

I take it before I go to the gym (usually) and since I don't have access to any pre workout supplements, it helps a lot. I also don't eat like a bodybuilder... I eat like a health freak. I put in foods that are known to have a lot of health benefits. Whenever I hear about a new one, I add it. Everything there has a reason to be there.

Kryptonite
12-05-09, 8:07 am

All I did was post my diet. I wasn't expecting him to follow it, but simply use it as a reference by simply increasing or decreasing the amounts of food (ex: 8 oz chicken breast - 10 oz chicken breast).

Kryptonite
12-05-09, 8:16 am

Honey has a variety of health benefits. Nevermind the fact it gives you energy. What people don't understand is that there are many foods that bodybuilders overlook in the supermarket and there are MANY.

And that's not a lot of protein powder. THat's all I'm going to say about that...

P.S. honey is not pure sugar. 21g of honey has 17g of sugar. Point proven. Haha

TylerC
12-05-09, 5:39 pm
Honey has a variety of health benefits. Nevermind the fact it gives you energy. What people don't understand is that there are many foods that bodybuilders overlook in the supermarket and there are MANY.

And that's not a lot of protein powder. THat's all I'm going to say about that...

P.S. honey is not pure sugar. 21g of honey has 17g of sugar. Point proven. Haha

Honey is pure sucrose, just because it might seem more "natural" because bees make it does not make it so. The bees just do what our body does to sugar. Any type of calorie "gives energy". Whynot just eat Fruits or Legumes instead and get more vitamins and fiber? Yes we need glucose for cns functioning and muscles but there are much better options to get this glucose than honey.

I'm not trying to be a dick here but I just finished a semester of a university nutrition class

and it is a lot of protein powder because that person will be spending a lot of money on powders when they could buy a cheap protein meat and get more benefits (eggs for example). Everything else in the diet looks okay, just switch some of the protein powders for some real food (to get iron, potassium, vitamin b12, etc).

Kryptonite
12-05-09, 9:19 pm
Honey is pure sucrose, just because it might seem more "natural" because bees make it does not make it so. The bees just do what our body does to sugar. Any type of calorie "gives energy". Whynot just eat Fruits or Legumes instead and get more vitamins and fiber? Yes we need glucose for cns functioning and muscles but there are much better options to get this glucose than honey.

I'm not trying to be a dick here but I just finished a semester of a university nutrition class

and it is a lot of protein powder because that person will be spending a lot of money on powders when they could buy a cheap protein meat and get more benefits (eggs for example). Everything else in the diet looks okay, just switch some of the protein powders for some real food (to get iron, potassium, vitamin b12, etc).

Honey gives me more energy than an apple or a banana... That's all I was saying. About 50g worth of protein powder isn't a lot either, it's average... But I just added in the extra 25g because I get home from the gym around 11:30am and I don't eat until 12:00pm. So it's better than nothing. I buy an extremely cheap powder anyway ($30 for a 10 lb bag). Keep in mind that was MY diet I posted for reference and I did not intend for it to be followed 110%. Making all those meals is tough and the protein powder is just quick and easy. But I am thinking about adding in whole foods anyway... If I knew what to add.

Appollonian
12-06-09, 3:34 am

Bro, according to everything I could find honey is 10-35% sucrose

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/webprojects2001/loveridge/index-page3.html

I'm not saying I believe everything I read online, but let me know where you got your information from so I can get my facts straight.

Kryptonite
12-06-09, 8:12 am
Bro, according to everything I could find honey is 10-35% sucrose

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/webprojects2001/loveridge/index-page3.html

I'm not saying I believe everything I read online, but let me know where you got your information from so I can get my facts straight.

Even better... It states, "The carbohydrates present are the monosaccharides fructose (38.2%) and glucose (31%); and disaccharides (~9%) sucrose, maltose, isomaltose, maltulose, turanose and kojibiose." So... Sucrose is a portion of that ~9% from disaccharides. Then if you scroll down there's a pie chart showing you the composition of honey, in the chart it reads that honey is 0.5% sucrose.

I don't know much about any of this crap (for now anyway...), but what I can say now, thanks to Appollonian, you're about 99.5% wrong. Haha

Edit: The following site states the same thing...
http://www-saps.plantsci.cam.ac.uk/records/rec336.htm