PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Goes DC Style... Solid's Journey...

SolidTongan
12-03-09, 3:46 am
It's the winter, and there's no better time to bulk up. I've been training solid for 3 years now which is the recommended "experience level" to even consider going DC. For those who may not know of it, it is called DoggCrapp training. It's a low-volume, high intensity, and higher frequency program which I have spent a lot of time researching from the RIGHT sources (there are a bunch of bullshit websites out there that claim they know, but it's better you learn from DC himself), and the success stories from it have been GREAT! The training is incredibly different from what you're accustomed to, and that is why so many question it. However, I know a few guys who have been using it, and they've made some phenomenal gains! And they used the normal higher volume training that you always see. I'm sticcin' with the nuts and bolts two-way split done on Monday Wednesday and Friday. It's all about progress. Basic principle... strength GAINS = muscle gains. By 2011, I plan to have made more improvements in one year than I have made in two years. I won't accept anything less.

Split is as follows:

Monday:
chest
shoulders
triceps
bacc width
bacc thickness

Wednesday:
biceps
forearms
calves
hamstrings
quads

Friday:
(same split as Monday with different exercises)

Monday:
(same split as Wednesday with different exercises)

SolidTongan
12-03-09, 3:52 am
Chest:
Incline BB press
275lbs x 13RP

Shoulders:
Shoulder Press Machine
4 Plates on each side x 13RP+SH

Triceps:
Dip
90lbs x 14RP

Bacc Width:
Wide Grip Pulldown
225lbs x 14RP

Bacc Thiccness:
Racc Deads below knees
405lbs x 13

RP= rest pause set
SH= static hold for 20seconds
Did 1 minute extreme stretch after each bodypart

SolidTongan
12-03-09, 3:59 am
Biceps:
BB curl
110lbs x 13RP

Forearms:
DB hammer curls
55lbs x 13RP

Calves:
Leg Press
775lbs x 12
(5seconds on the negative and 15second hold on the bottom on each rep)

Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curl
155lbs x 13RP

Quads:
SM Squat
495lbs x 6
Widowmaker set 275lbs x 20

Followed each exercise with 1 minute extreme stretch

I feel like I could've gone heavier with the squats or gotten at LEAST a rep or two on both sets. Definitely looking forward to hittin' them the next round I have SM Squats.

SolidTongan
12-03-09, 4:09 am
I want to get in some morning cardio tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to get it in without taking away from my sleep which is pretty minimal. I'll figure something out though to get some cardio. This is a bulk, but I don't want it to be a sloppy bulk.

mritter3
12-03-09, 8:09 am
man i miss doing dc..how you liking it thus far?....those widowmakers will test your last breath....subbed for this one.

SolidTongan
12-03-09, 4:08 pm
man i miss doing dc..how you liking it thus far?....those widowmakers will test your last breath....subbed for this one.

I love it. There's no better feeling than movin' some heavy weight. How were your gains with it?

SolidTongan
12-04-09, 6:19 pm
'Bout to get ready for day 3 of DC. My legs are incredibly sore from Wednesday's workout. I hope it won't impede on my bacc thiccness workout... I'm gonna do some t-bar rows

SolidTongan
12-05-09, 3:54 pm
Chest:
BB Bench Press
315lbs x 9(RP)

Shoulders:
90lbs x 14(RP+SH)

Triceps:
Tricep extension from the floor
115lbs x 13(RP)

Bacc Width:
BB Row
225lbs x 13(RP)

I didn't get to squeeze in a bacc thiccness workout because I was in rush for work. I hate being rushed because I felt I could've gotten some more reps on everything; it was really hard to focus on those intense sets. I plan on gettin' AT LEAST four more reps on everything the next time theses exercises come in my cycle.

SolidTongan
12-08-09, 4:46 pm
Biceps:
Preacher Curl
115lbs x 17(RP)

Forearms:
Pinwheel DB Curls
65lbs x 14(RP)

Calves:
Seated Calf Machine
155lbs x 12(RP)

Hamstrings:
Romanian Deadlift
315lbs x 12

Quads:
Leg Press
945lbs x 8
Widowmaker set
675lbs x 20

Did 1min extreme stretch after each bodypart. On the leg press, I felt I could've gotten another rep or two on my heavy set. I didn't want to get stucc under the weight though; I could've used a spotter, but no one whom I thought could help was available.

SolidTongan
12-09-09, 12:28 pm
I'm ready for today! I dunno why, but I've been anxiously waiting for today.

mritter3
12-09-09, 1:25 pm
looking great in here man...how those stretches treating ya?

JustJ
12-09-09, 8:51 pm
those are some big numbers for DC...i tried it once before but it didn't do much for me...maybe i was goin too light

SolidTongan
12-10-09, 3:07 am
Chest:
DB Incline
100lbs x 20(RP+N)

Shoulders:
SM Press
275lbs x 9(RP+SH)

Triceps:
CG Bench Press
245lbs x 12(RP)

Bacc Width:
CG Pulldowns
210lbs x 16(RP+SH)

Bacc Thiccness:
Single Arm Rowing Machine
225lbs(each side) x 13(RP)

1min extreme stretch after each bodypart. Went extra slow on the negative portion of the pulldowns; I've always had the tendency to neglect that portion, so I had to drop the weight. Went a li'l too heavy on the shoulder press because I didn't get the minimum of 11reps. On a positive note, I've never done 275lbs on the shoulder press. I was just feelin' it and slapped it on. I know it could've gone bad, but it didn't!

SolidTongan
12-10-09, 3:11 am
looking great in here man...how those stretches treating ya?

They're ridiculously painful. I stretched often before the program, but not for a minute straight. It takes one to another level of mental strength doin' 'em.

SolidTongan
12-10-09, 3:14 am
those are some big numbers for DC...i tried it once before but it didn't do much for me...maybe i was goin too light

Thanks, bro. How long were you doin' the program? Did you go to failure on each rest-pause?

JustJ
12-10-09, 6:23 pm
Thanks, bro. How long were you doin' the program? Did you go to failure on each rest-pause?

not long enough, maybe a couple months. and yea i did go to failure. gettin nervous about the ABC meet, im gonna be the weakest one there haha

SolidTongan
12-11-09, 1:23 am
not long enough, maybe a couple months. and yea i did go to failure. gettin nervous about the ABC meet, im gonna be the weakest one there haha

If you're plannin on givin' it another go, let me know. Naw, don't worry 'bout that last part. It ain't 'bout that. It's all about the rush of liftin' weights and dedication behind it... the love for the iron game is basically what you need, and since you're on this forum, you're good, bro...

SolidTongan
12-11-09, 1:24 am
Workout 1A
Chest:
BB Incline 11-15RP
Shoulders:
Shoulder Press Machine 11-20RP
Triceps:
Dips 11-20RP
Bacc Width:
Front Pulldowns 20-25RP
Bacc Thiccness:
Racc Deads 4-8SS + 8-12SS

Workout 1B
Biceps:
BB Curl 12-20RP
Forearms:
Hammer Curls 12-20SS
Calves:
Leg Press 12SS (DC Style)
Hamstrings:
Lying Leg Curls 15-30RP
Quads:
Leg Press 4-10 and Widomaker set 20 (Both SS)

Workout 2A
Chest:
Flat Bench 20-30RP
Shoulders:
DB Press 15-30RP
Triceps:
Lying Tricep Extension 15-30RP
Bacc Width:
CG Pulldowns 15-30RP
Bacc Thiccness:
T-Bar Rows 5-10 + 10-12

Workout 2B
Biceps:
Preacher Curls 12-20RP
Forearms:
Pinwheel Curls 12-20SS
Calves:
Seated Calf 12SS (DC Style)
Hamstrings:
Romanian Deadlifts 8-12SS
Quads:
SM Squat 4-8 and widomaker 20

Workout 3A
Chest:
DB Incline 15-30RP
Shoulders:
Smith Machine Press 12-20RP
Triceps:
Close Grip Bench 12-20RP
Bacc Width:
CG pulldown 12-30RP
Bacc Thiccness:
Single Arm Rowing Machine 12-20RP

Workout 3B
Biceps:
EZ Bar Curls 12-20RP
Forearms:
Reverse Grip Curls 12-20SS
Calves:
Standing Machine 12SS (DC Style)
Hamstrings:
Seated Hamstring 15-30RP
Quads:
Squats 4-8 and widowmaker set 20 (Both SS)

JustJ
12-11-09, 1:37 am
If you're plannin on givin' it another go, let me know. Naw, don't worry 'bout that last part. It ain't 'bout that. It's all about the rush of liftin' weights and dedication behind it... the love for the iron game is basically what you need, and since you're on this forum, you're good, bro...

thanks man. it should be cool actually, just meetin up with everybody.

i might try to DC around march...gonna need a break from all this low rep stuff so i wanna hit some higher rep stuff and give my joints a rest

SolidTongan
12-12-09, 5:36 pm
Biceps:
EZ bar curl
110lbs x 15(RP)

Forearms:
RG curls
60lbs x 12SS

Calves:
Standing calf raise:
165lbs x 12SS DC style

Hams:
Seated leg curls:
135lbs x 35(RP)

Quads:
Free bar squats
495lbs x 6
Widowmaker on hacc squat
405lbs x 13

I wasn't too happy with this workout. Mentally, I couldn't find it in me, but I gave all of what I had in the workout. I had to rush to the gym to workout after I had gotten off of from work, and I think the feeling of being rushed got to me because the gym was gettin' ready to close. I wasn't able to clear my head for some reason. I can't wait for the next round 'cause I'm gonna destroy these numbers!!!

My forearm exercise wasn't too good either because my pointer finger is still messed up from a previous altercation. I went too heavy on the widowmaker, as you can see. but it's all about takin' things to extreme in DC. I may have gone a li'l too extreme. HOWEVER, I'm gonna use the same weight next round... AND I WILL GET IT FOR 20 REPS!!!

ironshaolin
12-12-09, 5:53 pm
Good shit dude, you're strong as hell. You're really squatting 495 after lifting for 3 years? thats insane. Good stuff. I ran DC for a while, I gained about 30 pounds in 6 months. Problem for me was that it was real tough to recover from, the workouts are just brutal. And with my martial arts training, it affected my recovery.
If you're really only been training 3 years and hitting the numbers you post, I give you lots of respect.

machineman
12-12-09, 5:53 pm
solid work, ST.....def along for the ride....

SolidTongan
12-12-09, 6:36 pm
Good shit dude, you're strong as hell. You're really squatting 495 after lifting for 3 years? thats insane. Good stuff. I ran DC for a while, I gained about 30 pounds in 6 months. Problem for me was that it was real tough to recover from, the workouts are just brutal. And with my martial arts training, it affected my recovery.
If you're really only been training 3 years and hitting the numbers you post, I give you lots of respect.

Thanks, brotha! Yeah, I've only been lifting for 3 years this December, and they're my real numbers.

30 pounds in six months? Damn! That is phenomenal! It only makes me wanna push myself more after hearing success stories like yours.

Yeah, these damn workouts leave me drained and sore for a few days. 1set? Who woulda thought.

SolidTongan
12-12-09, 6:37 pm
solid work, ST.....def along for the ride....

Thanks for stoppin' by, Machine. Glad to have you along...

ironshaolin
12-12-09, 8:55 pm
What kind of training have you been doing up until this point? I ask because it seems you've done something right up until now. I've been lifting about 5 years, my numbers are about 250 on the bench, my best ever deadlift was 375, my best ever squat was 315. I wasted my first year not having any plan whatsoever and just lifting what I felt like. I wasted another year following muscle and fitness routines, so its only been maybe 3 years since I've been training more effectively, but my numbers move up slow. My goal is to be hitting 450 in the deadlift within one year from now.

SolidTongan
12-12-09, 11:03 pm
What kind of training have you been doing up until this point? I ask because it seems you've done something right up until now. I've been lifting about 5 years, my numbers are about 250 on the bench, my best ever deadlift was 375, my best ever squat was 315. I wasted my first year not having any plan whatsoever and just lifting what I felt like. I wasted another year following muscle and fitness routines, so its only been maybe 3 years since I've been training more effectively, but my numbers move up slow. My goal is to be hitting 450 in the deadlift within one year from now.

I did a lot of compound movements, and I did one bodypart per day type stuff with 3-4 exercises and about 3 sets per exercise. I periodized my training. For strength, I did a lot of explosive movements then slapped on the weights and went at it.

For ex:
Chest
SM bench press throws (light weight x 5reps)
Bench press (heaviest weight x at least 6reps)

Legs
Depth jumps or powercleans (light weight x 5reps)
Squat (heaviest weight x at least 6reps)

There were also times I broke up the clean into its phases like the clean pull using about 70-80% of my max clean, and it has helped with my deadlift numbers. I know the pulling is different in DL compared to cleans, but it helped with the drive during DL.

Before I even did DC, I used rest-pause quite a bit during my strength cycle usually because I had no training partner. If I could, I would do forced reps with rest-pause.

I hope this helps a li'l bit.

JustJ
12-13-09, 1:16 am
yea you got some big lifts for three years of training. i started training about 3, maybe 3-1/2 years ago, but probably only knew what i was doing for about the last 1-1/2 to 2, and am still learning. but props to you

SolidTongan
12-14-09, 2:33 pm
yea you got some big lifts for three years of training. i started training about 3, maybe 3-1/2 years ago, but probably only knew what i was doing for about the last 1-1/2 to 2, and am still learning. but props to you

Thanks alot, bro. Hopefully with DC, I'll be able to bump these numbers up.

SolidTongan
12-15-09, 10:28 pm
3rd Week

Chest:
Incline BB Press
275lbs x 14(RP+N) up 2 from first time

Shoulders:
Machine Press
4Plates x 7SS down 5 from last time

Triceps:
Dips
90lbs x 17 up 5 from last time

Bacc Width:
225lbs x 16(RP) up 4 from last time

Bacc Thiccness:
Racc deads
545lbs x 6
495lbs x 3

Yesterday was NOT my day! I shouldn't have gone in. I wasn't feeling ready for... and I had a fucced up cold! However, I'm happy that I was still able to improve upon all the other lifts other than shoulders.

For the shoulders, I dunno what went wrong. I was able to get a SS of 7, but couldn't rest-pause it. Went in for the first RP, and I couldn't lift off! I'm still gonna keep the lift, and wait for the next round to see how things go.

For bacc thiccness, I wasn't able to hit the high rep set because my grip was totally gone! I know I could've gotten AT LEAST 8, but the forearms wouldn't allow it. I was using straps too. I'm gonna have to invest in some hooks. On a very good not, movin' 545lbs for 6 reps is something I've never done.

JustJ
12-16-09, 12:46 am
3rd Week

Chest:
Incline BB Press
275lbs x 14(RP+N) up 2 from first time

Shoulders:
Machine Press
4Plates x 7SS down 5 from last time

Triceps:
Dips
90lbs x 17 up 5 from last time

Bacc Width:
225lbs x 16(RP) up 4 from last time

Bacc Thiccness:
Racc deads
545lbs x 6
495lbs x 3

Yesterday was NOT my day! I shouldn't have gone in. I wasn't feeling ready for... and I had a fucced up cold! However, I'm happy that I was still able to improve upon all the other lifts other than shoulders.

For the shoulders, I dunno what went wrong. I was able to get a SS of 7, but couldn't rest-pause it. Went in for the first RP, and I couldn't lift off! I'm still gonna keep the lift, and wait for the next round to see how things go.

For bacc thiccness, I wasn't able to hit the high rep set because my grip was totally gone! I know I could've gotten AT LEAST 8, but the forearms wouldn't allow it. I was using straps too. I'm gonna have to invest in some hooks. On a very good not, movin' 545lbs for 6 reps is something I've never done.

strong strong strong

SolidTongan
12-16-09, 5:44 pm
strong strong strong

Thanks, bro...

SolidTongan
12-19-09, 9:40 pm
Biceps:
BB Curl
LT: 110lbs x 13(RP)
TT: 110lbs x 18(RP)

Forearms:
Hammer Curls
LT: 65lbs x 12(RP)
TT: 45lbs x 12SS

Calves:
Leg Press
LT: 775lbs x 12SS
TT: 785lbs x 12SS

Hams:
Lying Leg Curls
LT: 155lbs x 14(RP)
TT: 155lbs x 19(RP)

Quads:
SM Squats
LT: 495lbs x 6, 275lbs x 20
TT: 495lbs x 7, 295lbs x 20

LT means "last time" TT means "this time"

I had to drop the weight on the hammer curls because I rest-paused it last time, and I was supposed to straight set it.

By far, one of the most satisfying session I've had. Everything was in the positives. I still had a cold, but I was still able to tear this shit up! Still sore as fucc, though.

SolidTongan
12-19-09, 9:47 pm
I didn't do my DC training today because we had an ABC event.

We tore that shit up, though! I should've wrote it down in my log, but I was just so in the moment. Here's what I can somewhat recall (there still might be some error, though):

Racc Deads:
405lbs x 8
495lbs x 6 or 7
495lbs x 9
(My shit was still pretty sore from the squats on thursday, but it still felt good)

CG cable rows:
240lbs x 8
240lbs x 10
240lbs x 10

WG pulldowns:
195lbs x 12
210lbs x 10
225lbs x 7

BB rows:
225lbs x 8
245lbs x 8
255lbs x 8

Standing BB press:
135lbs x 10
185lbs x 10
(I've never done these before, but I like em... I may throw them into my DC rotation)

DB laterals:
35lbs x 10
40lbs x 10
40lbs x 10

Pec-Dec reversals:
150lbs x 10
165lbs x 8
180lbs x 6

ironshaolin
12-19-09, 9:51 pm
Good stuff dude. Lookin strong, as usual. Noticing any gains coming your way from DC yet?

For your deadlift grip, you could try organizing your other lifts to help the grip work out. For instance, I know alot of the Westside guys like high rep dumbell rows with no straps as a grip builder. You could pull out like a 15-30rep rest/pause on those, that would definately help. Also, a great investment is in a pair of tyler grips, goodle search. You can add them on to barbells or dumbells to create a thick bar feel. Do all your bicep/forearm work with thick bars, that will definately strengthen your grip.

I dunno how important grip strength is to you. For me, its super important, but I'm a professional martial artist. I had a deadlift best of 375 with straps, but I really wanted to focus on getting my grip up to snuff so I cut back to 325 without and am working my way back up.

Feel better with the cold dude!

MR.TeachFreak
12-19-09, 9:55 pm
Awesome another DC disciple though I've modified my DC to fit me a bit better. Now that I have been doing DC I don't think I will go back to anything else. Colds suck and I have found out DC can make them a whole lot worse if you let it.

SolidTongan
12-19-09, 10:08 pm
Good stuff dude. Lookin strong, as usual. Noticing any gains coming your way from DC yet?

For your deadlift grip, you could try organizing your other lifts to help the grip work out. For instance, I know alot of the Westside guys like high rep dumbell rows with no straps as a grip builder. You could pull out like a 15-30rep rest/pause on those, that would definately help. Also, a great investment is in a pair of tyler grips, goodle search. You can add them on to barbells or dumbells to create a thick bar feel. Do all your bicep/forearm work with thick bars, that will definately strengthen your grip.

I dunno how important grip strength is to you. For me, its super important, but I'm a professional martial artist. I had a deadlift best of 375 with straps, but I really wanted to focus on getting my grip up to snuff so I cut back to 325 without and am working my way back up.

Feel better with the cold dude!

Thanks, bro. I feel a lot thiccer, and it's only been a li'l less than a month. I like the improvements that have been happening lately.

Thanks for the grip advice! I think on some of the rowing movements, I'll go strapless to help improve my grip; I don't want it to hinder my deadlifts like this past week. I've see a few guys use multiple sponges to grip bars to increase their grip, so I'll give that a go as well because my gym doesn't carry any thicc bars. Grip is important to me as well... generally, in my opinion, stronger grip... bigger forearms. Thanks again for the help!

This cold is slowly easing out of me... I give it a few more days, and I'm good!

SolidTongan
12-19-09, 10:11 pm
Awesome another DC disciple though I've modified my DC to fit me a bit better. Now that I have been doing DC I don't think I will go back to anything else. Colds suck and I have found out DC can make them a whole lot worse if you let it.

I love DC, and it'll definitely be a part of my rotation for good! And ya know what, I think you're right. The intensity just shoots the immune system right after... I'll step out into the cold, and start coughin' my lungs out as if I smoked or somethin'. How have your gains with DC been?

MR.TeachFreak
12-19-09, 10:19 pm
I love DC, and it'll definitely be a part of my rotation for good! And ya know what, I think you're right. The intensity just shoots the immune system right after... I'll step out into the cold, and start coughin' my lungs out as if I smoked or somethin'. How have your gains with DC been?

Freakish at the beginning. Now I am just doing the 5lbs per 2 weeks but I had muscle memory for awhile kicking in after I got sick and lost 50lbs (in 8 weeks) back in March. I haven't been able to do the stretches as much as I want due to time so I will be adding those back in soon now that I am on break and have more time. I learned to not do a DC style workout when I felt a bit sick cause the next day I would always just feel like total crap.

mritter3
12-20-09, 9:31 am
damn tonga...got some heavy ass weights being thrown around in here...keep it up, the deads and sqauts look crazy good.

SolidTongan
12-20-09, 6:16 pm
damn tonga...got some heavy ass weights being thrown around in here...keep it up, the deads and sqauts look crazy good.

Thanks, bro! Hopefully these numbers will keep goin' up.

mritter3
12-20-09, 10:04 pm
Thanks, bro! Hopefully these numbers will keep goin' up.

no where else for them to go right????

Jonisocool
12-20-09, 10:49 pm
Nice DC log!

DC's fun stuff, but I got bored of the volume too fast! But you cant complain with the results.

SolidTongan
12-21-09, 2:12 pm
no where else for them to go right????

Hopefully they won't stay in the same place. Hahaha

SolidTongan
12-21-09, 2:13 pm
Nice DC log!

DC's fun stuff, but I got bored of the volume too fast! But you cant complain with the results.

True that. I kinda got used to the low volume in a short time though

MR.TeachFreak
12-21-09, 4:32 pm
Hopefully they won't stay in the same place. Hahaha

If theres one thing I learned from DC is when you do it right and everything else is on track such as diet, supps, etc. it is hard for your numbers to not go up.

SolidTongan
12-23-09, 2:02 pm
Chest:
Flat Bench
LT: 315lbs x 9RP
TT: 315lbs x 9RP

Shoulders:
DB Press
LT: 90lbs x 15RP+SH
TT: 90lbs x 22RP+N

Triceps:
Lying Tricep Extension
LT: 115lbs x 12RP
TT: 115lbs x 18RP

Bacc Width:
Machine Pulldown
190lbs (each side) x 17RP

Bacc Thiccness:
T-Bar Rows
250lbs x 5
180lbs x 12

I had no spotter for the bench, and I felt like I could've gotten in 2 more reps altogether. I got 9 last time with a spot, and 9 this time by myself which is still an improvement. I know I was supposed to picc a lower weight to get to at least 20-30reps, but it would require me restarting my blast. I'll just have to take note of it during my next blast.

The two bacc exercises have no "LT" because I did the wrong exercises for them, and these were new.

mritter3
12-23-09, 3:06 pm
improving on everything tonga....killing it in here as usual, how u liking DC thus far?

SolidTongan
12-23-09, 3:48 pm
improving on everything tonga....killing it in here as usual, how u liking DC thus far?

Thanks, man. I'm lovin' it. I've gotten to like the stretches as well. Kinda masochistic, huh? Haha! I see why they need the day of rest in between... incredibly intense!

JustJ
12-23-09, 6:11 pm
solid fucking bench man. im telling you, you guys should enter the meet with me!

SolidTongan
01-03-10, 4:56 pm
Shit. I haven't been able to get to a computer lately, but I've still been hittin' the gym. Good thing DC requires you to keep your log or I wouldn't be able to post it. It's in my locker, and I'll post it up soon.

SolidTongan
01-05-10, 12:48 pm
Biceps:
Preacher Curl
LT: 115lbs x 17R
TT: 115lbs x 18R

Forearms:
Pinwheel Curls
LT: 65lbs x 14R
TT: 55lbs x 13SS

Calves:
Seated Mach
LT: 155lbs x 12
TT: 155lbs x 13

Quads:
Leg Press
995lbs x 7
695lbs x 20

Wasn't able to go to the gym for a whole week because of the holiday hours at my gym. I made improvements on my lifts, but I would've liked to get more than just an increase of one rep. I hope to rip it up next time it comes around.

For the forearm exercise, I messed up and rest-paused during the first time, so I had to lower the weight and straight-set it. Not too bad considering it was only a 10lb decrease.

RICER88
01-05-10, 12:52 pm
How do you like the dc training? I am loving every minute of it. especially after the stretch, lol

RICER88

SolidTongan
01-05-10, 12:52 pm
Chest:
DB Incline
LT: 100lbs x 20RN
TT: 100lbs x 22RN

Shoulders:
SM Press
LT: 275lbs x 9R
TT: 275lbs x 10R

Triceps:
CG SM Press
LT: 245lbs x 12R
TT: 245lbs x 13R

Bacc Width:
CG Pulldowns
LT: 210lbs x 16RS
TT: 225lbs x 18RS

Bacc Thiccness:
Single Arm Mach
LT: 5Plates x 13R
TT: 5Plates x 16R

SolidTongan
01-05-10, 12:59 pm
Biceps:
EZ Bar Curl
LT: 110lbs x 15R
TT: 110lbs x 17R

Forearms:
RG Curls
LT: 60lbs x 12
TT: 60lbs x 12

Calves:
Standing Calf Raise
LT: 165lbs x 12
TT: 165lbs x 15

Quads:
Squat
LT: 495lbs x 6
TT: 495lbs x 4
Haccsquat (Widowmaker)
LT: 405lbs x 13
TT: 405lbs x 17

I might have to get rid of the RG curls because my pointer finger is still messed up, so I don't think I reached muscular failure because my finger was a weak point.

For the squats, I may have gone in too early after my warm up sets. I should've gotten myself psyched up first or somethin'. LT I had a spotter, but he didn't do anythin'... I think just havin' him there made me push myself harder. I'm gonna give squats one more go before I let it go.

Haccs, I'm definitely happy with the outcome!

SolidTongan
01-05-10, 1:00 pm
How do you like the dc training? I am loving every minute of it. especially after the stretch, lol

RICER88

I love it. I don't think I'll be able to train any other way anymore! Yeah, I love those stretches as well.

SolidTongan
01-05-10, 1:09 pm
Chest:
BB Incline
LT: 275lbs x 14R
TT: 275lbs x 12R

Shoulders:
Press Mach
LT: 180lbs x 7R
TT: 190lbs x 9R

Triceps:
Dips
LT: 90lbs x 17R
TT: 90lbs x 19RN

Bacc Width:
Front Pulldown
LT: 225lbs x 16R
TT: 225bs x 20RS

Bacc Thiccness:
Racc Deads
Heavy set:
LT: 545lbs x 6
TT: 585lbs x 6
Light set:
LT: 495lbs x 3
TT: 495lbs x 8

I might have to scrap the BB incline and change it with SM incline. I had no spotter, so I really couldn't push it to where I know I could because of the fear of gettin' stucc under the bar. Either that, or get myself a spotter.

I'm gonna have to scrap the Shoulder Press Machine as well. The lift off is tough. I expend more energy tryna get the weight up instead of durin' my actual reps. The first set is fine... the next two rest-pause sets, I can barely get lift off. For example, this is how it went... 7reps, 1rep, 1rep... that ain't right

RICER88
01-05-10, 1:21 pm
I love it. I don't think I'll be able to train any other way anymore! Yeah, I love those stretches as well.

I hear ya man, I dont think I could achieve that much intensity with volume training, that one all out sets makes sure you dont have anything left in the tank by the end.

RICER88

mritter3
01-05-10, 1:33 pm
big numbers in here tonga....keep that up looks like dc is treating ya well.

SolidTongan
01-05-10, 2:13 pm
I hear ya man, I dont think I could achieve that much intensity with volume training, that one all out sets makes sure you dont have anything left in the tank by the end.

RICER88

I feel ya, bro... It's hard to even squeeze cardio in after as well.

SolidTongan
01-05-10, 2:13 pm
big numbers in here tonga....keep that up looks like dc is treating ya well.

Thanks, bro. The log book has become an obsession. Hahahaha

JustJ
01-05-10, 7:15 pm
haha i like how your light sets for rack deads is more than i can rack dead period

alquemy
07-16-10, 2:30 pm
Yo Tongan...how's the diet coming along? I'm STARVING!!!!!!...but I'm in the rhythm and it's feelling good.

SolidTongan
08-26-10, 8:23 pm
Damn, I need to post up my lifts that have improved while on DC. As soon as I get my logbook bacc, I'll post it up.

Now that I'm restarting my cut, I've bacced off from DC because I'm not takin' in enough calories to help my body recuperate. I'm doin' more of a Dorian-style training for my diet, with sets only to failure and a few here and there beyond.

SolidTongan
07-21-13, 2:39 am
Damn, it's been such a long time since I've posted on here, but I need to come bacc.

I've taken some time off due to obligations I've had elsewhere. Since I've been on here, I've been engaged and now have two beautiful daughters, and I've got a full ride scholarship to UC Irvine for Pharmaceutical Science and Medical Anthropology. For the past two years, my training has been (I'm ashamed to admit) inconsistent. I am part of a UC Irvine's rugby team, and I've been consistent with their training. But I've strayed away from the Iron Game which I'm still passionate about.

On a positive note, I've been very consistent with my powerlifting training for the past 6 months or so, and I've made some pretty amazing gains.

Here's my gym maxes (I plan to compete sometime next year):

Bench: 455lbs paused
Deadlift: 600lbs conventional
Squat: ???

My deadlift and squat aren't anything amazing. I have a torn ACL in my left knee, and I can barely squat my own bodyweight. Deadlift is pretty much a straight-legged deadlift because it's too painful to drive with my legs.

My training style has been a hybrid of Doggcrapp and Verkoshanky's Supertraining.

I've made some pretty awesome muscle gains using this approach. HOWEVER, I just look like a fat-buff. LOL I haven't been consistent with my diet and cardio, so I've been building muscle underneath the daddy fat that I've gained. It's now week 2 of me being consistent with my diet and cardio, and I'm looking to drop at least 50lbs in the next 2 months or so.

I'll keep yous updated.

Happy lifting

SolidTongan
07-23-13, 2:46 am
So, it's my 2nd week of deloading, or cruising as they call it in DC. It kinda succs 'cause I miss going heavy, but I only have to bare through one more week before I blast again. I've only been experimenting with exercises and haven't really tracked them.

I did bench with about 200lbs band tension, and I like it. I'll probably throw that into my dynamic effort days.

I also started doing cardio. I'm doing HIIT style for about 20min/day. I'll probably work up to 25min/day but no more than that. I feel I've pacced on some serious lean mass during my last 2 blasts, and I'm excited to see what it looks like now that I'll be dieting and doing cardio.

I'm hoping that when I drop weight that my knees will feel better as well because I miss doing squats and deads.

HIGA MONSTER
07-23-13, 9:32 am
Got your PM...thanks brah.

HIGA MONSTER

SolidTongan
07-24-13, 1:14 pm
Yesterday, I got tired of waiting for me knee to heal, so I just went ahead and did some deep squats. I had a torn rotator cuff last year and working through it seemed to help with recovery better than just sitting around and hoping for the best. I'm applying that same theory here. I figured if you don't use it you lose it; might as well give the knee a reason to heal up.

I did ATG box squats onto a 10" box using 315lbs x 5. I lost count of how many sets I did; I was just happy being able to squat at all. I don't rest very long between sets (1-2 min), and I squatted for about an hour.

I started doing bodyweight squats and then went to 135lbs then 225lbs then 315lbs. 315lbs seemed to be the best weight my knee could handle at the explosive pace I was working.

I thought my knee would be trashed this morning, but it actually felt great! Hopefully my theory works out long term.

SolidTongan
07-26-13, 12:14 am
Yesterday, I did some light shoulder work. I tried some new exercises to see what I'll implement into my new blast.

Machine Shoulder Press: 150lbs (each side) x 12 for 4 sets

Upright Dumbbell Rear Delt Row: 65lbs x 10, 80lbs x 10, 65lbs x 10

Dumbbell Front Raise: 37.5 x 12 for 3 sets

Dumbbell Shrugs: 135lbs x 12, 185lbs x 12, 125lbs x 12 I used two barbells for the first set because the dumbbells at my gym only go to 125lbs. It was fine for the first set, but the 185lbs set was an awkward lift. The barbell wouldn't stay level.

After that, I did some HIIT style cardio for 10 min on the bike, 10 min on the heavy bag, and 10 min of shadow boxing. All done in a HIIT fashion.

SolidTongan
07-26-13, 12:17 am
I did some light work on tris as well.

100lbs x 12 for 4 sets bent over cable extensions

135lbs x 12 for 4 sets on close grip bench

40lbs x 12 for 4 sets reverse grip single arm extensions

HIIT style cardio on the heavy bag for 10 mins and 20 mins shadow boxing.

SolidTongan
07-26-13, 11:00 pm
Well, it's my last day of the cruise cycle of DC, and I'm excited about that. I feel super eager to lift some weights. It's been week 1 of my diet, and I'm really happy about sticking to it thus far.

Deadlift: 405lbs x 7 for 4 sets I wanted to bang out some more reps, but my knees were bothering by the 7th rep. So, I just kept it at 7. No straps or belt were used. I wrapped my knees a little to relieve some of the pain, but they were not tight at all. I wrapped it similar to an Olympic lifter were it was loose enough that I could wear it the entire workout.

Close grip cable rows: 160lbs x 12 for 4 sets

Wide grip pulldowns: 190lbs x 12 for 4 sets

Straight arm pulldowns: 100lbs x 12 for 4 sets

Glute Ham Raise: BW x 7 for 4 sets I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I'M JUST NOW USING THIS!!! I FRIGGIN' LOVE THE FEELING, AND I'LL BE INCORPORATING THESE INTO MY REGULAR BLASTS! If you're not doing them, give it a try.

Ab Wheel: BW x 10 for 3 sets

Sit-Ups: BW x 12 for 4 sets

HIIT style cardio: Bike for 17mins 40sec all out: 80sec regular pace I do this a lot because it's a way of working my legs out. I don't want to have chicken legs by the time my knees heal up. Cyclists seem to have huge legs, so why not?

3 min cool down doing shadow boxing

SolidTongan
07-29-13, 2:25 pm
Today, I only got about 3 hours of sleep due to prep for school final exams. I trained at 6AM which is something I've NEVER done. With that said, here's today's workout:

Chest:
Barbell Incline: 315lbs x 6
Dumbbell Fly: 55lbs x 17

Shoulders:
Seated Military Press: 275lbs x 10, 185lbs x 15

Triceps:
Overhead Triceps Extensions: 150lbs x 17, 80lbs x 15

Bacc:
Wide Grip Pulldown: 265lbs x 15
Barbell Deadlift: 605lbs x 1, 405lbs x 5 (No belt, no wrist wraps for the first set) (Keep in mind that I'm still pulling with a torn ACL.)

For the high rep set for deads, I was only able to get 5 reps. My forearms were burning from last Friday's deadlift session and today's pulldowns. I tried using wraps for it, but the wraps kept slipping off. Pieces of shit!

After I did some HIIT style cardio, 10 min on the bike, 5 min on the rowing machine, 6 min treadmill. (I was excited to run on the treadmill. It's the first time I've been able to jog/run on them in awhile.)

SolidTongan
07-31-13, 12:18 am
Woke up early and did some core work.

Ab Roller x 12 for 4 sets

Ball Twist with 8lbs ball x 9 for 4 sets

Dumbbell side bends: 55lbs x 12, 65lbs x 12, 80lbs x 12, 80lbs x 12

Finished off with 20min HIIT style bike and a 5 min shadow boxing cool down.

alquemy
08-01-13, 9:30 pm
Eh Toko! Good to see you back on, but more importantly great to see all the great things going on with your life now! I just went food shopping for the first time in forever today...admittedly inspired by Ox's "Big On A Budget" video.

I'll be posting as well.

SolidTongan
08-09-13, 4:27 am
Eh Toko! Good to see you back on, but more importantly great to see all the great things going on with your life now! I just went food shopping for the first time in forever today...admittedly inspired by Ox's "Big On A Budget" video.

I'll be posting as well.

That's good to hear, toko. I was just up north for the weekend for a mini vacation before school starts. Needless to say, I didn't lift. LOL I wanted to hit up Dan Green's new spot, but I figured my body could use the recoup for a weekend. And plus, I had no ride out there. LOL

SolidTongan
08-09-13, 4:32 am
Today, I got in late to the gym because I had other errands to run for my family because I just got bacc from a mini vacation up in NorCal. One of my boys was leavin' bacc to Hawaii, and he was having a celebration; I couldn't miss that.

Being it's my first day bacc after pretty much drinkin' the entire weekend, I didn't do my blast that I would usually do.

So, I just did some squat work to get my form down. I'm tryin' to see how the high bar squat will work out for me. It's been "okay", but I think it would've been better if my left knee was okay. I feel high bar squats break at the knee first, and that's the last thing I want to do. I did some really light work with numerous sets of 225lbs x 5 reps. I pretty much squatted for the entire hour.

I usually have sleeves on, but I did it without as a way of hopefully strengthening my knee. I guess we'll see how that goes.

SolidTongan
08-16-13, 1:58 am
EZ Bar Curl: 135lbs x 11
Cross-body hammer curls: 52.5lbs x 12
Seated Calf raise: 125lbs x 12, 125lbs x 13 (The machine at my gym is terrible, and it's fuccin' uncomfortable doin' work on it.)
Romanian Deadlift (Speed work): 135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 275lbs x 3, 325lbs x 3, 325lbs x 3
Romanian Deadlift (Regular work): 375lbs x 8 (No belt or wrist wraps, same for above as well)
One legged leg press: 1000lbs x 6 (I had to work up to this because I've never done this before. My left knee is still torn up, but I wanted to work out my legs any way possible. So, I started with 4 plates and worked my way up to 10.5 plates. I had no more time to do a widow maker set.)

SolidTongan
08-16-13, 2:00 am
I did 4 sets x 12 using the ab roller.
4 sets x 12 doing hanging leg raises
Dumbbell side bends: 80lbs x 12 for 4 sets

Cardio:

25min shadow boxing in HIIT style.

SolidTongan
08-16-13, 2:06 am
Smith Machine Bench throws: 135lbs x 5 for 6 sets
Shoulder press with barbell in corner (done explosively): 45lbs x 5 for 3 sets
Dumbbell Chest Press: 125lbs x 9, 85lbs x 11 (Done in straight set fashion)
Standing Military Press: 185lbs x 11 (This is probably the second time I've ever done this. This shit is taxing.)
Weighted Triceps Dip: 365lbs x 15
Lat pulldown: 295lbs x 12 (The pulldown machine at my gym is heavier than most. I could bang out reps for 300lbs+ all day at other gyms.)
T-Bar Rows (Drop-set): 315lbs x5, 270lbs x 3, 225lbs x 5, 135lbs x 5, 90lbs x 5

SolidTongan
08-18-13, 3:26 am
Medicine Ball Throws: 10lbs x 15 for 4 sets
Swiss Ball Crunch: 10lbs x 10 for 4 sets
Oblique crunch on machine: 30lbs x 10 for 4 sets
Leg Raises: 15 for 4 sets

I did HIIT style shadow boxing for 20 minutes. I mostly worked on defensive moves rather than offensive.

SolidTongan
08-19-13, 6:44 pm
So, I had a nice carb up day yesterday, and I felt pretty strong today.

Barbell Incline: 315lbs x 6, 225lbs x 11 (My elbows were bothering me, and I have this weird pain in the middle of my chest. I have no idea where it's from, but I wasn't really satisfied with these numbers.)
Dumbbell Incline Fly: 60lbs x 17
Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 285lbs x 7, 205lbs x 11
Bent Over Cable Extensions: 205lbs x 15, 115lbs x 20
Wide Grip Cable Pulldown behind neck: 265lbs x 13
Deadlift: 535lbs x 1, 405lbs x 9 (Both sets were stopped short because the fuccin' gym staff was interrupting me to not drop the weight. I lowered them the best way I could but it still wasn't good enough for them. Fucc them. LOL My knee was startin' to feel it when I got past 495lbs, but I'm still happy considering. No belt or wraps for the 535lbs, and I used straps for the high-rep set. Also, my hamstrings and glutes weren't fully recovered from Friday's Glute and Ham Raise session.)

Cardio:
20min HIIT style on the stationary bike. I felt a really good pump in my legs after these.

SolidTongan
08-21-13, 4:27 am
Ab Roller: 15 reps x 4
Ball Twist: 15lbs x 10 for 4 sets
Crunches: 12 reps x 4 sets

25 min HIIT style cardio doin' some good ol' heavy bag work. I did about 15 min on the heavy bag and 10 min shadow boxing trying to improve speed.

Man, I was fuccin' sore from yesterday's workout. I was surprised that I could even do any kind of boxing. I eventually want to add kiccs once my knee heals. I used to have some vicious leg kiccs and knee strikes when they were pain free. LOL

My diet has been pretty good as of late. I've been WAY more disciplined than I have been the past 3 years, so I think I'll be achieving the physique I had before kids. LOL

SolidTongan
08-21-13, 8:28 pm
Biceps:
DB Preacher Curl: 40lbs x 18
Cross-Body Hammer Curls: 60lbs x 12
Cable Concentration Curls: 56lbs x 15

Calves:
Smith Machine Calf Raise: 185lbs x 12, 185lbs x 14

Hams:
Single Leg Curl: 150lbs x 18

Quads:
Full Squat: 455lbs x 1, 225lbs x 8
Front Squat: 135lbs x 7

It's been the first time I've squatted in awhile. Considering it's at the end of my workout, I have a torn ACL in my left knee, and I finished doin' deads on Monday, and I'm dieting down, this is not bad at all! I felt like I could've put on another 45lbs, but I decided to play it safe because I don't want to risk tearing my ACL even further.

SolidTongan
08-28-13, 5:17 pm
I rested on Thursday and decided to carb up, and it turned out to be a great idea!

Barbell Bench Press (SlingShot):
475lbs x 2, 385lbs x 10 (I believe I could have gotten up to 495lbs paused, but I went in too early with the 475lbs. I usually take no more than 1-2 min between each set. I think if I had gotten an extra minute rest, I would've gotten 475lbs x 3 PAUSED! But the first work set was actually touch and go. My second set was all paused. Not bad overall.)

Machine Shoulder Press:
365lbs x 13

Reverse Flyes:
50lbs x 13

Dumbbell One Arm Extension:
35lbs x 18 (This is my first time doing these, and I really like them. They'll remain in the blast.)

Weighted Pull Ups (including bodyweight):
380lbs x 20

Cable Seated Row:
200lbs x 10, 150lbs x 15

HIIT style cardio on elliptical for 20mins

SolidTongan
08-28-13, 5:19 pm
Hanging Leg Raise:
14reps x 4 sets

Machine Oblique Twist:
65lbs x 18 for 4 sets

Cable Wood Chops:
100lbs x 10 for 4 sets

HIIT Style boxing for 22 mins

SolidTongan
08-28-13, 5:22 pm
EZ Bar Curl:
145lbs x 11

Hammer Preacher Curl:
32.5lbs x 12

Seated Calf Raise:
135lbs x 12, 135lbs x 15

Romanian Deadlift (Dynamic Effort):
135lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 275lbs x 5, 275lbs x 5, 345lbs x 5
405lbs x 8 (All raw with no belt)

Leg Press:
1035lbs x 8, 675lbs x 20 (all done with torn ACL in left knee)

SolidTongan
08-28-13, 5:24 pm
Ab Roller:
13 reps x 4 sets

Swiss Ball Crunch
10lbs x 12 for 4 sets

HIIT style boxing on Heavy Bag

SolidTongan
08-28-13, 5:29 pm
Barbell Bench Press (Dynamic):
135lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5, 185lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5

Barbell Thrust:
45lbs x 5 for 3 sets

Dumbbell Bench:
125lbs x 11, 85lbs x 12

Standing Military Press:
205lbs x 8 (My core and shoulders were fatigued from yesterday's cardio and ab session, so this set was a muthafuccin' struggle.)

Upright Dumbbell Rows:
65lbs x 18

Weighted Dip:
405lbs x 12

Pulldowns:
295lbs x 14

T-Bar Rows (Machine):
225lbs x 10, 135lbs x 14 (It's difficult to breathe while using this machine because the pad is all up in your rib cage. I had to use the machine because I have some pains in my lower back and hips.)

HIIT style cardio on Stationary Bike for 21 mins