PDA

View Full Version : one mans meat, is another mans poison...

violator
12-03-09, 8:08 am
In the near future, this is what they intend on feeding us with...maybe its time to start raising our own livestock....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/6684854/Scientists-grow-meat-in-laboratory.html

shocking....

FewL4no1
12-03-09, 1:25 pm
Well, on the bright side, we wouldn't have to hear about PETA anymore hahaha

jarHunter
12-03-09, 3:46 pm
why don't these scientists try to solve real problems......

12-03-09, 3:49 pm
Why shocking? This is technological innovation in action.

jarHunter
12-03-09, 3:51 pm
they should be growing organs to transplant not something we already have plenty of....that's my only beef (pun intended)

12-03-09, 3:53 pm
they should be growing organs to transplant not something we already have plenty of....that's my only beef (pun intended)

Human organs? In this country, that would probably create a political, moral and ethical maelstrom. Look at the stem cell issue.

One day, we may not have any pigs left. If that day comes, soggy pork would be better than no pork.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-03-09, 4:27 pm
i live in the heart of beef country and will never eat that shit, i like my meals to have once walked on the ground or flew in the air, not be an experiment...

brickhead
12-04-09, 12:06 am

I agree, but dont you see, they're too busy growing fake meat.

Kryptonite
12-05-09, 9:00 am
If this shit's cheap... I'll eat it!

shizz702
12-05-09, 9:58 am

Good question.

IronWilson
12-05-09, 11:44 am
This could be a great thing, they could cure a great deal of world hunger with this. They could also put meat in the diets of people in impoverished countries instead of feeding them rice or porridge.

It has potential. But whoever gets control of the operation will make it a moneymaking scheme. Greed is the way of people, and ignorance is the way of collective groups.

Kryptonite
12-05-09, 12:02 pm
This could be a great thing, they could cure a great deal of world hunger with this. They could also put meat in the diets of people in impoverished countries instead of feeding them rice or porridge.

It has potential. But whoever gets control of the operation will make it a moneymaking scheme. Greed is the way of people, and ignorance is the way of collective groups.

I agree 100%.

Beowulf
12-07-09, 4:26 pm

Good question.

Solving world hunger good enough for you? lol

JasonG
12-07-09, 5:03 pm
If it solves the starvation in 3rd world countries and is safe Im all for it. But for me I'll stick with slaughtered beef. And for the vegetarians out there "eating meat isn't a choice, it's an instinct!" -Denis Leary is the shit haha.

Kryptonite
12-07-09, 7:15 pm
If it solves the starvation in 3rd world countries and is safe Im all for it. But for me I'll stick with slaughtered beef. And for the vegetarians out there "eating meat isn't a choice, it's an instinct!" -Denis Leary is the shit haha.

Hahaha!