PDA

View Full Version : Giant Killer seeks OVERALL WORLD revenge!

S. Clarida
12-03-09, 10:05 am
What can I say…2009 was a breakout year for me. I competed in 4 shows and dieted for 9 months. This was probably the most strenuous year of my short career. Reason being, doing 4 shows in a matter of a month and a half is not bad, however, I did 4 that were scattered at least a month and a half in between each one, which made it so difficult. As I sit back and think back on that, I can honestly say it was all well worth it. I was fortunate to place 2nd at my first two shows and even more fortunate to get my 1st pro win in September and follow that up with a the Lightweight World Title this past November.

If you saw photos or if you were fortunate to make it out to the show, you saw that the Overall Battle between myself and good friends, Clarence McGill-Middleweight Winner and BIG Martin Daniels-Heavyweight Winner, was a true battle! It was a tough match and we all wanted to be crowned as the Overall Champ. However, when it was all said and done, my good friend, Clarence took home that victory and I extremely happy for him. It was great for me to even be up on that stage against those guys. I now know what I have to do in order to get my overall next year.

So here we are now…Gearing up for 2010! The plan is to really take my training and physique to the next level. We all know that winning a title is one battle, securing that title is a whole new battle. My job is to train like a madman for the next few months, pack on some quality size and bring up the areas that have kept me back and I know can only help me get to that next level…Overall World Title!

I plan on documenting my training as much as possible but of course, not revealing all my secrets. (Don’t know who’s lurking these boards, lol) Hope you all can follow along as I prepare to secure my World Title in 2010 and gun for that Overall!

Please feel free to ask any and all questions and I will do my best to answer them as best I can.

GK
"overall and nothing less"

ghost
12-03-09, 10:51 am
subbed brother, you know i am in for this ride!

mritter3
12-03-09, 11:10 am
def. in for this ride as well, you have done some great things over the past year....looking forward to more greatness from ya.

S. Clarida
12-03-09, 11:20 am
Thanx Fellaz! Appreciate your always constant support!

Bring you up to speed a bit!

I have been back to the gym training HEAVY AND HARD for the past few weeks. I have decided that my weak areas need to be trained a lot more then anything else, so calves have been trained 3x a week thus far and I plan to keep it that way.

Back:
-Pullups-3x 12
-BB Rows- 15, 15, 10, 8, 4- Finished off with 265lbs for 4 reps
-Lat Pulldowns-12, 10, 8, 6-Finished off with 190 for 6 reps
-Single arm High Row-12, 10, 6, 6-Finished off with 160lbs for 6 reps (single arm)
-T-Bar Row-10, 8, 6, 5- Finished off with 190lbs for 5 reps
-Behind the back pulldowns- 12, 12, 10, 8, 6

Calves:
-Seated calve raises-5x 12
-Leg Press raises- 5x 10

GK

McFly
12-03-09, 11:27 am
in for this NO DOUBT.....lets go!!!!

B Con
12-03-09, 12:16 pm
SUBBED. Can't wait to see how the sequel turns out...

S. Clarida
12-03-09, 12:37 pm
SUBBED. Can't wait to see how the sequel turns out...

Plan it to be a part 2 and DONE!

Trained Arms last nite:

-Rope Pushdowns 15, 15, 12, 10, 8-warmup the elbows a bit
-Single Arm overhead extensions-10, 8, 6
-Preacher Bar pushdowns-10, 8, 6, 4
-Single Arm Pushdowns-10, 8, 6, 6
-Straigh Arm overhead pushouts- 10, 8, 6

-DB Curls-12, 10, 8, 6
-Hammers-10, 8, 6, 4
-Preachers-12, 10, 8, 4
-Cable Curls-10, 8, 4
-Concentrated curls- 7x12

Calves:
-Standing Raises-15, 12, 10, 8, 6
-Seated Raises-8, 8, 8, 5
-Seated Press-8, 8, 8, 8

S. Clarida
12-04-09, 1:48 pm
Hit quads last nite and had a great workout. After a long and stressful day at work, the last thing you want to do is train, let alone...LEGS!

Quads:

Extensions-warmup
Seated Press-15, 12, 12, 10, 8, 8
Smth Squats-12, 10, 8, 6
Incarian Hack Squats-8, 8, 8, 10
Front Squats on Incarian machines-12, 10, 10
LUNGES..aka.."walk of death"-2x 50lb dumbbells and then 60lb dumbbells

Getting back into the groove of things...feeling good!

mritter3
12-04-09, 1:52 pm
leg day looked brutal GK....i like it.

McFly
12-04-09, 1:55 pm
Hit quads last nite and had a great workout. After a long and stressful day at work, the last thing you want to do is train, let alone...LEGS!

Quads:

Extensions-warmup
Smth Squats-12, 10, 8, 6

SICK bro! I need to step my game up....

pharmdteague
12-04-09, 2:01 pm

Quads:

Extensions-warmup
Smth Squats-12, 10, 8, 6

subbed "walk of death" I'm lovin it!

Mr. Dead
12-15-09, 2:28 pm
Dang!!! Just found this... You know I'll be following along... Hopin' for some BIG things for ya!!!

mritter3
12-17-09, 3:13 pm
bump...still doing big things in here bud?

S. Clarida
12-18-09, 10:40 am
bump...still doing big things in here bud?

MOST DEF...WENT INTO QUICK HIDING FOR A BIT! LOL

S. Clarida
12-18-09, 10:41 am
The week is almost to an end and this week has been a good training week. From here on out, every workout, meal and ounce of sleep counts. Knowing that I won Worlds, only by 1 point wasnt good enough for me, so I have been torturing myself with non stop HEAVY weights. I've even begun to incorporate some of my contest prep methods into my "off season" training. Here are a few of my workouts from this week:

Delts/Calves
-Behind the necks
-Side Laterals
-Bent over laterals
-Seated Military Press
-Side Laterals w/cable
-Front Laterals
-Standing Military
-Reverse pec deck

Quads/Hams

-Seated Leg Curls
-Laying Leg Curls
-1 legged leg curls

-Extensions
-Squats
-Leg Press
-Seated Leg Press
-Extensions
Hope to continue with this training and bring up my weak areas and just increase overall.

Later,

GK

naturalguy
12-18-09, 10:45 am
In for the secrets

C.Coronato
12-18-09, 10:57 am
I hear your getting pretty heavy over there. Are you in heaven? I know i am.

S. Clarida
12-18-09, 11:42 am
In for the secrets

Gonna be a FUN ride!!! The overall is in my vision!

I hear your getting pretty heavy over there. Are you in heaven? I know i am.

Heavy? Me? NO! I call it...BULKING, LOL

I've cleaned the diet up, a lot!

mritter3
12-18-09, 12:01 pm
MOST DEF...WENT INTO QUICK HIDING FOR A BIT! LOL

well, welcome back bro...looks like your putting in some good work in here as of late...way to go.

Mr. Dead
12-30-09, 5:37 pm
Just checkin' in on ya... I hope you and yours have an awesome Holiday Season!!! And, an incredible 2010!!!

S. Clarida
01-03-10, 1:51 am
HAPPY HOLIDAYS ANIMALS!!!

I had a great holiday! I spent xmas morning training back and had a great workout! Spent new years eve killing my delts! I understand it's a holiday but I dont see a reason to miss a workout. I know it's a day of celebration and being with you loved ones, but there's nothing wrong with squeezing in a 2 hour workout!

Anyways...its 2010 and I have made it my promise that this year, I WILL make changes in my physique and make this MY year. I made anothe promise that I will hold onto my World Title and take home the overall in 2010.

2010=EPIC YEAR!

gk

N. Motta
01-03-10, 1:59 am
Hell yea brother. I'm with you on maintaining your workout schedule during the holidays. Frankly it's what keeps me sane haha.

Do work this year man. You have such a ridiculously sick physique, can't wait to see what kind of improvements you make. Respect.

BionicMasterPiece
01-03-10, 3:35 am
Thanx Fellaz! Appreciate your always constant support!

Bring you up to speed a bit!

I have been back to the gym training HEAVY AND HARD for the past few weeks. I have decided that my weak areas need to be trained a lot more then anything else, so calves have been trained 3x a week thus far and I plan to keep it that way.

Back:
-Pullups-3x 12
-BB Rows- 15, 15, 10, 8, 4- Finished off with 265lbs for 4 reps
-Lat Pulldowns-12, 10, 8, 6-Finished off with 190 for 6 reps
-Single arm High Row-12, 10, 6, 6-Finished off with 160lbs for 6 reps (single arm)
-T-Bar Row-10, 8, 6, 5- Finished off with 190lbs for 5 reps
-Behind the back pulldowns- 12, 12, 10, 8, 6

Calves:
-Seated calve raises-5x 12
-Leg Press raises- 5x 10

GK

hell yeah thicken up and widen those cobras n wings!

S. Clarida
01-15-10, 12:58 pm
Whats up All,

Been away for a bit. Starting training in a new gym and we all know how that can be. All the "newbies" want to make new years resolutions and get "fit" I give em 1 month tops!

Anyways, training has been going great. My body has adjusted well to the new machines/equipment and most important, atmosphere. In the past, all the gyms I trained at, with the exception of the Mill, have lacked an atmosphere that makes you want to train. No, I dont need people to get me focused and yes, I can train anywhere, but having that "bad ass" atmosphere get's me amped a bit.

Just as things got rollling, I was hit with a detour this past Sunday. I ended up in the hospital and diagnosed with having a Viral Infection. After training on Sunday and having a meal, I began vomitting, which lead to fever, chills, aches and low BP. I was in the hospital for a few hours and was so dehyrated that I needed 3 bags of IV.

Though I am not 100% better nor strong enough to lift like I usually do, I am taking it easy and trying to get back on track for 2010. Leg Day last nite was rough and that let me know I was NOT fully better...

Good news, I hit 1,025 lbs on the Vertical Leg Press for 8 reps last nite!

GK

Mr. Dead
01-15-10, 2:04 pm
I've been wonderin' where the heck you've been!!! That truly sucks about the viral infection... I hope you get to feelin' 100% ASAP!!!

S. Clarida
01-20-10, 3:44 pm
Back in full motion!!! Training is back to where it needs to be. I've developed a better sense of the gym I'm at now and geared everything back to the old days of blocking everything around me OUT!

Leg Day 2nite...Let's see if I can beat last weeks record of 1,025lbs for 8 reps on the 90 degree vertical leg press. The damn machine isnt built for that kinda weight, but like animals, we make shyt work!

GK

Firedrake
01-20-10, 5:32 pm
. . . as long as the poor, overburdened thing doesn't collapse on you!

mritter3
01-20-10, 8:35 pm
Back in full motion!!! Training is back to where it needs to be. I've developed a better sense of the gym I'm at now and geared everything back to the old days of blocking everything around me OUT!

Leg Day 2nite...Let's see if I can beat last weeks record of 1,025lbs for 8 reps on the 90 degree vertical leg press. The damn machine isnt built for that kinda weight, but like animals, we make shyt work!

GK

glad to have ya back in here GK....tear them legs up bro.

S. Clarida
01-21-10, 2:30 pm
Whats up fellaz...

Had a great leg day last nite. Got to the gym at a decent time and focused on breaking my legs down so that they can recover a build back up stronger and BIGGER!

Hammies:

-Single Leg Curl-15, 12, 12, 10, 8, 6
-Stiff Legs- 12, 10, 8, 6- Finished off with 245lbs for 6 reps

Quads:

-Extensions
-Squats- 10, 8, 8, 6, 5- Finished with 405 for 5 reps (pretty weak here..better next time)
-Leg Press-10, 10, 8, 4- Finished off with 900lbs for 4 reps
-Reverse Hammer Strength Hack Squat- 10, 8, 8, 6- Finished off with 630lbs for 6 reps
-Seated Leg Press (single leg) 10, 8, 8
-Adductors/Abductor 3x10

Feeling great! I'm staying in pretty decent shape for being off season. Looking forward to breaking some records and a few machines in the process!!!!

GK

C.Coronato
01-21-10, 4:11 pm
No Calf work????

mritter3
01-21-10, 4:25 pm
405 for 5...not so weak in my book man...great workout GK

S. Clarida
01-21-10, 10:13 pm
No Calf work????

TTYl whatup!! I dont do calf work on my leg days. I do them on Mon and Thurs. Gotta get those calves growing!

405 for 5...not so weak in my book man...great workout GK

Thanx...Looking to get bigger and better with my lifts.

C.Coronato
01-22-10, 10:38 am
Haha, i know you do! You have a title to defend!

S. Clarida
02-08-10, 10:14 pm
Whats up fellaz,

Havent posted since Jan, but that's all because I'm in my last semester of grad school. This is by far my toughest semester due to the comprehensive exam that I must pass in order to graduate. Lots of focus on the course work and the test. As soon as that is over, my focus will be back 100% on posting and keeping you all updated.

Trained at Diamond Gym the other nite...the Mecca of BadAss Hardcore. I was in the area of Diamond and called up Dwayne, the owner and made my way over for a workout. Trained arms and had a great session. When I train at different gyms, I always go for equipment I've never used. That's the fun part of visiting/training at newer gyms.

Rope Pushdowns
Preacher Curls
Hammer Curls
Machine Dips
BB Curls
Overhead extensions
NG's Incline Curls
V-Bar Pushdowns
High Preacher Curls
Overhead DB Extensions

In a nutshell, this was my workout at Diamond. Made it thru in about 1 1/2 hours.

GK

S. Clarida
03-12-10, 4:02 pm
Where do I start?!

It's been too long since I've posted on the boards and plan on making my way back on. I'm more than half way done with my last semester of grad school. Graduation is set for May. Finally!!!!!

Beside studying hard, I've been training hard. I've been making solid gains in mass as well as strength. Keeping my weight down vs getting out of hand and living life. This is my 1st year back to deadlifting since my herniation injury in 2007. I'm up to about 435lbs on the dead and my goal is 500 by May. Reasonable? Only time can tell.

I didn't get a chance to make it to the Cage @ the Arnold, but plan on making it my job to make it to the O this year!

I plan on continuing my journey here and hope you all tune back in.

GK

Shoulders last nite:

DB Military Press 15, 12, 10, 8, 4
Side Laterals- 12, 10, 8, 5
Rear Pec Deck-12, 10, 8, 6
Front BB Raise- 12, 10, 8, 5
Machine laterals- 10, 8, 8, 6
Overhead machine press(single arm)-10, 8, 6, 4, dropset...6, 8, 10
Shrugs- 15, 12, 10, dropset-15
Behind the back shrug-12, 10, 8, 4

Mr. Dead
03-12-10, 4:06 pm
Nice session!!! Great to see ya back around!!! Good luck with school!!!

mritter3
03-12-10, 7:53 pm
great to have you posting again GK...looks like your still working hard man...nice work on those deads...congrats with finishing up school in may.

NJC_Manhattan
03-12-10, 7:53 pm
Awesome workouts and great shows. Subbd for sure

scals
03-12-10, 11:05 pm
You were definitely missed at the Cage this year bro. Hopefully I catch up with ya before the O, but if not, I'll definitely see you there!

S. Clarida
03-13-10, 10:49 am
Nice session!!! Great to see ya back around!!! Good luck with school!!!
Great to be back! Will you be at the O? Thanx!

great to have you posting again GK...looks like your still working hard man...nice work on those deads...congrats with finishing up school in may.
Def training hard. My hams/glutes are still tight from Wedn workouts, so instead of deadlifting last night, I pulled from the rack. Thanx!

Awesome workouts and great shows. Subbd for sure
Appreciate it! Hope you continue to follow along. Gonna be a long fought journey!

You were definitely missed at the Cage this year bro. Hopefully I catch up with ya before the O, but if not, I'll definitely see you there!

No doubt..I really wanted to be there, but my eyes are set on the O. I'm sure I'll see you before that. We need to get another shoulder workout in!

GK

C.Coronato
03-15-10, 3:15 pm
Yo big homie. Thanks for checking in. I look forward to seeing the size you put on. Ill see this weekend. Keep doing what you do and inspire us all.

S. Clarida
03-15-10, 11:08 pm
Yo big homie. Thanks for checking in. I look forward to seeing the size you put on. Ill see this weekend. Keep doing what you do and inspire us all.

TTL...Whats up Bro!
I still have a few weeks left in my off-season to pack on some decent size. Hopefully, I'll bring a brand new package to the 2010 stage.

Cya in a bit!

Mr. Dead
03-15-10, 11:09 pm
Great to be back! Will you be at the O? Thanx!
GK

Not sure about the "O", yet... The Cage took a big chunk of change... But... Ya never know...

S. Clarida
03-15-10, 11:15 pm
Chest/Forearms/Calves:

Calves:
Seated Raise-15, 12, 10, 6, 6
Standing Raise-12, 10, 8, 5, 5

Chest:
Flat Bench DB-15, 15, 12, 10, 8...dropset-10
Incline DB-12, 10, 8, 6...drop set-10
Incline Hammer-10, 8, 5...drop set-6
DB Flies-8, 8, 8, drop set-10
Machine Fly-10, 8, 6

Forearms:
DB Wrist Curls-15, 15, 10
BB Wrist Curls-15, 12, 10, 6, 4
Reverse Wrist Curls-20, 15, 15, 10

GK

Mr. Dead
03-15-10, 11:19 pm
Nice session!!! Pecs had to have been screamin' from that dropset madness!!!

S. Clarida
03-16-10, 12:39 am
Nice session!!! Pecs had to have been screamin' from that dropset madness!!!

Most def was!!! Hopefully, I'll catch up with ya at the O. It will be my 1st time.

GK

Tron
03-16-10, 10:53 pm
Definitely glad to see GK back on here in full force...

Way to thrash the chest... probably gonna be hard for ya to shower tomorrow....

S. Clarida
03-19-10, 1:11 am
Definitely glad to see GK back on here in full force...

Way to thrash the chest... probably gonna be hard for ya to shower tomorrow....

hahah...If it's hard to shower, then that means it was a good workout!

GK

S. Clarida
03-19-10, 1:16 am
ANIMALS

Completely trashed my legs last nite. I had to take it back to the Arnold Days and use actual bodies to add more weight.

Quads:

-Extensions
-Seated Leg Press-15, 12, 10, 8, 6-Machine only holds 10 plates(5 each side) so I had my girl stand on the front of the machine to add an additional 130lbs.
-Smith Machine Squats-10, 8, 6, 6
-Hammer Strength Hacks-10, 8, 6, 4

Hams:
-Single Leg Curls-15, 12, 10, 8, 6
-Laying Leg Curls-12, 10, 8, 6

Finished off with some inner/outter quad machine work and some calf work. I didn't make it to the gym as early as I wanted, but damn sure had hell of a workout!

GK

S. Clarida
03-24-10, 9:15 pm
Back Work:

Hit a lil back last nite. Got some nice sore lats and lower back this morning.

-Lat Pulldowns-4 sets
-High Row on Hammer Strength-4 sets
-DB Rows-3 sets
-Overhead pulldowns-3 sets
-Deadlifts-4 sets + dropset
-Good Mornings-3 sets for high reps. CAUTIOUS exercise!

Main priority this year is lower back, so I have been really hitting the lower back more so then anything. Lots of blood in that area.

GK

Tron
03-25-10, 10:09 pm
Back Work:

Hit a lil back last nite. Got some nice sore lats and lower back this morning.

-Lat Pulldowns-4 sets
-High Row on Hammer Strength-4 sets
-DB Rows-3 sets
-Overhead pulldowns-3 sets
-Deadlifts-4 sets + dropset
-Good Mornings-3 sets for high reps. CAUTIOUS exercise!

Main priority this year is lower back, so I have been really hitting the lower back more so then anything. Lots of blood in that area.

GK

Back is an often neglected portion... Great work. Bigtime volume!

mritter3
03-25-10, 10:19 pm
great back workout GK...so you like the good mornings?...or just be cautious do to possible injury from it?

S. Clarida
03-26-10, 12:27 am
Back is an often neglected portion... Great work. Bigtime volume!

Shows are won from the back...Wide Lats and shredded hams and glutes! My back is super sore, but I love it.

great back workout GK...so you like the good mornings?...or just be cautious do to possible injury from it?

Good mornings are great for lower back but hurt like hell on your neck/shoulde area. That type of movement is not something you want to throw a krazy amount of weight on, esp after deadlifting. It's a good finisher movement in my opinion. Not too many people do them.

GK

S. Clarida
03-27-10, 5:17 pm
Whats up ANIMALS!

Today I took my comp exam so I can graduate from grad school. I've spent the last few months studying for this huge test. Since it's over, I plan on getting back on the ball with my trainining and gearing up for 2010!

Took a big of a break early in the morning and hit some delts and tris. However, I'm feeling some real bad ache/pains in my back. Not really sure what its from. I'm gonna try to put some heat on it and hope it goes away.

Delts:

-Side Laterals-5 sets
-Smith Machine Militarys-5 sets
-Rear Pec Deck-3 sets
-Hammer Press-4 sets
-Cable Laterals-3 sets
-Shrugs-3 sets

Tris:

-Rope Pushdowns- 5 sets
-DB Extensions-3 sets
-V-Bar Pushdowns-4 sets
-Overhead extensions-3 sets

The workout was decent, but halfway thru, the pain started to bother me and I didn't want to push it too much, so I called it quits for the day. Looking to hit it back hard on Monday.

Later

GK

Mr. Dead
03-29-10, 5:00 pm
Sweet session!!! Take care of that back, though!!!

Firedrake
03-29-10, 8:25 pm
As someone with a LOT of experience with a bad back, I second Mr. Dead's comments.

May I ask -where- the pain is? Does it feel more like it's one side or the other, or is it worse bending forward or back? Trust me, bro, you don't want to wind up like me. I had to have my whole lower spine rebuilt about three years ago.

S. Clarida
03-31-10, 1:18 pm
Sweet session!!! Take care of that back, though!!!

Most def...That's why I stopped and didnt push it too much. Like I say...Push your body to the limit but know your limits.

As someone with a LOT of experience with a bad back, I second Mr. Dead's comments.

May I ask -where- the pain is? Does it feel more like it's one side or the other, or is it worse bending forward or back? Trust me, bro, you don't want to wind up like me. I had to have my whole lower spine rebuilt about three years ago.

Same here..I've had a herniated discs in my lower back and talk about PAIN!
The pain I was feeling was in my upper/middle back region. When I took a deep breath in, Id feel it. As of today, there is no longer any pain. After about 2-3 days of massaging and resting, it went away.

Damn..rebuilt? They can do that???!!! I agree with you guys. I dont want to re injure myself, esp with this year being my most crucial year.

Good mornings are a dangerous exercise, if performed incorrectly. I just go for a burn with that exericse, 15-20 reps w/low weight. Some how, my boy is able to go 225 for a good slow reps. He has a hella strong core I guess.

GK

Littlefry
04-05-10, 11:18 pm
Sub Giant Killer. I like your style, you training high frequency high intensity. Do your workouts always vary from day to day or do you tend to stick with a certain rep scheme just mix up the exercises every now and than?

S. Clarida
04-07-10, 10:37 pm
Sub Giant Killer. I like your style, you training high frequency high intensity. Do your workouts always vary from day to day or do you tend to stick with a certain rep scheme just mix up the exercises every now and than?

Whats up Littlefry.

I'd love to have the same plan each week, but with a hectic schedule, I have to mix things up here and there. Every week I always change up my exercises.

I typically go 5x a week but sometime if I can only make it in 3-4x, I'll do 2 workouts in one.

GK

S. Clarida
04-26-10, 12:36 pm
Got a chance to catch up with the boys and train at the World Gym this past wknd. Ended up training Delts. It's hard to get into a motion when your're unfamiliar with the equipment but I def. had a great workout. Lots of HEAVY WEIGHTS, LOUD MUSIC AND HARDCORE ATMOSPHERE!

-Miltary press on Smith
-Side Laterals w/DBs
-Hammer Press
-Rear Laterals w/ DB
-Upright Rows on Smith
-Shrugs

Finished off the workout with some calves. Been keeping a major part of my off season training focused on calves this year and I think they've made a significant improvement. Hoping I bring the TOTAL package this year and claim that overall title.

GK

Mr. Dead
04-26-10, 12:51 pm
Sweet session!!! That overall title is yours for the taking, this year!!!

Mr. Dead
04-26-10, 12:57 pm
Got a chance to catch up with the boys and train at the World Gym this past wknd. Ended up training Delts. It's hard to get into a motion when your're unfamiliar with the equipment but I def. had a great workout. Lots of HEAVY WEIGHTS, LOUD MUSIC AND HARDCORE ATMOSPHERE!

-Miltary press on Smith
-Side Laterals w/DBs
-Hammer Press
-Rear Laterals w/ DB
-Upright Rows on Smith
-Shrugs

Finished off the workout with some calves. Been keeping a major part of my off season training focused on calves this year and I think they've made a significant improvement. Hoping I bring the TOTAL package this year and claim that overall title.

GK

*Courtesy Bump...*

S. Clarida
04-26-10, 3:36 pm
Sweet session!!! That overall title is yours for the taking, this year!!!

That's the plan! Not taking NO for answer.

You gonna be at the O this year?

Mr. Dead
04-26-10, 3:58 pm
That's the plan! Not taking NO for answer.

You gonna be at the O this year?

It's lookin' kind of "iffy", at the moment... Finances aren't what the should be... But, I'm still tryin' to be optomistic...

Firedrake
04-26-10, 7:57 pm
Good to see you around. It looks like things are going well!

S. Clarida
04-26-10, 11:53 pm
It's lookin' kind of "iffy", at the moment... Finances aren't what the should be... But, I'm still tryin' to be optomistic...

I hear ya on that...I've never been, so I'm planning on making this my bday gift and motivation for Worlds!

Good to see you around. It looks like things are going well!

Def. keeping the weights intense. This off-season has been my most productive yet. I forced myself to make some changes in my regime and I think it's gonna pay off for me.

GK

Mr. Dead
06-02-10, 11:15 am
What's up in here...??? Kind of quiet, but I bet it's the calm before the storm...

C.Coronato
06-02-10, 11:17 am
When do you start dieting for your overall win??

Mr. Dead
06-08-10, 11:50 am
What's up in here...??? Kind of quiet, but I bet it's the calm before the storm...

*Bumpage...*

S. Clarida
06-10-10, 12:56 pm

*Bumpage...*

WHATS UP FELLAZ...

YES, It's been quiet but I def. have been in the lab taking care of business!

This has been my 1st off-season where I actually put in some work. Typically, I was only eating 3 meals a day, which were all crappy foods. Since having a great 09 season, I kicked my ass into next year and focused.

I got in a minimal of 5 meals a day and kept my training to 5x a week. This has been my 1st year deadlifting, since my 07 injury where I herniated my disc. My max so far is 425lbs. Not very impressive, but my lower back has been feeling strong and I have steered away from using my belt. I only break it out on heavy sets on leg days or back days.

My diet has not yet started. It will start at the end of the month. I'm hella fired up for this season. I'm brining it this year!!! That overall is coming to Jersey!

Check out the newest issue of Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness Magazine. I have a feature story on how I won the Worlds. It's on pgs. 68-71.

GK

Mr. Dead
06-10-10, 2:57 pm
Great stuff, Shaun!!!

S. Clarida
06-23-10, 11:07 am
Whats up Fellaz....

Looks like my off-season is about to come down to the end and I have to say, it's been the BEST OFF-SEASON I've ever had since I started competing in 05.

I made some big changes in my training and nutrition and feel satisfied that I made the improvements I needed to make to make it to that overall stage come November at the Worlds.

I have a lot riding on this show and a lot of pressure to defend my title and walk away with that overall. Taking that overall this year will def. be a highlight in my bbing career.

Lately, a lot of people have been doubting that I can take the overall for various reasons, which I will not get into but I thank them for that new found motivation and plan on proving many people wrong in a few short months.

Finished off my off-season w/decent numbers. My weight was between 142-145lbs.

Dead-425 for 1
Squat- 410 for 3
DB Curl-60lbs DBs for reps (I love training arms!)

Check out my Q&A here on the boards:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=970101&posted=1#post970101

S.Clarida
"GK"

Mr. Dead
06-23-10, 11:16 am
Nice!!! Definitely lookin' forward to seein' the package you're bringin' to the stage, this year!!!

S. Clarida
06-23-10, 11:34 am
Nice!!! Definitely lookin' forward to seein' the package you're bringin' to the stage, this year!!!

You and I both M.D.!

scals
06-23-10, 6:38 pm
Yo man, saw ya at the Garden State but didnt make my way over to ya before ya left. Hope all is well, and good luck with the guest posing this weekend.

S. Clarida
06-24-10, 12:43 am
Yo man, saw ya at the Garden State but didnt make my way over to ya before ya left. Hope all is well, and good luck with the guest posing this weekend.

Thanx Scals!!!

I'm sure I'll see you around somewhere soon. I always do.

S. Clarida
07-11-10, 4:58 pm
Had a hell of a back session day!

I made it out to watch Team Universe last nite and the competition there was fierce. It gave me a sense of motivation for today's workout. As I gear up for the 2010 WNBF Pro Worlds, a little boost of motivation is def. needed. Looking forward to continuing to have a strong prep and dial it in 110% for the Worlds.

Need to come in strong and defend my lightweight title and conquer the elite overall title!

Back:

Weighted Pullups-12, 10, 8, 6
Underhand BB Rows-10, 8, 8, 6
T-Bar Rows-10, 8, 6, 4
Hammer Standing Row-10, 8, 6, 3
Partial Deadlifts- 12, 10, 8, 4, 2 (starting to feel it around this point)
Wide Grip Seated Row-10, 8, 6, 5

Forearms:

Wrist Curls-25, 25, 20, 15, 10, 6, 6- After 2nd set, I increased the weight.

S. Clarida
"GK"

"No room for errors"

scals
07-11-10, 6:25 pm
Thanx Scals!!!

I'm sure I'll see you around somewhere soon. I always do.

Haha. True. Good seeing ya last night at Team U. Hell of a back workout. Hopefully we can hit a delt session in before both of our shows.

C.Coronato
07-22-10, 4:32 pm
Whats the good word in here my man. How many weeks out are we now? Same weight ?

S. Clarida
07-26-10, 11:37 am
Back from the NPC/IFBB Europa in CT. Headed down to support the HOUSE and hang out with the Universal/ANIMAL booth w/ NG and C. Coronato. I was able to get some good motivation that will carry with me through my prep.

Trained back on Sunday with Coronato and we banged out damn hear 40 sets on back. It was a great gym filled w/great equipment, so we tried EVERYTHING!

-Pullups
-Lat Pulldowns
-Cable Rows
-BB Rows
-High Pulldown Row
-DB Rows
-More Cable Rows (different angle)
-Mid Back Pulldown Rows
-Partial Deads

Damn...though it didn't feel that bad while in the midst, I'm feeling it today!!! Tight and full.

S.Clarida
GK

stormin
07-26-10, 11:45 am
And I was there to witness the workouts. He and Christain were banging the back, I was training back as well, so it kept me motivated to crank it up watching these 2 guys.
Shaun is one crazy strong dude!
It was great to meet you Shaun !
Norman

S. Clarida
08-22-10, 4:50 pm
12 WEEKS!

This marks the spot. I'm sitting here 12 weeks away from stepping back on the very stage that a year ago, I won my 1st ever WNBF World Title. It took me 2 years to finally be called into that number 1 spot and I have to say...That win has been one of the most standout wins in my career. Why? This is why:

2007, I placed 2nd and 08, I placed 3rd. I dont like to loose, let alone place lower, so at that point in time, I thought my dream of being a World Champ would be just that...a dream!

I knocked some sense into myself, grinded out that year and came in 09 and took what I wanted. This year will be nothing less. I have the utmost respect for ALL the WNBF Pros competing at the Worlds this year. However, this is not just another show for me. It means a lot more. To walk away with that title is going to say alot about myself and to others. Many doubt that I can do it. They say the "little guy" will NOT take out the bigger weight class. They must have forgotten my stage name and exactly WHY I got that name.

I wish all my fellow pros the best of luck but at the end of the day, your going to have to kill me if you think you're going to take what's mine.

GK

scals
08-23-10, 2:32 pm
Cant wait to see what you bring this year bro.

S. Clarida
08-25-10, 12:26 am
Cant wait to see what you bring this year bro.

Thanx Scals....Gonna be an epic year!

S. Clarida
08-25-10, 12:34 am
Hit quads today and though I'm in the midst of an intense diet, I'm still keeping my weights heavy. Gotta keep on the size I put on in the off-season.

Extensions-5 set to warmup
Leg Press 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6...drop sets follow 8, 10, 12
Squats- 3x10 reps-Focused purely on getting deep with a lighter weight
Nautilus Hack Squat-10, 8, 6, 4- Got up to 8 plates each side
BB Lunges-20, 20, 16
Machine Presses-15, 12, 10, 8
Inner Adductors-15, 15, 12

Just hours after training, my legs began to get sore, so I know in the AM, I'd be in PAIN! With being on my diet and body beginning to get slightly weak, I didnt want to push too much weight and injure anything, esp. with the Squat. Dont want to injure my lowerback this close to the show. Plus, going deeper w/lighter weight is much better for quality legs vs slapping on tons of weight and going nowhere with it.

GK

Firedrake
08-25-10, 12:38 am
Good thinking and great work!

T. Kemble
08-25-10, 12:42 am
Hit quads today and though I'm in the midst of an intense diet, I'm still keeping my weights heavy. Gotta keep on the size I put on in the off-season.

Extensions-5 set to warmup
Leg Press 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6...drop sets follow 8, 10, 12
Squats- 3x10 reps-Focused purely on getting deep with a lighter weight
Nautilus Hack Squat-10, 8, 6, 4- Got up to 8 plates each side
BB Lunges-20, 20, 16
Machine Presses-15, 12, 10, 8
Inner Adductors-15, 15, 12

Just hours after training, my legs began to get sore, so I know in the AM, I'd be in PAIN! With being on my diet and body beginning to get slightly weak, I didnt want to push too much weight and injure anything, esp. with the Squat. Dont want to injure my lowerback this close to the show. Plus, going deeper w/lighter weight is much better for quality legs vs slapping on tons of weight and going nowhere with it.

GK

Good luck walking tomorrow bud!
Inner Adductors are brutal the next few days!

FITGYM
08-25-10, 12:53 am
solid work

keep it up

S. Clarida
08-25-10, 11:07 am
Good thinking and great work!

Thanx...Smarter training will help keep you in the game a lot longer. Leave the ego at home!

Good luck walking tomorrow bud!
Inner Adductors are brutal the next few days!

Def. starting feeling it today TEK. Cardio was a bit rough.

solid work

keep it up

Most def. Pushing thru the fire everyday.

GK

Mr. Dead
08-25-10, 11:20 am
Thanks for posting that, Shaun... My legs were sore, before reading that... Now they're worse... Great stuff, there!!!

S. Clarida
08-25-10, 12:39 pm
Thanks for posting that, Shaun... My legs were sore, before reading that... Now they're worse... Great stuff, there!!!

haha...Anytime you need a pump, just check back in.

Mr. Dead
08-25-10, 1:10 pm
haha...Anytime you need a pump, just check back in.

You know I will... (Uhm... That didn't sound right, did it...??? *LOL*)

S. Clarida
08-26-10, 1:19 am
Chest Day

Hit some chest, forearms and cardio post workout.

-Flat Bench Press on Nautilus-15, 15, 12, 8, 5
-DB Inclines- 12, 10, 8, 6...drop sets-6, 8, 10
-Fly-12, 12, 10, 6
-Smith Incline-10, 8, 5, 5
-DB Flat Bench-12, 10, 8, 5
-Cable Crossovers-3x10

-DB Wrist curls superset with reverse wrist curls.

Another day in the office grinindg it out, followed by a good cardio session to wrap it off.

S. Clarida
08-27-10, 12:31 pm
A late start to todays workout but still got it in!

Arm Day generally takes me about 1 1/2-2 hours to train. I train with lots of various exercises/angles, sometime training as many as 6-7 exercises for biceps and 6-7 for tris. I'm a big believer in volume training.

However, being that I had a late start and knew I would'nt be able to fit everything in like I wanted, I switched gears and went with an intense, non-stop blood circuit.

Warmup
-Cable Curls-4x10
-Rope Pushdown-4x10

DB Extensions (Exts) supersetted with preacher curls (PC)
Exts: 12, 10, 8, 8
PC: 4x10

Hammer Curls (HC) supersetted witih DB Kickbacks (KB)
HC: 12, 10, 8, 6
KB: 4x10

Seated Extensions (solo)
12, 10, 8, 5

BB Curls (solo)
10, 8, 6, 6

Pushdowns (PD) supersetted with BB Preacher Curl (PC)
PD: 10, 10, 8, 6
PC: 4x10

Cable Curls to the ears (solo)
15, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6

HIt it hard, quick and intense. Finished up in about 50 minutes-1hour. Something I'm not used to but def. feels great. Jumped on the stepper for a nice 15 min cardio session. Going strong every set and rep.

GK

Mr. Dead
08-27-10, 12:32 pm
Nice lookin' insanity!!! Serious work was done, in the time available!!!

S. Clarida
08-30-10, 11:19 am
Had a LONG weekend but still managed to have a great 3 hour workout this morning. Yes..3 hours. When in prep, I stay in the gym minimally 3 hours in order to get everything in.

Today was:
-Calf
-Shoulders
-Cardio
-Abs

Calves:
I've decided to hit em 2x a week, one day Heavy and the other lighter. So today was heavy.

-Seated Calf Raise-15, 12, 8, 8, 6
-Standing Raise- 12, 10, 8, 6, 5
-Donkey Raise-10, 8, 6, 6, 4
-Seated Press-10, 10, 8, 5

Shoulders:
Delts are my favorite thing to hit. I always go heavy with them.

-DB Miltary Press- 20, 15, 12, 10, 7, 4 (Got up to 90lbs DBs) Damn diet!
-Standing Side Raise- 10, 8, 6, 6
-Reverse Pec- 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
-Front Laterals- 10, 8, 6
-Cable Reverse Laterals- 10, 8, 5, 4
-Machine Lateralas- 10, 8, 6, 6...drop set of 21's 7 halfway up, 7 halfway down and 7 full
-Barbell Press (standing) 10, 8, 6, 5

Shrugs:

Finished up delt with some trap work
-Stading Shrugs-12, 10, 8, 5
-Seated Shrgus-8, 8, 6

Finished the day up witih some cardio and abdominal work. Sitting here after a small meal, I'm beat! Time to get ready and start my LONG day!

If you didnt check it out already..here is my shoulder training from last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jPMJu1wQEA

Later.
GK

S. Clarida
09-01-10, 11:56 am
Finally hit me....If you try to look for a short cut, you end up getting cut short!

Trained legs today and a few weeks back I said I was going to switch things up and traing quads one day and hams on another. Despite thinking it may be a good idea, it just does not work well for me.

1. It's tough to try to fit everything in during the week as is.
2. If I'm going to train leg, I might as well train the whole damn thing!

Hams:

Seated Leg Curls 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6
Standing Leg Curls- 3x10
Laying Leg Curls-12, 10, 8, 6

Quads:

Extensions-20, 15, 15, 12, 8, 6, 6
Leg Press- 12, 10, 8, 8, 6, 4 (Finished up with 990lbs) Shows that my strength is starting to come down due to the diet because I hit 990 3 weeks prior for 10 reps.
Smith Squats- 12, 10, 10, 8
Hack Squats supersetted with Sissy Squats:

HS-12, 10, 8, 8
SS-10, 10, 10, 12

Calves: I train calves now 2-3x a week, so I throw a small amount of calf work on leg day.

Standing Raises-5x10

Like I said, Im done w/short cuts and looking forward to 10 1/2 weeks from now when the final product is revealed to the world!

GK

S. Clarida
09-06-10, 3:19 pm
Took a long 3 days off from the gym to enjoy my birthday weekend and got back in the gym this morning stronger than ever. Sometimes, your body craves rest, so that it can come back bigger and better the next time around.

Trained Back today and hit a lot of volume. Took a look at recent pics and really felt I needed to add some more width and inner back thickness, so that's my focus for the next few weeks.

-Weighed Wide Pullups- 12, 12, 10, 6
-BB Rows-15, 15, 10, 6
-Cable Rows-12, 10, 6, 6, 6
-Underhand Pulldowns- 12, 10, 8, 5, 5
-High Rows-10, 8, 6, 6
-Dorian Deadlifts- 15, 12, 10, 5, 5
-Overhead Pulldowns- 10, 8, 6
-Behind the back pulldowns-12, 10, 8, 6
-Wide Grip Pulldowns-3x10

Finished up with a great cardio session to really burn off those bday calories! Even though, I didn't eat anything off my diet for my bday, taking the 3 days off from cardio def. had me feeling a bit bloated, so today really helped get my mind back on track.

GK

C.Coronato
09-07-10, 10:27 am
3 days off from cardio is a good birthday present! lol

S. Clarida
09-07-10, 11:27 am
3 days off from cardio is a good birthday present! lol

Most def was!!!

S. Clarida
09-07-10, 11:36 am
Delts to die for!

Back in my home turf of the Muscle Mill to hit some Delts. I walked into the gym and knew immediately by the tempature that I was going to have one hell of a workout and I was right!

Calves:
-Toe Presses on Leg Press-15, 15, 12, 10, 8, 8, 5
-Standing Presses-12, 10, 8, 6, 5
-Seated Presses-5x10...this was supersetted with standing press

Delts:
-BB Overhead Presses-20, 15, 10, 8, 5, 5, 8, 10...Big dropset here
-Side Laterals-15, 12, 10, 6, 8, 6, 6...Dropset here
-Rear Pec Fly-12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 8, 10...Dropset here
-Machines Overhead Press- 8, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, 6, 8, 15...BIG dropset here and hit a PR of 362lbs for 4 reps
-Upright Rows- 10, 10, 8, 6
-Bent Over laterals- 12, 10, 8, 6
-Side Machine Laterals-10, 8, 5, 5
-Front Bend Press (homemade press) 10, 10, 8, 5

Traps:
-Machine Shrugs- 15, 12, 10, 6, 8, 10, 15...BIG dropset here. Hit 450lbs for those 6 reps

Finished the day on some good old cardio and abs. Got home and did some impromptu posing for about 10-15 minutes. Plan on sticking with this regime as far as posing from now till the show to really get my body readjusted to posing. After taking the year off, my body is kind of missing the constant squeezing and tension. I'll be ready for another 45 minute of posing come SHOWTIME!

GK

FITGYM
09-07-10, 12:03 pm
when and where is the show?

S. Clarida
09-07-10, 12:31 pm
when and where is the show?

WNBF Pro World Championships
Nov. 13th
Martin Luther King HS in Manhattan

S. Clarida
09-08-10, 12:41 pm
Quads/Hams

-Standing Leg Curls-10, 10, 10, 8, 6
-Laying Leg Curls-12, 10, 8, 5
-Stiff Legs-15, 12, 10

-Extensions-20, 15, 12, 10, 8
-Front Machine Squats-12, 12, 10, 8, 8, 6
-Leg Press-12, 10, 8, 6, 6
-Seated Leg Press-12, 10, 8

Finshed up with a lil glute work:

Glute Press-12, 12, 10, 10
Abductors-20, 20, 20, 20

Weak by weak, my strength is going down slowly, but keeping the intensity just as heavy.

GK

FITGYM
09-08-10, 4:22 pm
Nov. 13th

I will try to make it there...

S. Clarida
09-09-10, 12:48 am
I will try to make it there...

Great! Def. hope to get a crowd this year. I'll post info here when it draws near. 9 weeks out!

C.Coronato
09-09-10, 9:45 am
Nov. 13th

On the calender. You have an overall to take home.

S. Clarida
09-10-10, 12:23 am
On the calender. You have an overall to take home.

Most def. This will be my year! Working my ass off to bring it home this year.

Firedrake
09-10-10, 9:23 pm

You're going to look silly without an ass . . . but bring it home, nonetheless! <grin> You got this!

C.Coronato
09-13-10, 9:40 am

I know it is buddy! Keep truckin, as always!

S. Clarida
09-14-10, 11:29 am
I know it is buddy! Keep truckin, as always!

Always TTL!

S. Clarida
09-14-10, 11:37 am
Sitting here about 8 1/2 weeks out and starting to feel the "crash." Diet is getting to be physically but def. not mentally. Still grinding each and everyday. I was so beat last night that I set my alarm to wake up but forgot to turn it on. So I woke up a bit later than expected and felt very tired/sluggish when I got to the gym (thanx diet!)

Trained Delts/Forearms and hit cardio-HIT session.

-DB Presses-15, 15, 12, 10, 5 (finished w/ 85lbs DBs)
-Hammer Press-12, 10, 8, 6...strip set-8, 12, 15
-Side Laterals-12, 10, 8, 6
-Reverse Pec Deck-12, 10, 8, 5
-Smith Military Press supersetted with Front Laterals
SM-10, 8, 6, 6
FL-10, 10, 10, 10
-Front Shrugs-15, 12, 10, 8, 5, 5
-Back Shrugs-10, 8, 6, 6

-Behind the Back Wrist Curls (Heavy)-15, 6, 6, 6, 6
-Single Arm Wrist Curls-15, 15, 12, 12, 10

Dragged my ass over to the stairmaster and had a hell of a 15 min HIT session. I though for sure I was going to fall off because my legs are still sore from training legs the day before.

Home now, finishing up meal 2 and preparing the rest of my meals for the day.

Only the strong survive!!!

GK

Mr. Dead
09-14-10, 11:38 am
Nice session!!! With the drive and determination you've got... You got this next show!!! Easy!!!

S. Clarida
09-14-10, 11:42 am
Nice session!!! With the drive and determination you've got... You got this next show!!! Easy!!!

Most def! Got extremely fired up this past weekend. Getting more and more fired up each day!

Firedrake
09-14-10, 3:55 pm
Most def! Got extremely fired up this past weekend. Getting more and more fired up each day!

Grind it out, bro! 8 weeks is nothing! You can DO this!

S. Clarida
09-16-10, 12:58 am
Grind it out, bro! 8 weeks is nothing! You can DO this!

Grinding heavy! No doubt this year is MY year.

S. Clarida
09-16-10, 1:03 am
5 hours of sleep and I was up and ready to rock at 6:45AM. Got my meal in and off to the gym I was. Trained back today and had to make sure hit a lot of volume.

-Weighted Pullups-12, 12, 10, 8, 6
-Lat Pulldowns-10, 10, 8, 6, 4, dropset-5, 8, 8
-BB Rows- 12, 10, 8, 6, 6
-Low Rows-10, 8, 6, 5
-Cable Rows-12, 10, 8, 5
-T-Bar Rows-10, 6, 6, 6
-Dorian Deads-15, 12, 10, 10, 10
-Close Grip Pullups-10, 10, 10

Finally wrapped it all up with some cardio.

GK

FITGYM
09-17-10, 12:19 am
Keep it up...Stay the course...It's your year

S. Clarida
09-17-10, 1:08 am
Keep it up...Stay the course...It's your year

Much appreciated! Cant wait to get down to your gym one of these days. Hopefully when I'm not dieting so I can grab a cheesesteak on the way! maybe 2. lol

S. Clarida
09-17-10, 1:12 am
7:30AM-Chest/Cadio Session

-DB Inclines-15, 12, 10, 8, 5
-Flies-12, 10, 8, 5, 5
-Machine Chest Press-12, 10, 8, 5
-Icarian Incline-12, 10, 6, 6
-Incline Flies-10, 8, 6
-Dips-12, 10, 8, 5

Chest does not require lots of movements but def. requires the same intensity as anything else. Of all my bodypart, chest is the only bodypart that still get's sore each week. Not a bad feeling.

GK

C.Coronato
09-20-10, 10:35 am
730 am? Damn man, do you do your workouts on no food? Or do you eat before heading over?

Tron
09-20-10, 11:01 am
730 am? Damn man, do you do your workouts on no food? Or do you eat before heading over?

x2... Can't stand morning stuff. Interested on this answer.

AntoineV
09-20-10, 11:05 am

I don't know about him but I usually workout in the morning couple of times a week... I take a faster breakfast.. i put my oats in the blender with some whey and banana and also reduce my egg portion.... a steak is fast to cook too. It's the frikken oatmeal that takes forever to eat if you don't blend it.

Intra-aid during the workout helps alot

S. Clarida
09-20-10, 11:23 am

I work nights now, so my only time to train and do cardio is early in the morning. I have oats and protein and head over to the gym. It gets me through the workout but then as soon as I get to cardio, I start to feel a bit tired/sluggish but that's the best time to do cardio, for me at least.

x2... Can't stand morning stuff. Interested on this answer.

I've trained at night for the past 4 1/2 years and since taking on a new job, I had to switch to the morning. It took some getting used to but I'm good now. Only thing that sucks is that I leave work at 11pm and it takes me about 45-1hour to get home, so I get maybe a good 5-5 1/2 hours of sleep a night.

For that reason, I switched my leg workouts to Monday's because since I dont work wknds, I get to bed earlier so that I'm well rested for monday's leg session.

GK

S. Clarida
09-20-10, 11:33 am
When your your depleted, sluggish, have no energy you just want to give up but luckily, intensity, motivation and heart kick in to pick up the slack!!!

This morning trained hams/quads and on my 1st set, I felt like this was going to be another bad workout. However, being at a show this past wknd and seeing some of my competition just put some fire in me and told myself that none of these guys will come in and take MY title. I promised you all, my friends, family, fans and myself that THIS WAS THE YEAR OF THE GIANT KILLER.

Hams:
-Single Leg Curls-15, 13, 12, 6
-Lying Leg Curls-15, 12, 10, 8, 5
-Stiff Leg Deads-15, 12, 10, 8

Quads:
-Extensions-15, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6
-Seated Leg Press-15, 12, 10, 8, 6..drop sets-6, 6
-Smith Squats-12, 10, 10, 8, 6
-Hack Squats-12, 10, 8
-Vertical Leg press-10, 10, 8, 5
-Walking Lunges-2 sets w/50lb DB's

-Glutes:
-Glute Press superseted with Abductor-12/15, 12/15, 10/15

I gave this workout all I had fellaz and I know come showtime, I will think back and have no regrets because every workout sucked the living life out of me. Damn, I love this sport!

GK

AntoineV
09-21-10, 12:30 am
When your your depleted, sluggish, have no energy you just want to give up but luckily, intensity, motivation and heart kick in to pick up the slack!!!

This morning trained hams/quads and on my 1st set, I felt like this was going to be another bad workout. However, being at a show this past wknd and seeing some of my competition just put some fire in me and told myself that none of these guys will come in and take MY title. I promised you all, my friends, family, fans and myself that THIS WAS THE YEAR OF THE GIANT KILLER.

Hams:
-Single Leg Curls-15, 13, 12, 6
-Lying Leg Curls-15, 12, 10, 8, 5
-Stiff Leg Deads-15, 12, 10, 8

Quads:
-Extensions-15, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6
-Seated Leg Press-15, 12, 10, 8, 6..drop sets-6, 6
-Smith Squats-12, 10, 10, 8, 6
-Hack Squats-12, 10, 8
-Vertical Leg press-10, 10, 8, 5
-Walking Lunges-2 sets w/50lb DB's

-Glutes:
-Glute Press superseted with Abductor-12/15, 12/15, 10/15

I gave this workout all I had fellaz and I know come showtime, I will think back and have no regrets because every workout sucked the living life out of me. Damn, I love this sport!

GK

Thats the way bro... you need to say to yourself that even if you train hard, you have an opponent that may be training harder than you, so give your all each time you train!!!

and that's alot of volume for quads!!

S. Clarida
09-21-10, 11:24 am
Thats the way bro... you need to say to yourself that even if you train hard, you have an opponent that may be training harder than you, so give your all each time you train!!!

and that's alot of volume for quads!!

No doubt big man! I'm pushing myself each and every set/rep. I only picture myself being the last man standing. When I'm on that stage, it's all about me! My opponents are non-existent!

Def. a fan of volume training for everything. I need to feel like shyt when I leave so that I can fell great later.

Coronato aka TTL and I trained back in CT and we hit damn near 40+ sets. Felt great!

S. Clarida
09-22-10, 11:00 am
Back Training: 7:30am

-Pullups-2x12
-Weighted pull-ups-10, 8
-Lat Pulldowns-12, 10, 10, 8, 5
-High Rows-12, 10, 8
-Cable Row-10, 8, 8, 6
-Dorian Deads-12, 10, 8, 5
-DB Rows-10, 8, 6
-Pullovers-10, 10, 8
-Close Grip Rows-12, 10, 8, 6, drop set...3, 3, 6

Another decent back workout. Finished off with some cardio and then home to fuel back up.

GK

S. Clarida
09-25-10, 10:27 am
and the countdown continues....

7 weeks from this very day I will be back on the very same stage that only a year ago, I claimed the Lightweight World Title. However, I fell short from walking away with that overall trophy.

This year, I will NOT leave empty handed.

Saturday, 7:30am

-40 min cardio and ab work.

I'll be headed to the gym later to hit some bis and tris. Stay tuned

GK

scals
09-25-10, 11:00 am
Looking good bro. What is the date of the show?

S. Clarida
09-25-10, 12:21 pm
Looking good bro. What is the date of the show?

Nov. 13th in NYC.

scals
09-25-10, 1:08 pm
Nov. 13th in NYC.

Damn. I'm gonna be out of the country. I'm sure I'll see ya before then!

S. Clarida
09-27-10, 10:42 am
I can't feel my legs....lol

In the gym on an early rainy Monday morning. Tortured my legs: Quads/Hams/Glutes

Hams:
-Single Leg Curls-15, 12, 10, 6, 4...drop sets-4, 8, 10
-Laying Curls-12, 10, 6, 6
-Stiff Leg Deads-15, 12, 10, 4

Quads:
-Extensions-12, 12, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8
-Squats-10, 10, 6, 6
-Giant Set: Leg Press & Hack Squat:
-LP-15, 12, 12, 12
-HS-10, 10, 10, 10

-Single Leg Press-8, 8, 6

Glutes:
-Giant Set: Glute Press & Wide Squat:
-GP-15, 12, 12, 12
-WS-10, 10, 10, 10

Body was beat the hell up but my mind is soooo ready and focused!

GK

S. Clarida
09-29-10, 11:46 am
No BS in here! My body know's what time it is and it got my ass up at 6am to get ready to hit the gym. 7:15am, I'm cranking out Calves and Back. 6 weeks till I display to the World what I've created over the past year since my last showing.

Calves:

-Leg Press Raise-15, 12, 10, 8, 6...drops: 6, 8, 10, 12
-Standing Raise-12, 10, 10, 8, 6

Back: (lots of volume)

-Pullups-4x10
-Lat Pulls-12, 12, 10, 8, 6...drops: 5, 5
-BB Rows-10, 10, 8, 6..drops: 6, 8
-Hi-Row-10, 10, 8...drops: 6, 8
-Cable Row-10, 10, 8, 6
-T-Bar Row-10, 8, 8
-Dorian Deads-12, 10, 10, 7
-Hyper-20, 15, 10, 10
-Mid Back Row (old flex equipment) 10, 10, 6, 6, drops: 6, 8, 8
-Nautilus Lat Pulls-3x10 (slow, controlled and squeezing to finish the back)
-Rope Pulls-3x10

Cardio-15 min HIT

YES...11 exercises and that's no BS! C. Coronato can vouch that for some reason, when I train back, there's no ending! The back is made up of so many parts that you have to focus on each and every part to create the complete physique..PERIOD

GK

B. Rowe
10-11-10, 9:59 pm
You SC how are things going bro? Was it this past weekend you went to Italy?

S. Clarida
10-11-10, 10:10 pm
You SC how are things going bro? Was it this past weekend you went to Italy?

B. Rowe!

Whats up Big Dog,

yes, I just got in from Italy and what an experience it was. I met so many people, got a bunch of new fans and took tons of photos. I appreciated it all.

I was in Italy...the land of the pizza and pasta and everynight, we were taken out to eat but of course, I remained focused and on my grind and said "no." I brought my food along with me everywhere I went. Because of the change of atmosphere, foods and timing, I'm a bit off but still not far from taking home that overall. I have 4 1/2 weeks to really dial it all in.

Legacy
10-11-10, 10:16 pm
Been watching what you've been doing bro, keep up the good work. I'll definitely be sticking around to follow this journey. Good luck.

B. Rowe
10-12-10, 12:21 am
B. Rowe!

Whats up Big Dog,

yes, I just got in from Italy and what an experience it was. I met so many people, got a bunch of new fans and took tons of photos. I appreciated it all.

I was in Italy...the land of the pizza and pasta and everynight, we were taken out to eat but of course, I remained focused and on my grind and said "no." I brought my food along with me everywhere I went. Because of the change of atmosphere, foods and timing, I'm a bit off but still not far from taking home that overall. I have 4 1/2 weeks to really dial it all in.

Sounds like an amazing time, you truly have set yourself up to enjoy some of the other fun aspects of bodybuilding such as traveling to guest pose. Im sure you will be pealed to the bone and ready to take the overalls bro

S. Clarida
10-12-10, 10:03 am
Been watching what you've been doing bro, keep up the good work. I'll definitely be sticking around to follow this journey. Good luck.

Much appreciated! Hope you enjoy the journey.

Sounds like an amazing time, you truly have set yourself up to enjoy some of the other fun aspects of bodybuilding such as traveling to guest pose. Im sure you will be pealed to the bone and ready to take the overalls bro

Def! Guest posing and traveling is great. Meeting so many new people and fans is the best part.

I'm def. gonna be ready to rock the stage in 4 weeks. I've put on some size and my conditioning will be much improved, so there's no way that overall is not coming back to jersey (with me!)

GK

S. Clarida
10-13-10, 12:03 pm
Still feeling pretty decent, which can only mean 1 thing....Time to step up the cardio/diet up a notch. With 4 weeks left, I know that I can bring in a much tighter package and I will. This prep is pretty new to me. Reason why I say new is because I've had to change a lot of things up due to my new job.

In the past I was doing AM cardio, going to work for 8 hours, then heading to the gym to train. This time around I wake up and hit the gym to train (around 7am) and do post cardio, then head to the gym for about 8 hours. I don't get home till about midnight everynight, so I'm running off about 5 hours or less of sleep. It's been rough but no need to complain. YOu just learn to roll with the punches.

I will say that I'm better right now, then I was on stage last year. I'm happy knowing that and knowing that come showtime in 4 weeks, I will be even better! My weight is low but not low enough. Time to get it done!

GK

C.Coronato
10-13-10, 12:04 pm
4 weeks! LETS GOOOOOOOOO.

S. Clarida
10-19-10, 2:12 pm
3 1/2 weeks till GAMETIME!

Still feeling pretty good and feeling like I'm getting tighter and tighter each day. Still holding a lot of my size, which was the goal. Workouts are still very intense w/lot of drop sets. Over the next 3 weeks, my goal is to deplete the muscle as much as possible, fill it with as much blood as possible and get the skin paper thin. Time to step up the cardio and put the diet in overdrive!

I'm ready!

S. Clarida
10-20-10, 2:57 pm
Trained quads/hams today. I only have 2 more serious training sessions before "hell week" That last week is all about getting excess water out and getting the skin extra tight!

-Leg Curls-15, 15, 12, 10
-Single Leg Curls-15, 12, 10, 8

-Extensions-4 sets
-Seated Leg press-15, 12, 10, 8, 4
-Front Squat Machine- 12, 10, 8, 6...drop sets-4, 4, 6, 10
-Lunges- 3x 10 steps each leg

Giant Set: Leg Press w/ hack Squats

LP-15, 12, 10, 10
HS-4x10

Not much energy but lots of fire in the tank. Almost there

GK

S. Clarida
10-22-10, 1:04 am
Dont know how I pulled today's workout out but I did.

Alarm goes off at 6:30am and I jumped up and got ready to hit the gym. Started to warmup and and my lightest weight felt like the heaviest. I didnt think Id be able to have a good workout and I would just go through the motions. By the time I got to High Rows, I kicked it up a notch and the rest of the session was HISTORY!

-Pullups-4 sets
-Lat Pulldowns-6 sets
-High Rows-5 sets
-Low Row-6 sets
-Overhead pulls-4 sets
-Close Grip v-bar pulldowns-3 sets
-Wide Grip Pulldowns-3 sets
-Reverse Hypers-4 sets

Finished the day with:
HIT Cardio and ab work.

By the time I hopped off the stairmaster, I was shot! I feel like crap but I feel great that I had a hell of a workout. 3 weeks till history is made, once again.

GK
"Team Yellow"

AntoineV
10-22-10, 1:07 am
what do you do for your HIT cardio brah?

S. Clarida
10-22-10, 1:25 pm
what do you do for your HIT cardio brah?

I do the Intervals on the Stairmaster for 15 minutes. It pretty much creates my workout by adding/decreasing the speed. Sometimes I use the elliptical and do 30 sec or 45 sec all out burst then drop back down to regular speed for about 1 minute then back to my burst.

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-10, 1:44 pm
No let up, best wishes.

S. Clarida
10-27-10, 12:46 pm
No let up, best wishes.

None whatsoever!

S. Clarida
10-27-10, 12:49 pm
16 days till dooms day!!!

Very pleased as I stand right now with my conditioning and fullness. I know over these next 2 weeks, I'll be drying out a lot more and when I start to add carbs back in, I'll just be thick, full and dry as all hell.

My training has been very intense. Still going heavy as possible but adding tons of drop sets and some giant sets. Keeping careful to not do certain exercises that could cause injuries. For ex: I'm backing off the heavy squats and focusing more on the leg press. Reason being, my lower back has been giving me problems, so to avoid making them worse, I'll just train around that problem versus training through it.

All in all, things are on track and the only goal left is to keep drying out.

GK

Mr. Dead
10-27-10, 1:16 pm
16 days till dooms day!!!

Very pleased as I stand right now with my conditioning and fullness. I know over these next 2 weeks, I'll be drying out a lot more and when I start to add carbs back in, I'll just be thick, full and dry as all hell.

My training has been very intense. Still going heavy as possible but adding tons of drop sets and some giant sets. Keeping careful to not do certain exercises that could cause injuries. For ex: I'm backing off the heavy squats and focusing more on the leg press. Reason being, my lower back has been giving me problems, so to avoid making them worse, I'll just train around that problem versus training through it.

All in all, things are on track and the only goal left is to keep drying out.

GK

You got this!!!

S. Clarida
10-27-10, 1:29 pm
You got this!!!

thank MD! that's the mindset I have going in! This is my show and the year of the Giant Killer!

scals
10-27-10, 2:14 pm
Gonna rock out in 2 weeks brother!!!

B. Rowe
10-28-10, 11:49 am
Dont know how I pulled today's workout out but I did.

Alarm goes off at 6:30am and I jumped up and got ready to hit the gym. Started to warmup and and my lightest weight felt like the heaviest. I didnt think Id be able to have a good workout and I would just go through the motions. By the time I got to High Rows, I kicked it up a notch and the rest of the session was HISTORY!

-Pullups-4 sets
-Lat Pulldowns-6 sets
-High Rows-5 sets
-Low Row-6 sets
-Overhead pulls-4 sets
-Close Grip v-bar pulldowns-3 sets
-Wide Grip Pulldowns-3 sets
-Reverse Hypers-4 sets

Finished the day with:
HIT Cardio and ab work.

By the time I hopped off the stairmaster, I was shot! I feel like crap but I feel great that I had a hell of a workout. 3 weeks till history is made, once again.

GK
"Team Yellow"

Crazy how those days when you feel your worst and dont think you can even walk in and out of the gym that you flip a switch and push yourself to the highest levels you ever have. Good work my man, im routin for you to take down that overall

S. Clarida
10-28-10, 12:11 pm
Gonna rock out in 2 weeks brother!!!

Most def plan on bringing my all time best!

Crazy how those days when you feel your worst and dont think you can even walk in and out of the gym that you flip a switch and push yourself to the highest levels you ever have. Good work my man, im routin for you to take down that overall

Yea..it's pretty krazy! But the one thing that always working overtime is your mindset to be a champion and that pushes me through all the bad times. I want this shyt!!!

B. Rowe
10-28-10, 1:07 pm
Yea..it's pretty krazy! But the one thing that always working overtime is your mindset to be a champion and that pushes me through all the bad times. I want this shyt!!!

Love the attitude

Universal Repstress
01-07-11, 12:40 pm
I will be closing this thread but you can still follow Shaun's journeys by visiting him at the new Universal USA site. See link below.

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Shaun-Clarida