PDA

View Full Version : mass gain shake w/out protein powder?

Serpiente-6509
12-06-09, 10:53 pm
Can anyone please refer me to a recepie for a mass gain shake that does not use protein powder? I am kinda on the broke side (college student) and won't be able to get my Real Gains for a while.

Thanks.

On Letting Go
12-07-09, 11:54 am
Eh, not a recipe... but here some ingredients i use often:

Milk (tons of it, esp. if u dont have protein powder)
Eggs (yes, raw. you'll be fine)
cottage cheese
peanut butter
oats
fruits
EVOO

GJN5002
12-07-09, 12:02 pm
I understand youre broke and dont think you can afford protein powder but if you look at the gram to gram cost protein powder is cheaper than chicken, eggs, beef, tuna etc. If you figure your typical econo whey is about $35 for 5 lbs thats $7/lb but you get about 15 sevings per pound of powder at about 22g f protein per serving while you might only get two servings out of a pound of chicken.

Just something to consider, because I used to think I couldnt afford protein powder a few years ago in college but I found some great sites to order from and saved some money.

mritter3
12-07-09, 2:20 pm
heres mine....3 scoops choc. ice cream, 1 cup milk, 2 heaping spoons of peanut butter, 1 banana, and 1 cup of oats....its pretty tasty...ton of calories as well

mcarlson
12-07-09, 9:12 pm
I understand youre broke and dont think you can afford protein powder but if you look at the gram to gram cost protein powder is cheaper than chicken, eggs, beef, tuna etc. If you figure your typical econo whey is about $35 for 5 lbs thats $7/lb but you get about 15 sevings per pound of powder at about 22g f protein per serving while you might only get two servings out of a pound of chicken.

Just something to consider, because I used to think I couldnt afford protein powder a few years ago in college but I found some great sites to order from and saved some money.

yeah i agree. go to bodybuilding.com you'll easily get protein a shit ton cheaper. like 15 dollars plus cheaper. and don't buy shit where your paying for a label like syntha 6. garbage. im on up your mass. not bad then i sometimes go with Optimal Nutrition Pro Complex. 2 scoops=60g.
just do your homework and you'll find something online

JasonG
12-07-09, 9:17 pm
Weight gainers are expensive. Just get a cheaper whey product for now and add some calorie dense stuff to it like peanut butter. Dante Trudel has recommended putting olive oil in shakes to get calories up. He recommends starting slow with this to see how you digest it so your not stuck on the toliet. Or you could just drink a gallon of milk a day a for now. That's pretty expensive too though I bet.

TigerAce01
12-07-09, 9:22 pm
16oz whole milk
3-5 eggs
1tbsp honey
1 cup oats

Add in peanut butter, ice cream, or sugar free nesquick for variety.

-Ace