PDA

View Full Version : hittin the hammies

SailinScotty
12-07-09, 6:15 pm
I saw a guy doing these today. He was using the hack squat machine, but facing the pads with his feet towards the top of the platform. Then would squat down keeping his legs straight so it looked like he was doing SLDL on it. Looked intresting. Might try it tommorrow on my leg day. Has anyone else done these or seen it. I tried to find a video but couldnt.

Cstlfx
12-07-09, 6:41 pm
Hack-Squat Good Mornings. Dennis Wolf recently talked about using them in his routine during a Muscle and Fitness article.

It seems like a very odd exercise, but the plus to using it versus a barbell is not as much stress on the shoulder joint.

mnmvilla2002
12-08-09, 2:39 am
Charles Glass talks about that exercise in this video check it out...
http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch/5302/getting-cut-with-glass-episode-2-leg-day

SailinScotty
12-08-09, 12:38 pm
Charles Glass talks about that exercise in this video check it out...
http://videos.bodybuilding.com/watch/5302/getting-cut-with-glass-episode-2-leg-day

The guy I saw doing it stuck his butt out and didn't squat down. It looks similar to a SLDL or good morning. If I try it or see him doing them again I'll try to get a video to post.

IronWilson
12-08-09, 1:18 pm
It is a good exercise for football players (linemen especially).

ironshaolin
12-08-09, 2:12 pm
try glute/hip bridges for hams.

C.Coronato
12-08-09, 2:29 pm
Glass had Kai doing them in his road the Olympia on MDTV. I do them as well, as they releive the stress from your back and you can do SLDL much better.

GRat86
12-09-09, 1:04 pm
I saw a guy doing these today. He was using the hack squat machine, but facing the pads with his feet towards the top of the platform. Then would squat down keeping his legs straight so it looked like he was doing SLDL on it. Looked intresting. Might try it tommorrow on my leg day. Has anyone else done these or seen it. I tried to find a video but couldnt.

RDL is a great lift

prowrestler
12-09-09, 1:11 pm
try glute/hip bridges for hams.

x2

71bbo455
12-09-09, 8:34 pm
Glass had Kai doing them in his road the Olympia on MDTV. I do them as well, as they releive the stress from your back and you can do SLDL much better.

TTL,

Can you post a video or maybe tell me where I can find one. I'm having a difficult time picturing this in my head.