PDA

View Full Version : Back from hibernation...

brendanmmelanson
12-08-09, 7:29 pm
Yo,

What's up? It's been a while since I've been here. Anyone remember me? The one who did minor work-outs and such and gave up and then started up again, seemed like I was wasting everyone's time? Well, I got fed up with feeling like a failure and having the fact I let you all down, in the back of my mind. I trained, and worked on my habits, eating and life-style and my life has changed a lot... For the better. Here I am today, in the best shape I've ever been in and I owe it all to you. I'm back, to train, to live, to breathe, to further myself physically, mentally and emotionally.

The only thing I'm missing, is the support from the members here... Again.. And the routine and diet's. I'm uploading pictures tomorrow, your all in for a surprise. It's time to get down and dirty!

Vaze_06
12-08-09, 9:09 pm
oh huh? back?! sweet then
remember u saying u joined a PL team a few months ago
so bro....
deads, squat, bench? how much

brendanmmelanson
12-09-09, 7:20 pm
Power-lifting team didn't last all the way up to now, sadly. Not that I quit, there wasn't enough people, besides that fact, the people who were going weren't following our instructors suggestions, guidelines, routines and such... They all kind of did they're own thing. So now, the Auxilary Gym is open all lunch. That's our weight room, holding a power rack and all... When I walked into this school and seen that, I knew I had to do something... and no, not sit there and look at the equipment with joy.. Use it!! So, a couple of buds, Alex and Daniel and I started working at it... With our own ideas.. Haven't been strict on a work-out though.

Benching 100X10-15 reps.. I usually cut out around 13.
Squatting 200X12.. Push my self to this, feel like I'm dying though lol
Leg Press 405X15.. Those big legs of mine got some base in 'em...
Haven't really been doing deads... I know I should be, but I ended up dropping the bar one time and it scared me a bit, I pulled something and haven't really gone there since but I think Monday Daniel's gonna teach me the proper way..

Now my 'come-back' started in the Summer... Here's what I did in the summer:
Get up at 8: Do a body-weight work-out, did a work-out on the dumb bells and went for a jog around my subdivision...
Got back in around 9: Hit up the showers, enjoyed a shake, had breakfast and got ready for work.
Left the house around 10: Drove around until 11 on my 50CC Yamaha Jog scooter... It was my way to and from work, but just around Cavendish I drove around, on the main road, through the back roads and shit
Tourist Mart at 11: Got a bottle of water and a little snack, usually got a wrap or something and then went up to the campground, behind the boardwalk where I worked. Hung out at the campground Rec Centre chatting with friends that worked up there
Went to work at 11:30: I worked at a resteraunt, it was seafood mostly. I was working cash, but at the same time I had to take out the poutine cheese curds, replace the syrup containers for the pop machine, bring in new bags of potatoes and cut them up with this machine that made 'em in the fry portion for our home made fries. Sadly, my lunch was sometimes only 15 minutes.. It was too busy to take a normal lunch, so I ended up eating un-healthy but I went to Subway when I could.. It was hot as hell, I was drinking a lot of chocolate milk and soda though...

Got off work at 10PM: Drove around until around 10:30PM then went up to the campground or Sandspit the local amusement park and hung out and had fun and stuff, sometimes went to a couple partys... Got home by 12 and did it all again 6 days a week...

This is what kept me in shape, minus the partying and soda... But I'm not gonna sit here and lie. The daily duties I had, and I found my days went much smoother when I got up and worked out then went out and drove around and enjoyed a shake and stuff!!

Now here I am at school, I have gym every second day which is 80 Minutes long and my gym teacher knows what I'm working towards so he doesn't really let me slow down and take a breather. I can choose one course out of our Gym Course, like the whole Basketball session and go up to the weights every class if I want... We're working on sending me to the gym for my whole semester next semester, and still get my credit, so if that goes through I'm set.

The only thing I'm finding is I'm tired by the end of lunch, I don't do the morning routines now... I usually end up skipping breakfast and stuff, I'm falling back into bad routines. Anyone got any ideas on the whole energy thing?? I'm gonna get back into morning routines. I've been really busy since school started though, I had to get up around 6-630 to catch my bus, then go to school all day til 3:20 and then Mondays and Wensdays I had drivers ed from 3:30-6:30 and then I didn't get home until 7:30ish and sometimes later, and I still had to do homework and everything but I'm done drivers ed and got my learners so I'm a step closer to more training time.

So where do we go from here folks?? Camera won't upload to my new laptop, so I took a video with the web-cam and when I hit up high-speed i'm uploading the video. Should be on a high-speed connectionf or a little bit tomorrow morning...

Vaze_06
12-11-09, 3:22 am
nice... dude wait...
Squats.. u're using a squat rack, box... free bar on your traps and u squat right?
200 for 12?
took me about an year or so to go from 135 to 225... telling me a dude who used to be out of shape and just started lifting squats 200 pounds for 12
lol aaaah hmm No... sticking your butt or half squat DO NOT count as a squat thank u . . .
next time think twice before writing some number

lack energy? eat more, sleep more. Never skip breakfast.

brendanmmelanson
12-11-09, 4:10 pm
nice... dude wait...
Squats.. u're using a squat rack, box... free bar on your traps and u squat right?
200 for 12?
took me about an year or so to go from 135 to 225... telling me a dude who used to be out of shape and just started lifting squats 200 pounds for 12
lol aaaah hmm No... sticking your butt or half squat DO NOT count as a squat thank u . . .

Squat rack, bar isn't really free.. I mean it is but it isn't. I actually can, I'll video-tape it on Monday for you. By the twelve rep I'm toast. I can only do about 4 sets. I have a lot of muscle in my back if that contributes, haha!

Alright I'll improve.

Young&Hungry
12-11-09, 7:52 pm
nice... dude wait...
200 for 12?

200x12 really isn't an unbelievable, farfetched number for squats. I doubt he's hitting parallel though. The first time I squatted I was maybe 135 pounds and hit 225 for reps, with my ass hitting my calves every time. My current squat is nothing outstanding though, so I don't think it's outrageous to think he can hit 200 for reps. A lot of guys I train with were smoking mid 3's on the squat the first time they ever trained it.

Vaze_06
12-11-09, 8:01 pm
Squat rack, bar isn't really free.. I mean it is but it isn't. I actually can, I'll video-tape it on Monday for you. By the twelve rep I'm toast. I can only do about 4 sets. I have a lot of muscle in my back if that contributes, haha!

Alright I'll improve.

mhmm hmm...
sure good for it! tho just get your ass under a Real Free bar and squat. ass on calves. period

200x12 really isn't an unbelievable, farfetched number for squats. I doubt he's hitting parallel though. The first time I squatted I was maybe 135 pounds and hit 225 for reps, with my ass hitting my calves every time. My current squat is nothing outstanding though, so I don't think it's outrageous to think he can hit 200 for reps. A lot of guys I train with were smoking mid 3's on the squat the first time they ever trained it.

i know bro and most guy can lift 3 pies usually. well those who actually Train or do some type of sport cauz at my gym they are all freaking pussies ahahah.
but the reason why its a ''big deal'' to me is cauz im a chick lol sorry!? 225 on my traps was something the first time i tried it. tho ill get 3 pies sooner or later.

brendanmmelanson
12-12-09, 9:24 am
I wasn't lyiong to any of you in anyway in the post. I'll be improving my training game, my life-style game; Diet, sleep, and the things I do with my life. I've come a really long way from where I was this time last year... I'll have high-speed tonight, I'll upload that video for you all. It's basically just an over-all video of the transformation I made from my size in the past to my size today, not really any muscle gains, just more the fat loss.. The muscle definition is better, it's not really what I'm going for. I wanna be able to bench, squat, curl, dead e.t.c to my full potential

brendanmmelanson
12-16-09, 7:03 am
Young&Hungry: The school gym's closed down until we get back from Christmas Holidays, there is still this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week but we're not allowed to use our weight room during this period, they want everyone participating in the festivity's going on. However, I have gym today and I'm going to talk to the four gym teachers we have about the possibility of switching into the weight room with the Grade 11's & 12's for the rest of the year, as it's an all year course. Either way, I'll be on the body-weight routine and diet tonight.. The shakes and stuff will come after I get home from school, going to the grocery store to pick-up the fruits and such that I use to make the shake.

Now, this isn't a problem, I'm just curious... How's a sprained finger supposed to heal? I mean it's more then sprained, don't think it's broken. I can bend it, but not normally. It's been in this condition for about week.. The swelling went down a little last-night, but I was feeling the middle joint/knuckle and the left side of, there's a piece where it's supposed to be and another piece way down towards the finger nail... So I think I screwed up somewhere, really bad. Anyone got any ideas? I don't have time for the ER in the next two weeks, especially til this Sunday coming up.

Young&Hungry
12-16-09, 9:00 pm
Bro, a sprained finger is not what I considered an injury. When I still played football, the senior captain my freshman year hit someone so hard during a game, he broke a rib that completely punctured his right lung. This level of injury generally only happens in auto accidents in excess of 50 miles per hour. When he regained conscienceness he had to be physically restrained from coming back on the field because he wanted to play so bad...but you may have a sprained finger? There is a fine line between playing it safe and just being tough, but this poses no threat to your development as a teenager or body as a whole. Sack up and lift something.

You may have some changes with your body, but page one of this journey is already full of excuse after excuse. If you want to take it to the level that you want it to be, you're gonna have to leave that bad habit in the dust.

brendanmmelanson
12-17-09, 3:52 pm
Bro, a sprained finger is not what I considered an injury. When I still played football, the senior captain my freshman year hit someone so hard during a game, he broke a rib that completely punctured his right lung. This level of injury generally only happens in auto accidents in excess of 50 miles per hour. When he regained conscienceness he had to be physically restrained from coming back on the field because he wanted to play so bad...but you may have a sprained finger? There is a fine line between playing it safe and just being tough, but this poses no threat to your development as a teenager or body as a whole. Sack up and lift something.

You may have some changes with your body, but page one of this journey is already full of excuse after excuse. If you want to take it to the level that you want it to be, you're gonna have to leave that bad habit in the dust.

Wow. Alright, well the confusion was whether it was broken or sprained, sprained I got no problem dealing with. Broken, I'd want to have some X-Ray's done and see what's needed before I risked making it worse.

& Summm, I'm doing the body-weight routine for the next few days. Got a power rack coming to the house, already got dumbells and the bench. I'm almost there... I'll post up the log from tonight's body-weight routine tonight at-least, I'm pushing myself beyond the usual.. Not a big deal, I'm just gonna up my numbers, set the bar a little higher tonight.

brendanmmelanson
12-18-09, 6:14 pm
Alright, back from a half decent night of training. Came into some personal issues, ended up throwing some punching bag into the mixture. Fingers basically good now, it's still sore and swollen but I found my ways to deal with it. Other then that, I wasn't able to get any supplements in or a proper diet last-night... No excuses, just didn't have the food in the fridge. I'm going grocery shopping here and a bit and getting back in the game... I trained this morning too but didn't log, I was rushing to get it done before the bus.

Push-ups: 300
Sit-ups: 300
Mountain climbers: 140
Squats: 500.. I barely made it into this, believe it or not, it was my original goal to hit 500 on everything but I kept pushing at the squats.

I did around 45 minutes on the treadmill switching between a running speed to a walking speed in rotations.. I did the routine in sets of 10.

I tried to get into the gym with Jo-Bo today, he was at the school. He's a ex-pro boxer who does training classes at lunch but my teacher made me sit in the library and work on my research paper. No excuse, I coulda made it if I didn't mess up on the paper.