PDA

View Full Version : Cygnus' Journey Through the Black Hole.

Cygnus79
12-09-09, 2:55 pm
Hey all, I'm a student of music at SIUE, studying percussion and education.
All through highschool, like most I'm sure, I hit the weights as training for football. Weighing a scale tipping 305 my sophomore year through my junior year. After the end of my football career I just decided to drop the weight. I started to search for different programs diets and training forms. Inevitibly leading me to get sucked into the addictive nature that is bodybuilding.

Of

Cygnus79
12-09-09, 3:02 pm
Hey all, I'm a student of music at SIUE, studying percussion and education.
All through highschool, like most I'm sure, I hit the weights as training for football. Weighing a scale tipping 305 my sophomore year through my junior year. After the end of my football career I just decided to drop the weight. I started to search for different programs diets and training forms. Inevitibly leading me to get sucked into the addictive nature that is bodybuilding.

Now one year of training I've surely but slowly dropped down to a respective 223 with max powerlifts at 415 in Squats, 405 Deadlift, and 245 Bench press. Of course now I'm addicited to the gym, but in a healthy way, not over training or anything like that. My diet is limited to whats offered in the cafeteria and when I can afford lean red meats. Protein powder of course. And creatine.

My split right now is kind of moving into an "off season" sort of program. I'm wanting to put on some quality muscle and strength after all this time cutting down the fats. I'll definitely keep up with posting. Stayed tuned all. And thanks for reading.

-Cygnus

Cygnus79
12-09-09, 3:02 pm
Sorry about the first post I got cut off and my time to edit expired.

Cygnus79
12-12-09, 1:18 pm
Back and Biceps were yesterday, training was kept short and sweet but still intense.
Lat Pull Downs - 2 warmup sets x 10
" - 3 Sets X10
Bent Over Rows-3 x 10
Wide Grip Pull Ups- 3 to fail
Dumbbell Rows- 3 x 8
Biceps
Preacher - 3 x 10
Hammer - 3 x 8
Standing DB Curls - 3 x 8
Concentration - 2 x 15

Cygnus79
12-12-09, 1:36 pm
Training December 12th 2009, Vasquez's Gym

10 minutes of thorough stretching.
18 Minutes on the stationary bike.
2 Miles on the elliptical (13 minutes).
Cooled down with 1/2 mile walk on the tread.

Hang-Clean Warm-up - Current Max is 285
2 sets of 135 x 10
1 set of 225 x 10
1 set of 245 x 10
1 set of 255 x 8
1 set of 265 x 8 (PR) (All reps were caught)

Calves
Standing machine - 3 sets of 250 x 12
Cooled down with abs
Hanging leg lifts 2 x 20
Dumbbell Oblique 2 x 15 (70 lbs)
Decline crunches 2 x 20 (14 lbs medicine ball)

Today felt great everything was precise and intense, going to "hibernate" tomorrow. Have a great weekend all.