PDA

View Full Version : is it possible?

d218
12-11-09, 11:25 pm
Just wondering it is possible to maintain some size doing weighted/bodyweight dips, pullups (variations), pushups(variations .. i will still be squatting and deadlifting heavy as well.. my friend has a squat rack but no benches so we can still deadlift and squat heavy.. and he has a tower (dont know the proper name) where you can do pullups and dips...i have a belt that can add weight .. im 5'9 200 pounds wanting to get to 175-180 pounds and will be doing all the exercises i mentioned spread out over mon/wed/fri

BionicMasterPiece
12-12-09, 12:33 am
Just wondering it is possible to maintain some size doing weighted/bodyweight dips, pullups (variations), pushups(variations .. i will still be squatting and deadlifting heavy as well.. my friend has a squat rack but no benches so we can still deadlift and squat heavy.. and he has a tower (dont know the proper name) where you can do pullups and dips...i have a belt that can add weight .. im 5'9 200 pounds wanting to get to 175-180 pounds and will be doing all the exercises i mentioned spread out over mon/wed/fri

pullups and dips are some of the best exercises you can do too gain muscle or burn fat...i like to call those exercises..."anabolic" exercises...rofl...but yeah man do em!

Cstlfx
12-12-09, 12:39 am
You said you have a friend with a rack, will you be able to work out with him (i.e. have him as a spotter)? If this is the case, you can do floor presses as well as other exercises. You wont be able to get a full range of motion, but its better than nothing!

d218
12-12-09, 12:52 am
yes i will be working out with him... he really wants to just cut weight and get definition as do i but i would also like to still squat and DL heavy...i know diet has a big role and i have got mine down pretty well i was thinking of this

monday : circuit training with pullup variations/ abs / pushup variations
tuesday : cardio
wednesday (alternate every week): squats/deadlifts + assistance
thursday : cardio
friday: military press , weighted dips/chins
sat/sunday: rest or active rest like basketball or take a walk

NickSP
12-12-09, 1:09 am
right there with the rack and free weight you've got:

squats
front squats
barbell lunges
deadlift
stiff-leg deadlift
barbell rows, overhand/underhand
pull ups (and probably multiple grips to use)
unless you're using 45's on skull crushers I'm sure you could do them on the ground
dips
barbell curls
standing (or find something to sit on) military presses
hang cleans/power
barbell front raises
upright rows
shrugs
bicep/tricep ladder (look up brandon curry's unleashed on youtube to get a look at these)

all ya need is some way to hit chest

d218
12-12-09, 1:27 am
is it possible to get a big back with deadlifts and pullups/weighted chin ups or are rows necessary?

machineman
12-12-09, 2:04 am
I would say that you can get a big back with the deads/chins but if you are able to rows of any kind, I would certainly toss them in as well....

d218
12-12-09, 2:51 am
probably going to do this

monday: circuit day (pushups/pullups/abs)
wed: squats or DL and power cleans
friday: military press, chins, dips, rows

ironshaolin
12-12-09, 5:55 pm
Do floor presses, they can help your chest. Those, the weighted dips, and weighted pushups and I think you'll have enough. A power rack, a place to do chins and dips is really all you need. Screw all tha fancey stuff.

BionicMasterPiece
12-13-09, 12:33 am
is it possible to get a big back with deadlifts and pullups/weighted chin ups or are rows necessary?

just doin deadlifts alone will create huge vipers on your back, rows will fill the rest out

d218
12-13-09, 2:13 am
cool thanks everyone for your help hopefully it goes well