PDA

View Full Version : Back In The Gym

Powerfreak
12-11-09, 11:32 pm
I have just started training again after over a year and a half or so.
I have relocated to southern Virginia,and there aren't really many gyms down here, and really nothing with what I need.
I do have a lead on a gym about two hours from home,gonna go and check it out next weekend.
I will be starting from scratch,I relly hope there is something to that muscle memory crap.
If anyone knows of any gyms in the southern Va,northern N.C, area please let me know.

Need to get back on the platform, can't stand being away.

Vaze_06
12-11-09, 11:38 pm
welcome back into the madness
i was going crazy when i couldnt lift for 2-3 months.. really dont know how u manged year and half. damn.. tho u'll be killing it in no time
sub

NPC Chicka
12-11-09, 11:42 pm
THey say what you "run from, eventually you run to."

I'd have to agree with this. So, let's start running towards our goals, side by side.

NPC Chicka

Powerfreak
12-11-09, 11:44 pm
Thanks.
Hopefully I can find a decent gym with the equipment that I need, and a good crew.
Having good training partners makes a huge difference. Training alone just doesn't get it, and the wife is a bodybuilder, so she has a totally different training routine, though she trains as hard as anyone I know.

Powerfreak
12-11-09, 11:45 pm
THey say what you "from from, eventually you run to."

I'd have to agree with this. So, let's start running towards our goals, side by side.

NPC Chicka

What the hell is from from! LOL

NPC Chicka
12-11-09, 11:48 pm
What the hell is from from! LOL

Mea Culpa, my dear...........I corrected my faux pas.......... brain can only work one sentence at a time............ Stimulus overload between Elmo, diapers, laptops, husband and translating some idiots version of "how to win friends and influence people."

I fixed it............. LOL

NPC Chicka

J Wong
12-11-09, 11:53 pm
Definitely in!

NPC Chicka
12-17-09, 11:46 am
Thanks.
Hopefully I can find a decent gym with the equipment that I need, and a good crew.
Having good training partners makes a huge difference. Training alone just doesn't get it, and the wife is a bodybuilder, so she has a totally different training routine, though she trains as hard as anyone I know.

I have always supported your goals, both on the platform and off. You WILL find a great training environment, you WILL find a crew, and you WILL pick up where you left off, making a mark on the PL platforms. It will be an upward climb, but that is to be expected. You will have to retrain yourself to be the tortoise this time around; not the hare.

"Venturing off of a path is not the same as walking the other way."

Love you always,

NPC Chicka

naturalguy
12-17-09, 11:49 am
Good to see you back in the mix Powerfreak

G Diesel
12-17-09, 11:50 am
Back where he belongs...

Welcome my brother, you've been missed.

Peace, G

T o m m Y
12-17-09, 11:51 am
Welcome back!!

This is going to be awsome!

Maccabee
12-17-09, 12:25 pm
This is going to be awesome. I remember seeing loads of your videos and all the crazy squating. I cant wait to see more. I am glad to see you back on the forum. I wish nothing but the best for you. Peace.

ghost
12-17-09, 12:36 pm
great to see you getting back in to it Bri. hope the family is doing well.

Powerfreak
12-17-09, 2:17 pm
I will be going to check out a new gym this weekend in Norfolk Va,(Virgiina beach), Brute Strength Gym, it's supposed to have everything I need, including 2 MonoLifts.
Brian Siders trains there also from what I understand.
If it is alll it's supposed to be the family and I will be moving in the not to distant future.

I will keep ya all posted.

widdlewade44
12-17-09, 2:22 pm
You will get where you are going and you know you have support here on the FORVM Powerfreak.

I'm glad to have you back brother,

Kevin
widdlewade44

Powerfreak
12-17-09, 10:09 pm
You will get where you are going and you know you have support here on the FORVM Powerfreak.

I'm glad to have you back brother,

Kevin
widdlewade44

Can't wait to get back in a real gym, although my trip to Norfolk might get postponed, we are supposed to get anywhere from 6-12 inces of damn snow on Sat., but if it aint to bad I'm goin'!

mritter3
12-18-09, 8:24 am
well hopefully you get to go out there and check it out....glad your back in the game bro...cant wait to follow this journey...subbed

Powerfreak
12-18-09, 9:46 pm
Well, just got to work, it's a 9 mile drive, and it took me 45 min.,had to get towed up one hill! My car is a sled, 1990 ford thunderbird, NOT a snow car.
So my trip to norfolk will at least be postponed one day, I will have to see what the roads look like Sunday.
Actually I need to figure out how I am gonna get home in the morning,lol. We are supposed toget about a foot of snow I believe, gotta keep an eye on it tonight.

Powerfreak
12-21-09, 7:01 pm
Well, the storm didn't do all it was supposed to, so I was able to make the trip to Norfolk and Brute Strength Gym.
I have been in a bunch of gyms over the years, and I can honestly say that this gym is by far the most amazing well equiped gym I have ever been in.
Totally geared for both powerlifting and strongman. Complete to calibrated competition plates,two mono-lifts,deadlift platform, the works.
For strongman, it's the same, with tires all the way up to 1100lbs, a conans wheel, stones, power stairs, sleds, two Side by side runways for holding stongman comps, all inside.
They hold both strongman and powerlifting events at the gym.
Brian Siders is a Worlds strongest man competitor who is currently training there to get ready for the comp at the Arnold in 2010. I actually got to talk to him for a bit while I was there.
One of the first things I noticed when I got there was an ANIMAL poster on the door of one of the offices.
Everyone there welcomed us jsut like we were a part of the family, I immeadiately felt right at home.
I got in a good squat workout on the mono-lift, and then went on to have a pretty decent deadlift workout.
They even broke out the competition bars for me to use, apparently only made available to those who actually compete so that we can train with the same equipment used in the meet. That is not to say that the other bars are no good, the are top quality, just like everyting else I saw in the gym, i would have been just as happy to use them, but they offered the others for my use.
They also have two platforms, along with the plates and bars needed for Olympic lifting.
For now I will be making the close to three hour trip every week, probably rotating squat and deads one week and squat and bench the next.
The plan is to move to the area sometime early in 2010 so that i can train there on a regular basis.
The wife will also be training there, as they even have the cardio stuff that she needs, as well as everything else.
They will be holding a powerlifting meet, I beleive on Feb 2nd, althogh I won't be ready by then. I am sure i will have to get in a qualifying total before I do another national meet,
The sanctioning body of the meets is the SPF, which I have not lifted in yet, but I beleive that the west side crew has gone to that affiliation, and I am pretty sure that Sam Byrd lifts there as well, and I think he has trained at Brute Strength also.
I look forward to lifting at this gym in my quest for a 1200lbs. squat, and another World title somewhere down the road. I will do my best to keep ya posted.

If ya want any info on this gym go to www.brutestengthgym.net

Brian

Big Wides
12-21-09, 7:08 pm
Welcome back....nice to have you around these parts again

Powerfreak
12-21-09, 7:22 pm
Welcome back....nice to have you around these parts again

Thanks Bro', it's good to be back in the mix. Just gotta keep my head in the game and train insane!