PDA

View Full Version : Change?

Xklubr
12-13-09, 9:55 pm
I am 23 years old 6'3" and 385lbs(ish). I played varsity football and wrestled in highschool then hurt my knee senior year. Lifting was never a big deal to me because I always worked on farms, and throwing around 120lbs bales of hay all summer long can do a hell of a lot to build solid muscle. I am now 60lbs heavier then when I graduated and have a hunger to be better. I started taking lifting serious last year, but it seemed as soon as I was seeing changes I got hurt. Shoulder, elbow, and knee all at the same damn time! I took 7 months off from anything, but swimming, and now have been back in the gym consistently for 2.5 months. Yesterday at the ABC meeting in Plano at Metroflex I pulled 405 from the floor for the first time ever, and since I have only been doing deads for 2.5 months I felt ecstatic about it. Because of my knee squats can get sketchy real fast, and I only started doing legs about a month ago. Tonight I did a drop set from 315 to 135 then did 6 sets of leg press going up to 20 plates. Right now walking is tough, lol. Because of my shoulder my bench is much lower then a man my size should be putting up. My max as of last week was 315, but it has gone up 90lbs in the last month and a half. Power lifting has always been something I loved to watch and I always though that some day I would do it. I remember watching the MetrX Worlds Strongest Man on ESPN and telling my dad I would be there one day. The time has come, the hunger is there, and I am ready. I know that I have some serious training ahead, and probably a ton of pain, but I am ready. I want to drop to 325lbs and be the strongest I can be!!! Please fellow animals keep me accountable and push me to be better. I have a great partner who pushes me to the max, and now I have a whole network behind me. Nothing is going to stop me now!!!!!

I also posted this somewhere else. Sorry still trying to figure this out.