PDA

View Full Version : Lower biceps

sideburnz
12-14-09, 9:41 am
Hey bros been awhile since i last entered a post. Anyways, i've been working real hard and everyting is going well except that i'm having this minute lag in my biceps.When i flex my arms,they look pretty good,with an above than average 'peak'. But when i just stand still the biceps look very average. Especially the 'lower biceps', which are lagging. I need them to grow.I've tried all types of splits, but what works is back with bis which is a killer. I either do 3sets of bb or db curls.3sets of one-armed db preachers & 3sets of 21s. I have stuck to the basics and all those stuff before so i hope i don't get those advices.Other than that, be my guest bros. Thanks.

BryanSmash!
12-14-09, 11:13 am
The shape and insertion points of your biceps is genetically predetermined and cannot be altered. Instead, work the brachialis with reverse preacher curls, this will give the illusion of your biceps being fuller, and closer into your forearm.

prowrestler
12-14-09, 4:55 pm
when ur arms are 22 inchs in girth yet are on the same length of your humerous, they will be more "full"

forget about what specific exercise...

steak, eggs and oatmeall will take care of it...along with time

Lightnin'
12-14-09, 5:01 pm
Sounds like you may need to do some pre-exhaust methods. Try standing barbells 21's to running the rack concentration curls dumbbell 40's down to 20's. Go heavy and these will drill your guns, lower bicep and peak. If you don't want to hit the peak at all just do a partial rep going half way.

sideburnz
12-16-09, 9:31 am
do ya guys think doing partial reps on a BB curl or concentration would work?

t_mh
12-16-09, 11:17 am
No, I think what prowrestler said would work.

dannynb
12-16-09, 12:35 pm
The shape and insertion points of your biceps is genetically predetermined and cannot be altered. Instead, work the brachialis with reverse preacher curls, this will give the illusion of your biceps being fuller, and closer into your forearm.

I agree here, try the reverse curls.

theharjmann
12-18-09, 6:12 am
when ur arms are 22 inchs in girth yet are on the same length of your humerous, they will be more "full"

AMEN

mritter3
12-18-09, 8:13 am
i like the idea of doing rev. preacher curls...u mixing it up?, dont get caught up in the same movements week to week, and like pro said...eat a ton, and they will grow.

theharjmann
12-18-09, 11:37 am
also, dont train them more than once a week.

Lightnin'
12-18-09, 3:00 pm
No, I think what prowrestler said would work.

do ya guys think doing partial reps on a BB curl or concentration would work?

Have you tried it? For people with stubborn biceps, pre-exhaust and partials work well.

BionicMasterPiece
12-18-09, 7:23 pm
Hey bros been awhile since i last entered a post. Anyways, i've been working real hard and everyting is going well except that i'm having this minute lag in my biceps.When i flex my arms,they look pretty good,with an above than average 'peak'. But when i just stand still the biceps look very average. Especially the 'lower biceps', which are lagging. I need them to grow.I've tried all types of splits, but what works is back with bis which is a killer. I either do 3sets of bb or db curls.3sets of one-armed db preachers & 3sets of 21s. I have stuck to the basics and all those stuff before so i hope i don't get those advices.Other than that, be my guest bros. Thanks.

wait until your arms get big like maybe around 18-20"+ then see if your satisfied

MikeMcM
12-24-09, 2:20 pm
I have been doing this exercise for my bi's that a friend who has been in this game for a while showed me.

He described them as hammer curls with a little variation, instead of going straight up, pull it across your body, with your wrist facing down, curl it up to right above your pec, keep your elbows in close to your body and try to isolate the movement to work your bicep as much as possible.

I have been doing them ever since i tried em, i like them a lot, they also get your forearms a bit as well.

I would also recommend reverse bb curls, keep ur elbows in and focus on really working the bicep.

Hope you get what your looking for.

Alk
12-26-09, 2:34 am
The ex-bodybuilder I train with told me about pinch curls the other day. Basically, take a 5 or 10 pound plate, pinch it between two fingers, and curl away. Don't use your other fingers to support it, just curl the plate with only those two fingers.

A good example is this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i79VUBXXCpo

However, don't do what this guy's doing and use your whole freaking hand. Two fingers, try it. I guarantee you that you'll have a hard time with 5 or 10 lbs.

Kryptonite
12-27-09, 1:27 pm

Why not both?

BryanSmash!
12-29-09, 1:55 am
Why not both?

While I mostly agree with the overall message of the other statement (your arms will grow with a solid bulking diet and compound exercises over a period of time), I felt the OP's question was more bodybuilding related, where achieving symmetry is key. As always with an increase in bodyweight, your arms will grow concurrently, but simply eating and throwing around heavy ass weight for a number of years isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. It didn't appear to me that the OP was spending too much time pumping out set after useless set of concentration curls to try and make his arms grow, but rather had an imbalance due to genetic limitations, so I stick by my initial response for this particular situation.

You may want to try both suggestions however, depending on your goals and unique situation.

Kryptonite
12-30-09, 7:58 am
While I mostly agree with the overall message of the other statement (your arms will grow with a solid bulking diet and compound exercises over a period of time), I felt the OP's question was more bodybuilding related, where achieving symmetry is key. As always with an increase in bodyweight, your arms will grow concurrently, but simply eating and throwing around heavy ass weight for a number of years isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. It didn't appear to me that the OP was spending too much time pumping out set after useless set of concentration curls to try and make his arms grow, but rather had an imbalance due to genetic limitations, so I stick by my initial response for this particular situation.

You may want to try both suggestions however, depending on your goals and unique situation.

Wait, wait...

Oh, okay. That's a good idea.

BryanSmash!
12-30-09, 8:20 am
Wait, wait...

Oh, okay. That's a good idea.

lol