PDA

View Full Version : carb cycling confusion need some input

daflex
12-14-09, 4:54 pm
Carb cyclin and noticed a problem quite a while ago and wondering some opinions other than mine. Well as you know say for instance using rice the box says 3 fat, 33 carbs 3 protein for half cup. well i got a present called a taylor food calculator and weigher. sorry about spellings and other mistakes anyways well suposidly its real expensive and you can input what your weighing and it calculates carbs fat protein ect really cool and handy for counting for the convience of amount to ratio but like said instance of rice my machine says i have to eat a little more than the box which do i trust because on the days when i gotta eat eight hund carbs that little bit changes to alot more food i have to eat and already eat till sick on most them days. Thanks any input appriciated.

daflex
12-14-09, 5:08 pm
Wanting some opinions so i have a second on what others think cause don't want to be way overeating or in other way not eating enough thanks

Fury317
12-14-09, 5:31 pm
Can you post up a link to that piece of equiptment? And, despite what the machine says, I would go by the box- there are FDA regulations that require nutrition info be presented correctly (or 95% correctly).

Also, even carb cycling, I dont know why you would take in 800g of carbs in a day. Thats unreal. How much do you weigh?

daflex
12-14-09, 5:54 pm
i don't know of website for it its mostly dead on with everything except portion amounts which like i said are very close within milligrams of what the box says but once you go way up in amounts it changes and box doesn't state that high just going by adding it up i will tell ya name and model of weigher if ya want and my carb cycling was written by a good friend who is a nutritionist among other things and i trust him i think its 600 carbs and 300 prot on monday 400 and 300 tues, 200 and 350 on wed, thurs 600 and 300, fri is 400 and 300, sat is 200 and 350 then sunday is 800 and 200 its a two month bulk cycle then i go down quite a bit for a month then back up

daflex
12-14-09, 6:02 pm
im with ya on the box thing tho i would think that by law they gota be darn close but i wonder if that not why they list such small amounts on everything be cause when you get into weight lifter portions box portions are snacks lol i ve been going on the box except for with meats its so nice to use for that just throw oz's of chicken on there and just ask it if its enough its great. just don't know about potatos, speghetti, oats, rice ect.

daflex
12-14-09, 6:06 pm
the machine is a taylor nutritional scale with 8.8 pound capacity its silver and pretty big about the size of a laptop and its got guarantee's all over it so i don't know what to believe but boy it nice to just use it throw a plate up there just sprinkle on food till carbs and protien get where want them then done no adding on paper and in your head with scratch pad

OklahomaMuscle
12-14-09, 11:08 pm
I have always just weighed my protein sources and used the box/bag to calculate my carbs. It's tough to get an accurate measure of say rice or pasta using a scale. I'd stick with the box for calculating your carbs if I were you.

Kryptonite
12-15-09, 9:23 pm
Don't bother cycling carbs, bro.

Just eat balanced throughout the day, everyday.

Ex: 2 servings of protein, 1 serving carbs, 1 serving of (monounsaturated) fat, and 1 serving of vegetables.

This will set your diet to a 1:1 ratio.

Ex: 300g protein, 300g carbs, and about 100g fat.

daflex
12-16-09, 12:42 am
I really do appriciate the info but thats exactly what been doing for long time right now i think im going to give this cycling about three weeks if not seeing strength and size results and just fat i'll go back to like you said cause thats what i been doin and worked great so far just tryin an edgy kinda thing ya know brotha but ill post and let ya know wheather it was a waste or good idea. but again thanks for input